Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

I was wondering how long a competitor would take!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Clairetic posted:

'Fuel Focus' I think is the item name in NEI. It's the yellow one in any case. Foci is the plural, contrary to what some mod authors believe - you can stuff up to 6 of them into the laser drill to maximize your chances of getting Yellorium. It'll pull up plenty of coal ore as well, so an endoflame flower/fluxfield setup isn't the worst idea. I have one of those as my backup generator so I can still power my AE network when I'm futzing with the reactor layout.
Oh I thought it was some very specific thing. I was going to make those yellow guys. Good to know about the coal. It has been awhile since I played with the lasers so I did not know what other fun stuff to expect to come out of it.

BTW do you know if the height requirement is still a thing? I heard that was eliminated.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'm glad Modular Power Suits is coming back because it was always the best mod

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I was fooling around in the floating city, cleansng it and stuff, when I happened upon a room with some guards and weapon racks in them.
I killed the tainted people, but when I clicked on a weapon rack, this happened, and now I can't get back in the game, since it goes to black after half a second, and then crashes to desktop.

Please advice.

Sigmund
Oct 6, 2013

I once installed a bukkit server. Then wrote a simple mod, that would allow me to crush blocks, by placing them between a piston and a block of obsidian. This worked excellent, and I would like to use it again. however bukkit is no longer a thing. I'm sure there are some other alternatives, but nothing seems as easily plug and play like bukkit.

Does anybody have any suggestions things i can lookup to replace bukkit?

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Datasmurf posted:

So I was fooling around in the floating city, cleansng it and stuff, when I happened upon a room with some guards and weapon racks in them.
I killed the tainted people, but when I clicked on a weapon rack, this happened, and now I can't get back in the game, since it goes to black after half a second, and then crashes to desktop.

Please advice.

Looks like you stuffed an ender pouch in the weapon rack and because ChickenBones's rendering wizardry is too great for humble Bibliocraft, the entire thing collapsed in a heap of sparkles and dust.

See if Bibliocraft has an option to turn off in-world item rendering, and report the issue to them.

Or maybe to ChickenBones if he's still around / doing stuff / etc.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Clairetic posted:

You know how HQM is great except for the part where it's closed-source, a pain in the rear end to edit the quests and it has mysterious bugs with saving/loading?

Shukaro is about to change that. Not the fact that HQM is a mess under the hood, but having anyone rely on it.

noice

thanks for the explanation :thumbsup:

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Clairetic posted:

You know how HQM is great except for the part where it's closed-source, a pain in the rear end to edit the quests and it has mysterious bugs with saving/loading?

Shukaro is about to change that. Not the fact that HQM is a mess under the hood, but having anyone rely on it.

I Can confirm that HQM is a mess under the hood, i was looking in the jar file and DeathType.class has 15 inner classes and DeathStats.class has 4 and thats just for starters.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Before I ended my short game of Blightfall last night, I did a middle-level black market quest. The loot included a laser drill and two prechargers. I am swimming in emeralds, and I have some dandelions for yellow dye, so I was thinking of trying to drill for yellorium and keep the reactor going. With the starter reactor, do you think I can keep this up?

Actually, I have some more magic questions:
Where is the tainted rod research?
Where is the mana steel cap research?

You have to research the purifier shovel before you research the tainted rod.
Mana steel caps is locked behind livingwood rod and you need to know infusion for that.

http://br.sidoh.org/ big reactor simulator.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Before I ended my short game of Blightfall last night, I did a middle-level black market quest. The loot included a laser drill and two prechargers.

What quest was this? I completed all the visible black market quests and no new ones showed up, and this reward wasn't one of them. Or do you mean it was from a machine bag? I guess I need to get more machine bags if that's the case.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

What quest was this? I completed all the visible black market quests and no new ones showed up, and this reward wasn't one of them. Or do you mean it was from a machine bag? I guess I need to get more machine bags if that's the case.

I got a laser drill out of a machine bag so that must be what he means.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Yo, if you're looking for a place to play multiplayer MC with Good People(tm), heres a thing for you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Taffer posted:

Yeah, they reward an assortment of loot bags, including machine bags for one of them.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Taffer posted:

Yeah it was in one of three machine bags in the second promethium quest (submit 10 blocks of promethium). The machine bags have been generally good to me.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
My machine bags sucked.

I got two leadstone cells, a ruler, two satchels, and an energetic infuser.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mine had an auto-jukebox, with free record.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Someone said that they got a whole set of flux armor so I started spamming them and I tanked my mission rep and got a bunch of mfr machines which is cool, but I'd rather have the armor

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

snarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarf

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Clairetic posted:

Looks like you stuffed an ender pouch in the weapon rack and because ChickenBones's rendering wizardry is too great for humble Bibliocraft, the entire thing collapsed in a heap of sparkles and dust.

See if Bibliocraft has an option to turn off in-world item rendering, and report the issue to them.

