Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dracula Factory posted:

I need some very leafy, elfy druids. Antlers and scenery are a plus.

The Pillars of Eternity Godlike have some very horny leaf people. Also plenty of other elemental folks.

Also this which was on the forums too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Ruzihm posted:

Here's a meta thing.

"Assonance" asserts articulations all assigned an a-e-i-o-u antecedent affix.

"Consonance" conveys comparable conditions concerning consonants.

And alternating between both can create decently delightful entertaining examples for friends' genuine gratification.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am in need of inspiration regarding fantasy settings. Anyone got cool looking cities and/or maps?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Maps, you say? I love making maps!

Have an Arabian Nights themed map.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm about to run a vampires campaign set in the Byzantine empire starting around the time of Justinian. Do people have any good Mediterranean vampires, or even just the kind of spooky poo poo that makes up world of darkness, but set in that time period?

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
They're supposed to represent parts of lord of the rings, but here are some fantasy eastern orthodox icons.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Fuego Fish posted:

And alternating between both can create decently delightful entertaining examples for friends' genuine gratification.

:golfclap:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am in need of inspiration regarding fantasy settings. Anyone got cool looking cities and/or maps?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

paradoxGentleman posted:

No maps, but I gotcha covered for cities http://imgur.com/a/E9QDf

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The foot of rivers: the best place to put your sprawling capitals, since you can bet they were there since before recorded history and had all the time to birth civilizations. Thanks!

Flagrant Abuse posted:

No maps, but I gotcha covered for cities http://imgur.com/a/E9QDf

This is also cool. I especially like the one with the inner river and the gardens; the building at the center reminds me of the Sidney Opera Theater.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Jakub Rebelka I quite like his gritty fantasy style.

Speaking of this last one, does anyone have any thing similar? Traditional looking "alien races" in a sword and shield fantasy setting?

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 30, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Looking for art of a beastmaster and a beetle or other giant/wolf-sized bug. Ideally in a modern or scifi setting but I won't push my luck too hard there. Preferably male.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

fleshy echidna posted:

They're supposed to represent parts of lord of the rings, but here are some fantasy eastern orthodox icons.

These are rad. Thank you.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Countblanc posted:

Looking for art of a beastmaster and a beetle or other giant/wolf-sized bug. Ideally in a modern or scifi setting but I won't push my luck too hard there. Preferably male.

Dark sun art? I'm on my phone, so I can't post any, but that may be your best bet

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Countblanc posted:

These were the best I could find – and even then, I wouldn't call any of them great fits for what you're looking for. Seems like you have a bit of a "pick two out of three" thing going on.

Maggott

There's a few more of this guy out there, as long as you don't mind him being blue and/or 90s as gently caress.

Izzy & Tentomon

Bug Wrangler by Lance Red

Deviantart from a guy with a bunch of other cool stuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That top one is actually pretty good, thank you very much.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

fleshy echidna posted:

Holy poo poo that's amazing. The witch-king fighting Gandalf?

e: wait, the purple denotes an emperor. Is that Aragorn? Denethor? Rohan King Guy?

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 31, 2015

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Majuju posted:

Anyone have good pictures of shabby-looking knights, paladins, or clerics? Preferably unmounted, preferably armoured, but apart from that pretty open-ended.

Late, but:

For varying definitions of shabby, but all that armor looks like it got some kind of a workout at least.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Grand Prize Winner posted:

e: wait, the purple denotes an emperor. Is that Aragorn? Denethor? Rohan King Guy?
That's blue, not purple; purple in Byzantine icons is more often a deep reddish color.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I'm pretty sure it is but I literally just google searched Russian orthodox icon lord of the rings so what do I know? V:v:V

Also it looks like the eldrazi, everyone's favorite otherworldly from magic the gathering, are making a comeback!

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Majuju posted:

Anyone have good pictures of shabby-looking knights, paladins, or clerics? Preferably unmounted, preferably armoured, but apart from that pretty open-ended.

