Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

idk the lp forum is kinda off on their own like we are here in gip so idk anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uhhh the guy who got the game from Konami(Greg Miller) and the guy who LPs it here(ChipCheezum) are different people dude.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

RatHat posted:

Uhhh the guy who got the game from Konami(Greg Miller) and the guy who LPs it here(ChipCheezum) are different people dude.

i know, im talking about greg miller. i heard he posts in the lp forum. idk if its true or not. that is the extent of my knowledge.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Posting in Let's Play should give you forum cancer

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Posting in Let's Play should give you forum cancer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Making twitch streams should give you actual cancer

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Posting should give you cancer

:justpost:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Less than a week, gentlemen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chrysalis down. I think Pupa will be the boss I grind for most of the initial parts, since that's been the easiest boss battle so far. Just having trouble getting head parts since I've gotten into the habit of shooting the AI core.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how you liking it? I really thought the mission system was rad and I had a blast going through it all

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's good. I've gone totally non-lethal except for the vehicle missions, but those can be done with a bit more practice. I guess my only real complaint is that I can't get more fultons through supply drops. A couple times now I missed fultoning POWs since I had already picked up whatever guys I knocked out. Now I've taken to using the analyzer more so I won't end up with E or D class soldiers and being more judicious overall with fulton supplies.

Also pretty bummed I can't use my tank box in singleplayer. I just shoot tranq darts out it and pretend I can gun the stun tank instead.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

You need Research team level 12 to allow the creation of rank 2 fulton, level 24 to allow creation of rank 3 and level 49 to rank 4. Probably there is also rank 5 but I haven't unlocked it yet.

Also you can get plans for a Fulton sleepgas mine and Rocket Launcher, which you can carry along with the fulton system

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Got rank 3 already. I am building an army, after all.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's totally OK to pick up lots of less-than-stellar dudes until you fill up your base to capacity. Never come back with unused Fultons. Once you run out of space, then start limiting yourself to, say, guys with at least rank C. Once you have all C and up, then switch to picking up only B or better. Rinse and repeat.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn this game is so good. I'm fultoning dudes left and right and getting zero alerts. T72 was still a pain in the dick at first,

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Naked Bear posted:

It's totally OK to pick up lots of less-than-stellar dudes until you fill up your base to capacity. Never come back with unused Fultons. Once you run out of space, then start limiting yourself to, say, guys with at least rank C. Once you have all C and up, then switch to picking up only B or better. Rinse and repeat.

this is 100% the correct way to do this. Fulton EVERYONE until there's no more room.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The sneaking segments are so great. Favorite bit so far was the jungle leading up to the AI core. I held up or CQCed every sniper. :allears:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this is 100% the correct way to do this. Fulton EVERYONE until there's no more room.

If you're not fultoning you're max you're doing it wrong.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Done with Cocoon. That was a bitch until I figured out the pattern. B-ranked it on the first try after running out of ammo trying to get the hatch open. My dumb rear end had to climb all the way back down for a supply drop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xagZxGiog

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just wrapped up the GZ main mission. Those cinematics were cool as gently caress

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiTTK4FFdHQ

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Confession: I haven't played any of the other MGS games and wasn't aware of this one until y'all made a thread. Still worth getting? (Gonna have to be PC since I don't have a PS4). Which prequels should I play through? Also, do I really need to be available or have friends available to keep strangers from ransacking my poo poo?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

PSN: ItsBritneyB-word
This is just the best.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

Confession: I haven't played any of the other MGS games and wasn't aware of this one until y'all made a thread. Still worth getting? (Gonna have to be PC since I don't have a PS4). Which prequels should I play through? Also, do I really need to be available or have friends available to keep strangers from ransacking my poo poo?

This is just the best.

ok wow that's a lot of stuff.

I mean yeah it's worth getting. There's just....a fuckload of backstory. There was a fuckload of backstory before MGS4, and then that just tripled it.

The timeline goes like this:

MGS3/Portable Ops/Peace Walker/Ground Zeros/Phantom Pain/Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2/MGS1/MGS2

The bare minimum to play is probably MGS1, MGS3 and then Ground Zeroes. GZ has a backstory guide for Peace Walker built in, to bridge the gap from after MGS3 to GZ. Portable Ops, just watch a youtube video. Not worth it. You can play 2 and 4 whenever if you want.

the FOB stuff is optional, you don't have to do anything at all if you dont opt in

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You're pretty good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A little late by a month or so...but eh MGS 4th of July
https://youtu.be/ap_OLQbe068

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

4 is essential as the wrap-up, but it is a slog since the game has nearly eight hours of cutscenes and codec calls. N4Butts pretty much hits it on the head with those suggestions- since this game has a lot of bridges in the story and characters with MGS1 it would be best to start there. Gameplay wise it has fewer mechanics and works as a good intro to sneaking games before you get to MGS3 which introduces quite a few new items and approaches to play.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just don't play The Twin Snakes...or at least don't buy a gamecube for it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

twin snakes is rad as hell

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

twin snakes is rad as hell

It really is. Loved MGS1 on PS1, loved it again on GC. I think it's amazing they got the voice actors to re-record all their lines.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It really is. Loved MGS1 on PS1, loved it again on GC. I think it's amazing they got the voice actors to re-record all their lines.

Paul Elding has said Konami wasn't going to originally and that Hayter took a pay cut so they'd hire them and not replacements.

I guess my issue was getting used to no accents which yes I know was his Kojimas game plan. Also the whole voice job just seems below the quality of the first one. Gameplay wise it's very good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
got you hideo :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ChipCheezum LPs of MGS are good, his early ones suffer from the "MONKEY CHEESE RANDOM L O L" """"comedy"""" of early Video LPs and its not until his MGS4 where they actually get good and informative. Here are some unsolicited links to the playlists, also I will be linking the uncut commentary videos if available.

In LP chronological order
MGS3
MGS2
MGS
MSG4
MGS:PW
MGS:REVENGANCE

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leather Bear posted:

got you hideo :3:

hideous more like :barf:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8vs7EsP_s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ElMaligno posted:

ChipCheezum LPs of MGS are good, his early ones suffer from the "MONKEY CHEESE RANDOM L O L" """"comedy"""" of early Video LPs and its not until his MGS4 where they actually get good and informative. Here are some unsolicited links to the playlists, also I will be linking the uncut commentary videos if available.

In LP chronological order
MGS3
MGS2
MGS
MSG4
MGS:PW
MGS:REVENGANCE

Uh what? How are the early LPs "monkey cheese random" at all? Also don't watch the LPs in chronological order, watch them in order of the games. So MGS1->2->3->4->PW. Revengeance can be watched whenever.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Waiting for Snake

Two men sit at a Fulton stop all day waiting for Snake. He never arrives. It is an allegory for the existential futility of waiting for game releases life.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RatHat posted:

Uh what? How are the early LPs "monkey cheese random" at all? Also don't watch the LPs in chronological order, watch them in order of the games. So MGS1->2->3->4->PW. Revengeance can be watched whenever.

I mean in "the order they where chronologically played" not "chronological order"

Also if Chip doing highpitched voices and naming a frog "mission j frog" doesnt strike you as "monkey cheese random" i have no idea what to tell you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
One joke is being monkey cheese random now? Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

shouldve been careless whisper

• Locked thread