Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'd be okay with some "ladies and dudes who are comfortable with their weight" minis, but not in a military setting.

Some fat cowboy for Legends of the Old West? Hell yeah! (I have one, his name is Bobba Fat.) A fat infantryman? :getout:

They're fine if they're militia. Especially if you've ever seen the informal US border patrol 2nd amendment types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Sure, for a Red Dawn (or Jade Helm) scenario, but those guys aren't really the military. That was more my point.

Also I really want to run a Jade Helm uprising scenario with fat Texan morons now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Doctor Borris posted:

You know, I'm also kinda ok with a sexy mode psyker / wizard or some kind of rear commander that is a support model. Something where maybe a little less clothes could be a personal choice. I'm also fine with, like in Malifaux, they have a undead hooker spirit killed and now out for revenge. I mean once a ghost hits that low in their life, I say dress as they want!

Its the frontline grunt infantry that always annoy me. I dislike the models who are supposed to be tough getting weird clothing passes, especially when their direct compatriots are obviously wearing flak vests or power suits. For example, I'd be fine with Captain Tits in a Catachan Army, when everyone is 'roided up and it looks like a WWE meeting that has gone terribly wrong (right?). Where the whole army is operating under "Rule of Cool".

Topless Ladies welcome!

I'll be in my tent!

She makes me hot.

I kick started the raging heroes TGG1 set and got some of the less terrible models. Many of those that I got were of the Rambo girls faction. The "we can do it!" Tank buster, woman sitting on tank threads with explosives, sniper wearing Mickey Mouse ears, and Lt. standing and pointing are my fave of the bunch. I didn't get it but they also have a pyro model too.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The RH pyro model is inexplicably huge. Like two heads taller than the rest and bulkier to match. It's a shame because it's quite a cool sculpt.

I don't actually own any, but two of my gaming buddies went in quite hard on the Jailbirds faction.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I was drawn in by the necromancy model cuz it reminded me of Psycho Mantis. I was turned off by the boob armor (sucks cuz some of those iron empire models were gorgeous) but there were plenty which weren't as pronounced or were covered up by the guns like the snipers. And the Rambo girls where at least it made more sense.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I'd be okay with some "ladies and dudes who are comfortable with their weight" minis, but not in a military setting.

Some fat cowboy for Legends of the Old West? Hell yeah! (I have one, his name is Bobba Fat.) A fat infantryman? :getout:

Paunchy Cadian officer represent:

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shadeoses posted:

Some miniatures need it more than others.

You laugh, but with his kegel exercises he'll be able to rip a stormcasts dick clean off when he clenches.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shadeoses posted:

:siren:DO NOT gently caress GOBLINS:siren:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Moola posted:

I wanna gently caress those cowboys

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/bigboa.shtml

I Am The Scum
May 8, 2007
The devil made me do it
It's like Fisher Price 40,000.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
No way dude that is rad. Buff sleeveless marines driving a typhoon rocket truck is the coolest idea.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ineptmule posted:

No way dude that is rad. Buff sleeveless marines driving a typhoon rocket truck is the coolest idea.

:agreed:

They look like a couple of cool dudes having a good time

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

They're the Duke Angels :haw:

something something Warboss Hawg

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Im the multi-melta dude with an arm so buff that he has a huge mold line vein running down the side of it :c00l:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Why are the bases that ugly green?

Did he ever think of thining them paints, or "yeah, can't seen any wrinkles on this surcoat anymore, whatever" is an OK attitude for him?

DID HE PAINT THE TRUCK WITH HIS BUTT?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Next, on Codex: Custodes Mortis

Gotta trademark them Deathwatch

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

:toot: YOUNG MAN! IF YOU'RE SHORT ON YOUR DOUGH! :toot:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

The best 40k pic I've ever seen.

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Social Justice Battlemage

Oh, for real now? I know that in the grim darkness of the future there is only war, but christ, talk about being tone def.

Like, did it never occur to the author of this diorama that menacing armymans clad in all black armor, executing unarmed civilians might be a little bit... I don't know, tasteless.

I mean, you show this to someone who does not know anything about 40k and they gonna think that maybe this is an art piece commenting on ruthlessness of imperialism/colonialism and morally corrupt brutality of modern war... And then the author is gonna be like:

"No, no, no. You see, the dudes in black armor are the good guys. They are the faction I play, and they are really awesome. They are like the pure master race or ultimate soldiers. The guys who got shot were some filthy heretics who were worshiping the wrong kinds of gods, instead of The Emperor."

