Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

has nintendo even developed bad games on Wii U other than Game & Wario or Wii Party U, star fox zero should be solid

Right now no-one in this generation has their track record

forgive me if this post is too Jivjov in nature

How was Wii Fit U? Did...did anyone here play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

has nintendo even developed bad games on Wii U other than Game & Wario

hmmmmmm

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

greatn posted:

No Star Fox game has ever had good multiplayer, why start now? They said they want to focus on a really polished single player campaign.
Spoken like someone who never played Assault's multiplayer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I like it a lot

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

has nintendo even developed bad games on Wii U other than Game & Wario or Wii Party U, star fox zero should be solid

You can post like me all you want.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I did. It's quite good, and I really need to get back to it :(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I think Game and Wario is pretty rad, but then again I got it for free from club Nintendo. I also got Wii Party U for free from buying Mario Kart 8 but I can't say if it's good or bad since I literally have never played it.

Wii Fit U was good but since I got a fitbit charge HR and my parents got me the fitbit scale I haven't touched it. Lost eighty pounds, but only the first twenty or so I was using the WiiU.

greatn fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 26, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I use the Fit Meter every day, it helped me lose 20 pounds and keep the weight off.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I use it (not as much as I should). I like it. I like the fit meter.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I've used it most nights for the past six months, it's real good.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This thread has taught me why nintendo doesn't try to revive smaller IP's. They get poo poo on instantly jesus christ.

They didn't so much as revive it as they did attach electrodes to the bolts on it's neck and are piloting it around with 2x4's strapped under it's arms.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what the gently caress are you talking about

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Son of Isaac posted:

The best Star Fox game is Kid Icarus: Uprising.

KI:U felt like the natural progression of a starfox-themed game. I'm surprised they haven't roped in Sora/Sakurai to make a bigger and better one that actually has native twinstick. A huge HD Icarus game would loving own but it doesn't look like it will happen on WiiU since Sakurai is chained up to whatever is left for Smash Bros to poo poo out DLCwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MinibarMatchman posted:

KI:U felt like the natural progression of a starfox-themed game. I'm surprised they haven't roped in Sora/Sakurai to make a bigger and better one that actually has native twinstick. A huge HD Icarus game would loving own but it doesn't look like it will happen on WiiU since Sakurai is chained up to whatever is left for Smash Bros to poo poo out DLCwise.

After he finishes putting Shovel Knight and Wonder Red in he can make Kid Icarus: Netherworld Xtreme Triumph

It requires the gamepad and breaks sticks if you try to use them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Why do people keep asking for this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

Because the controls are awkward as gently caress and it's virtually unplayable if you're left handed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looper posted:

because I'd love to play it without the use of the special needs stand for the 3ds. luckily I have it but let's get real: it is not inherently comfortable whatsoever to use this handheld for that game. I had no trouble with the controls but man would it have been easier for virtually everyone if you had the Gamepad to at least give you options. Considering the controls were a sore point for many other people and hurt opinion of it, shouldn't be a huge surprise it would be requested

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The touch screen thing is awkward at first but it gives you speed/precision that you wouldn't get at all with a right stick

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nolgthorn posted:

They didn't so much as revive it as they did attach electrodes to the bolts on it's neck and are piloting it around with 2x4's strapped under it's arms.

I remember at E3 people were going "wow journalist aren't saying good things about how it plays." Then the Treehouse streamed them playing it and the thread 180'd to "Wow this game looks faster/a lot better when someone knows what they're doing!" (similar to every other platinum game.)

Then everyone forgot about that and it's back to "The journalist were right all along." despite the same guys showing themselves dying to goombas in 1-1. I legitimately find it funny that most people will call out journalist for being bad ("why do they always get people who have never touched video games to try these things out?") yet take their word for gospel with this game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The touch controls give you damage over time but twin sticks for shooting are cancer to video games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The touch controls give you damage over time but twin sticks for shooting are cancer to video games.

Panzer Dragoon Orta. Or just use one stick like every other railshooter in existence.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gyroaiming with the gamepad would be the right answer, actually.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I remember at E3 people were going "wow journalist aren't saying good things about how it plays." Then the Treehouse streamed them playing it and the thread 180'd to "Wow this game looks faster/a lot better when someone knows what they're doing!" (similar to every other platinum game.)

Then everyone forgot about that and it's back to "The journalist were right all along." despite the same guys showing themselves dying to goombas in 1-1. I legitimately find it funny that most people will call out journalist for being bad ("why do they always get people who have never touched video games to try these things out?") yet take their word for gospel with this game.

Nah I remember watching the treehouse stream and it looking just as underwhelming as what they showed during the digital event, if not more so. It still looked very slow and sparse, the employees ability to aim well just made it look even easier.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sakurazuka posted:

Because the controls are awkward as gently caress and it's virtually unplayable if you're left handed.

seems to me those forsaken by god shouldn't be trying to play as an angel anyway

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Twinstick + gyro controls is the future of online shooters.

Also kid icarus's multiplayer was real cool and that on the wii u built on the splatoon infrastructure would be my game of the forever

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I preordered The Devil's Turd from SimplyGames 'cause they had the cheapest price in Europe, but then they came up with some bullshit about not being able to confirm my address and that I needed to provide my passport, driver's license and some other poo poo. I canceled the order immediately because, goddamn, don't think in seven years of buying stuff online throughout the whole continent I have ever been treated like a criminal. I mean, it's Devil's Third and it was a bad idea to want to buy that game, but I didn't have to be treated like that for wanting to buy a bloody videogame. gently caress them.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
at least you don't live in australia.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It sounds like SimplyGames did the right thing.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I'm concerned for the people freaking out about Star Fox, a game we have seen barely anything of, and Pokemon Snap, a game that's like 3 hours long, respectively.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love Pokemon Snap

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the Nintendo theme park thing they're doing they should do a real life Pokemon Snap and a guy dressed as Professor Oak spits on your photos at the end

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Lol at people thinking Platinum are capable of making anything other than dull-as-dish-water-hack-and-slash.

Starfox Wii U will suck poo poo because Platinum are boring and awful.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I love Pokemon Snap

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Lol at people thinking Platinum are capable of making anything other than dull-as-dish-water-hack-and-slash.

:effort:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

spudsbuckley posted:

:yikes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

:troll:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I don't love all things Platinum. But I think it's being dishonest to call Bayonetta dull as dishwater. That game oozes personality and creative art direction even if you don't like the conceit. It also plays as smooth as butter but to each their own about what makes a boring and awful game - my own blasphemy is considering every Kirby game boring and awful but people love them.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

List the Platinum games that weren't boring, poo poo hack and slash games that no normal human being would give a poo poo about.

Goons love to feel like they are "in" on some secret with them but they really aren't. It's just dogshit hack and slash nonsense that any dev could do.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

spudsbuckley posted:

List the Platinum games that weren't boring, poo poo hack and slash games that no normal human being would give a poo poo about.

:effort::troll:

C'mon, you can do better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

Goons love to feel like they are "in" on some secret with them but they really aren't. It's just dogshit hack and slash nonsense that any dev could do.

noirastronaut already beat you to this gimmick, sorry

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

spudsbuckley posted:

Revengance, Wonderful 101, both Bayonetta games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jivjov posted:

Revengance, Wonderful 101, both Bayonetta games.

• Locked thread