Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DicktheCat posted:

White and barbecue pizza are respectively ones I actually have an affection for.

piggy backing off this reply, but one of the most common pizzas I eat uses white sauce on thin crust topped with chicken, banana peppers, onions, garlic, and mushroom ordered from Dominos

Basically I just recreate a Chicken Alfredo on a pizza.

I also greatly enjoy the "gently caress it just dump anything on it" Korean-style pizza.

E: barbeque sauce goes well with bacon, mushrooms, peppers, and more bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This looks like pretty decent cheese so the important question is "why ketchup?"

Ketchup / Tomato sauce is a perfectly valid condiment in a sandwich.

Or occasionally, a filling.

That slice is pretty poo poo lazy though.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Chicken covered in BBQ sauce, peas, applesauce, milk, and a DVD of the Hunger Games in the background.

Oh my god I can't stop giggling. Are you cooking for an eight year old?

Many young adults (i.e American/UK millennials) have the food sensitivities of 8 year olds, so probably.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pentyne posted:

Many young adults (i.e American/UK millennials) have the food sensitivities of 8 year olds, so probably.

If the stories I've heard of the US Midwest are to be believed 'This ketchup is too spicy/sweet!' I wouldn't be shocked.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Or no toppings at all, and just enjoying delicious cheese and a fine crust.

Seriously, pizza is the most versatile food in existence next to the sandwich. Saying you hate all of it is like saying you hate Chinese food, because your experience with it is limited and lovely.

You're totally right, pizza is great, but... I hate Chinese food.

Now, I'll temper this and say I don't hate all the ingredients used in Chinese food, but I am a huge baby and can't handle more than like 2 or 3 flavors at once and Chinese food has a lot of flavors. My tastebuds are broken, but I've come to terms with that.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

RareAcumen posted:

Chicken covered in BBQ sauce, peas, applesauce, milk, and a DVD of the Hunger Games in the background.

Haha. I didn't even notice the DVD before. they're just playing the Life in District 12 Interactive Home Game.

RareAcumen posted:

If the stories I've heard of the US Midwest are to be believed 'This ketchup is too spicy/sweet!' I wouldn't be shocked.

I had a job in college one summer where I managed a bunch of stupid teenagers. One of them said she didn't like ketchup (!) because it was spicy (?!). I still don't understand how someone would register tangy as spicy. Ketchup isn't spicy at all. It's not "on the spectrum," if you will.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Has Jones ever done an orange juice and toothpaste soda

It's fake, obviously, but it still instills an inherent sense of wrong in me. And anger.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

At first (and second) glance, I thought that was mold.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"I don't like pizza" is like saying"I don't like food"

Pizza is just a delivery system of whatever toppings you enjoy
I am pizzanonsensual. My preferred toppings are beef/corn/mayonnaise.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Paladinus posted:

I am pizzanonsensual. My preferred toppings are beef/corn/mayonnaise.

You know full well that it's entirely possible to create a pizza using those ingredients

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

pandaK posted:

You know full well that it's entirely possible to create a pizza using those ingredients

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Baldbeard posted:

No pizza rules.
Not: No pizza, rules.

No, pizza rules.

Pizza is kinda like sex. Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty drat good.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The worst toaster strudel.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

titties posted:

It is good. Adding an egg to leftovers is good.

When I'm hung over, my favorite breakfast is a sandwich of leftover pot roast or roast beef on toast with a little bit of horseradish sauce and an over-easy egg so that when you hit the 2nd or 3rd bite the yoke pops and runs all over the meat and toast. For some reason everyone else thinks it's gross but they are wrong.

Also egg-related: I heard that Scotch eggs are AFP to English people because it is a gross bar food like pickled eggs are in the US. If you have them hot, though, they are rad.

Flatten some pork sausage into a thin patty and fold it over a hard-boiled egg, making sure the egg is completely encased. Roll it in seasoned bread crumbs and fry until sausage is fully cooked. Serve with syrup for breakfast or hollandaise sauce for brunch / lunch / dinner. Also make your hollandaise sauce bain marie you loving heathens. If you use a blender I will find out and I will kill you.

E:

I TOLD HER NOT TO USE THE BLENDER FOR IT

oh god what have I done someone help

Heston Blumenthal has a way he does it that, while it seems like a gently caress around, does have the egg finish all that cooking and still be soft boiled which would loving rule.