Check out the comic adaptation of Hedge Knight by George R.R. Martin

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I'm in the market for cities and villages, (preferably distinctly American) from the rough period of the American Revolution/1770's to the Industrial Revolution/late 19th century. Basically stuff that looks like Bioshock Infinite or Assassin's Creed III concept art that's a bit more grounded in reality.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

A request: Byzantine or Greek male wizard/thief, Crusades-ish time?

It's specific, but hopefully I'll get lucky.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Tolan posted:

Not quite right but there you go

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Tolan posted:

Afriscipio fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 4, 2015

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

fleshy echidna posted:

These are from a Russian edition of Lord of the Rings illustrated by Sergey Yuhimov, there are a lot more of them: http://egelantier.tumblr.com/post/85739410808/my-childhood-russian-edition-of-lord-of-the-rings

One day I'm going to find a way to buy this edition :allears:

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

Tolan posted:

Dude Just search Byzantine saints and you won't believe how many wizards pop up,

some of the best here

And my fave

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Droppin off.

source

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Here are two Hex Maps I made for a few recent HexCrawl DCC games, free to anyone who needs a quick map. Nothing fancy but they work.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
A long time ago, I asked the thread for kobold pictures, and one of the suggestions was this fella:

I've been using this picture in an Eberron campaign that is winding down. It was a great success. While our party bumbled its way through the plot and cocked up everything that could possibly be done wrong, my kobold bard and a changeling sorceress were the only ones who didn't die. And yet the party kept getting hired because we were easily incited to violence and easily manipulated by the various movers and shakers on Khorvaire!

My kobold bard also found personal success by using his adventurer wealth and debts owed by some of the more logistically inclined Dragonmarked Houses to found Kobold Solutions, luring kobolds from their dens (in Droaam and elsewhere) to find totally legitimate minimum wage employment in civilized society. Beginning in Breland, seeing kobolds sweeping streets, stocking shelves or working as waiters in lovely diners will become more and more common! Maybe one day he'll actually have kobolds with educations to hire out for more complicated tasks. We also basically conquered a tribe of kobolds in Xen'drik and strong-armed them into fabricating totally authentic Drow/Giant archeological finds to ship to Sharn for sale. Commerce marches on!

The DM was pretty happy to have a character with actual career ambition instead of some terrible secret dark past. Besides, if gnomes and halflings are acceptable in polite society, kobolds should be too.

But that campaign is about over and I'm going to try my hand at playing a tiefling next. I know GISing tieflings brings up shitloads of results so I'd like to narrow it down. I'll be playing a melee type traveling with a showman wizard's show. I'm looking for tiefling pictures where they actually look happy/friendly instead of brooding, snarling or seductive. Alternatively, something with ostentatiously decorated horns. I'm not normally a fan of those tieflings with tiny nub-horns on the forehead. Weaponry is less important, since we tend to just look for cool looking head-shots for the DM to print on his initiative counters.

Edit: Unrelated but every time I leave through the 5e book and see a halfling I get mad. Those proportions. What was wrong with 4e halfling art? :argh:

Edit2: I think this is from a Pathfinder book? Decent start for a tiefling not looking grimdark or barely wearing anything, maybe not quite melee-y enough, but I was thinking something Dex/Cha style, rogue or even Dexadin. Asking for pictures is how I make up my mind about what I'm going to play :shobon:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 9, 2015

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Tieflings you say?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tieflings, eh? Alright, I-

Aw, RPZip beat me to a lot of the best ones. Well, let's see what we've still got. Preferably of the smiling variety.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I'm actually playing a tiefling paladin in a game. I whipped up a design for my character in Heromachine.

It was harder to make than it looks. I still don't feel super comfortable posting it in the same thread with all this actual art, but hey, there it is.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is it a Soulknife?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

No, it's a horse.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
That pony's about to cut a fool.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Back for the last 4e game I was involved in, I ran a Tiefling spellsinger as the mechanics behind someone who was metaphysically kidnapped by a forgotten and transformed into it's herald. I did the lineart, I had a friend color it.

Otto Quasar
May 11, 2015
Does anyone have a good pic of an octopus in a tuxedo? I would very much appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunately, all I have are pictures of this perfectly ordinary family man:

Bonus: