Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yesssssssssss another Buffum's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Oh poo poo, my mistake! I just saw "Live at [somewhere in LA]" and took a running leap to conclusionland.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
hey

hey yous guys

have you seen spidermun

have you seen spidermun 2

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hot drat was Superego live fantastic tonight in NY. Look forward to an amazing Amazing Spidermun2 sketch. I hope it translates to audio, because goddamn was Mark showing up wearing an ill-fitting Spider-Man mask in the middle of a Sony board meeting incredible.

Also, RIPossible Pistol Shrimps Radio, a great run and definitely my go-to source for silliness lately. Hope they come back for another season, I'm dying to see those ESPN photos of them.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 25, 2015

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Did that Stetch Maldonay thing get posted in a different thread? I can't find it in this one.

Oh well, whatever. If anyone doesn't know, it was a sketch that went on for nearly 40 minutes and it's goddamn hilarious. They had no idea how to edit it down to something manageable so they just made the original tracks available and left it up to others to edit and they are gonna use the best one they receive. Here's the winner(s): http://www.gosuperego.com/tag/stetch-maldonay/

If you want to listen to the full 40 minutes, they for some reason didn't put up a combined track for people who just want to listen to it. It's not hard to do at all but why do it yourself if someone else has done it, so here's a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4pr34ugr8v3k7y/Stetch%20Maldonay.wav?dl=0

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jun 26, 2015

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Did that Stetch Maldonay thing get posted in a different thread? I can't find it in this one.

Oh well, whatever. If anyone doesn't know, it was a sketch that went on for nearly 40 minutes and it's goddamn hilarious. They had no idea how to edit it down to something manageable so they just made the original tracks available and left it up to others to edit and they are gonna use the best one they receive. Here's the winner(s): http://www.gosuperego.com/tag/stetch-maldonay/

If you want to listen to the full 40 minutes, they for some reason didn't put up a combined track for people who just want to listen to it. It's not hard to do at all but why do it yourself if someone else has done it, so here's a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4pr34ugr8v3k7y/Stetch%20Maldonay.wav?dl=0

Those edits are good but the 40 minute raw audio is amazing. Too bad the woman isn't funny.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I just started listening to Superego (starting on season 3) and lemme tell ya: I'm a woman.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The last PSR of the season had a 20-point comeback and as a result a frightening amoung of actual basketball play-by-play. They got super into the game instead of loving around like usual, it was adorable.

I really hope they somehow manage to cover the Pistol Shrimps game at The Basketball Tournament. From the description I was hoping they're facing Team Grantland (hearing the guys react to ridicilous Jason Williams passes would be amazing) but they're actually up against a team that is coached by Nick Young of all people.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I've never been a sports man person but hot god drat was that a nailbiter.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hope Matt reacting to inaduible off-mic Tig happens next... season?

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
"Dirty Banks and His Country Skanks will be playing Roosters Cock and Bar" I agree with Mark that might be my favorite thing Matt Gourley has ever said.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

The last PSR of the season had a 20-point comeback and as a result a frightening amoung of actual basketball play-by-play.

Is this the 7/7 or 7/2 ep?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The most recent.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Superego and PSR are ruining my life. I have developed an uncontrollable urge to spoonerise everything.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
That's not something people do.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

The most recent.

I realized after I posted that it was a pretty dumb question but then again they said the season was over and then came back a week (or two?) later so who knows.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yeah, the last two games were lower division playoffs.
http://www.laparks.org/dos/sports/basketball/spr2015/w.pdf

also here's the stream for The Basketball Tournament if anyone cares, Piston Shrimps are playing tonight at 10:30 EDT
http://portal.stretchinternet.com/tbt/

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 10, 2015

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wow this last game was a bummer. The other team seemed like assholes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This newest episode was too Sports for me and not enough Silly. Though I loved when Matt got genuinely angry and yelled "DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" at one of the players.

Also, on the Superego Twitter they say a new episode is coming together. Pumped.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

feedmyleg posted:

Also, on the Superego Twitter they say a new episode is coming together. Pumped.

Speak of the devil. Pistol Shrimps Radio, the show that just wont die!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oh nice, I couldn't get the On Demand thing on the tournament site to give me the right game, glad they pulled this off.

Also if you thought the previous episode had too much hoops talk because it was close they lost this one by 100+ points.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

oh nice, I couldn't get the On Demand thing on the tournament site to give me the right game, glad they pulled this off.

Also if you thought the previous episode had too much hoops talk because it was close they lost this one by 100+ points.

What a strange tournament.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Haven't seen anyone mention it, but the Superego Cinema they put out for Star Wars 5 a few weeks back is absolutely worth every penny. Just watched the movie last night with the commentary track and it's fantastic. Hoping they do a few more of these from time to time.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This week's Spontaneanation has PFT/Matt Gourley/Mark McConville on the improv section, and it's pretty snappy outside of PFT breaking like constantly.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
New ep tomorrow according to Facebook

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

carnal sanders

C- ep

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Dear God, out of the gate the first sketch has one of the best Paul F. Tompkins laughs. Like, The Travel Bug-level good.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
New episode started off really good and finished kinda weak. Overall I'm just glad there was a new episode. Shoutout to the single "I'm a woman" callback.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

caligulamprey posted:

Dear God, out of the gate the first sketch has one of the best Paul F. Tompkins laughs. Like, The Travel Bug-level good.

Laughing off mic has always been one of my favorite PFT things. Actually, it might be PFT laughing anytime anywhere. I'd love to hear the completely unedited version of that sketch.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

veteran babies, reporting for cutie

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Reformed Pissboy posted:

veteran babies, reporting for cutie

it's me, infant-ry

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Green Beretby and Infant-ry were definitely my favorite part of that sketch. With Black Manta's impersonations as a strong second.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just as I thought that joke had run it's course he had an impersonation with a jingle.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Everyone at least get the free trial for the Howl app, cause Superego Forgotten Classics are wonderful.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Aug 17, 2015

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

HMS Beagle posted:

Everyone at least get the free trial for the Howl app, cause Superego Forgotten Classics are wonderful.

The Red Badge of Courage has been amazing.
I love it when they crack each other up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The "last character name" comment was easily my favorite break of the episode. Big fan of these, especially since they include the secondary wrap-up episodes. I want a Moby Dick one so bad.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 20, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

The "last character name" comment was easily my favorite break of the episode. Big fan of these, especially since they include the secondary wrap-up episodes. I want a Moby Dick one so bad.

It'd be a good one, but there's no way all of them would be ignorant enough about it, unfortunately.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 21, 2015

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

It'd be a good one, but there's no way all of them would be ignorant enough about it, unfortunately.

Yeah, I just listened to the Wuthering Heights wrap-up and they specifically pointed out that they have too much cultural knowledge of it, and said the same with Dune. Can't wait to see what sci-fi one they end up picking.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to see what sci-fi one they end up picking.

According to Matt Gourley's twitter, it's going to be Stranger In A Strange Land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

docbeard posted:

According to Matt Gourley's twitter, it's going to be Stranger In A Strange Land.

They probably won't be able to out-weird the original, in this case. I can't wait to hear that behind the bonus where they find out how hosed up that book gets, though. I have no idea how that thing became considered "literature".

• Locked thread