Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
who

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
at least he'll be able to post again when star citizen comes out

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Boxturret posted:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

nobody

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

how?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Boxturret posted:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

nobody liked this guy

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

bet you a bitcoin he tries to evade probation

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Boxturret posted:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
cannot wait for his new account

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OSI bean dip posted:

cannot wait for his new account

seraph85 should be able to fly low for a while without being detected

anyways

quote:

Discussion: Scams are actually GOOD for Bitcoin (self.bitcoin_uncensored)

submitted 7 hours ago by JokeReference

Just think about it for a moment. Scams are a proof that there is a real desire in the free market for Bitcoin. Whenever you hear about an exit scam or bitlocker viruses or an exchange mysteriously disappearing, you're hearing about the uncensored, true need in the world for this currency.

Yes, the scammers are horrible people and should never take advantage of intelligent Bitcoin users, but the fact that they exist should be treated like the canary in the coal mine. No matter what nebulous forces might try to keep down the news of Bitcoin's success, the existence of scams shows that in the real world Bitcoin is alive and well.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
BTCS Reports $4.5 Million Loss For This Year’s First Half

https://www.bitcoin.com/news/btcs-reports-4-5-million-loss-years-first-half/

quote:

BCTS reported the total revenues for the Q2 2015 stood at $144,375, significantly up from $4,912 accounted in the Q2 2014, while for the first half of 2015 it stood at 182,043, up from $130,180 the figure registered in the same period in 2014.

According to the company’s CEO Charles Allen:

“Our refined focus on securing the blockchain minimizes risk and positions us to capitalize on the massive market potential of the blockchain across all industries. We believe we selected an ideal timing for market entry that allowed us to pass over the high-risk period of extreme volatility that knocked many smaller players out of the space. With this latest increase in capacity, we believe we are well positioned to become a dominant player for the long-term.”

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

i wish people would stop buying him "funny" custom titles, the one he chose himself is embarrassing enough

the only one I ever see is the probation kitten

Boxturret posted:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mido posted:

hello seraph84

to my fellow buttcoiners, i have a slow day at work and want to yell at the void and i'm sorry.

i am writing you this message in the hopes that you will read it. i'm sure you will because how could you resist? this reflection upon your words is impossible to look away from for such an embodiment of narcissus himself. sadly i will not succeed in getting through to you in any way because you're distracted by yourself and have already made up your mind about all of this since you perceive yourself to be infallibly intelligent and that the way you see the world is surely the best and most correct for how smart you are. yes indeed.

your youtube link suggests you feel like a victim, attacked. and that you can "fight back" as it were. this is a naive interpretation of your persistence here at best, an insult to what you pretend to stand for at worst. this is not a good start to your childish psuedo intellectual diatribe and no one outside of your like minded cryptophillic sycophants will respond well to something like this.

"actually, this is good for bitcoin" is a good meme we utter with frequency because it embodies your shuttered mindset so well. so desperate are the invested believers that any context can be contrived to be "Good for bitcoin". surely even you have seen this pattern and surely you can realize that you are not immune to it.

you're wrong. your arguments are founded on nothing but your flawed imagination and propped up by the madness you indulge yourself in.

you had three days to edit and do copy on your shallow antagony and yet there are simple spelling and grammatical errors. were you anyone else i wouldnt even mention it but you are eager to present yourself as a beautiful marble statue so i'd like to point out some flaws in your own inability to convey yourself.

also this paragraph is devoid of any actionable meaning and you're not as good a writer as you think you are.

there's a lot of conclusions you're jumping to here. bitcoin is neither anonymous nor outside of the realm of law. vpn or not. it had a brief period of outpacing comprehension of the legal system, but that period is quickly coming to a close and transactions are just as legally binding and identifiable as ever. risks about your personal information are still just as present and bitcoin has very little to do with enabling or disabling elements of either side of the privacy coin.

