Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

If you get a pitbull you're no longer allowed to refer to it as your dog, it always must be referred to as :siren:MY PITBULL:siren: and you must act like a martyr for owning one.

That is EXACTLY the vibe I'm getting from all these posts, thank you for putting it so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

Hey look it's yet another pro-pitbull post

http://imgur.com/gallery/waND4Yw

Are these people seriously that insecure or something

This happens pretty much whenever pitts get brought up on SA too, pittbulls are one of those things like tipping or hot dog toppings that people are insanely defensive about for whatever reasons

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

This happens pretty much whenever pitts get brought up on SA too, pittbulls are one of those things like tipping or hot dog toppings that people are insanely defensive about for whatever reasons

It's because all the crazy ladies in the pet forum own like a billion of them and post all the time about how they're trying to kill each other, but don't you DARE suggest they're aggressive.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also Facebook.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I don't have anything against the dogs themselves, I don't find them particularly interesting. The owners tend to be INCREDIBLY self-righteous and preachy though

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pitbulls are pretty cute. :3:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
They're alright dogs but it's the people who act like they personally busted into a dogfighting ring and saved their lovely shelter pit from being a "bait dog" who are insufferable.

:byodood:HE HAS A SCAR ON HIS FACE HE WAS A BAIT DOG MY POOR PRECIOUS FURBABY:byodood:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

They're alright dogs but it's the people who act like they personally busted into a dogfighting ring and saved their lovely shelter pit from being a "bait dog" who are insufferable.

:byodood:HE HAS A SCAR ON HIS FACE HE WAS A BAIT DOG MY POOR PRECIOUS FURBABY:byodood:

I didn't know that was a thing. I've never encountered it. Is it alright to dislike both the above and the other extreme who yank their children away and say that all pitbils should be put down?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

goose fleet posted:

Sure but what's up with all of these "SEE THEY AREN'T THAT VIOLENT" posts

Idiots fear them, like they did rottweilers in the 90s, you're being weird.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

This one weird dog, everyone hates it!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Alaois posted:

pit bulls are cute

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

E: I also found one of these http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Paw-Black/dp/B00LZWFHU0 pinned to the bunk, I stopped playing with it when I realized what transpired there the weekend before
What the gently caress is this thing supposed to actually be? A cat toy? Why would a cat want to bat around the likeness of their own kin's severed limb?

Also, "people who bought this also bought" this horrifying thing.
http://www.amazon.com/BigMouth-Inc-Black-Jack-Mask/dp/B00IP6HDTW/ref=pd_sim_21_4/188-4518277-8084219?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FM6FGBMS96ZN1VDRP2M

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

:dogbutton:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Sometimes I wonder what opinion puffin would post if it could post opinions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Klaus88 posted:

Probably just puffery.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Klaus88 posted:

I sure do love fish. I hope all of my children aren't eaten by seals or hawks.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Klaus88 posted:

"making GBS threads on rocks is a good use of time."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Am I missing something? That Puffin seems logical to me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RatHat posted:

i'm very sorry you had to find out this way

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

RatHat posted:

It entirely depends on who initiated sex.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
MRA's love that argument, don't they?

Take that you drunk, spermjacking sluts :smugdog:

Speaking of

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

I don't think women really get free housing for missing child support payments.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CommunistPancake posted:

It entirely depends on who initiated sex.

I don't get it, if the man is drunk he isn't thinking straight either. Though I guess that argument doesn't work for drunk driving.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

I don't get it, if the man is drunk he isn't thinking straight either. Though I guess that argument doesn't work for drunk driving.

If you get drunk and murder someone you're not excused. Committing a heinous act while drunk does not get you off scot free.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Front page edit: Wow, Front page? PM me your nudes. Jk, don't really, I'll feel bad

But it doesn't stop there.

So I saw this confession bear (http://imgur.com/gallery/sYhpFks) this morning of a guy who took his best friend's phone and figured I should finally confess... Senior year of high school, my best friend started dating this girl that we had both had a crush on FOREVER, and she is REALLY hot. Freshman year of college, my phone broke and I bought his old Droid II off of him to hold me over for a while. He restored the phone to the factory settings (thinking that would erase everything) and for $20 it was mine. Not less than two days later I was looking at pictures of my long time crush completely naked. I downloaded a program called Wondershare Data Recovery and used it to restore EVERY SINGLE ONE of his old files. When you delete files (or restore a phone to factory settings), the phone does not actually *delete* the files, it just makes them unaccessible. They only disappear if your phone/computer writes something over those files. So since he wiped it and sent it to me, I restored all of the old files perfectly and now have 37 beautiful pictures on my laptop. This has been my confession. And a how to. Or a how not to, depending on who you are. FP Edit: Send me more nudes. Or golden retrievers.

