Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
All good. My draft is early Sunday morning Australia time (Sat US time) so that should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wattershed posted:

This might be a bit out of the purview of this thread, and may have already been covered (so apologies for each) but...

WHY THE gently caress DOES ESPN LOG ME OUT EVERY 20 MINUTES NOW

I'm not the only one this is happening to, right? If this is their solution over actually providing stricter password requirements they have a whole chain of people who deserve to be fired into the sun.

A follow up to this:

We had two new women come in and share a team in our league. First time players. But, when it was draft time, they couldn't log in and draft at all. No matter what I tried to do as commish, I couldn't get them in to draft. They said they were ok with an autodrafted team, so we went on. Today, they tried to add/drop players, but they couldn't do it at all. I tried deleting them and readding them, and it did nothing. I ended up spending an hour on the phone with ESPN, and almost had to create a duplicate league to fix it.

What had happened? Well, they had a Disney account and an ESPN account that used the same email. Somehow, she had a username/ESPN name that she hadn't used since 2008 that had latched on to the fantasy football site, and that was the only way they could log in, with that long forgotten username, not the email.

I've got to think that over the offseason, they merged Disney/ESPN accounts somehow, and if you had the same email in both or email as a username, something may go screwy with your account. Just from watching my wife fight and struggle with her Disney travel agent reservation website, and seeing how the fastpass app caused a bunch of problems the last time we went two years ago, I just have a low opinion of Disney IT in general. If they've somehow merged both Disney and ESPN IT (they may have done so long ago, who knows), God help ESPN.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Rashad Jennings for ODB worked out pretty well last year

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

There's no way to look at this as anything other than awful at every glance. Lacy was still a top 10 pick last year, he couldn't have gotten better than Torrey Smith?

He probably could have, I was about to close a deal that would've sent Julio Jones away for McCoy, but the other guy backed out. My RB2 was not good, can't remember who it was, but I had ABrown/JJones/TSmith/LaFell as my four WRs, with Josh Gordon waiting in the wings to presumably save me at the end of the season, so I probably would've bitten on Lacy for Julio at that point.

But Smith had just come off a 2TD game, Lacy wasn't doing much at that point, and he had some really lovely WRs. It was selling snake oil, but this same dude knocked me out of the playoffs four years straight, including the previous year where I had it won unless Megatron got 10 fewer points than the Ravens' kicker Tucker in the last game of the week when the Lions played the Ravens, and Tucker kicked like six loving FGs, and this guy watched the game with me cackling the whole time.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Silly Burrito posted:

A follow up to this:

We had two new women come in and share a team in our league. First time players. But, when it was draft time, they couldn't log in and draft at all. No matter what I tried to do as commish, I couldn't get them in to draft. They said they were ok with an autodrafted team, so we went on. Today, they tried to add/drop players, but they couldn't do it at all. I tried deleting them and readding them, and it did nothing. I ended up spending an hour on the phone with ESPN, and almost had to create a duplicate league to fix it.

What had happened? Well, they had a Disney account and an ESPN account that used the same email. Somehow, she had a username/ESPN name that she hadn't used since 2008 that had latched on to the fantasy football site, and that was the only way they could log in, with that long forgotten username, not the email.

I've got to think that over the offseason, they merged Disney/ESPN accounts somehow, and if you had the same email in both or email as a username, something may go screwy with your account. Just from watching my wife fight and struggle with her Disney travel agent reservation website, and seeing how the fastpass app caused a bunch of problems the last time we went two years ago, I just have a low opinion of Disney IT in general. If they've somehow merged both Disney and ESPN IT (they may have done so long ago, who knows), God help ESPN.

What the heck is a disney account and why would anyone have one?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

To set up Fastpasses and Magic Bands when you go to Disney World.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah and if you don't do this have fun waiting 2 hours for splash mountain and whipping out your wallet every tile you want an ice cream like a scrub.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The SituAsian posted:

Rashad Jennings for ODB worked out pretty well last year

I cut ODB in week 4 because I had AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Eric Decker, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon, and Jarvis Landry, and thought to myself, 'how much points is a rookie WR on the Giants going to get, really?".

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

I cut ODB in week 4 because I had AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Eric Decker, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon, and Jarvis Landry, and thought to myself, 'how much points is a rookie WR on the Giants going to get, really?".

