Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
this game has less to show for it than star citizen does lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm lookign forward to the game but jesus christ this thread's terrible

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ryaomon posted:

this is objectively untrue

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Colon Semicolon posted:

Questions like "can you stop making everything a joke and just give an actual release date?"
I don't want this question answered.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Can you ask them to please delay the game more and never tell anyone so that humorless buttlords have more stuff to whine about itt

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Cephalocidal posted:

I wonder how many backers have died IRL between 2013 and today. Do they haunt you, Tales of Game's? DO THEY WEIGH ON YOUR DOUGHY SOUL?

All soul haunts get posted on the monster hunter job's board and are promptly exterminated by up and coming hunter's.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Shinjobi posted:

Will we ever see better representation for Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon?

Yes he is my favourite baller and he'd be anideal skill trainer or mentor for young Hoopz.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Cybershell posted:

Anyone have questions they'd like me to ask the ToGboys at PAX? Questions like "when is the game coming out?" and "is the game coming out?" and "why isn't the game out?"

What are they going to do about the canon in regards to space jam 2?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Truecon420 posted:

What are they going to do about the canon in regards to space jam 2?

It's Dark Canon.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ALFbrot posted:

Can you ask them to please delay the game more and never tell anyone so that humorless buttlords have more stuff to whine about itt

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

The guns screens look amazing. That'll tide me over for another year at least

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Cephalocidal posted:

I wonder how many backers have died IRL between 2013 and today. Do they haunt you, Tales of Game's? DO THEY WEIGH ON YOUR DOUGHY SOUL?

Hopefully ToG will implement an -affix that uses backers souls for ammunition, so the survivors can gain some benefit from the winnowing.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Greetings, ToGsters and ToGettes who were not blessed with PAX tickets, here's a little glimpse of what you're missing out on: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1335376

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Spoof me once, shame on you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I secretly hold out hope the PAX stuff is just an announcement of their next kickstarter, a 3D adventure game with tie-in Cyberdwarf anime.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bisse posted:

Greetings, ToGsters and ToGettes who were not blessed with PAX tickets, here's a little glimpse of what you're missing out on: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1335376

holy poo poo this owns

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i will wait until the end of all things for this game

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

I secretly hold out hope the PAX stuff is just an announcement of their next kickstarter, a 3D adventure game with tie-in Cyberdwarf anime.

They have teamed up with the creator of Hunniepop to bring their vision to life.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Colon Semicolon posted:

Questions like "can you stop making everything a joke and just give an actual release date?"
The promise has been made.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I was going to say, "ask if there will be areas with a brighter color palette than what we've seen" but it looks like that was addressed in the comments of the backer update that Bisse linked. Hooray.

I'm hoping (and optimistic) that there will be more than just trash-land, though. Barkley 1 had the B-ball zone, the diabetes island, the egyptian b-ball tombs, and a bunch of other areas that were nice breaks from the grittiness of post-cyberpocalypse neo new york.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm curious why some of the screenshots look weirdly dim. Is there a lightning flash effect in the area, or something?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

B has come to

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Cybershell posted:

Anyone have questions they'd like me to ask the ToGboys at PAX? Questions like "when is the game coming out?" and "is the game coming out?" and "why isn't the game out?"

I was going to make a joke by asking you to ask a gamergate-related question but I purposely know almost nothing about gamergate because only terrible people care about gamergate

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

I'm curious why some of the screenshots look weirdly dim. Is there a lightning flash effect in the area, or something?

apparently its weather effects.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Cybershell posted:

Ask each one of them how much they can bench press

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

I was going to say, "ask if there will be areas with a brighter color palette than what we've seen" but it looks like that was addressed in the comments of the backer update that Bisse linked. Hooray.

I'm hoping (and optimistic) that there will be more than just trash-land, though. Barkley 1 had the B-ball zone, the diabetes island, the egyptian b-ball tombs, and a bunch of other areas that were nice breaks from the grittiness of post-cyberpocalypse neo new york.

There is currently The Swamps as well which is also playable at PAX. Green, lush, slightly foggy. We should have some screens of that out there somewhere? The cyberpocalypse IS the name of the game this time around, but it won't be all gray and brown.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

Weather effects. There is also a scanline shader, which looks real nice in motion but does darken the game a bit overall.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009
Is this on steam greenlight yet

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Barkley 2 will be a physical, brick-and-mortar only release, like any self-respecting professional game.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Barkley 2 will be a physical, brick-and-mortar only release, like any self-respecting professional game.

The box will be full of rocks, some dirt clumps with grass, dead crickets and a single crumpled strip of paper with a heavily faded print of a Steam key.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Bisse posted:

Weather effects. There is also a scanline shader, which looks real nice in motion but does darken the game a bit overall.
You may want to consider disabling the shader for PR stuff.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Any info on the variety of Clispaeth blessings you can buff yourself with, by concentrating at his shrines and reciting his mantras?

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Are you going to be able to get all of the Jared references taken out before the live demo

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I was going to make a joke by asking you to ask a gamergate-related question but I purposely know almost nothing about gamergate because only terrible people care about gamergate

That's easy. Ask if there's a point where X114JAM9 is rescued by a female :v:

I was gonna ask if this game has a dog companion that changes breed based on the location.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Freakazoid_ posted:

That's easy. Ask if there's a point where X114JAM9 is rescued by a female :v:

I was gonna ask if this game has a dog companion that changes breed based on the location.

The important thing is, does it make toast anywhere.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
http://www.avclub.com/article/barkley-2s-trailer-pays-painstaking-tribute-final--224449

Barkley 2 got featured on The Onion AV club. That's just weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ryaomon posted:

What the h*ck are you talking about.

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

Maybe some goon writes for them :ninja:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It might be hard to believe for people who've been following this thread, but Barkley 2 is actually a thing people care about outside of SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bisse posted:

The promise has been made.
Realistic goals are a good thing to have.