Also yes. I make chilli beans with diced tomato (tinned, because it's in the juice), fresh rosemary and basil from the garden, borlotti and butter or kidney beans, chipotle Tabasco, bacon (proper bacon not lovely bacon, it needs fat), onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Basically fry up the bacon garlic and onion, add the beans, heat through, add the tomatoes and the tabasco, and herbs, turn down and simmer for 15, then add the eggs and cover until eggs are done.
Top tier hangover cure right there

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Kinda like mostlygray said, that's a Midwest plate. Next time you're in a plane flying over, look down--if you see a town nestled amongst all that corn, that's what we're eating there. Hell, there are two diners within walking distance of me right now where I could sit down and have similar plates served to me (sans Hunger Games DVD).

Hell, given the level of culinary skill around here you're lucky there's seasoning on that chicken :haw:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"I don't like pizza" is like saying"I don't like food"

Pizza is just a delivery system of whatever toppings you enjoy

No poo poo! Pizza is essentially a bread plate of whatever the gently caress you want to eat.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Counterpoint: All the #wifematerial photos are actually single males posting a desperate plea for a wife to save them from their own culinary hell.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Crust First posted:

You're totally right, pizza is great, but... I hate Chinese food.

Now, I'll temper this and say I don't hate all the ingredients used in Chinese food, but I am a huge baby and can't handle more than like 2 or 3 flavors at once and Chinese food has a lot of flavors. My tastebuds are broken, but I've come to terms with that.

I need some clarification. Are you taking about American take-out or buffet Chinese food or Asian fusion stuff or real Chinese food like dim sum, banquets, hot bars at Asian Food Markets, noodle houses, or any Chinese restaurant where almost all the patrons are Chinese, especially Chinese immigrants.

I will fight you if you include the latter but I will concede that it's not for everyone if you didn't grow up eating it. I did and I love the poo poo out of East Asian food. There's actually not a whole lot of cuisines that I don't like. Some of the stuff in this thread, though... :barf:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mmmh the litterbox special sounds good, I'll have that.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

Mmmh the litterbox special sounds good, I'll have that.

When I saw it all I could think was "turds and whey"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You know when you reach for some paprika to put on your egg salad and you instead just pour in a bunch of loving cinnamon? Feels bad Todd.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

GoutPatrol posted:

You know when you reach for some paprika to put on your egg salad and you instead just pour in a bunch of loving cinnamon? Feels bad Todd.

A friend of mine actually did this with cumin the other day. Apparently made some hosed-up mashed potatoes.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A friend of mine actually did this with cumin the other day. Apparently made some hosed-up mashed potatoes.

It's a thing: http://www.cookforyourlife.org/recipes/cumin-mashed-potatoes

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Cumin in potatoes doesn't sound that bad, they'd just taste like curry. Or did he add way too much?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Another of those things where one hyphen makes all the difference.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Planet Piss posted:

Or did he add way too much?

She was reaching for the garlic powder, I guess, and fuckin' loves some garlic. So yeah, it was a bit overboard.

Truth be told, I'd never thought of adding cumin to mashed potatoes. I might try it sometime (but with an appropriate amount).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Could probably pass cumin in mashed potatoes as some kind of fancy aloo.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Planet Piss posted:

That's almost too perfect.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Planet Piss posted:

Dammit, we JUST got a new thread title, save the good ones for when we need a new one. :allears:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

NONE PIZZA LEFT BEEF

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

QuelleFuck posted:

NONE PIZZA LEFT BEEF

We know and have determined that there are no pizza rules.

When Looks bad Todd gets old, though, I recommend NONE PIZZA LEFT BEEF

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

#ICanFreakingCook #IPrettyMuchMadeUpTheEntireRecipe #HusbandMeUp #WifeMaterial

:smith: I hate the #wifematerial tag. Not just because of the food, but because it's depressing on its own.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Overly sweet ketchup is a valid complaint.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The gently caress did they do to that poor penne :smith:

a couple of them even look like they're screaming in agony

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

How did you sneak into my house and take pictures of my last meal?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

#ICanFreakingCook #IPrettyMuchMadeUpTheEntireRecipe #HusbandMeUp #WifeMaterial

:smith: I hate the #wifematerial tag. Not just because of the food, but because it's depressing on its own.

These people need to stick to stuff that's basically done already with little extra help needed like boxed Mac & Cheese or Jambalaya because this is just a travesty.

I don't know how to cook, at best, I might make chicken on the stove with a whole three spices. But that's just appalling.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

This looks like biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs maybe. That could be good. If it's not that then I don't know what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

I love cheesesteaks but god they're hard to look at sometimes :smith:

• Locked thread