And at this point the other person excuses themselves, and escapes through the bathroom window.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
What bothers me is that the marines are all based. So they're not even necessarily a part of the diorama. Like, for all we know, they're just advancing on an objective this turn and *happened* to be approaching the building with the massacre victims lined up against it because it is blocking line of sight to the falcon grav tank with a crying orgasming girl on it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

On the other side of that wall is the Eldar rape scene

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The wall really needs "MARINES OU" graffiti.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

Why are the bases that ugly green?
Are you talking poo poo about goblin green bases? :colbert:

:cripes: Really? Goddamnit.

PantsOptional posted:

The wall really needs "MARINES OU" graffiti.
Nah, it's "MARINES LOL" and it would definitely improve that thing.

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

What bothers me is that the marines are all based. So they're not even necessarily a part of the diorama. Like, for all we know, they're just advancing on an objective this turn and *happened* to be approaching the building with the massacre victims lined up against it because it is blocking line of sight to the falcon grav tank with a crying orgasming girl on it.

That almost makes it worse, because someone went: you know what we need for our table? A mini diorama where some unarmed civilians have been executed by a firing squad.

And then someone decided to photograph their space marines of the Maximum Dark Edge chapter lined up as the execution squad in front of that diorama.

On the other side of that wall is the Eldar rape scene

Ugh! You know, compared to the rape thing this is almost less disturbing, if only for the reason that the author probably did not jerk off to this diorama while making it. Probably.

Safety Factor posted:

Are you talking poo poo about goblin green bases? :colbert:

I'm fairly sure Goblin Green bases thing was started by the Evy Metal team, back when they would photograph the warham minis on a lovely pool table felt mat against lopsided paper-craft buildings. I miss those days.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm pretty sure they are wearing fatigues and have pieces of flak armour, so they are not civilians but military personnel
:goonsay:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, looks like they're executing some traitor guard. Or maybe just some they have different opinions to.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys do know that, right there throughout the fluff, is executions of guardsmen for cowardice like... constantly? They're led by literal nazis in black trenchcoats and nazi hats whose jobs are basically to wave a sword at the enemy, and shoot their own troops at the first sign of maybe thinking about retreating.

The unrealistic part of that diorama isn't the guardsmen being shot, it's that someone bothered the space marines to do it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Commissars are Soviet, yo. Not literal Nazis.

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Leperflesh posted:

You guys do know that, right there throughout the fluff, is executions of guardsmen for cowardice like... constantly? They're led by literal nazis in black trenchcoats and nazi hats whose jobs are basically to wave a sword at the enemy, and shoot their own troops at the first sign of maybe thinking about retreating.

The unrealistic part of that diorama isn't the guardsmen being shot, it's that someone bothered the space marines to do it.

Point taken. But why would you want to model a summary execution by a firing squad anyway? Like, what kind of person goes: hey, you know what this hero space-fantasy battle game needs? Some realistic depictions of war atrocities.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Reset by Peer posted:

Point taken. But why would you want to model a summary execution by a firing squad anyway? Like, what kind of person goes: hey, you know what this hero space-fantasy battle game needs? Some realistic depictions of war atrocities.
The same kind of person who makes an Eldar rape diorama.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Reset by Peer posted:

I don't think it's entirely built as a firing squad diorama. It looks like the building's terrain with a dead guard squad and someone's just lined up their marines for a 2edgy photo.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Reset by Peer posted:

Yeah, that's the real issue with it. There are all sorts of horrifying graphic details written in the fluff but what makes 40k palatable as a game and not a parade of horrors is that it's not visually depicted in the actual figures. Closest you get are like... rotting nurgle things, maybe.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I can see making such dioramas as good intentioned war atrocity art statements, especially since a lot of war gamers forget what it is their factions actually do. What I don't get is wanting to play with such a diorama, outside of maybe performance art, as a regular part of the terrain as it looks like it is.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Apollodorus posted:

Commissars are Soviet, yo. Not literal Nazis.

Fictional Soviet commissars at that, as real commissars did not actually do that. It was propaganda the Nazis stated and after the war, the West had no reason to debunk it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Fictional Soviet commissars at that, as real commissars did not actually do that. It was propaganda the Nazis stated and after the war, the West had no reason to debunk it.

Yeah well I saw this documentary starring Jude Law that totally says that they did :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Not a viking posted:

Yeah well I saw this documentary starring Jude Law that totally says that they did :colbert:

Yeah, the same on that says they didn't have enough Mosins to go around. It's totally accurate! :v: