Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Last year I got D. Thomas a week before he blew up by giving up Roddy White and Matt Asiata the week after he scored like 4 touchdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sent Sanders (4) and Bradshaw for L Bell (8) a week before Bradshaw imploded

e: also a trade in GoonTier that I won't post to spare the other guy embarrassment and shame

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 26, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sent Keenan Allen and Ahmad Bradshaw for AJ Green

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I sent Julio Jones & Josh Gordon for Antonio Brown a week before Julio got injured and Gordon put up terrible numbers :D

It's cool, I started Johnny Manziel over Tannehill (vs. Revis & the Patriots) and lost in the playoffs with my team that had Antonio, Jordy, CJ Anderson, Shady, Julius, Philly D, Cody Parkey, and Emmanuel Sanders. I scored 73 points, my lowest of the season. Had I made it to the finals, I scored 180 points that final week. It's cool, the champ won $600.

The champion scored 115.

I'm bitter. I'm bitter as gently caress :colbert: Draft is this Thursday

89 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 26, 2015

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

So I really need to find a home run at WR after losing Jordy as my main keeper.

I currently have Cruz, Kendall Wright, and Torrey smith on my bench.

Latimer, quick, Perriman, and Devante Parker are all available. Would y'all make any moves?

It's a PPR league and I'm boned unless I find 2015 ODBJ.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

headcase posted:

Latimer, quick, Perriman, and Devante Parker are all available. Would y'all make any moves?

Quick is the only one out of those four guaranteed a starting job in Week 1. It's a no-brainer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also Orlando Scanrdick, AKA the Cowboys' only decent CB, tore his ACL. Streaming players against that D all day erry day.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

old dog child posted:

Sent Sanders (4) and Bradshaw for L Bell (8) a week before Bradshaw imploded

e: also a trade in GoonTier that I won't post to spare the other guy embarrassment and shame

You're the fantasy equivalent of a home-wrecker. I bet you have a profile up on SamMadison.com.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Benne posted:

Quick is the only one out of those four guaranteed a starting job in Week 1. It's a no-brainer.

drat, I don't think my question was clear. I already replaced Jordy with one of those choads I listed.

I'm not looking for the week 1 the safe bet, I want the Cooks/Benjamin/Evans/Watkins/Beckham of this class. Is there anyone worth swapping out for the one of the three WR3 ceiling players on my team.

Maybe one of those free agents has a chance of being a fantasy WR1. You think quick is that guy?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

headcase posted:

drat, I don't think my question was clear. I already replaced Jordy with one of those choads I listed.

I'm not looking for the week 1 the safe bet, I want the Cooks/Benjamin/Evans/Watkins/Beckham of this class. Is there anyone worth swapping out for the one of the three WR3 ceiling players on my team.

Maybe one of those free agents has a chance of being a fantasy WR1. You think quick is that guy?

I'd go for Perriman probably. Could be Flacco's top WR sometime during the season, though that was much more likely before he missed the past month-ish of training. He's still the only one of the guys you listed that I think has any chance of being a top 15 WR, even if it is a really small chance.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd go for Perriman probably. Could be Flacco's top WR sometime during the season, though that was much more likely before he missed the past month-ish of training. He's still the only one of the guys you listed that I think has any chance of being a top 15 WR, even if it is a really small chance.

Thanks, that makes sense to me. I'm surprised he and Parker didn't get drafted after last year's bad team + rookie WR explosion.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

headcase posted:

I'd drop Cruz for Perriman. Cruz's injury is concerning and Perriman is going as early as the 9th round, so its crazy that he's still on the wire.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
One of the Beer Sheets I am using, 6 PTD 1 PPR, has A Brown as #1 Bell #2 then a .8 drop off to DT. Hope I pick 1st or 2nd.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

CompeAnansi posted:

I'd drop Cruz for Perriman. Cruz's injury is concerning and Perriman is going as early as the 9th round, so its crazy that he's still on the wire.