The answer is all of them. All the points

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

One game after Trich was traded to the Colts, I traded him and Victor Cruz for Jamaal Charles. Rode the Jamaalocaust and Lacy all the way to the league championship that year.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 26, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

You can also order them in seven different colors so that

Oh my. I think my dadism is showing

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I pick 8th in a 14 team 0.5 PPR league, but the commissioner is a loving idiot so he's been changing scoring without actually discussing with the league. And it's a work league so most people don't understand/care and I'm the only one putting up any kind of a stink, so the changes are probably going to stick.

He's removed an RB slot and replaced it with a W/R/T flex, so we start QB/WR/WR/RB/Flex/Flex. To compensate he has changed RB scoring - it's 0.125 points per yard instead of 0.1 and he's added stupid bonuses for 1st down runs (1 point each!), 40 yard runs (1 point) and 40 yard TDs (2 points). Some quick and dirty math shows RBs being significantly higher scoring than WRs now. So while I was originally considering Dez and Julio at 8, now I think I've got to take a RB. So, my question would be who do you guys prefer - Jeremy Hill or CJ Anderson?

I was thinking Hill originally but I like the Mathis signing for Denver.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Doltos posted:

that's uhhhhh

that's quite the red text you have there

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Keeper conundrum. My keeper options are slim this year. For a last round pick I could keep one of Jarvis Landry, Joseph Randle, Tre Mason or Isaiah Crowell. Mason and Crowell look like they're not going to shape up for much this season. Landry is probably the safe pick as a WR3 with good potential. I really wish Randle would get his act together so I could trust him to start behind that Dallas line. I got burned keeping Zac Stacy last year so I'm second guessing my pick.

Edit: 12 teams, no ppr, WR/TE flex

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

A follow up to this:

Girlfriend had the same exact thing happen because she's a Disney season pass-holder.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Because someone is a Disney season pass-holder. Seriously bitches be crazy about Disneyland. Okay, I enjoy it if I'm stoned enough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I traded Jake Locker and Jeremy Maclin for Peyton Manning and a 2nd round pick.

In 2013.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I trade Lafell for DeVante Adams?

My current WR's- Cobb, Tate, Edelman, Lafell, Brown, Boldin, Jordy(IR)

Standard scoring non ppr.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Disney season pass holder and have had the same issue for a few weeks now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

RCarr posted:

straight up? i'd say yeah. adams is going to be working the outside and will be a big red zone target

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doobie Keebler posted:

Keeper conundrum. My keeper options are slim this year. For a last round pick I could keep one of Jarvis Landry, Joseph Randle, Tre Mason or Isaiah Crowell. Mason and Crowell look like they're not going to shape up for much this season. Landry is probably the safe pick as a WR3 with good potential. I really wish Randle would get his act together so I could trust him to start behind that Dallas line. I got burned keeping Zac Stacy last year so I'm second guessing my pick.

Edit: 12 teams, no ppr, WR/TE flex

In 0 PPR, Landry is less appealing. I'd probably go for Randle, though I wouldn't fault you for taking Landry.

RCarr posted:

I'd make that trade, but it's definitely trading a safer floor for a higher ceiling/lower floor.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Worst trade to date: I gave CJ Anderson and Cody Latimer to the Denver homer in our league for Chris Borland... around week 13, in a dynasty league.

I had him for two glorious weeks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TubeStank posted:

that's uhhhhh

that's quite the red text you have there

I have a feeling I know who bought it but they won't speak up. I kinda like it since it makes all my posts huge now.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I pick 8th in a 14 team 0.5 PPR league, but the commissioner is a loving idiot so he's been changing scoring without actually discussing with the league. And it's a work league so most people don't understand/care and I'm the only one putting up any kind of a stink, so the changes are probably going to stick.

He's removed an RB slot and replaced it with a W/R/T flex, so we start QB/WR/WR/RB/Flex/Flex. To compensate he has changed RB scoring - it's 0.125 points per yard instead of 0.1 and he's added stupid bonuses for 1st down runs (1 point each!), 40 yard runs (1 point) and 40 yard TDs (2 points). Some quick and dirty math shows RBs being significantly higher scoring than WRs now. So while I was originally considering Dez and Julio at 8, now I think I've got to take a RB. So, my question would be who do you guys prefer - Jeremy Hill or CJ Anderson?

