Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well. I have the great wood staff core, I have a couple of thaumcraft caps, can't make the staff. It's not that I don't have enough via, the recipe just doesn't show up. The thauminomicon only shows how to craft the core so I assumed that it was just core+2 caps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Well. I have the great wood staff core, I have a couple of thaumcraft caps, can't make the staff. It's not that I don't have enough via, the recipe just doesn't show up. The thauminomicon only shows how to craft the core so I assumed that it was just core+2 caps.

thaumium caps are inert when you first make them and you have to use infusion to activate them

you will probably want gold caps if you are trying desperately to avoid infusion crafting

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aw I was hoping to make the staff before I sank my teeth into that. Oh well.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
What is with this staff nonsense

Scepters are the way of the future, keep that poo poo in an arcane worktable somewhere

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

McFrugal posted:

So uh... I got warped enough to research the Eldritch Eye-related stuff. Is there even an Obelisk that has keystones? All the ones I've found are just obelisks with nothing near them to put the eyes on.

You put the eyes on the center plinth under the node. :ssh:

Also one of the floating islands has a bonus eye for you.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Blind Duke posted:

What is with this staff nonsense

Scepters are the way of the future, keep that poo poo in an arcane worktable somewhere

It's for getting enough vis to jar a node to make a centivis node without having to deal with infusion crafting/more advanced thaumcraft stuff until after you have infinite vis. Once you have your infinite recharge ACT up just toss the staff away and be on your way.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i made a silverwood staff AND a silverwood scepter AND a vis stone

175 vis for crafting 500 for zappin nerds :whatup:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Blind Duke posted:

How are you supposed to get nether shards? I tried eating a bunch in the mini hell biome and I'm getting no gluttony shards. I'm assuming there's a way of duplicating them considering all the single shards laying around

Osmonic enchanter and enchanting a thaumcraft pickaxe with corrupting.

Also you want to stop using gold caps and go straight to mana steel, which is efficent as thaumium caps and significantly cheaper.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 26, 2015

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Alkydere posted:

It's for getting enough vis to jar a node to make a centivis node without having to deal with infusion crafting/more advanced thaumcraft stuff until after you have infinite vis. Once you have your infinite recharge ACT up just toss the staff away and be on your way.

Pretty sure a Gold Called Greatwood Scepter has enough capacity to jar a node in the first place so you don't really need to make the staff.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
slapped a lava crystal on a lumber axe.

:stare:

e: best 20 reputation I've ever spent

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Question: If I want to keep the transfer rate up, do I need to pump Ordo CV into the input or the output end of a magic mirror pair? Or does it not matter?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The coolest mod ever would be a Tinkers Construct/Thaumcraft Mod that lets you use tool stations to interchange wand parts so I could upgrade my old wands to better wands.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

vibur posted:

Where is this guide? I haven't really fooled with Thaumcraft since before centivis.

It's on like page 3 of my post history in this thread, I did a couple crash course effort posts.

Short version if you already know some thaumcraft is to research infusion and silverwood wands, then scepters and or staves. Then research node stabilizers and transducers in the top left of the thaumaturgy page, as well as wand recharge pedestals and the workbench relays. Finally, research node in a jar.

Find a nice 30+ point node with an aspect that builds from humanus, bottle it (you'll need a silverwood wand or a greatwood scepter or staff), stabilize and transduce it, slap a charging relay on an arcane workbench, enjoy easy vis. Oh, keep some blooms on hand for cleanup when you uncork your node if it's tainted, but it stops being tainted once it's transduced.

When you know how to fast track centivis tech, it's really easy to get it going, and you can do it without doing any infusion!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Reason posted:

The coolest mod ever would be a Tinkers Construct/Thaumcraft Mod that lets you use tool stations to interchange wand parts so I could upgrade my old wands to better wands.

i wish tinker's would steal the upgrades from dartcraft, those ruled.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
If I have just one pure daisy, can I make floral fertilizer from it? The impression I got from the guide that 1 flower becomes 2 petals becomes 2 floral powder, but I need 4 floral powder.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Steelion posted:

slapped a lava crystal on a lumber axe.