"any financially solvent person who is serious about their ethical principles"
holy poo poo are you joking. that's a rhetorical question but are you seriously this misguided by randian abject reality

like, you're serious.

you really live so divorced from how the Real World works that you wrote these words unironically.

you feel very clever right now and that is a fault that will hold you back till you die if you can't come to your senses.

you present an internal dichotomy between 'fiat' and 'bitcoin' but even your own paragraph inextricably binds bitcoin to fiat by mere presence of dollar value.

you have no idea how money works but you're really sure you do.

the play on current and currency is so eye rolling you should be embarrassed. that you lack the self awareness to edit this kind of poo poo out means these diatribes will reach no one but those patient enough to yell at the void such as myself.

you talk about ethics and then tout the utility of evading taxes

do you know what ethics are? do you know how it differs from morals? probably not. probably. not.

a vivid imagination is playing out in your mind about how all of this should go down and how it will inevitably play out, but that part of your brain that checks and balances your assumptions with how reality plays out will never quite get the cycles it needs to realize that these exact promises have been just around the corner from so many people just as naive as you since bitcoin's inception and none of them have come true. you describe all these things happening but don't truly describe how and why every day actual real people actually want this or will be inspired to do this. (hint: they never will)

what possible grounds do you have to believe any of this? why do you think your imagination is so valid? surely you can meditatively socratic-method yourself into challenging your actual place in the world versus your grandiose visions and prophecies

no sane and reasonable person wants to trade systematized commodities as an every-day currency. that'd be like trading you shares of AAPL to buy groceries. it's not scalable and it's not feasible. and no sidechains and other augmentations dont count as they have the same problem and also don't and will never exist.

that quote is amazingly laden with bad assumptions and broad yet shallow finality that only an arrogant child such as yourself could fawn over. it's hollow and you're too dumb to see that.

invoking the kardashev scale in an attempt to appear omnisciently aware of some grand manifest destiny is enormously arrogant in the context you're trying to present it in. in a post-capitalist society we wouldn't need investment or an overwrought trust-less autism currency. we'd also all be dead.

the ledger aspect of bitcoin is not immune to tampering. it is fallacy to believe that information of any sort is immutable no matter how much redundancy you're expecting to pile onto it (and by extension waste energy over). all it takes is an organized human effort (and not necessarily a democratic one) to either extinguish ~the blockchain~ or force a favorable fork or version of the protocol.

this too shall pass.

please don't attach yourself to people who actually have good thoughts, as if you are on their level, or have anything meaningful to say about them as a reflection of your own experiences. it's insulting to Erich Fromm.

and then everyone stood up and clapped

the err of your violently misguided philosophies stems from a disbelief in others to build a society that you feel is fair to you, which you could only take the time to construct from the privilege said society has afforded you. the disbelief that other humans can construct social systems that can operate in a way that are somehow better than something as rigid, ugly, clunky, un-scaling as bitcoin is why bitcoin and bitcoiners will never be broadly appealing. to spit whenever you hear "social contracts" is to isolate yourself and your comrades even further from the everyday realities of the working everyday people you desperately want to attract and adopt this nightmare.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Dren posted:

the only one I ever see is the probation kitten

somebody bought him an anime avatar and a pedophile reference custom title, you can see it on his user profile which doesn't have the probation kitten

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

even the star citizen post that got him banned is plagiarized:

Seraph84 posted:

A citizen who has not been completely alienated, who has remained sensitive and able to feel, who has not lost that sense of dignity, who is not yet "for sale", who can still suffer over the suffering of other citizens, who has not acquired fully the having mode of existence - briefly, a citizen who has remained a person and not become a thing – a machine which cannot help feeling lonely, powerless, isolated in modern UEE society. Such a citizen cannot help doubting xermself and xer own convictions, if not xer sanity!

