Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Chichevache posted:

Nope. gently caress anyone who "drives" a motorcycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

To be fair that looks like the world's most amazing go-kart.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I hope there's an engine on each side and it steers by modulating the throttles.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Catching up on the thread; glad to see Captain Orbital didn't get any real damage. :unsmith:

Also, re: Millennial Chat, from reading a biography of John Adams, the 2nd US President, he and his wife corresponded often which gives historians both a look into their personalities and life in the late 1700s. Adams at one point went on a rant about KIDS, THESE DAYS!!! :argh: so if people in 1790 were doing it, we'll be doing it for the rest of time.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
It's because anyone under 30 is irrevocably prone to dumb, this has been the way of the world forever.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Someone local is selling that purple and green Kawak from the Croatian video. I am so ready to drop $2200 on it. It's so clean and so pretty. :swoon:

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
So some oval office(s) tried to steal my bike Thursday night. My neighbour got up to go to work at about 3AM on Friday, noticed a load of garages had been busted open (the garages are all in a lot, separate to the houses). One of them mine. He knocked on the door to let me know. The bike was still in the garage, nothing taken. With some trouble, I managed to get the garage shut and locked and went back to bed. When I got up for work I couldn't actually get the key to turn one of the locks on the garage, so I got the bus instead. We parked a car against the garage last night to stop them if they returned. Today, when I was sorting out the locks and planning new security, I noticed the handlebars turned freely. I checked and yes, I did engage the steering lock and upon inspection, they'd broken it, loving up the yoke at the same time. They had a go at the ignition but apparently couldn't suss it. Now it's hosed up and won't turn anymore.

My local shop came and picked it up just now. Fun times.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Does anyone know if those external steering locks (the big bar ones, kinda like you see for cars) are any more effective when it comes to not getting broken?

I've seen them on a bunch of maxi scooters and one spot tourer, it at least seems like they'd be a better deterrent to idiots who don't know poo poo about bikes yanking the bars around until it breaks. Obviously less convenient though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, re: Millennial Chat, from reading a biography of John Adams, the 2nd US President, he and his wife corresponded often which gives historians both a look into their personalities and life in the late 1700s. Adams at one point went on a rant about KIDS, THESE DAYS!!! :argh: so if people in 1790 were doing it, we'll be doing it for the rest of time.
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Quote from the ancient Greek play The Clouds from around 400 BC. :hist101:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If there is anything to be learned from that, it's that adults have terribly rose tinted memories of children

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Does anyone know if those external steering locks (the big bar ones, kinda like you see for cars) are any more effective when it comes to not getting broken?

I've seen them on a bunch of maxi scooters and one spot tourer, it at least seems like they'd be a better deterrent to idiots who don't know poo poo about bikes yanking the bars around until it breaks. Obviously less convenient though.

You mean like The Club? Couple of minutes with a hacksaw = gone.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Annual reminder to yell at myself for not wearing sunscreen on what ended up a a long day on the bike and getting sunburned on the back of my neck :/

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Embrace the redneck.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

You mean like The Club? Couple of minutes with a hacksaw = gone.

In the UK, all of the bicycle thieves have battery powered angle grinders. It kind of limits your practical options for bike locks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

Annual reminder to yell at myself for not wearing sunscreen on what ended up a a long day on the bike and getting sunburned on the back of my neck :/

I always get this weird stripe tan on the gap between my gloves and jacket sleeve

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I always get this weird stripe tan on the gap between my gloves and jacket sleeve

Went for a long ride one Labor Day with a pair of jeans that fit a little loose. Had a 1" strip of sunburn across my lower back/upper butt where the jacket and pants gaped. And a tan line that was visible until Thanksgiving.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Backov posted:

In the UK, all of the bicycle thieves have battery powered angle grinders. It kind of limits your practical options for bike locks.