Or maybe to ChickenBones if he's still around / doing stuff / etc.

That seems like something I'd do without thinking. Running around with an ender pouch in my hand, then right clicking something, is right up my alley.

Sadly, the options I tried in the cfg, didn't help. I tried disabling the B:Weaponcase, and then setting "B:DisableRenderers" from false to true, after reading the comment (# Setting this to true will disable all renderers. This will allow a world to be loaded and a problem item removed from a BiblioCraft block in case of a rendering related crash). Didn't find anything else.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I keep noticing something weird in Blightfall. There are a bunch of pockets of empty air in the middle of the ocean. Coords spoilered in case I found a secret thing and don't realize it. X:730 Z:1945 Y:55 Those aren't the only ones, just an example.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do laser drills still have an optimum height? I recall at one point needing to slap them at Y=128 or something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mzbundifund posted:

snarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarfsnarf

the inventory reclaimer 4000 is a good device

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where can I find the tables for each bag, to see what I can get from spawn eggs, or saplings/seed bags, or whatever. In Blightfall

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ariong posted:

I keep noticing something weird in Blightfall. There are a bunch of pockets of empty air in the middle of the ocean. Coords spoilered in case I found a secret thing and don't realize it. X:730 Z:1945 Y:55 Those aren't the only ones, just an example.

That's just Minecraft. It always leaves those, though I don't know why. (safe to assume :notch: )

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Narf

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Mzbundifund posted:

I could watch this for hours. :allears:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
FYI, the Blood Letter Pack does not work in Blightfall. It says it's producing LP and it looks like you're being damaged, but it's all fake. As soon as you take off the pack, the LP disappears, and if you take damage from any other source your health pops back to (near) full.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mzbundifund posted:

I've never fiddled with magic mirrors before. I'm suddenly aware that I need to do so in the future.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Do laser drills still have an optimum height? I recall at one point needing to slap them at Y=128 or something.

quote:

<MMuse> skyboy do laser drills still have an optimum height or was that never a thing
<skyboy> 128 blocks
<MMuse> what does it do
<skyboy> lowers the amount of energy consumed to produce an ore by up to 20%
Straight from the horse's mouth.

McFrugal posted:

FYI, the Blood Letter Pack does not work in Blightfall. It says it's producing LP and it looks like you're being damaged, but it's all fake. As soon as you take off the pack, the LP disappears, and if you take damage from any other source your health pops back to (near) full.
So it's only working clientside? Which mod is that from?

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008
Infustion question:

When I right click on the spinning cube in the middle with a wand, nothing starts. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried it with the jars closer, but no dice.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

ducttape posted:

Infustion question:

When I right click on the spinning cube in the middle with a wand, nothing starts. What am I doing wrong?

Looks like you have extra items on the pedestals. If it says 1 of each shard, you need ONLY one. That means you'll be imbalanced side-side on infusions with odd numbers of ingredients, but the penalty is small enough to be absorbed by extra candles etc.

Also I don't recommend having candles directly on the floor there. Sometimes flux goo will spew out of one of the pedestals and wash away some candles, which will increase instability.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Clairetic posted:

So it's only working clientside? Which mod is that from?

Looks like base Blood Magic to me.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Blightfall question (spoilers) :

I found the alien city, killed the hero, and made my way up the castle to the king. But the king jumped off the side and fell down the castle somewhere and got lost. Can anyone tell me what I would have gotten from the king so that I can just cheat the items and not lose any progression?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Cantorsdust posted:

Blightfall question (spoilers) :

I found the alien city, killed the hero, and made my way up the castle to the king. But the king jumped off the side and fell down the castle somewhere and got lost. Can anyone tell me what I would have gotten from the king so that I can just cheat the items and not lose any progression?

I got a crown. I don't think there is any progression involved with killing the king?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

ducttape posted:

Infustion question:

You don't have arcane blocks in the floor.

Try something like this :

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Humans Among Us posted:

You don't have arcane blocks in the floor.

Try something like this :

Is that actually necessary? The thaumonomicon's picture shows it but doesn't actually say that as a requirement and it's not mentioned on the wiki.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I do remember reading it :shrug:

e; I always had a lot of trouble getting it to work but when i adopted that setup i never had trouble again.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ducttape posted:

Infustion question:

I have no idea if the Infusion Altar can actually recognize that layout, try a more standardized "square" ring.

President Ark posted:

Is that actually necessary? The thaumonomicon's picture shows it but doesn't actually say that as a requirement and it's not mentioned on the wiki.

Totally necessary for style. :colbert: (not actually necessary for function)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So I stole all the liquid yellorium from the jaded, set up a thing so I could put it into a smeltery and it won't come out as ingots or blocks so I'm stuck with a million buckets of yellorium in my smelter with nothing to use it on yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Clairetic posted:

Yay! MPS stuff!

Sweet, I missed this mod, it was one of my favorite utility mods around.