Perriman has some injury concerns himself, but not to the extent of Cruz's. Perriman will probably be a stud the second half of the season.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Question for the smarter people in here. Draft for my 12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league is coming up soon, and I'm trying to figure out who to grab with my first real pick. We start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T. By the time my first real pick comes up in the 4th round, I'll have a starting roster of: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr., and Jeremy Hill. I'm expecting to have a choice of: Ameer Abdullah, CJ Spiller, Joique Bell, Gio bernard, Chris Ivory, Todd Gurley, or Isaiah Crowell available for my pick there. Who do we feel better about in a 0.5 PPR format to pair with Jeremy Hill as an RB2 in a potential keeper situation? My gut says Gurley as he could pay off nicely long term if he turns out to be the real deal and I feel like I can take the risk given my WR situation, though I am tempted to play it safe and grab someone like Ivory or Gio and then look for potential keeper studs later in the draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gearman posted:

Question for the smarter people in here. Draft for my 12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league is coming up soon, and I'm trying to figure out who to grab with my first real pick. We start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T. By the time my first real pick comes up in the 4th round, I'll have a starting roster of: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr., and Jeremy Hill. I'm expecting to have a choice of: Ameer Abdullah, CJ Spiller, Joique Bell, Gio bernard, Chris Ivory, Todd Gurley, or Isaiah Crowell available for my pick there. Who do we feel better about in a 0.5 PPR format to pair with Jeremy Hill as an RB2 in a potential keeper situation? My gut says Gurley as he could pay off nicely long term if he turns out to be the real deal and I feel like I can take the risk given my WR situation, though I am tempted to play it safe and grab someone like Ivory or Gio and then look for potential keeper studs later in the draft.

Of those players I think Ameer Abdullah is the best choice. He's already showing signs of being awesome, history has shown that even if Bell is viable Detroit can sustain two backs, and frankly his situation seems better than Gurley's.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So I've gone a bit handcuff crazy:

I have:
- CJ Anderson
- Ronnie Hillman
- Montee Ball

and...
- Joseph Randle
- Darren McFadden

and...
-Davante Adams
- Ty Montgomery

It's a 16 team league, but I'm thinking it may be a bit excessive. Montee Ball mostly seems overboard, my plan is to sit on him for a bit- he'll be my first cut for the waiver wire when the season starts, but I'm also a bit curious to see if he ends up on another team.

Any advice ?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I am drafting tonight. I have pick 1 in a PPR league. I've never really been more torn between 3 players than I am between Bell, Brown, and Peterson. Help.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Better 3 season keeper option: Gurley or Gordon?
My draft is Sunday so I'll get to see a little Gordon vs Seattle.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Any advice ?

Ball would be the first to drop IMO BUT that also depends on who you'd be dropping him for.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Of those players I think Ameer Abdullah is the best choice. He's already showing signs of being awesome, history has shown that even if Bell is viable Detroit can sustain two backs, and frankly his situation seems better than Gurley's.

Thanks, I've actually got Abdullah highlighted on my beersheet as a guy to target. Given that Gurley hasn't even played in a pre-season game, Abdullah is probably the safer long-term pick. Not sure why I overlooked him in my post.

ShaneB posted:

I am drafting tonight. I have pick 1 in a PPR league. I've never really been more torn between 3 players than I am between Bell, Brown, and Peterson. Help.

I'd go with Bell or Peterson, and probably end up taking Bell if I had to make that decision.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

89 posted:

I sent Julio Jones & Josh Gordon for Antonio Brown a week before Julio got injured and Gordon put up terrible numbers :D

It's cool, I started Johnny Manziel over Tannehill (vs. Revis & the Patriots) and lost in the playoffs with my team that had Antonio, Jordy, CJ Anderson, Shady, Julius, Philly D, Cody Parkey, and Emmanuel Sanders. I scored 73 points, my lowest of the season. Had I made it to the finals, I scored 180 points that final week. It's cool, the champ won $600.

