Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow that Buick was a lot older than I was led to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It's actually a '32 based on some GISing I did. '36 was a different body style.

That was a great day and I am rather sore now.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Man, I am jealous as gently caress. That looks like a blast. If you guys accept Canucks, I might need to make sure my passports valid and pull a long-loving-drive next time.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Holdbrooks, courtesy NEAI 2015.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I had no idea he was even gonna be here until I introduced myself. Love that GIF.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Little late on this, but I was somewhat useless when I got back on Sunday. Tim, thanks again for hosting, it was an awesome time as usual. I got a few pictures, (mostly of the roadster shenanigans) and videos all revolving around the mobility scooter. After Saturday, I'm thinking every party needs a mobility scooter, preferably without an old person attached to it.

We found a thing in the woods. I drank beer and watched TOOK PICTURES FOR THE INTERNET while the extraction was taking place

It had a chrisgt in it

And a lot of dirt

We didn't look too closely at the contents of the storage trunk - there were rumors of a dead thing in there :ohdear:

Videos!! :neckbeard:
e: Sorry they are all recorded the wrong way, I am not good with phone :saddowns:

Hot Rod SiF takes the mobility cart stunt challenge with some bendy wooden board and a cinder block. It goes about as expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BUaIGN0W4

We may have violated the "no burnouts on the driveway" rule :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJqwF7FphNk

The relays we had for power delivery to the cart didn't like what we were doing to them. We were getting 10 - 15 minutes of runtime before the relay contacts would melt together. You knew it was time for a new relay when this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsv6aG8938

There's some good avatar material in this one, for anyone who wants to fish it out. #JustNEAIthings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbO1AIZ0sA0

Black88GTA fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 25, 2015

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

iForge posted:

NEAI was awesome! Here are a few images from the weekend. More later.

my campsite:

So. Many. Mopeds.

Mobility scooter. We kept blowing relays for the push button throttle so Ace wired a light switch in for easy on/off.

Pulling the 1932 Buick out of the greenhouse with a chainfall to save it.

Edit: Also, Sharky, I uploaded that video of the moped thing. Cool if I post it?

No pictures of the full size doing the business?
And yes, private video, please. No need for that to go all over the YouTubes. Nothing bruised other than my ego and tailbone.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Forester camping was actually more comfortable than I expected. The stupid thing is a bit too short for me, but eh, it was a free car...

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
God drat, looks like it was an amazing time. Where's fart pipe? Or is he still working off the hang over?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

ACEofsnett posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Holdbrooks, courtesy NEAI 2015.

Omfg hahahahhaahhaha

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXAEfX8rA2g

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Whomever decided Holdbrooks needed that avatar, thank you.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Ive got the flu or something. Feel like death, ugh. It started on Sunday just as black88 and holdbrooks were leaving. Ive got some pictures on my phone and a ton of video with the gopro that hopefully caught something funny. I had a super awesome blast though and I really cant say enough about how happy I am about getting the Buick out. Ill post whatever I have later on when Im not making GBS threads water anymore. You guys are awesome, cleaned up and didnt break anything. Definitely will host again.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Holdbrooks is a stand up dude. Braved the Boston metro traffic to have my goony rear end walk him around MIT for an hour.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Can we set this to the autoplay video for the AI subforum?

Because let's be honest, Ken rodeo'ing a jerry-rigged overpowered throttle-less mobility scooter he and Ace found in a ditch with a road flare in hand is probably peak alternative-energy AI. We could probably get a grant from the EPA or some poo poo.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can we set this to the autoplay video for the AI subforum?

Because let's be honest, Ken rodeo'ing a jerry-rigged overpowered throttle-less mobility scooter he and Ace found in a ditch with a road flare in hand is probably peak alternative-energy AI. We could probably get a grant from the EPA or some poo poo.

I was hoping someone could make a slow motion version set to "Chariots of Fire"

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Fart Pipe posted:

Ive got the flu or something. Feel like death, ugh. It started on Sunday just as black88 and holdbrooks were leaving. Ive got some pictures on my phone and a ton of video with the gopro that hopefully caught something funny. I had a super awesome blast though and I really cant say enough about how happy I am about getting the Buick out. Ill post whatever I have later on when Im not making GBS threads water anymore. You guys are awesome, cleaned up and didnt break anything. Definitely will host again.

drat dude I thought I was the only one. I've been making GBS threads fire water the past 2 days.

I can't wait to come visit again

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Whomever decided Holdbrooks needed that avatar, thank you.

It was a group effort, pretty man.

Edit : You guys are babies. I got all my puking out of the way Saturday morning and felt fine after that.

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 25, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

iForge posted:

drat dude I thought I was the only one. I've been making GBS threads fire water the past 2 days.

I can't wait to come visit again

Same. I've felt like an extra in a Romero movie since saturday night.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
WTF happened to you guys? I'm fine.

We need to extend the wheelie bar on the deathkart because if that thing gets a Predator motor or a proper gasser front suspension (so you don't have to scootch all the way back on it to maintain a wheelie) it's probably going to crack some skulls.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

We need to extend the wheelie bar on the deathkart because if that thing gets a Predator motor or a proper gasser front suspension (so you don't have to scootch all the way back on it to maintain a wheelie) it's probably going to crack some skulls.