Tags: Funny

:dogbutton:
I mean, sure, it's the right use of the meme but what a loving broken piece of human garbage do you have to be to do something like that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That's just an ad for Wondershare Data Recovery

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mark this day on the calendar, Imgur finally uses a meme correctly.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Mark this day on the calendar, Imgur finally uses a meme correctly.

They're on a loving roll:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Ironically I started going to Imgur because the funny pictures and memes threads in PYF were basically copied off the Imgur frontpage most of the time. But the Imgur community is a waste.

If a man is poor enough he can be excused. If a woman is making enough, she can can lose her assistance housing.

I know this because my dirt poor friend's dirt poor sister can't get support money from her baby daddy because all the money he makes under the table, yet the govt. still thinks she's getting money from him when she is not (somehow? I don't know how it happened) and so her rent went up, and she and her kids had to move in with her parents.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

See also: stdh.jpg

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

CommunistPancake posted:

If you get drunk and murder someone you're not excused. Committing a heinous act while drunk does not get you off scot free.

This implies that women are incapable of rape. I don't really see what's wrong with that one, either. To clarify, when it mentions that both are drunk I'm taking the assumption that it means "too drunk to consent" not like some situation where the woman is passed out and the man had like, one beer. If you and someone else drank so much that you can't really remember the night before but you're pretty sure the two of you had sex, at worst it's a regrettable night but it's not rape.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

This implies that women are incapable of rape. I don't really see what's wrong with that one, either. To clarify, when it mentions that both are drunk I'm taking the assumption that it means "too drunk to consent" not like some situation where the woman is passed out and the man had like, one beer. If you and someone else drank so much that you can't really remember the night before but you're pretty sure the two of you had sex, at worst it's a regrettable night but it's not rape.

But you still had sex with someone who couldn't consent. Yes, you were drunk, but if you initiated the sex, you had sex with someone who could not consent.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kit Walker posted:

So if you drive a car so blind drunk you can't see straight and kill someone is that also just a regrettable night?

Realised I'm probably taking the bait but gently caress it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
D&D is a great place for discussions like this, you know?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sakurazuka posted:

So if you drive a car so blind drunk you can't see straight and kill someone is that also just a regrettable night?

Realised I'm probably taking the bait but gently caress it.

That's a false equivalence. More like you're blind drunk and you crash into the car of another driver who is also blind drunk and neither of you die and also your insurance covers the damages. Or maybe they crashed into your car? Neither of you remember in any case

Also the one other thing I glossed over about that first image is that MOST likely in such a scenario the other person wouldn't be accusing you of rape. It not impossible, but I think it would be unlikely, so again the image comes from some dude projecting his fears of women.

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Aug 27, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

D&D is a great place for discussions like this, you know?

No, but it is a place for discussions like this.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

That's a false equivalence. More like you're blind drunk and you crash into the car of another driver who is also blind drunk and neither of you die and also your insurance covers the damages.

"Quit bitching about how that guy "raped" you! You were drunk too! It's not like you died. And hey, at least your insurance covered it."

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

That's a false equivalence. More like you're blind drunk and you crash into the car of another driver who is also blind drunk and neither of you die and also your insurance covers the damages. Or maybe they crashed into your car? Neither of you remember in any case

Also the one other thing I glossed over about that first image is that MOST likely in such a scenario the other person wouldn't be accusing you of rape. It not impossible, but I think it would be unlikely, so again the image comes from some dude projecting his fears of women.

In that case the other driver was also doing something wrong. If someone is drunk, and you initiate sex with them, you and only you are raping someone.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

CommunistPancake posted:

In that case the other driver was also doing something wrong. If someone is drunk, and you initiate sex with them, you and only you are raping someone.

Can you really initiate sex if you cannot consent to sex?

FAROOQ has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Seems like the line between "whoops we had sex when we were both drunk and neither of us wanted to/would have sober, that sucks" and "whoops we had unwanted drunk sex guess we're both rapists" is pretty thin. I know I've had blackout sex with people before and we've both obviously thought "wow that was not supposed to happen" the next morning but I didn't know that automatically made both of us sex offenders

• Locked thread