:stare:

e: best 20 reputation I've ever spent

Now put lapis on it.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

If I have just one pure daisy, can I make floral fertilizer from it? The impression I got from the guide that 1 flower becomes 2 petals becomes 2 floral powder, but I need 4 floral powder.

Pure daisies cannot be turned into petals. If you only have a single mystical flower then no you can't make floral fertilizer from it. However every place that has mystical flowers has like, a bunch.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You can bonemeal a flower to make a double height flower. It can only be harvested with shears at this point, hitting it drops nothing. The double height flower doubles the petals

this is going to kill whatever bonemeal reserves you had

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

as said, only mystical [color] flowers give petals. a pure daisy counts as a crafted flower (since normally it is when you're not playing blightfall and none can be found in the wild) and i'm pretty sure that there's nothing you can craft functional/generating flowers into barring making a couple of them smaller to reduce their active radius.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Now put lapis on it.

That works?

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Well poo poo. Now I just need more diamonds.

e: and ender pearls, I guess. I've got 4 ender cored lilies and 3 more on end stone so at least I can make them that way.

e2: I can't put lapis on the axe, so I guess I'll just have to live with a stack and a half of charcoal per tree.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 26, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I just went for this first http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Jaded_Amaranthus

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Blind Duke posted:

You can bonemeal a flower to make a double height flower. It can only be harvested with shears at this point, hitting it drops nothing. The double height flower doubles the petals

this is going to kill whatever bonemeal reserves you had

Oh I was wondering what the double height flowers were for that I kept running into while playing Hubris. I'm pretty sure that just making fertilizer is more efficient though.

E: Uh... I don't think the Tainted Blood Pendant accepts the Brew of Sane Thoughts.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 26, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

not that i'm aware, I dropped a wand recharge doohickey next to my CV node and it did squat

if you can put it in an arcane crafting bench it will but vis stones and staves don't fit in there :negative:

did you connect the charger to your energised node with the vis relay?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best "warp home" kinda deal in Blightfall? Preferably something that lets you warp back to where you were, too, but just back home would be already helpful.

I guess there's always the suicide express, but I don't have a reputation farm set up yet so I'd prefer to not rely on that.

edit: VVVVV MPS owns a lot and has many things going on in it that other mods could stand to learn from. Like how does no one else do anything similar the tool selection for the power glove? Rad as gently caress. Of course, you should do what you want and not what random internet people tell you to!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 26, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I'm sure nobody cares anymore but I fixed the worst issues with MPS (I think)

Should I keep bothering with this, fix sounds/localization/etc. or move on? I still want to build that shamanism thing...

Light Gun Man posted:

What's the best "warp home" kinda deal in Blightfall? Preferably something that lets you warp back to where you were, too, but just back home would be already helpful.

I guess there's always the suicide express, but I don't have a reputation farm set up yet so I'd prefer to not rely on that.
There's not a lot. For a makeshift Town Portal device, you can carry around a blood magic teleposer and a focus linked to one in your home, but that's 2 inventory slots.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 26, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Before I ended my short game of Blightfall last night, I did a middle-level black market quest. The loot included a laser drill and two prechargers. I am swimming in emeralds, and I have some dandelions for yellow dye, so I was thinking of trying to drill for yellorium and keep the reactor going. With the starter reactor, do you think I can keep this up?

Actually, I have some more magic questions:
Where is the tainted rod research?
Where is the mana steel cap research?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Before I ended my short game of Blightfall last night, I did a middle-level black market quest. The loot included a laser drill and two prechargers. I am swimming in emeralds, and I have some dandelions for yellow dye, so I was thinking of trying to drill for yellorium and keep the reactor going. With the starter reactor, do you think I can keep this up?

Actually, I have some more magic questions:
Where is the tainted rod research?
Where is the mana steel cap research?

They are both under the apocrypha tab. I forget what unlocks them but presumably scanning taint and botania related things. A tainted tendril is an ingredient so try for that. You'll also need a shovel of the purifier which needs at least thaumium, this is a great item for clearing taint but also to get more taint aspect really easily.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Hard to say. I expanded to a 3x3x1 interior with ender around the fuel rod early on, and I loaded the thing up with fuel foci ASAP. But it's not much more efficient now than it used to be, and it's turning a fair profit - although I also smelt everything in the induction smelter and use the rich slag on yellorium just to be sure.

