Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress yeah I got the 500 gems armor. 800 souls from arena :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I changed my mind again and bought the Dragon Armor today. I just got 2300 gold from an Invasion. :stare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shwqa posted:

gently caress yeah I got the 500 gems armor. 800 souls from arena :getin:

Bandire posted:

I changed my mind again and bought the Dragon Armor today. I just got 2300 gold from an Invasion. :stare:

Stop guys, you're making me want to buy those too.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
My invite code is Rat Cook, if there's still any space in the goon guild(s). Just hit 50 yesterday (arena is dope).

Edit: Thank you boiz.

van fem fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 24, 2015

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

van fem posted:

My invite code is Rat Cook, if there's still any space in the goon guild(s). Just hit 50 yesterday (arena is dope).

Invite sent.

EDIT: Dang it. The ranks were reset. Guess I ought to grind back up to rank 1.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 24, 2015

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013

Daveski posted:

Sent! One more available.

Thanks! I'm still really low level and poor as gently caress so I might not be able to donate gold to the guild as much as the others, but I'll be sure to do so as soon as I can :shobon:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Just got my first Legendary - Keeper of Souls. Looks pretty good.

Just got my second Legendary! It's... Keeper of Souls again. :v:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DaveWoo posted:

Just got my second Legendary! It's... Keeper of Souls again. :v:

My first three legendaries were all Venoxia. My next two after that have been Orion. Thanks RNGesus!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Doctor Goon posted:

Thanks! I'm still really low level and poor as gently caress so I might not be able to donate gold to the guild as much as the others, but I'll be sure to do so as soon as I can :shobon:

Our previous recruit, a sophisticated gentlegoon named Moat, donated 60k in one day and his savvy investments have netted him multiple keys, souls and maps. This scrub I'm quoting has donated 0 gold so far yet he received the exact same rewards. Fox News was right.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So is it worth mastering the challenges for your capital or is the return vs investment not worthwhile?
Basically is my team better served invading, for a high rank, and arena in terms of gold and all that good stuff

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

seravid posted:

Our previous recruit, a sophisticated gentlegoon named Moat, donated 60k in one day and his savvy investments have netted him multiple keys, souls and maps. This scrub I'm quoting has donated 0 gold so far yet he received the exact same rewards. Fox News was right.

99.6% recruits have maps. :argh:

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013

seravid posted:

And I have used these rewards to get new troops, finally get strong enough for PVP and win enough games to donate 1000 gold to the guild. Communism, oh! :ussr:

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So is it worth mastering the challenges for your capital or is the return vs investment not worthwhile?
Basically is my team better served invading, for a high rank, and arena in terms of gold and all that good stuff

I would start with getting keys, souls, etc.

Once you have a decent team or two, its absolutely worth it to master the challenges. They had a substantial boost in battles and have a chance to provide some decent hourly rewards.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Alright thanks I'll look into it
Now being mastered is all 5 stars for each one?

My team is pretty good. I think I got everyone except some epics and I got a whooping 0 legendaries. Go me

Staff of madness, alchemist, herd master and blade master is pretty drat solid team
I kinda want to drop blade master, staff plus herd does most my lifting, but not sure who I'd put in instead

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The thing to pay attention to is the number next to the kingdom name. You get one point for each troop leveled to 15 and another point if you beat all the challenges (5 stars on every challenge). If you tap on the kingdom button there is a question mark button showing the bonuses for each point.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Doing all the challenges for a kingdom takes a long rear end time. If you really want to raise the level on a kingdom it's probably better just to do some arenas and level up dudes.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Tiny Chalupa posted:

My team is pretty good. I think I got everyone except some epics and I got a whooping 0 legendaries. Go me

Staff of madness, alchemist, herd master and blade master is pretty drat solid team
I kinda want to drop blade master, staff plus herd does most my lifting, but not sure who I'd put in instead

The Epics you get for finishing the quests in Whitehelm and Mist of Scales are both quite good, if you haven't done that already.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Any guilds open? Invite code AKEMI HOMURA_1 and I actually have enough gold to contribute now. I think.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Gem Blossums has a couple spots; can't invite you myself, though. Limited spots for higher ranks is bullshit.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
If there's still room, I'm AZRAELNEWTYPE

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Invites sent to you last couple goons!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
In the Android Gaming thread summertime mentioned a good "starter team" that I think consisted of Sapphira, Atlanta, Raven, and either Bearbarius if you had him or else Hero with an appropriate color weapon. Anyone remember this or confirm I am right?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

vulturesrow posted:

In the Android Gaming thread summertime mentioned a good "starter team" that I think consisted of Sapphira, Atlanta, Raven, and either Bearbarius if you had him or else Hero with an appropriate color weapon. Anyone remember this or confirm I am right?