Yep, coupled with the fact most people mind their own business day light robbery is very much a thing. I've seen a few videos of people fake stealing their own bike with pliers and grinders completely scott-free, plus who's gonna mess with a guy wielding a bladed power tool? The police sure can't do bugger all unless they see it first hand.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
So I was on another site (not sure if we can name other sites but it's a major social site serving similar purposes to this one) and in their motorcycle subforum, a motorcycle hate subforum was mentioned. I was surprised. I mean, I've seen sexist, racist, and other hateful subforums there but motorcyclehate? How can a person even! So I check it out and it's really just like 1 or 2 guys posting videos of squids either being loving idiots (not just squiddly but super-dumb) or bikers loving with cagers or cagers loving up bikers. Anyway, the dude just has all these videos collected on a subforum actually called motorcyclehate and I just stopped to think...holy poo poo...this guy actually just sits there, seething about motorcycles. What the gently caress happened? Did some LPSL neighbor end up loving his wife or some crazy poo poo?

If I'm allowed to link it, I will, but I'm pretty sure no one will have any issues finding it based on the description I gave.

Edit: I remember seeing mention of Reddit here before so yeah, it was https://reddit.com/r/motorcyclehate. Dude's insane.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Verge posted:

So I was on another site (not sure if we can name other sites but it's a major social site serving similar purposes to this one) and in their motorcycle subforum, a motorcycle hate subforum was mentioned. I was surprised. I mean, I've seen sexist, racist, and other hateful subforums there but motorcyclehate? How can a person even! So I check it out and it's really just like 1 or 2 guys posting videos of squids either being loving idiots (not just squiddly but super-dumb) or bikers loving with cagers or cagers loving up bikers. Anyway, the dude just has all these videos collected on a subforum actually called motorcyclehate and I just stopped to think...holy poo poo...this guy actually just sits there, seething about motorcycles. What the gently caress happened? Did some LPSL neighbor end up loving his wife or some crazy poo poo?

If I'm allowed to link it, I will, but I'm pretty sure no one will have any issues finding it based on the description I gave.

Edit: I remember seeing mention of Reddit here before so yeah, it was https://reddit.com/r/motorcyclehate. Dude's insane.

post reported. mods, pls ban for talking about reddit

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I made a text post like "show us on the doll where the motorcycle touched you" and it was gone instantly.

This poor guy...bless his heart....what a beautiful child of god....the poor creatur

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Saw this genius today.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I like the disappointed look of the motorcycle cop behind them.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

nsaP posted:

I made a text post like "show us on the doll where the motorcycle touched you" and it was gone instantly.

This poor guy...bless his heart....what a beautiful child of god....the poor creatur

hahahahahaa; beautiful, quality post.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ghostnuke posted:

Saw this genius today.

I don't get it, he's going through the intersection?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

While holding a giant box in his right arm.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
You could see that? My picture won't enhance enough

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Took me a minute to see it too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I missed that, my brain filed the box away as part of the background.

I will say I ride home from the dealership with new tires around my waist once

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
ZOOM ENHANCE ZOOM ENHANCE

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

quote:

R9. This is a circlejerk, as such: Stay on topic, any motorcycle riders or sympathizers will be banned.

Sounds like you were asking for it, dressed like that in motorcycle hate.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hahahahaha top stuff!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A badge of honor.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
To be honest I'm thinking that it's run by a rider just doing an over the top satire.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Any sufficiently advanced satire is indistinguishable from honesty.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've never seen that phrasing of poe's law before, it's good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
My favorite post in there was the guy who totaled his car because the sight of a motorcycle made him panic and lose control, like a golden retriever puppy slipping in a puddle of its own urine on the linoleum of a pet store in its haste to bark at every small animal in a cage.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motophobia?

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

nsaP posted:

To be honest I'm thinking that it's run by a rider just doing an over the top satire.

I messaged the mod. He's serious but doesn't hate 'the good ones' (anti-squids with quiet pipes, etc.) is what I gathered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

As a rider I have to confess that is also dislike squids and Harley's without mufflers. But to go out of your way to make a shrine to your loathing is just going beyond.