Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TheMadMilkman posted:

I did the first floor of the Parisian today. My thumb hurts from pushing on so many stupid floor tiles.

Could be worse. I marathoned the Palace Cinema in a day, because I figured "What the hey, there isn't a ton to the roof, I can wrap it up quick". Oh, how naive I was.

So far I have Detective's Office, French Restaurant, and the Palace Cinema and I think I'd have to agree that the Detective's Office is the best of the bunch; you get a nice little narrative wrapped up in it which is a lot of fun, and it has some nice secret bits, and some really great signs. French Restaurant is just overall beautiful and an easy second, and as people have said while the Cinema looks really nice on the outside, it doesn't really have a whole lot going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

The Lord of Hats posted:

Could be worse. I marathoned the Palace Cinema in a day, because I figured "What the hey, there isn't a ton to the roof, I can wrap it up quick". Oh, how naive I was.

I have never not finished a Lego build in a single sitting. This includes the Super Star Destroyer.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man those city sets are awesome now, I'd love to build a little city block but unfortunately I've not got the space or cash to drop.

That new Slave I would look pretty rad on my desk though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man I have the Monster Fighters Haunted house and series 14 would be perfect for it. My local toy shop just closed though :smith:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

TheMadMilkman posted:

I did the first floor of the Parisian today. My thumb hurts from pushing on so many stupid floor tiles.

I'm pretty sure that if I push down juuuuuust right, I can still feel where my thumbs hurt from all the cheese slopes on Tower Bridge.

I took it apart when I moved a year ago but I think I'm going to try to put it back together sometime soon :smithicide:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ask you missus to help, we did in a total of 7.5 hours, but we split it over several days to avoid finger pain, since we basically type for a living and the pain slows you down.

Also, I just learned the missus will be doing marketing interpretation for Lego with kids focus groups again soon. It rocks because a) she I usually get a little lego gift and b) she gets to see a lot of early design studies. When I showed her the video of this years christmas model she was like "Oh yeah thats [Andy?] I worked with him before."

Yes, I freely admit I am jealous of my GF's job.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 24, 2015

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Hopper posted:

Also, I just learned the missus will be doing marketing interpretation for Lego with kids focus groups again soon. It rocks because a) she I usually get a little lego gift and b) she gets to see a lot of early design studies. When I showed her the video of this years christmas model she was like "Oh yeah thats [Andy?] I worked with him before."

Woahh too cool!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Fall Catalog is out. Nothing too surprising, aside from that the leaks were wrong and WALL-E is $60.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wondered about that. Toys R Us has it listed and I thought it might be a particularly onerous TrU tax. Won't stop me from buying two!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'd much rather pay the $199 (£127) for the Ninjago Temple than the £169 over here. Such a pretty set.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why 2 ? Good investment?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You know, if Disney is keen on licensing their IP to Lego for sets, maybe it's time someone proposed a Tale Spin series.

A bunch of cartoony float planes and airships would make for a good run.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Is chima over?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yes, it's being replaced by that future knights theme that I have forgotten the name of

Hopper posted:

Why 2 ? Good investment?

My wife needs one for her desk at work.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Yes, it's being replaced by that future knights theme that I have forgotten the name of

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

EvilJoven posted:

You know, if Disney is keen on licensing their IP to Lego for sets, maybe it's time someone proposed a Tale Spin series.

Lego black cauldron.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

EvilJoven posted:

I would buy every. single. set.

