Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Toucans are also welcome on Big Boss's Mother Base: Home for Wayward Animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Toucan play at this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZgz_Evdy9A

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

This is Otis. I adopted him two weeks ago from a rescue to be my emotional support animal.

He has fuzzy feet. He helps me do things.

Like work...

Yoga...

Arts & Crafts

And smooshes my face when I'm feeling sad. :3

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Gah, Otis was the dog. Stop breaking my brain.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

Gah, Otis was the dog. Stop breaking my brain.

This was the name he was given by the woman who runs the cat rescue! She wanted to remember that a Mrs. Ota was the person who told her about him, so she named him Otis. Sometimes he gets called Otie. He also answers to Oats McGoats.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

mick ohio posted:

This was the name he was given by the woman who runs the cat rescue! She wanted to remember that a Mrs. Ota was the person who told her about him, so she named him Otis. Sometimes he gets called Otie. He also answers to Oats McGoats.

If he's anything like Belle he also answers to "princess poopybutts" and "whingetron"

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Well, the world is kinda crappy. Here's a picture of my dog, Fry, named because he is remarkably dumb. Antics have included wandering into a crate through an open side and then barking because the door to the front was closed and he forgot how to use the opening he entered from, somehow getting stuck in a tire swing, routinely closing doors and getting stuck in rooms, and hoarding socks.

Surprisingly enough, he's Therapy Dog certified, which was a fun series of challenges from the little doofus. This was taken after he went to "work" in a nursing home, as he was tired and a little chilly. I know, clothes on pets are kinda dumb, but he likes his shirts and vests, plus the residents loved seeing him in it. Apparently, we're at the point where chihuahuas were super common as a family pet during the residents' childhoods, so he's been a great help.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
oh god all those Toucans are adorable(although their eyes are weird looking), that article mentioning that they are legal to buy(at least in South America) makes me wonder how good of pets do they make by bird standards though...(not that I'd buy one since they are really expensive, and are probably pretty high maintenance)

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

mick ohio posted:

This is Otis. I adopted him two weeks ago from a rescue to be my emotional support animal.

Like work...

Yoga...

Arts & Crafts

Otis is awesome. :3: He looks huge.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

drrockso20 posted:

oh god all those Toucans are adorable(although their eyes are weird looking), that article mentioning that they are legal to buy(at least in South America) makes me wonder how good of pets do they make by bird standards though...(not that I'd buy one since they are really expensive, and are probably pretty high maintenance)

I found this page which seems quite informative.

http://adventuresintoucanland.com/2012/04/so-you-think-you-want-a-toucan/

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Animals with 3D jaws/beaks look so awesome

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Buzkashi posted:

Please tell me you have more on Cyber-Turtle.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Buzkashi posted:

"I never asked for this."

Here's my housemate's dog seeing sparklers for the first time.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

mick ohio posted:

So she named him Otis. Sometimes he gets called Otie. He also answers to Oats McGoats.

This is actually my SO's name. And now I am totally going to call him Oats McGoats.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Kavak posted:

Please tell me you have more on Cyber-Turtle.

:v: Actually yes. I posted about him earlier in the thread!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh my god that face is the best face I've ever faced. :kimchi:

Here's Priimus, my/my friend's cat enjoying the warm late summer at grandma's cabin. He looks so content. :3:

EDIT: Forgot to actually link the picture. Hurf.

Nordick has a new favorite as of 14:49 on Aug 27, 2015

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

There's a guy in the bird crazy thread who has an aracari. Definitely seems like a lot of work but you also get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8TKNsLuPo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

mick ohio posted:

Like work...

Yoga...

Arts & Crafts

I'm happy you adopted an older cat, since they tend to get looked over when people go to get a new kitty.

I'm also incredibly impressed you can keep that headstand going while getting headbutted by what looks to be an xbox controller sized head on the giant kitty. Catte bigge.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Geolicious posted:

This is actually my SO's name. And now I am totally going to call him Oats McGoats.

Did you meet him in 1907?

I didn't think people were still named Otis.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Centripetal Horse posted:

Did you meet him in 1907?

I didn't think people were still named Otis.

Indeed they are. At least here in the south they are. He's not the only one I know.

Also Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis named their kid Otis. And he was born like, last year or something.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9MTlGbYUY

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from SAS:

Yesterday was National Dog Day or whatever and the Denver Broncos made and posted this:

:3:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pro click.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MindlessHavok posted:

Crossposting from SAS:

Yesterday was National Dog Day or whatever and the Denver Broncos made and posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwA7BK4-6A

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

mick ohio posted:

Like work...

Yoga...

Arts & Crafts

My name is Otis
I have fuzzy feet
Floof me up and then feed me a treat

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Before you yell "Futurama did it better!", watch until the end.
Great ad (try to avoid taking a peek at the title)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2kDH0MCn4

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Geez...who is cutting onions in the house :(

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ro5s posted:

Otters chasing a butterfly :kimchi:

More otters

Otters rule, I love how adorably goofy they are (plus that squeak is just :kimchi: )

Science and technology rule, I hope this stuff leads to being able to bring back species of animals that are near extinction or have gone extinct in the last 40-50 years.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Sofia again.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Ozz81 posted:

Science and technology rule, I hope this stuff leads to being able to bring back species of animals that are near extinction or have gone extinct in the last 40-50 years.

I've been proven wrong before, but I really don't see anyone Makerbotting a Pyrenean Ibex anytime soon.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

Flakey posted:

Otis is awesome. :3: He looks huge.
I honestly think he might have some Maine Coon in his lineage. He's about 13 pounds right now.

Geolicious posted:

Another option is Oats McScrotes. That happens sometimes, too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm happy you adopted an older cat, since they tend to get looked over when people go to get a new kitty.
Otis turns 3 in two weeks! The rescue had a bunch of kittens, but since I was looking for an emotional support animal, I wanted an older one whose personality was already pretty well formed. Otis was the first cat at the rescue to come up to me and hopped on my lap and stayed for a while. He is a super cuddler. :)

This is how he fell asleep on me last night:

Segmentation Fox posted:

My name is Otis
I have fuzzy feet
Floof me up and then feed me a treat
Ah yes, our daily grooming routine!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

pookerbug posted:

I've been proven wrong before, but I really don't see anyone Makerbotting a Pyrenean Ibex anytime soon.

You never know, maybe not that but some of the other rhino or big cat species that have been wiped out (by humans) in the last decade or two. Would be nice to reverse the damage that jerk poachers have done before everything goes to hell.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sufficiently closely related species and viable DNA available? Maybe. Cloning is still super-unreliable and unpredictable.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Bit of a departure from the cute animals, but here's a video of Laurel and Hardy dancing that's synced up to a Morissey song and it's charmed the pants right off of me.

https://vimeo.com/137226595

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

mcbexx posted:

oh. oh god... :qq:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Sproinggggggg!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24T2ikvryU8

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

pookerbug posted:

I'm thinking of the machine in the Fifth Element that rebuilds Milla Jovovich from a single living cell. Now that I think about it that was essentially an organic 3D printer.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

MindlessHavok posted:

Crossposting from SAS:

something something "Tom Brady used basset hounds"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Has this been posted yet? Dog thinks he's an ambulance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6kcvhc7nk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Beware of bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTMwrAefIVQ

• Locked thread