Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Frinkahedron posted:

Bud Foster decided to make national headlines 12 days early:

haha what an unbelievably dickhead thing to suggest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Neil Armbong posted:

A&M's man cheerleaders wear them for some events like Midnight Yell. This shirt is for the discerning fan who wants to play cheerleader dress up.

As opposed to the cheerleader who wants to play army dress up.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CaptainYesterday posted:

The yell leaders change in to play army clothes for the actual game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
That's pretty awful from Bud Foster.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This is the guy who, in all likelihood, is going to inherit VT within the next two years.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Frinkahedron posted:

Bud Foster decided to make national headlines 12 days early:

Isn't this basically, like, straight-up villainous?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Noah Brown (Ohio St WR) suffered a severe leg injury today. :smith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

korrandark posted:

Noah Brown (Ohio St WR) suffered a severe leg injury today. :smith:

Yeah he was having a great camp, no details that I have seen just that they cancelled interviews after and all the players are sad :(

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
So is Ohio State just gonna run the option or what?

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 27, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/08/rutgers_investigating_football_coach_kyle_flood_fo.html

Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation

lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Frinkahedron posted:

3 QB Wishbone

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If they were straight up paying players, ok, fine. If its the cost-of-attendance thing, that's...isn't that akin to if you could fine a player now and saying "we've removed two credits worth of your financial aid."

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
"Just kidding. " - AD Whit Babcock

@AndyBitterVT: #Hokies AD Whit Babcock in statement through school spokesman on player fines: "It will be discontinued immediately."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Please stop drinking, Mr. Foster, Sir :ohdear:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

If they were straight up paying players, ok, fine. If its the cost-of-attendance thing, that's...isn't that akin to if you could fine a player now and saying "we've removed two credits worth of your financial aid."
Yep, that's basically how I'm looking at it. Cost-of-attendence is supposed to be about making sure athletes have enough money to actually reflect the cost of going to school (and I think it is a great thing though it needs more standardization) and instead he's already wanting to treat it like a paycheck that can be fined like the NFL.

Unless he's just one step ahead of everybody and he's doing this to force a court case or unionization or something.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I mean the worst thing about these is that anyone devoted enough to buy this already has a pair of real overalls.

Actually the worst thing is how the real ones look:

computer parts fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 27, 2015

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

Please stop drinking, Mr. Foster, Sir :ohdear:

That 'shine ain't gonna drink itself now.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

CaptainYesterday posted:

No, the cheerleaders dress like milkmen from the 40's. The Corps are the ones who dress up like army and ceremonially crush their own balls/worship a dog. I think the overalls people are just plain old Aggies.

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012

vyst posted:

3 QB Wishbone

A-11 offense confirmed...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Frinkahedron posted:

That 'shine ain't gonna drink itself now.

Foster got himself a deal after Sark had to sell the whole team's stocks

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Probably shouldn't put SAW 'EM OFF arched over your junk

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
And I thought Clemson overalls were tacky...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Frinkahedron posted:

He wasn't even a starter so it's not going to kill the offense or anything, just sad.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Good to know Tech is in safe hands moving forward

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas fans gather in large groups to ceremonially pout in the presence of advertising

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
All overalls are tacky hth

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bud's retarded. You're inches from the HC job you always wanted and you say dumb poo poo like that because why?

How can you spend that much time under a coach who has made it a life goal to never offend anyone ever and would match Bill Snyder in a "who can get the other a Werther's faster?" competition for grandfatherly kindness and then not know when to open or shut your mouth regarding stuff like that. It's boggling.

If he's not the next HC I'd almost bet you money today will be a significant factor in it.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Eltoasto posted:

He wasn't even a starter so it's not going to kill the offense or anything, just sad.

Eh, he was likely starting the VT game and possibly the season in Evan Spencer's old role. It hurts most just because the depth is hosed with Marshall and Wilson also out. This is going to mean a bunch of Johnnie Dixon, James Clark, and Terry McLaurin reps trying to figure out who the other outside/boundary receiver is since Thomas and Braxton are both named as starters right now. Hopefully one of those guys steps up, but that's probably the worst position to be losing guys for the VT game.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
The only students who wear overalls in the LSU student section are in this weird super Christian church group that also paints their chests and then pull the top of the overalls down to reveal their gross nubile purple bodies

Edit: also they are all white dudes

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

TheGreyGhost posted:

Eh, he was likely starting the VT game and possibly the season in Evan Spencer's old role. It hurts most just because the depth is hosed with Marshall and Wilson also out. This is going to mean a bunch of Johnnie Dixon, James Clark, and Terry McLaurin reps trying to figure out who the other outside/boundary receiver is since Thomas and Braxton are both named as starters right now. Hopefully one of those guys steps up, but that's probably the worst position to be losing guys for the VT game.

If Bud Foster can commit to stopping the run/option by putting 8 guys in the box all game and trusting his (very very very good) defensive backs to contain the explosive pass play, it's going to be a long night for whoever is throwing for OSU. This is sounding like the experienced D-line vs brand new O-line matchup that let VT win last year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Surprisingly, we didn't really have any sort of weirdo group that did weirdo things in the student section. Except for a ton of jackass Red Sox fans for some reason that had enough pull somehow to get them to play Sweet Caroline, which I refused to sing along with out of sheer principle.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Eltoasto posted:

Let me know at what point in your 4 deep it matters that a player is out for the VT game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
In the least surprising pre-season announcement of the year, Josh Rosen has been officially named the UCLA starter.

Eltoasto posted:

Great move, it's going to be popular with recruits.

Hell forget recruits, I'm sure his own players are loving thrilled to be playing for a guy who would seriously consider taking their loving lunch money away if they break a team rule.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The VT response should have just come from whatever lawyer over there started screaming first because that's obviously what brought it on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

Surprisingly, we didn't really have any sort of weirdo group that did weirdo things in the student section. Except for a ton of jackass Red Sox fans for some reason that had enough pull somehow to get them to play Sweet Caroline, which I refused to sing along with out of sheer principle.

worshipping a child rape enabler is a pretty weirdo thing to do

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Neodoomium posted:

The VT response should have just come from whatever lawyer over there started screaming first because that's obviously what brought it on

It prompted our AD to basically directly issue a statement to the press saying NOPE NOPE NOPE. The new VT SID for football seems like he's a little out of the loop on twitter.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Scarf posted:

It's
Probation
Time
Again,
Y'all

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Scarf posted:

Don't worry, they're still bad.

D.N. Nation posted:

It's
Probation
Time
Again,
Y'all

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007