Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Chris Benoit murdered stray cats in every city he traveled to.

I heard Kevin or Kerry Von Erich killed a cat at the Sportatorium by throwing a circular saw blade at it. Which one changes depending on who tells the story.

goc fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

goc posted:

Raw still has a weekly audience of around 4 million people. There are definitely still plenty of people who just watch Raw and maybe make a facebook post or a few tweets about it while Raw is on and then forget about it until next week, like any other TV show.

They haven't really gone to shows for a long, long time, though. How many years have they been tarping off entire sections at house shows and SD tapings? 10? 12? 13?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

goc posted:

I heard Kevin or Kerry Von Erich killed a cat at the Sportatorium by throwing a circular saw blade at it. Which one changes depending on who tells the story.

dave confirmed the kerry killing a cat with the von erich claw in the locker room story

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

The most terrifying Haunted House - the ghost of TNA.

The first thing you hear upon entering that house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbeLpwdIsck

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nut Bunnies posted:

They haven't really gone to shows for a long, long time, though. How many years have they been tarping off entire sections at house shows and SD tapings? 10? 12? 13?

They did at the SD! taping I went to in early 2004. A big cone behind and pointing towards the hard cam was taped off. probably an eighth of the seats, and this in a 11000 seat arena (for basketball, probably 9-10 for WWE)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Does TNA have enough people on the roster to do a Village People-themed stable? If so, this.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Does TNA have enough people on the roster to do a Village People-themed stable? If so, this.

They could have done that with the Revolution. They had a cowboy and an Indian (albeit not the same type of Indian), and they could have split up the remaining roles between the remaining members.

And I say that last bit because I can't remember all the roles portrayed in the Village People or the members of the Revolution. I think there was a biker, a cop, and a construction worker.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

They could have done that with the Revolution. They had a cowboy and an Indian (albeit not the same type of Indian), and they could have split up the remaining roles between the remaining members.

And I say that last bit because I can't remember all the roles portrayed in the Village People or the members of the Revolution. I think there was a biker, a cop, and a construction worker.

Jeff Jarrett could have been the leather daddy.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Grendels Dad posted:

AJ didnt like it though...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Red is Dead posted:

AJ didnt like it though...

Jay Lethal, however, would have been all for it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

2 for 1 on people that just don't get it today.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ShootaBoy posted:

2 for 1 on people that just don't get it today.

I have always seen the pictures from this site pop up, and they always confuse me, Is it just one person or is it like a community of people?

and if it is a community, how did a group of people learn to share the worst opinions on wrestling ever?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The_Rob posted:

and if it is a community, how did a group of people learn to share the worst opinions... ever?

This is literally 97% of tumblr

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's a small group of people that take anonymous confessions from all of tumblr.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I kinda get the crying and hugging thing, if it happens again the next time a woman wins the title it will be too much in my books.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't think they deliberately try to overdo it, but with how charlotte's ended up having three 'last' matches in like 2 months due to plans changing, it does come off a little like they do it all the time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The only thing I would've changed was have them do the hugging and curtain call, and then all three start beating down on Bayley just for old times' sake

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Who will the NXT Kliq bury and why

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DynamiteKidd posted:

Nia Jax; racism

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DynamiteKidd posted:

themselves

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

DynamiteKidd posted:

Blue Pants. Not blue enough pants.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

I don't really care about the person's taste in wrestling, but did they just not watch Raw or Smackdown for 6 weeks before Summerslam?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tbh I would have put Owens/Cesaro earlier on the card too

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Tbh I would have put Owens/Cesaro earlier on the card too

I think it's more the swap it with Shaemus/Orton thing that's meant to be outrageous. How one can complain about a match being devoid of hype and then say it should have swapped card positions with Orton/Shaemus is bizarre.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

A lot of people in this very forum forgot about Owens/Cesaro and thought Brock/Taker had to be going a full hour

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
They kind of have to put Sheamus on as early as possible to keep the idea of him cashing in on the back of our minds though

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I think it's more the swap it with Shaemus/Orton thing that's meant to be outrageous. How one can complain about a match being devoid of hype and then say it should have swapped card positions with Orton/Shaemus is bizarre.