Sapphira, Atlanta, and Raven are all good duders.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
They may be good duders but having 3 of your team be questline rewards is the exact opposite of what I consider a starter team. I've used hero, Sapphira, Goblin, Skeleton pretty much exclusively since I started and its gone swimmingly. Half of the team being Commons helps it fall more under the definition of "starter team" also.

Now for serious face rolling, that looks like a good team.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I finally got Valkyrie today after a week's worth of keys. A couple of chests later I got Treant to so I guess I'll try to see if I can make Team Infinite Turns.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I got my magic key from joining the forums. I got Black Beast, Wolf Knight, and Griffon Knight, all of which I already had. Oh well, it was still nice of them.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Can someone in Acme Gooniversity up some of the masteries? We're sitting on 20 or so tokens

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Coffeehitler posted:

They may be good duders but having 3 of your team be questline rewards is the exact opposite of what I consider a starter team. I've used hero, Sapphira, Goblin, Skeleton pretty much exclusively since I started and its gone swimmingly. Half of the team being Commons helps it fall more under the definition of "starter team" also.

Now for serious face rolling, that looks like a good team.

Sapphira was pretty easy and once I got her then it just got silly. Hers was the third kingdom I cleared.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Sapphira was pretty easy and once I got her then it just got silly. Hers was the third kingdom I cleared.

I got her pretty early from a lucky key.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DARPA Dad posted:

Can someone in Acme Gooniversity up some of the masteries? We're sitting on 20 or so tokens

Only people ranked 2 and above can do that, which means there is only one who can do that. :v:

e:

I just got my freebie magic key from joining forums. Two commons and 1 Legendary: Abhorath.

Eat The World :unsmigghh:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 25, 2015

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone happen to know what tribute the new kingdom (Grosh-Nak) gives?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gooniversity ranks have been adjusted and coins have been spent.

We also have a couple more spots in the roster open.

Sorry about the delay. I haven't had as much toilet gaming time the past few days.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

I'm level 50 and I'd like to join the Gooniversity, invite code is SPACEPOPE.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm only level 14, I'll join any guild willing to carry my rear end. Invite code BEEF HARDCHEESE.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I'm only level 14, I'll join any guild willing to carry my rear end. Invite code BEEF HARDCHEESE.

Gem boiz has 3 open slots. Someone invite these goons.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Thanks, but I already joined up with Gem Blossums. They should put something about pants making GBS threads or goatse in their invite message, though. I thought it was from some pubbies and almost deleted it before checking the thread.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Got a little over 50 gems, buy a costume now or wait? I feel like buying now is the better move since saving up for the more expensive ones could take a long time and having even only 50% more [something] right now will really help. Not sure which one to choose, though, as they're all extremely useful.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

seravid posted:

Got a little over 50 gems, buy a costume now or wait? I feel like buying now is the better move since saving up for the more expensive ones could take a long time and having even only 50% more [something] right now will really help. Not sure which one to choose, though, as they're all extremely useful.

Getting the 50 gem gold one is super useful when combined with the alchemist/Valkyrie/banshee combo, you can get 158 gold every mission not counting the rewards, plus a map here and there. Instead of losing gold you are making 70-100 each time! I have heard to skip the 100 gem ones though.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Thanks, but I already joined up with Gem Blossums. They should put something about pants making GBS threads or goatse in their invite message, though. I thought it was from some pubbies and almost deleted it before checking the thread.

not sure there is a way to include a message with the invite, otherwise definitely

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Getting the 50 gem gold one is super useful when combined with the alchemist/Valkyrie/banshee combo, you can get 158 gold every mission not counting the rewards, plus a map here and there. Instead of losing gold you are making 70-100 each time! I have heard to skip the 100 gem ones though.

Good advice. Also don't be afraid to spend excess glory on treasure maps. Keeping 150 or so glory in reserve is a good idea, but treasure maps are a good source of gold/souls/gems.

quote:

not sure there is a way to include a message with the invite, otherwise definitely

There's no way to add a message unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I think the message referenced is the one in Guild -> Manage -> Info. I don't think it can be freely customized. You can probably change it based on min level reqs but only to another preset.

Otherwise i'd recommend "If you are not contributing, you do not have enough fiber in your diet."