The champion scored 115.

I'm bitter. I'm bitter as gently caress :colbert: Draft is this Thursday

Last season I had a starting lineup of

QB: Manning
WR: Brown
WR: Thomas
WR: Marshall
RB: Bell
RB: FJax/Mathews/Murray
TE: Kelce
FLEX: Landry
K: Tucker
DEF: Detroit

Was the highest scoring team every week from week 9 on, except for week 13, where I was the 2nd highest scoring team losing to the highest scoring team. It cost me a bye and then I had my 3rd lowest score of the season and lowest score since ~Week 7 in the first round and lost. I ended up scoring 150 and 165 points respectively during the semi-finals and finals, where the highest scores in the league were 125 and 122, respectively.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Who wins in a 12 team standard

Team 1 receives: Blount

Team 2: Landry

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Last season I had a starting lineup of

QB: Manning
WR: Brown
WR: Thomas
WR: Marshall
RB: Bell
RB: FJax/Mathews/Murray
TE: Kelce
FLEX: Landry
K: Tucker
DEF: Detroit

Was the highest scoring team every week from week 9 on, except for week 13, where I was the 2nd highest scoring team losing to the highest scoring team. It cost me a bye and then I had my 3rd lowest score of the season and lowest score since ~Week 7 in the first round and lost. I ended up scoring 150 and 165 points respectively during the semi-finals and finals, where the highest scores in the league were 125 and 122, respectively.

While we are all sharing our bad beats, last year I had a team consisting of Tom Brady, Jamaal Charles, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, and Rob Gronkowski, and I ended up losing to the guy that won 7 games in a row to win the championship. I ended up first in PF and PA, gently caress.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

My 2QB 0.5ppr team that made it to the championship and then poo poo the bed in the final hour:

QB: Cam Newton
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Dan Herron
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: AJ Green
WR: Kelvin Benjamin
Flex: Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce
K/DST: Who cares

My bench was also pretty stacked with: Delanie Walker, Mike Wallace, Martavis Bryant, Brandon LaFell, Joseph Randle, and Latavius Murray.

Probably the best team I'll ever put together, and it threw up a measly 89 points in the championship, with a season average of ~130.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I have:
- CJ Anderson
- Ronnie Hillman
- Montee Ball

and...
- Joseph Randle
- Darren McFadden

and...
-Davante Adams
- Ty Montgomery

It's a 16 team league, but I'm thinking it may be a bit excessive. Montee Ball mostly seems overboard, my plan is to sitI on him for a bit- he'll be my first cut for the waiver wire when the season starts, but I'm also a bit curious to see if he ends up on another team.

Any advice ?

handcuffs rarely produce at the level of the starters with some exceptions. I would cut Ball and McFadden and keep Hillman.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've challenged the commissioner on it and he won't even give me a real explanation. He has cited "experiences from last season" which is likely just the fact that he lost. I'm 99% sure that he's doing this because he knows the majority of the league will be slaves to Yahoo's pre-draft rankings and his scoring changes won't be reflected in their rankings, so he can find some draft steals with the spreadsheet he has put together and is bragging about. It's loving bullshit, and I've said as much, but he doesn't seem to care and neither does the rest of the league.

Part of me wants to bail, but I really want to be in a work league and I destroyed them all last year, so I know I've got a really good shot to win. Another part of me wants to just distribute beersheets to the entire league to negate any advantage he might gain (even though I will sort of have an advantage too, just be virtue of actually knowing what I'm doing).

Anderson caught significantly more balls than Hill last year. Is Hill's receiving game expected to increase at all this year, or is Gio still going to be the focus there?