The Cesaro/Owens match would've gotten a much better crowd reaction had it been on first.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Sanguinia posted:

Owens/Cesaro went on at the traditional death slot, the last match before the main event. Orton/Sheamus was meant to be the hot opener. Owens/Cesaro going on first at the PPV would have been a big improvement.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

81sidewinder posted:

Owens/Cesaro went on at the traditional death slot, the last match before the main event. Orton/Sheamus was meant to be the hot opener. Owens/Cesaro going on first at the PPV would have been a big improvement.

Agreed. We all forgot it was happening and thought Taker was going to have a half hour entrance. It would've been a hotter open for a NYC crowd and nothing would've been lost sticking Orton/Sheamus in the death spot. It's not like putting it there wasn't going to get people trashing it like they did.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca: Why is it "Cool" to Hate TNA?
http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/08/why-is-it-cool-to-hate-tna.html

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quote:

We are not part of that livelihood as nobody who runs TNAMecca or writes for us makes money off of TNA.  Again, we make no money at all here.
are you sure you're not part of that tna livelihood, even in like a spiritual sense

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Meanwhile, over at Pro Wrestling Only, some poster thinks Meltzer's star ratings are serious god drat business, not to mention "a definite blotch on his credibility" :

quote:

shouldn't matter but Meltzer gave Cena v Rollins at SS the same rating as Bayley v Sasha at Takeover

*dismisses his opinion for life*

quote:

I can't really fathom how Cena/Rollins can be considered better unless you for some reason loving love Jon Stewart and always wanted to see him do something in WWE, which consists of apprximately zero people. It was complete crap for gawker shares and that's why I'm surprised and disappointed such a prominent critic (THE wrestling critic, he practically writes the history books folks) would rate it so highly.

Taker/Brock had a questionable ending too and there is the question of "should Brock lose to Taker in the first place?" but as a complete package, blew Cena-Rollins out of the loving park. Even if the wrestling in Cena v Rollins was more crisp or whatever, one of my least favourite match endings ever and it stands out more than most things. Like if he rates the Bucks/IWGP Junior Tag matches 4 and a quarter or whatever, good for him! I would call it overrating, but I appreciate a good spot-fest when done right, and groan when people whinge over and over about them. But this? Near-perfect? Do me a favour..

quote:

The very night before though, Bayley v Sasha WAS near-perfect though and gets given the same rating. There's only one increment between 4.5 and 5 so yes I think people equate that rating as being near perfect.

The wrestling before hand in Cena/Rollins was servicably fluent and crisp but it didn't tell much of a story like Brock v Taker or Bayley v Sasha. Jon Stewart, even if you like the idea of him being the deciding factor in a god drat title v title match (who's next? Ellen Degeneres gonna decide Wrestlemania's main event?), he nearly hosed the spot up (he ran up to Cena at first, then to Rollins, then back to Cena when surely he should be putting over the tease of that he was really gonna hit Rollins, THEN he nearly took the chair out of the ring with him before the decisive spot.) It was a complete shitwreck and a definite blotch on his credibility in my eyes, giving it anything more than 3 and a half is massively pushing it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They're doubly dumb because Cena vs Rollins was a great match so even if you take star ratings seriously it was still accurate

I loved Sasha vs Bayley but some of the spots in the match were completely hosed up (like the one where Sasha somehow didn't paralyze herself) so 'near perfect' seems pretty right to me.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Dawg might be onto something regarding the GFW attendance drop

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dave is a really huge fan of seth rollins and takes every opportunity to praise him so it's pretty easy to understand why he likes his matches a great deal

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Last I checked Seth has the highest weighted average star rating of any non-Japanese ever, Dave really loves the guy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Meanwhile, over at Pro Wrestling Only, some poster thinks Meltzer's star ratings are serious god drat business, not to mention "a definite blotch on his credibility" :

He's Right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well not on the Big Dave's Credibility because who seriously cares about ratings. but the Taker match was better and Cena/Rollins had a far worse ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alain Post posted:

Cena/Rollins had a far worse ending

completely disagree