Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

While I'm downloading here, is it best to try and fulton everything you can? I'm big on tranq gun/hiding bodies when it's practical.

in peace walker? yeah.

Lots of the people you get will have lovely grades for intel/medical/research/mess hall; just focus on filling them up first to raise their grade, then later on look up online where the A and S rank soldiers for each group are to level up the groups.

You'll start off with a limited supply of fultons, but you'll upgrade it and get other devices (fulton mine/rocket launcher) to get more per mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also know that in PW you can only fulton people, no items/animals

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PW is a game I really wanted to like, but gently caress the PSP controls. Perhaps it's time to give the HD version a try on the PS3.

Also the stupid animu poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gfanikf posted:

PW is a game I really wanted to like, but gently caress the PSP controls. Perhaps it's time to give the HD version a try on the PS3.

it's infinitely more playable on a console/PS Vita with the seconds stick to control the camera

as for the anime poo poo, well, it's metal gear. this song plays during one of the boss fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRTM-kdEkI

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Peace Walker is metal gear + monster hunter + animes.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gfanikf posted:

Naked Bear posted:

MGS isn't zany anime poo poo, which is why the rest of us like it. It occasionally goes off the deep end or gets a little weird, but it's def. not anime.

ElMaligno posted:

And people say MGS games are serious as gently caress LOL

Protip: stop being a bitch and play the game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's infinitely more playable on a console/PS Vita with the seconds stick to control the camera

as for the anime poo poo, well, it's metal gear. this song plays during one of the boss fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRTM-kdEkI
Yeah I guess I should have said mostly Paz stuff. I will say the Che worship is a bit dumb but it's not like he kept playing a drat song about him over and over again.

I think part of the problem was how non linear (and grinding is a part of it) it is to an extent and how hard solo boss battles were (due to equipment/controls/I really didn't want to play with pubbies) before I quit. The controls were the pits as you said. I think I'm going to boot it up tonight.

Of course one problem with MGS is how in each new game the controls get so much better so going back is always a bit awkward.

ElMaligno posted:

Protip: stop being a bitch and play the game.
Eh you've convinced me.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Peace Walker's control scheme with the DualShock is much more modern than the old style MGS controls. It's very easy to play.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Peace Walker's control scheme with the DualShock is much more modern than the old style MGS controls. It's very easy to play.

Yeah, it's pretty decent so far. I'm just crouch walking around, holding up guys and shocking them.

E: Some of these cassette tapes are hilarious

EBB fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 25, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers of the true ending are out now so you guys might want to be careful where you internet for a while.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah, it's pretty decent so far. I'm just crouch walking around, holding up guys and shocking them.

E: Some of these cassette tapes are hilarious

The best time I ever had playing peace walker was using nothing but the banana and seeing how fast I could just run around sticking dudes up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the spoiler for quiet is really loving stupid

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the spoiler for quiet is really loving stupid

Tumor tits?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Spoilers of the true ending are out now so you guys might want to be careful where you internet for a while.

And it's something.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

if you people start talking about spoilers in this thread i will spam the gently caress out of the gayest anime MGS pictures i can find

so help me god

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo I just read some spoilers, cant loving believe quiet is if you clicked this you're gay

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mike-o posted:

holy poo poo I just read some spoilers, cant loving believe quiet is if you clicked this you're gay

im gay

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh man the "Woo hoo!" noise extracted prisoners make :3:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That was just speculation.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mike-o posted:

im in the military, cant be double gay

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ElMaligno posted:

im in the military, cant be double gay

Don't ask ask, Don't tell tell.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

:siren: The Washington Post review spoils a fuckload of stuff. don't read it. :siren:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well my no kills run lasted until the T-72 boss. I lost my patience and reloaded with a LAW instead of the tranq. Fultoned all the soldiers and just then the commander pops out. No tranq, so I shot him in the face with the LAW. :shepface:

E: Got my first codename, Butterfly

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm gonna dive into GZ cuz I want Hideo on my eff oh bee :3:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time to give PW a try...here's to hoping it's better the second time around.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

no, its the reason why she just wears a bra on ops and its hella dumb. i wouldnt even call it a spoiler its so throw away

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i want to know what the black spikes are that stick out of the ground when the metal gear sarcophagus strikes with his fire swordwhip

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i want to know what the black spikes are that stick out of the ground when the metal gear sarcophagus strikes with his fire swordwhip

pure anime

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no, its the reason why she just wears a bra on ops and its hella dumb. i wouldnt even call it a spoiler its so throw away

will we be ashamed of our words and deeds

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snake's excuses for being in a Central American jungle get funnier each time.

I'm a(n)...

Photographer
War Photographer
Entomologist
Ornithologist

E: Come back to my place, and you can have all the French cigarettes you want. :quagmire:

EBB fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 26, 2015

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I watched some youtube video trying to explain the metal gear saga, and I'm even more lost than before

gj hideous kojimer

still will play

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

elite_garbage_man posted:

I watched some youtube video trying to explain the metal gear saga, and I'm even more lost than before

gj hideous kojimer

still will play

Watch the LPs by Chip. They're good and he's funny.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

or just play them yourself instead of having some sexless youtube virgin tell you???>????!??!?!??@?#??#??%?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also a possibility.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I don't play games, I just spectate

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also i guess that idiot bitch who got konami to give him a copy early to LP it is a big deal on the forums here

if you're reading this i hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh is he? Cause everyone in the other thread hates him.

• Locked thread