I was thinking Hill originally but I like the Mathis signing for Denver.

Raise a stink, that scoring is loving retarded. CJ Anderson is probably a better scorer than Hill this year, maybe, but it seems Hill might completely dominate touches this year. Really depends on how much Bernard cuffs him, since it will be more significant than Hillman's cuff on Anderson. You also might get a better option than either because people are WR infatuated this year (including me).

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

Do it. Rumor is that Lafell might go on PUP which is why Wayne was signed.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doltos posted:

I have a feeling I know who bought it but they won't speak up. I kinda like it since it makes all my posts huge now.

Raise a stink, that scoring is loving retarded. CJ Anderson is probably a better scorer than Hill this year, maybe, but it seems Hill might completely dominate touches this year. Really depends on how much Bernard cuffs him, since it will be more significant than Hillman's cuff on Anderson. You also might get a better option than either because people are WR infatuated this year (including me).

I've challenged the commissioner on it and he won't even give me a real explanation. He has cited "experiences from last season" which is likely just the fact that he lost. I'm 99% sure that he's doing this because he knows the majority of the league will be slaves to Yahoo's pre-draft rankings and his scoring changes won't be reflected in their rankings, so he can find some draft steals with the spreadsheet he has put together and is bragging about. It's loving bullshit, and I've said as much, but he doesn't seem to care and neither does the rest of the league.

Part of me wants to bail, but I really want to be in a work league and I destroyed them all last year, so I know I've got a really good shot to win. Another part of me wants to just distribute beersheets to the entire league to negate any advantage he might gain (even though I will sort of have an advantage too, just be virtue of actually knowing what I'm doing).

Anderson caught significantly more balls than Hill last year. Is Hill's receiving game expected to increase at all this year, or is Gio still going to be the focus there?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

RVProfootballer posted:

In 0 PPR, Landry is less appealing. I'd probably go for Randle, though I wouldn't fault you for taking Landry.

I'm really high on Landry, I think he's more like Antonio Brown than many people seem to think.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
If i'm 5 or 6 in a 12 man league, is it stupid to draft WR for first 2 picks? I've never done this and always take a RB's to my liking very quickly but if it just comes down to lovely RB's and good WR's in the middle of the 1st round I'm not thinking twice, right? I havent done much research this year and I know pick for values, but tell me this is a lovely strategy and I shouldnt before I do - I've been doing this in mock drafts.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I have no idea who to go with at TE, I have Hill but I'm not sure if I should go with one of the other ones available. Rudolph, Eifert, Donnell, and Fleener are on my watch list right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Eternal Hobo posted:

I have no idea who to go with at TE, I have Hill but I'm not sure if I should go with one of the other ones available. Rudolph, Eifert, Donnell, and Fleener are on my watch list right now.

I'd grab Eifert instead.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

RCarr posted:

Similar question, but would you trade Joseph Randle for Adams? The Adams owner is starting McFadden in his flex and has literally all WR on his bench, so he has zero RB depth. I have decent depth in both and would be starting Adams or Randle in my flex. 12 team .5 ppr

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 26, 2015

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've challenged the commissioner on it and he won't even give me a real explanation. He has cited "experiences from last season" which is likely just the fact that he lost. I'm 99% sure that he's doing this because he knows the majority of the league will be slaves to Yahoo's pre-draft rankings and his scoring changes won't be reflected in their rankings, so he can find some draft steals with the spreadsheet he has put together and is bragging about. It's loving bullshit, and I've said as much, but he doesn't seem to care and neither does the rest of the league.

Part of me wants to bail, but I really want to be in a work league and I destroyed them all last year, so I know I've got a really good shot to win. Another part of me wants to just distribute beersheets to the entire league to negate any advantage he might gain (even though I will sort of have an advantage too, just be virtue of actually knowing what I'm doing).

