Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

You know, I've come around in thinking the Sue and the kids from the broken piece of the liferaft are the ones that are in Dooms court. Because Ben and Johnny were also in it as well, but not Reed, and Doom says that he never found any trace of Reed.
I think they are more 'our' F4 the same way Ultimate Thor is himself. Something like even though the universe is gone the bits of it that were left contain imprints which can be used to extrapolate a general state of things.

CzarChasm posted:

If so, on to my questions
Is it revealed in any of the lead ups why Doom created things this way if he is all powerful? Why keep the Zombies and Ultron and Annihilus if he knew they were not going to play ball? Why not simply create a Utopia with Doom unchallenged at the top? Why risk it? (My guess is that in a rare display of humanity, he actually deep down wanted to save as many lives as possible, including those who might oppose him.)

In Hickman's FF run Doom gets access to an empty universe and its Infinity Gauntlet. Things go not great for him with the universe he creates and makes himself god of. I'm sure the left and right hand of science and thors have strong corollaries presented in that issue and we are gonna see a bit of callback o that issue throughout SW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Was able to catch up on Ultimate End (our library bought 1-4) and it's confusing but not as terrible as I was led to believe. I do feel it's trying to make a statement but falling flat due to all the crap they are throwing at us at once but it's not terrible and maybe the final issue will make it ok overall. Just gotta wait and see...

Oh and if anyone wants to try out this code that was in one of the issues for a free digital copy of house of M go ahead. Not sure if it was redeemed yet but :shrug:

Thmab61sgf4u

Edit oh if you do find the codes been used or not please post

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 24, 2015

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Your library has single comic issues?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Spiffster posted:

Oh and if anyone wants to try out this code that was in one of the issues for a free digital copy of house of M go ahead. Not sure if it was redeemed yet but :shrug:

Thmab61sgf4u

Edit oh if you do find the codes been used or not please post

Code has already been redeemed :(

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Unmature posted:

Some librarians are cool bruh.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Unmature posted:

Yeah, they rotate them out every year though so it's not a huge back log. Was actually a bit surprised they were following secret wars but I didn't let the opportunity slip by to read it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well more schedule slips.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nothing makes an event better and more enjoyable like delays. Everyone loved that Civil War took 2 years, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More delays mean more secret wars books. :getin:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What the gently caress ultimate end?

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

Nevvy Z posted:

In Hickman's FF run Doom gets access to an empty universe and its Infinity Gauntlet. Things go not great for him with the universe he creates and makes himself god of. I'm sure the left and right hand of science and thors have strong corollaries presented in that issue and we are gonna see a bit of callback o that issue throughout SW.

I don't know if it's been covered yet, but does anyone else get the feeling that the one with omnipotent power is Dr. Strange, not Doom. And that Strange is pulling the strings behind the scenes, and merely letting Doom believe he's in charge?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

Nothing makes an event better and more enjoyable like delays. Everyone loved that Civil War took 2 years, right?

More enjoyable than rushed artwork or fill in artists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Die Laughing posted:

More enjoyable than rushed artwork or fill in artists.

If only there was some third solution.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the fact a major event is being delayed is nothing short of a disaster for any publishing company, no matter the quality.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Psychlone posted:

I don't know if it's been covered yet, but does anyone else get the feeling that the one with omnipotent power is Dr. Strange, not Doom. And that Strange is pulling the strings behind the scenes, and merely letting Doom believe he's in charge?

No. Molecule Man is actually the one holding all of the power, and he's acting as a conduit for it and feeding it to Doom. Hickman explained this. Battleworld is existing because of Doom's will and Molecule Man's channeling of the Beyonder's powers into him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is the reason for the delays known?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Comic book artists have a hard enough time making deadlines when it's just pencils. Ribic is penciling and inking and probably falling behind.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Plus the fact that according to Hickman the last three issues are bigger than normal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not entirely sure "bigger" means "longer" or is metaphorical. It's probably both.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Was ANAD always supposed to launch on the same day as SW #8?

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm not entirely sure "bigger" means "longer" or is metaphorical. It's probably both.

I checked the solicitations and they have issue 6 at 40 pages and the last two at 56 pages so definitely longer. I wonder how much lead time Ribic had because he's essentially drawing a 12 issue series in 8 issues.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

In Secret Wars 5 Doom tosses the Molecule Man box at the Beyonders and seems to be successful in killing them and trapping their power in a giant magnetic tape backup case (or whatever Ribic used as a reference); why then did Doom say NOOOOOOOOOOO back in Avengers 32 or whatever?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Zachack posted:

In Secret Wars 5 Doom tosses the Molecule Man box at the Beyonders and seems to be successful in killing them and trapping their power in a giant magnetic tape backup case (or whatever Ribic used as a reference); why then did Doom say NOOOOOOOOOOO back in Avengers 32 or whatever?