Either way, it'll be slow going with just the starter reactor . I strongly recommend digging around for yellorite. It's kinda rare but in ore caches you can find a fair bit, and I think there's probably an item to help you dowse for it? The pick of the core?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The reactor is okay to get started but I recommend generating rf with botania. You can convert mana to rf at a decent rate.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Clairetic posted:

I'm sure nobody cares anymore but I fixed the worst issues with MPS (I think)

Should I keep bothering with this, fix sounds/localization/etc. or move on? I still want to build that shamanism thing...

There's not a lot. For a makeshift Town Portal device, you can carry around a blood magic teleposer and a focus linked to one in your home, but that's 2 inventory slots.

If MPS is modular power suits, then yes please keep fixing it! It is my absolute favorite mod and it has made me extremely sad that I haven't been able to play with it on 1.7.10 without futzing with a kludgy fan fix that doesn't ever quite work right.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Light Gun Man posted:

Or just add in other mods. I added RFTools, for the teleporter and a charged porter. They don't use much RF, so it's quite nifty to just use an energy cell. I guess you could also do E-Mobile or Warp book or something.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Cantorsdust posted:

If MPS is modular power suits, then yes please keep fixing it! It is my absolute favorite mod and it has made me extremely sad that I haven't been able to play with it on 1.7.10 without futzing with a kludgy fan fix that doesn't ever quite work right.

Yay!

Well.

It should be entirely usable now.

Things that have been dropped:
-Anything UE-related
-half the IC2 support added by that one wonderful person (those features will still work through RF)
-slick-util/custom font thingy (it wasn't important anyway and with non-english localizations it gets to be more work than it's worth)

Things that don't yet work correctly but I still intend to fix:
-Sounds
-Shaders

Things that need doing for polish reasons:
-'Chisel' tool module (relatively trivial, doesn't require any interfaces, just a different harvest type - at least, that's what I'm told)
-More localization
-Configurable module costs
-IC2 radiation shielding
-Energy cache to reduce tick lag on highly populated servers
-JSON shapeless recipes (should I even bother? seems everyone is using Minetweaker these days)
-non-vanilla recipes that take into account the current state of progression in Thermal Expansion, IC2, Gregtech, etc.

Things that were fixed by other people that I only just yesterday pulled in (and patched up for interface stripping so they work when their mods aren't installed):
-Forestry support
-IC2 support

Things that I have fixed so far (I think) in my latest adderall-induced state of semi-competence:
-Brought Forge and NEI versions forward since they were conflicting with some stuff
-Powersuit items now flag as unbreakable; if they are still breaking then it's hopefully not my fault
-Powersuit Helmet now has its Optional Interfaces encapsulated in an InterfaceList, so hopefully any mods that depend on reflecting annotations will no longer die on it (Apparently OpenBlocks was having that issue?)
-Powersuit no longer shows a white cloth armor model when invisible
-Blocking and Smart Moving animate correctly
-Numina crashing on loading recipe files in an obfuscated environment

Korynkai's/QMX edits have been a great reference but I really can't pull them in indiscriminately. I wish contributors would make small, incisive pull requests addressing individual issues instead of mega dumps with unhelpful comments that ignore my design philosophy and make a lot of changes that don't affect functionality :( I was just as bad when I was just starting out but now that I know better, everyone else should too!

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 26, 2015

My Girlfriend's Account
Aug 19, 2004
I just want to take a moment and give some praise to Orechids in Blightfall. Never have to go spelunking for ore again, and you get plenty of all the types of metals and shards. I'm not quite sure if we can make the nether version, but Orechids themselves are pretty great. I'm working on getting some mana up and running using that flower that eats cake. Does anyone know if Thaumic Cake works with that cake eating flower/if that would be more efficient?