If it is a money league, stay and exploit the rules to get paid. If it is a friends league, leave and get better friends. I hate my money work league, but everyone is so bad, I can't help but keep playing in it.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I have:
- CJ Anderson
- Ronnie Hillman
- Montee Ball

and...
- Joseph Randle
- Darren McFadden

and...
-Davante Adams
- Ty Montgomery

It's a 16 team league, but I'm thinking it may be a bit excessive. Montee Ball mostly seems overboard, my plan is to sit on him for a bit- he'll be my first cut for the waiver wire when the season starts, but I'm also a bit curious to see if he ends up on another team.

Any advice ?

WR handcuffs are dumb and so are handcuff handcuffs. Get rid of Ty and Ball first. Hillman and McFadden still might have stand alone value and are pretty much priority handcuffs if they don't

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Sataere posted:

If it is a money league, stay and exploit the rules to get paid. If it is a friends league, leave and get better friends. I hate my money work league, but everyone is so bad, I can't help but keep playing in it.

It's a money league, but not huge money.

The latest is that I've managed to get a couple other people to see this for the bullshit that it is, and they are likely going to say something to the commissioner too. He's just been ignoring me, but hopefully he can't just ignore a third of the league. If he does I'm dropping out.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

A question like this hinges on context. If 1 is RB needy and WR rich, then 1 wins, and vice versa. It could be a trade where both sides win. I think Blount will do better than most people believe, but if you have poo poo for WRs then a guy like Landy could make for a surprising WR2. Both are quality 2's to their respective positions.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

A question like this hinges on context. If 1 is RB needy and WR rich, then 1 wins, and vice versa. It could be a trade where both sides win. I think Blount will do better than most people believe, but if you have poo poo for WRs then a guy like Landy could make for a surprising WR2. Both are quality 2's to their respective positions.

Are you saying there's no vacuums in Fantasy Football??? :colbert:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Are you saying there's no vacuums in Fantasy Football??? :colbert:

In fantasy, nobody can hear you scream.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's a money league, but not huge money.

The latest is that I've managed to get a couple other people to see this for the bullshit that it is, and they are likely going to say something to the commissioner too. He's just been ignoring me, but hopefully he can't just ignore a third of the league. If he does I'm dropping out.

After you drop out give everyone else beersheets for the format. They are pretty much guaranteed to be better than whatever rankings the commish has made. You can watch the whole season as his team gets blown out every week.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

the_american_dream posted:

Blount by a fair margin

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

jabro posted:

After you drop out give everyone else beersheets for the format. They are pretty much guaranteed to be better than whatever rankings the commish has made. You can watch the whole season as his team gets blown out every week.

Seconding this.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ShaneB posted:

ABrown is the guy that you hope falls to you if you pick 2nd-6th in 1ppr. You can't go wrong with either of those guys, but being that it is 1ppr I would remove AP from the picture.

So now you've got Brown and Bell. As a Bell owner there is no other player I enjoy watching more than that dude. He just melts through D-lines and reappears on the other side like a magical loving rabbit. Not saying ABrown isn't electrifying, but I just enjoy that aspect of the game more.

If you go Brown, since it is 1ppr you could/shoud make your next two picks WR WR, so that you could roster WR WR flex(WR). In 1ppr you could field an insane team that may look something like:

WR1: Brown
WR2: Cobb/TY/Jeffery/Cooks
WR3: Landry/Sanders/Matthews/AJ80

but your RBs hopefuls and lotto tickets would have to be spot on.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

jabro posted:

Excellent idea, thanks. I will definitely do this.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Excellent idea, thanks. I will definitely do this.

This warms my heart.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well if you are not good at Fantasy Football make a league where only you can understand the scoring system! That is why I made everything standardish in mine and talked to my Co Coms before finalizing the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
My work league commish, who has been at the bottom for two years straight, wanted to push through a change to make the league QB QB, with the implied reasoning that he would win the draft by grabbing two great QBs early while everyone else focused on RB/WR. Being the fantasy provocateur and maven that I am, I informed the team managers of his ulterior motives and he was promptly voted down.

• Locked thread