I have to imagine that particular reaction was from the result of reality shattering all around him. Even though the trio was successful at killing the Beyonders and siphoning their energy, the result of this action obliterated all of existence to the point that Doom, at best, was able to build a patchwork existence that is fragile and requires constant monitoring/maintenance.

The defining point, the destruction of the Beyonders and reality itself must have been a real mind-gently caress for Doom, Strange and Molecule Man.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

Doom got some dead Beyonder on his cloak and of course it's dry clean only and who knows when the Latverian cleaners are going to be back up and running after multiversal collapse...

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

redbackground posted:

Doom got some dead Beyonder on his cloak and of course it's dry clean only and who knows when the Latverian cleaners are going to be back up and running after multiversal collapse...

This post will never get enough love.

So the last 2 SW books have pretty much spelled out that Doom is hosed, but it raises the question...what can they go back to? I'm a bit worried that they will just bridge SW into a new Infinity Guantlet arc, resolving nothing and just leaving us wanting more sweet alternate reality books.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feed Molecule Man to Franklin, problem solved.

Doom will probably see the error of his ways and reboot the universe and with his last defiant act say the words.

"No more Richards"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

The page after that you didn't see said "[NOOOO]... I FORGOT TO BRING A CAMERA! NOW HOW WILL I PROVE TO RICHARDS THAT I BEAT THE BEYONDERS? Stephen you'll back me up on this right?... ah they're all dead anyway."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Black Is Black posted:

This post will never get enough love.

So the last 2 SW books have pretty much spelled out that Doom is hosed, but it raises the question...what can they go back to? I'm a bit worried that they will just bridge SW into a new Infinity Guantlet arc, resolving nothing and just leaving us wanting more sweet alternate reality books.

They are basically going back the old sq with some tweaks,what did you expect.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

TwoPair posted:

The page after that you didn't see said "--thing but net! BOOM SHAKALAKA!"

FTFY.

(not mine - I think I heard it here, actually)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marvel announced they're adding a ninth issue to SW, but not delaying the start of All-New, All-Different launches.

I'm curious if it's actually a new issue or if they're just splitting a double-sized issue 8 into two to give Ribic more time.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Marvel announced they're adding a ninth issue to SW, but not delaying the start of All-New, All-Different launches.

I'm curious if it's actually a new issue or if they're just splitting a double-sized issue 8 into two to give Ribic more time.

That's really weird. Secret Wars #8 was already pushed back to the same week as ANAD.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess with an eight month jump the ANAD stuff doesn't have to address the resolution to Battleworld, but it will be kind of weird to find out exactly how the new universe formed a month or two after the fact.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

So, Hank Johnson: Agent of Hydra is incredible. I really hope this is more than a single issue!

Edit: Guess it was just a 1 off. Sad. I want more!

Edit2:

Elucidarius fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 26, 2015

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
What's the deal with this weird-rear end gravestone panel from Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #3? I kinda get some of it, but it seems...strange? In poor taste? (I spoilered it just in case!)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Majuju posted:

What's the deal with this weird-rear end gravestone panel from Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #3? I kinda get some of it, but it seems...strange? In poor taste? (I spoilered it just in case!)

The last couple of names are people who wrote Carol. What do you find it in poor taste?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

bobkatt013 posted:

The last couple of names are people who wrote Carol. What do you find it in poor taste?

It just feels like a weird list to include them in, and a weird way to have included them in that list. I'm not sure what the desired effect was supposed to be, so I'm basically left confused by it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Noticed that Marvel: Future Fight (f2p cell phone beat-em-up) updated with some secret world stuff. Added Sister Grimm (Nico) / She Hulk and interestingly Singularity to the game, plus a bunch of SW special costumes. The only real reason that I'm noting this is that one of Singularity's skills is called Black Vortex which maybe lends credence to the idea that she's the cosmic part of Kitty split off into a separate entity? I dunno, just thought it was worth saying.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Majuju posted:

It just feels like a weird list to include them in, and a weird way to have included them in that list. I'm not sure what the desired effect was supposed to be, so I'm basically left confused by it.

You see that all the time in TV, Movies, and comics. Its a way of including them and also not having to make up names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

You see that all the time in TV, Movies, and comics. Its a way of including them and also not having to make up names.

Yea, the Simpsons do this constantly.

NmareBfly posted:

Noticed that Marvel: Future Fight (f2p cell phone beat-em-up) updated with some secret world stuff. Added Sister Grimm (Nico) / She Hulk and interestingly Singularity to the game, plus a bunch of SW special costumes. The only real reason that I'm noting this is that one of Singularity's skills is called Black Vortex which maybe lends credence to the idea that she's the cosmic part of Kitty split off into a separate entity? I dunno, just thought it was worth saying.

The decking building game Legendary has a similar thing. It has some artwork that may be original for the game, or some stuff that may be from future SW comics.

• Locked thread