Once you have mana sorted, rush for an Orechid. It'll really help set up some basic industrialization if you want to go that route, and it'll be a great supply of shards/various metals and such for Thaumcraft, AE2, and Botania silliness.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Clairetic posted:

Hard to say. I expanded to a 3x3x1 interior with ender around the fuel rod early on, and I loaded the thing up with fuel foci ASAP. But it's not much more efficient now than it used to be, and it's turning a fair profit - although I also smelt everything in the induction smelter and use the rich slag on yellorium just to be sure.

Either way, it'll be slow going with just the starter reactor . I strongly recommend digging around for yellorite. It's kinda rare but in ore caches you can find a fair bit, and I think there's probably an item to help you dowse for it? The pick of the core?
From what I see in the thread, that pick can only handle the basic tech metals.

What is that fuel foci?

I was assuming be default I'd have to do some Botania mana->RF conversion anyways, but if I can start automatically pulling yellorium out of a mining laser, I can get real lazy. I hate branch mining, and running around tainted caves like a caffeinated parkour artist is starting to get tedious.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Oh please yes

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

From what I see in the thread, that pick can only handle the basic tech metals.

What is that fuel foci?

I was assuming be default I'd have to do some Botania mana->RF conversion anyways, but if I can start automatically pulling yellorium out of a mining laser, I can get real lazy. I hate branch mining, and running around tainted caves like a caffeinated parkour artist is starting to get tedious.

'Fuel Focus' I think is the item name in NEI. It's the yellow one in any case. Foci is the plural, contrary to what some mod authors believe - you can stuff up to 6 of them into the laser drill to maximize your chances of getting Yellorium. It'll pull up plenty of coal ore as well, so an endoflame flower/fluxfield setup isn't the worst idea. I have one of those as my backup generator so I can still power my AE network when I'm futzing with the reactor layout.

Yessssssssssssss

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 26, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

idgi

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also in blightfall, make a ticon hammer like yesterday, out of the hardest metal you got

combine this with the ticon gloves with loads of redstone on them and you'll basically get all the resources you could ever want by going to the appropriate y-level, picking a direction, and just mindlessly plowing for kilometers

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

You know how HQM is great except for the part where it's closed-source, a pain in the rear end to edit the quests and it has mysterious bugs with saving/loading?

Shukaro is about to change that. Not the fact that HQM is a mess under the hood, but having anyone rely on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Clairetic posted:

Yay!

Well.

It should be entirely usable now.

Things that have been dropped:
-Anything UE-related
-half the IC2 support added by that one wonderful person (those features will still work through RF)
-slick-util/custom font thingy (it wasn't important anyway and with non-english localizations it gets to be more work than it's worth)

Things that don't yet work correctly but I still intend to fix:
-Sounds
-Shaders

Things that need doing for polish reasons:
-'Chisel' tool module (relatively trivial, doesn't require any interfaces, just a different harvest type - at least, that's what I'm told)
-More localization
-Configurable module costs
-IC2 radiation shielding
-Energy cache to reduce tick lag on highly populated servers
-JSON shapeless recipes (should I even bother? seems everyone is using Minetweaker these days)
-non-vanilla recipes that take into account the current state of progression in Thermal Expansion, IC2, Gregtech, etc.

Things that were fixed by other people that I only just yesterday pulled in (and patched up for interface stripping so they work when their mods aren't installed):
-Forestry support
-IC2 support

Things that I have fixed so far (I think) in my latest adderall-induced state of semi-competence:
-Brought Forge and NEI versions forward since they were conflicting with some stuff
-Powersuit items now flag as unbreakable; if they are still breaking then it's hopefully not my fault
-Powersuit Helmet now has its Optional Interfaces encapsulated in an InterfaceList, so hopefully any mods that depend on reflecting annotations will no longer die on it (Apparently OpenBlocks was having that issue?)
-Powersuit no longer shows a white cloth armor model when invisible
-Blocking and Smart Moving animate correctly
-Numina crashing on loading recipe files in an obfuscated environment

Korynkai's/QMX edits have been a great reference but I really can't pull them in indiscriminately. I wish contributors would make small, incisive pull requests addressing individual issues instead of mega dumps with unhelpful comments that ignore my design philosophy and make a lot of changes that don't affect functionality :( I was just as bad when I was just starting out but now that I know better, everyone else should too!

You are awesome, your mod is awesome, I look forward to the awesome future.