Anderson caught significantly more balls than Hill last year. Is Hill's receiving game expected to increase at all this year, or is Gio still going to be the focus there?

being in a non competitive work league with stupid scoring that you "destroyed" the year before doesnt sound like much fun. I would bail.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gbaby posted:

If i'm 5 or 6 in a 12 man league, is it stupid to draft WR for first 2 picks? I've never done this and always take a RB's to my liking very quickly but if it just comes down to lovely RB's and good WR's in the middle of the 1st round I'm not thinking twice, right? I havent done much research this year and I know pick for values, but tell me this is a lovely strategy and I shouldnt before I do - I've been doing this in mock drafts.

This is a good year to go WR-WR.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

After watching hard knocks, I'm thinking of changing my fantasy team name to Jack O'Brien's birthday cake. Too much?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

If your commissioner is such a poo poo that he is changing rules without input then I would seriously ask if you are still having fun. If so, then walk in there and laugh as you draft every RB you possibly can.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is a good year to go WR-WR.

Along this vein, I have a question about how to read your beer sheets properly. In the standard-scoring beer sheet that I'm looking at, it seems like the top 10 running backs have a higher VAL than the highest WR (Brown). It seems wrong that all 10 should be selected before Brown, so is there any known mechanism for deciding when it would be appropriate to take the lower-VAL player in Brown? It seems like VAL is meant to be a valuation that stretches across all positions, but it just seems odd that the top 10 RBs are so valuable.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Along this vein, I have a question about how to read your beer sheets properly. In the standard-scoring beer sheet that I'm looking at, it seems like the top 10 running backs have a higher VAL than the highest WR (Brown). It seems wrong that all 10 should be selected before Brown, so is there any known mechanism for deciding when it would be appropriate to take the lower-VAL player in Brown? It seems like VAL is meant to be a valuation that stretches across all positions, but it just seems odd that the top 10 RBs are so valuable.

Higher level RBs are more valuable than higher level WRs because fewer high level RBs exist. Also, #1 RBs on run-heavy teams get way more work than other RBs. Also teams start more WRs than RBs, and RBs score more consistency (1 guy to hand off to rather than a choice of 2-3 to throw to)

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Malloreon posted:

Higher level RBs are more valuable than higher level WRs because fewer high level RBs exist. Also, #1 RBs on run-heavy teams get way more work than other RBs. Also teams start more WRs than RBs, and RBs score more consistency (1 guy to hand off to rather than a choice of 2-3 to throw to)

I get that, and it seems definitely the case that it's possible/easier to leverage significant amounts of value from lower-ranked receivers, as players like Maclin, Beckham, and Evans ended the year ranked fairly highly after not being drafted super early. The magnitude just seemed shocking to me, suggesting that the optimal first 10 picks of a standard draft should all be RBs. But I suppose with standard scoring it's just so valuable to have a bona-fide RB1.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I get that, and it seems definitely the case that it's possible/easier to leverage significant amounts of value from lower-ranked receivers, as players like Maclin, Beckham, and Evans ended the year ranked fairly highly after not being drafted super early. The magnitude just seemed shocking to me, suggesting that the optimal first 10 picks of a standard draft should all be RBs. But I suppose with standard scoring it's just so valuable to have a bona-fide RB1.

Pretty much.

The other thing to consider is your draft spot and ADP. Since the draft is full of irrational actors and people with different value schemes it's possible to exploit disparities to maximize draft value. For example there could be a RB in the same tier as others who goes a round later.

In general I tend to go RB heavy in standard leagues unless I can get insane WR value.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The magnitude just seemed shocking to me, suggesting that the optimal first 10 picks of a standard draft should all be RBs.

This also appears to be an exception; not sure what sheet you're looking at, but for most of the standard scoring sheets, it looks like Brown is around #7 overall.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gyshall posted:

PYF lovely trades

Leveon Bell, Jared Landry for ODB, Alfred Blue

Bradford, Marshall, Lacy for Julio, Hyde, Winston

The draft was 48 loving hours ago.

I joked did they just want to do the draft all over again and those assholes took it seriously and tried to start a vote thankfully it didnt last. Why am i in this league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
Pillbug

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

This also appears to be an exception; not sure what sheet you're looking at, but for most of the standard scoring sheets, it looks like Brown is around #7 overall.

Yeah it might be. I was looking at the 0PPR 4-point passing TD 14-team sheet. Thanks for the info y'all. I'll keep an eye on the ADP as well as the value to try to get bargains.

• Locked thread