Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

THC posted:

i just hoped we could all have a quick chuckle about another uber driver being a creep and move on. turned out so much better than expected, im glad this conversation allowed us a glimpse into your hosed up mind
i could have told u he has a hosed up mind. he posts literally every day about rape, signed up for the military, and generally acts like a psycho. he needs to get off of the computer and seek mental help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmfao

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:vince:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Space-Pope posted:

i could have told u he has a hosed up mind. he posts literally every day about rape, signed up for the military, and generally acts like a psycho. he needs to get off of the computer and seek mental help

gross

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

im shocked, simply shocked

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

people in ottawa sincerely actually believed that there were 200,000 people in ottawa (that's one fifth the population!) on ashley madison because that's how many accounts there were

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
best thing about all these uber drivers insisting on packing guns is that uber prohibits drivers from having firearms

it enforces that, too. a week after the policy was put into place, uber fired a driver for violating the no-guns policy by shooting a passenger

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Main Paineframe posted:

best thing about all these uber drivers insisting on packing guns is that uber prohibits drivers from having firearms

it enforces that, too. a week after the policy was put into place, uber fired a driver for violating the no-guns policy by shooting a passenger

uber laying down the law :eyepop:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
"if you shoot a passenger, for ANY reason, your account will be terminated!"

wow

hardcore

and people say they don't believe in rules and regulations

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
but if you deregulate guns then only deregulates will have them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

and remember that women didn't have to pay to use the service, so it's not even like price was the limiting factor

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

mysogyny, m i rite?

the fedora is coming....from inside the thread!!!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

a real sausage festival

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

i'm the flaccid male symbol.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i had to talk to a tech venture capitalist's personal assistant today, and that personal assistant had her own personal assistant. i didn't get a chance to talk with him and find out whether he had a personal assistant for himself.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fermun posted:

i had to talk to a tech venture capitalist's personal assistant today, and that personal assistant had her own personal assistant. i didn't get a chance to talk with him and find out whether he had a personal assistant for himself.

excuse me the title is assistant to the personal assistant

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the analysis is a good read in general. it's like a detecting procedural,

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

fermun posted:

this is a line from season 3 of silicon valley yes?

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that dog looks like it wants to eat her panties

I do as well. YOSPOS bithc.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i really hope ashley madison continues with their IPO later this year.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

initial pubic offering

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

triple sulk posted:

initial pubic offering

irreversible public outing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Virion posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fermun posted:

tech industry is slowly becoming feudalism

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Virion posted:

nice

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-15/adultery-website-ashleymadison-seeks-ipo-as-demand-booms

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

this is a line from season 3 of silicon valley yes?

i could definitely see jarred saying this

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

fermun posted:

/
                             /
                           /
                         /

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

duTrieux. posted:

the analysis is a good read in general. it's like a detecting procedural,

it looks like it was taken down? or am i looking in the wrong place

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gutbay fuckwheat posted:

I do as well. YOSPOS bithc.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dessert Rose posted:

it looks like it was taken down? or am i looking in the wrong place

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

this is a bad chart b/c the shading makes the ratio look a lot better than it actually is

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

coffeetable posted:

this is a bad chart b/c the shading makes the ratio look a lot better than it actually is

look at edward tufte over here with opinions on visually misleading charts

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Storysmith posted:

:newlol:

[img:napoleon's march through russia]

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I am going to the airport and called for an uberx. the guy pulls up in a cab except the meter has been ripped out and replaced with a phone mount.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
uber is an institution with dubious ethics

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

Storysmith posted:

show me an ~infographic~ and ill have to sit down in a dark room for ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

actually (just because we're on the subject) the thing that drives me round the bend is the jet/rainbow color map:

the problem with the jet colormap is that if you have some nice, smooth data like this

what a jet colormap makes it look like is this

lookit that banding, appearing out of nowhere.

instead, you should use a colorscheme suggested by colorbrewer, or (if you really, really want a rainbow) cubehelix, or one of the bajillion other, similar, tools

• Locked thread