Okay, I'm coming next time. I have most of a chinese electric scooter I've been unsuccessfully trying to get running for like 2 years. You guys got a mobility cart that you picked up out of the trash to work with a light switch fast enough to play with it all weekend. I'll totally pay in beer and desktop support. I'll make all your computers run like new.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I was saying it needs a stinger on the back.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Shampoo posted:

Okay, I'm coming next time. I have most of a chinese electric scooter I've been unsuccessfully trying to get running for like 2 years. You guys got a mobility cart that you picked up out of the trash to work with a light switch fast enough to play with it all weekend. I'll totally pay in beer and desktop support. I'll make all your computers run like new.

I give no guarantee that it will have any kind of safety features, speed control, brakes, reverse gear, or really anything beyond jamming power directly into the motor.

Welding the office chair on was fun too. We did that a few weeks ago actually.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I feel fine, relatively speaking.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

kastein posted:

I give no guarantee that it will have any kind of safety features, speed control, brakes, reverse gear, or really anything beyond jamming power directly into the motor.

Welding the office chair on was fun too. We did that a few weeks ago actually.

And no cares were had to be found anywhere. If we can get it rolling, we can play with it until it burns down, or we do.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urAk6Wehhhk

http://imgur.com/a/nXfnt

High points:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Nice shots sharky! And thanks again for the D80. That thing rules and I just put my 35mm 1.8 on it like 5 minutes ago to try it out later today.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I didn't get sick but I came away with like a dozen itchy insect bites that refuse to go away.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And a missing muffler.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

And a missing muffler.

My muffler is (surprisingly) fine, the tailpipe just sheared off at the very end about 10" from where the muffler ends.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Sandbagger SA posted:

I didn't get sick but I came away with like a dozen itchy insect bites that refuse to go away.

Yea, wtf is with that? It's like CT has super mosquitoes, the ones up here don't bother me.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Down here I get loving swarmed with mosquitoes all summer (and I'm allergic so even small bites swell and itch like mad) and packed bug spray accordingly but I didn't have a single bite all weekend :shrug:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

At least you guys don't have WEST NILE MOSQUITOS

Fart Pipe, if you want a D70s (which has a built in focus motor, so it'll work with both AF and AF-S lenses), it's yours for the cost of shipping. Caveats: the image sensor is SUPER dirty (it'll need a professional cleaning), and the CF slot is broken, so you'll have to replace it (one of the pins in it came loose and got shoved inside the camera, apparently a common issue on the D70/D70s). It's essentially a D70 with a slightly larger LCD and a few software improvements.

I used to have 2 batteries for it (not sure where one is), and I definitely have at least one CF card to go with it. I've already repaired the common "camera got bumped and the flash no longer flashes" issue (and remembered how much juice even a tiny capacitor can pack while doing so, ffffffffffffffuck).

Or, you know, if anyone else wants it... it's free for the taking, it's been gathering dust for a couple of years. Also have a D1x, but it needs more involved repairs (shutter is jammed).

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I might take you up on that STR next week when I have more money, end of the month and post party is pretty tight right now. Might as well get into camera repair as well at some point. Im pretty sure I can fix the D40 but I didnt want to do it, fail, and be cameraless so now Im good to go if I break it even more.

Oh yea the D80 has an internal motor too so I cant wait to play with older and less expensive lenses next.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hello All,

Only 2 weeks until the Team O SCCA RallySprint 2 ! We've added a 3rd stage!

There are still a couple of openings on the entry list. This is a great practice/shakedown opportunity before Black River Stages. If you know of someone that wants in, have them get registered ASAP.

To put on this event takes 50+ volunteers. We still need about 10 more volunteers, primarily to man the spectator areas. So, if you have extra crew, maybe they could sign up to "work". Great viewing locations, lunch provided, and swag. Have them contact Kathy Moody rallykat158@yahoo.com or myself, Scott beliveau@aavid.com to sign up. Signing up by Friday would be great as I have to know how much swag to order.

there are still a lot of blanks in the co-driver slots. Get your co-drivers registered http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/team-o-neil-scca-rallysprint-ii-rally-school-new-england-rallycross-384664#.VdddJvlVhHw

Get that prep work finished up!

Scott Beliveau
Chairman, SCCA RallySprint

Team O Sept 12th, they need people to stand around and watch rally and make sure no one crosses tape and to get free lunch and free poo poo. Go go go

mcgreenvegtables
Nov 2, 2004
Yum!
Is this one of you guys?

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5172204242.html

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Not that I know of but I am pretty sure I have bought parts off that guy before, goes by TekkaMakki on a few forums.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Fart Pipe posted:

Nice shots sharky! And thanks again for the D80. That thing rules and I just put my 35mm 1.8 on it like 5 minutes ago to try it out later today.

Yeah, your pictures are amazing as always.

Also, I'd like to note that :ducksiren: No UTVs were stuck this year! :ducksiren:

Neai UTV debacle, never forget :911:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/reyrasco/media/NEJeep/2012%20Wheel%20the%20Farm/video/_DSC7606.mp4.html

I like the way he advertises it with a video of himself beating it up rock crawling.

I guess he knows his target audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ACEofsnett posted:

Neai UTV debacle, never forget :911:

A second set of mud terrains have hit the bog!!!1111

• Locked thread