:toxx:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I kinda like those star wars buildable chars. Especially Vader and Boba.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lucked out at the Lego store the other day. Wasn't much that caught my eye so I was just going to get a couple of minifigures and when I got to the counter they asked if I wanted any specific ones and so I just ended up buying a whole set. Need to get on and do the haunted house now so they have somewhere to live.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
A Belgian website got permission to review two new Star Wars ep VII lego sets and have posted their (English) review of Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle: http://www.geekster.be/lego-kylo-rens-command-shuttle-review-2

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Pennfalath posted:

A Belgian website got permission to review two new Star Wars ep VII lego sets and have posted their (English) review of Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle: http://www.geekster.be/lego-kylo-rens-command-shuttle-review-2

God that shuttle looks so boring. Definitely one that I'll be passing on.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hopper posted:

I kinda like those star wars buildable chars. Especially Vader and Boba.
Grievous is basically perfect.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Pennfalath posted:

They couldn't even get a picture of it with the wings down? Not that I'm all that interested in the set, but that is a lovely review.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Got a WallE at my TRU today. They had two on the shelf with upc and price. The computer popped up with the don't sell before the 1st message so she called over a manager who didn't seem to care and overrode it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How is that shuttle $120? It's doesn't even look big compared to tyderium which is 20 bucks cheaper.

It might just be that the design has no nostalgia value to me but man that thing is boring looking.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

ChesterJT posted:

Got a WallE at my TRU today. They had two on the shelf with upc and price. The computer popped up with the don't sell before the 1st message so she called over a manager who didn't seem to care and overrode it.

Yup, had the same happen to me. Sadly, no series 14 though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VaultAggie posted:

Yup, had the same happen to me. Sadly, no series 14 though.

You put yours together yet? Overall I think it's a cool build but I don't like the way the head is attached to the neck at all. It just spins all around like crazy. You can't do much with angles because of the weight of the head. Tilt it upwards and it just spins to the back. I'm hoping I missed something and it's not designed that way. Very neat otherwise!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Kinda neat...
Lumberjack Series 5

Werewolf Series 14

deoju fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 27, 2015

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

ChesterJT posted:

You put yours together yet? Overall I think it's a cool build but I don't like the way the head is attached to the neck at all. It just spins all around like crazy. You can't do much with angles because of the weight of the head. Tilt it upwards and it just spins to the back. I'm hoping I missed something and it's not designed that way. Very neat otherwise!

I haven't yet, I keep meaning to. Apparently Lego is recalling their stocks of wall-e, and delaying its release for a week or two. Maybe the floppy head is the reason for that?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Just went to my local TRU, they wouldn't budge on the September 1 street date, but the lady did confirm they have them already.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
I leapt on the most obvious use for series 14's Cat Girl hair...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

VaultAggie posted:

I haven't yet, I keep meaning to. Apparently Lego is recalling their stocks of wall-e, and delaying its release for a week or two. Maybe the floppy head is the reason for that?

Where'd you hear that?

Also even after the Ant-Man delay / recall, I still got one without the service pack.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

deoju posted:

Kinda neat...
Lumberjack Series 5

Werewolf Series 14

Now that is just awesome.

MichaelFlatley posted:

I leapt on the most obvious use for series 14's Cat Girl hair...

So is this.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dogen posted:

Where'd you hear that?

Also even after the Ant-Man delay / recall, I still got one without the service pack.

It's being reported on the usual Lego blogs. Not confirmed, but enough independent sources that it's worth listening to.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I just saw on fbtb.net that the Exo-Suit is being OOP'd and they're clearancing it. It's sold out on shop.lego, but still on Amazon and target.com for the discounted price of $28 (from $35). Last chance to get a neat set and classic space torsos in green! I've already got 6 of them, so I think I'm set.

Man, what's up with the photos in that review of that Kylo Ren's Shuttle? They're terrible, beyond the watermark. Dark, grainy as hell, lots of shadows...

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 28, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is the USC X-Wing still available?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Is the USC X-Wing still available?

Currently, although listed a "out of stock but will ship by <x>" on Lego.com. But it looks like it will be discontinued soon - it's gone from the latest catalogue.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Loving the retro feel of the Dimensions arcade!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
See, that sort of thing, I would pay ten dollars for just the dude/cabinet/car, sans Dimensions stuff. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm sure they'll show up at garage sales in giant buckets in a few years.

I mean yeah a lot of the stock will be gobbled up by collectors but it is in fact a kid's toy, so many will be sold to them too.