Xhe cannot help suffering, even though xhe can experience moments of joy and clarity that are absent in the life of xer "normal" contemporaries. Not rarely will xhe suffer from neurosis that naturally result from the situation of a sane citizen living in an insane society, rather than that of the more conventional neurosis of a typically sick sentient trying to adapt xermself to a sick intergalactic society. In the process of going further in xer analysis, i.e. of growing to greater independence and productivity, xer neurotic symptoms will cure themselves.

Erich Fromm posted:

A person who has not been completely alienated, who has remained sensitive and able to feel, who has not lost the sense of dignity, who is not yet "for sale", who can still suffer over the suffering of others, who has not acquired fully the having mode of existence - briefly, a person who has remained a person and not become a thing - cannot help feeling lonely, powerless, isolated in present-day society. He cannot help doubting himself and his own convictions, if not his sanity.

[added paragraph break to match his]

He cannot help suffering, even though he can experience moments of joy and clarity that are absent in the life of his "normal" contemporaries. Not rarely will he suffer from neurosis that results from the situation of a sane man living in an insane society, rather than that of the more conventional neurosis of a sick man trying to adapt himself to a sick society. In the process of going further in his analysis, i.e. of growing to greater independence and productivity,his neurotic symptoms will cure themselves.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

amazing

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Heresiarch posted:

somebody bought him an anime avatar and a pedophile reference custom title, you can see it on his user profile which doesn't have the probation kitten

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

was sanserif84 real? or was he an elaborate troll? how much money did lowtax get from this whole affair? did anyone say buttcoin? we may never know...

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

he'll be back in a week to tell us all that it was a performance art piece and that we all played our roles fabulously

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

even the star citizen post that got him banned is plagiarized:

this is funny but why did you read the posts don't read the posts

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Heresiarch posted:

he'll be back in a week to tell us all that it was a performance art piece and that we all played our roles fabulously

Just because you roll in poo poo ironically doesn't mean you're not covered it

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I thought that circumventing a probation is a ban-able offense, so he's as good as permabanned for about 11 years

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Midjack posted:

amazingly sherpa23 got the 100k probation in the starcit thread and not this one

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dren posted:

this is funny but why did you read the posts don't read the posts

well turns out i didn't, i was reading fromm.

but seriously i just copy and pasted the first sentence into google haha

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

seraph didn't even disclose the most important bitcoin information in this thread:

Seraph84 posted:

No my bca is 187 i bought mostly in 2013, although full disclosure i did just buy a bunch more coins in the 200-215 range, in addition to the sweet 160-170s i picked up recently.

no wonder he is mad that the price couldn't possibly break the $200 price floor.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

trucutru posted:

securing the blockchain

does this mean they spent all that money on an unprofitable mining operation

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

does this mean they spent all that money on an unprofitable mining operation

of course!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Wow, so he threw about $42000 in the fireplace recently on bits then, good going

Yeah no wonder he was melting down extra hard

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 27, 2015

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BCA means what?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I think it was a typo of dca

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bit-coin accumulation

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
are there any bitcoin banks where you can deposit bitcoins and earn interest on the deposit?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

BCA means what?

buying cost average, i think. it's a thing where they say it's good to buy while it's crashing because it reduces the average cost you paid for your bitcoins and so when it goes up uP UP, you'll have made even more profit.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Beast of Bourbon posted:

are there any bitcoin banks where you can deposit bitcoins and earn interest on the deposit?

the bank of be your own bank because bitcoin can only go up uP UP

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You see, when you bought 10btc at 10 then another btc at the gox high off 1000, it was still a totally smart decision to buy at the 1000 because it only brought your average up to 100.

Anything at all to desperately hide past mistakes

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

rest in piss bitcoin stymie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

fermun posted:

buying cost average, i think. it's a thing where they say it's good to buy while it's crashing because it reduces the average cost you paid for your bitcoins and so when it goes up uP UP, you'll have made even more profit.

yeah, that's what i thought. so Mercury_Storm is probably wrong about the $42k number.

• Locked thread