Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Running through MGS3 now. I picked up the SVD and shot The End on the dock since I'd never done that before. Now I feel like kind of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Running through MGS3 now. I picked up the SVD and shot The End on the dock since I'd never done that before. Now I feel like kind of a dick.

less dickish than setting the system date ahead two weeks and having him die of natural causes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Watching the wheel chair go airborne in a different direction from him made me laugh so hard I shot beer out of my nose the first time I did it

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think I've ever actually had the normal battle with The End. I always loved how you could actually bypass a boss fight by killing the dude ahead of time. It's such an underused concept that tends to only appear in creative games...well at least in the original Deus Ex.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

I don't think I've ever actually had the normal battle with The End. I always loved how you could actually bypass a boss fight by killing the dude ahead of time. It's such an underused concept that tends to only appear in creative games...well at least in the original Deus Ex.

The actual sniper battle with The End is actually one of the best boss fights I have ever played. I did it with two guys I knew in the barracks and the 40 inch TV we had, with them kind of working as spotters trying to find his drat bird to clue us in on his location. It was a pretty intense couple of hours that night trying to kill that old gently caress

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

You can also just bring him to really low health there and it'll carry over to the boss fight.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

The actual sniper battle with The End is actually one of the best boss fights I have ever played. I did it with two guys I knew in the barracks and the 40 inch TV we had, with them kind of working as spotters trying to find his drat bird to clue us in on his location. It was a pretty intense couple of hours that night trying to kill that old gently caress

I know I've never played it, but I've heard lots of people refer to it as one of their all time favorites. I'm doing a PW play through right now but I'll have to replay MGS3 eventually. Getting used to no radar was always a pain for me with that...and the original camera system.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWE5aqTjZQ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNhFha_mdM

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This is beautiful

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So I'm at the part of MGS3 after the motorcycle chase, knocked out Eva with a tranq dart since it's less complicated to carry her. Having a good chuckle at the usual sleep mumbles she makes about "fun" with Snake and the Boss and then heard one I hadn't before:

"Oh Fido, that feels so good."

:stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

got a little tired of diamond doggy so i made this

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A composer on reddit put together an orchestra to perform Quiet's Theme. It's actually pretty wonderful.
https://soundcloud.com/kevinheiland/quiets-theme

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Quiet's instagram is really glamorous.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just reserved PC version as well because of the rumors you can get it at 8am est on monday.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/durzo_blint/

That's my steam community id, dunno how to friend me from there.

Also got the special rocket arm (sans rocket) edition coming on tuesday from amazon. PSN: xwonderboyx

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watched a stream last night and with no spoilers all I can say is the level design I'm scale and layout and depth to Mother base and R&D is astonishing. It's everything were hoping it will be. I had to force myself to cut the stream otherwise I could have just watched it all night. It was that great to watch...helped it wasn't Miller too.

I mean gently caress I want to weekend to already be over. lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:3:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Never not be petting dogge.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I think it's acceptable to temporarily stop petting dogge when you're slaying muj

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN470wKT9PM

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I think it's acceptable to temporarily stop petting dogge when you're slaying muj

:vince:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

@Konami
MGSV:TPP @steam_games Launch & Load Starts Sept. 1 U.S. 12:00 AM EST/9:00 pm PST Get It Now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Still don't understand why there's no PC preload. I don't think the encryption has been broken yet and you just know the executable is going to be cracked on the first day anyways.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Still don't understand why there's no PC preload. I don't think the encryption has been broken yet and you just know the executable is going to be cracked on the first day anyways.

beccause the second it's online then you're going to have a shitload of torrents for it, with the ReLOAD crack or w/e

it's going to be torrented no matter what, but it's been proven the longer you can keep it off of pirate bay, the more sales you get

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
But the preload isn't straight access to the game. Steam withholds necessary files right up until the game is unlocked.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Leather Bear posted:

But the preload isn't straight access to the game. Steam withholds necessary files right up until the game is unlocked.

people have worked around it before

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://kojima.pessoal.ws/

2 days. 20 hours. 49 minutes.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
every moto video from now on has to have that song.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://kojima.pessoal.ws/

2 days. 20 hours. 49 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqaGF-8xw8

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

people have worked around it before

Source? Encrypted Steam pre-loads were still (as yet) untouched afaik because even if you managed to decrypt the blob prior to steam releasing the key (no one has) it's still missing key files.

pre-launch leaks are almost always from physical media, and I don't think a single leak has occurred from an [encrypted] steam pre-load

there isn't any good reason steam isn't doing pre-loads and it's likely a deal between konami and sony to offer the pre-load as a perk on psn

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm pretty sure Steam pre-loads omit the executable and steam_api.dll

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

How many dogs can I have on my eff oh bee? This is important.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I think along with D-Dogge you can also fulton other wolves? Seems like that would be possible since you can fulton any other animal in the game.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

How many dogs can I have on my eff oh bee? This is important.

theres dd so thats one for sure. theyre trying to get likeness rights of your mother and that would bring it up to two

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

theres dd so thats one for sure. theyre trying to get likeness rights of your mother and that would bring it up to two

:ocelot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Ordered my ps4, collectors edition with robo hand and collectors guide are all on the way. Here's to hoping it'll all get here on the first. Walmart still doesn't say when they'll get me the game. If all else fails I'll just play on PC until then. Can't loving wait for this god drat game.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Mike-o posted:

I think along with D-Dogge you can also fulton other wolves? Seems like that would be possible since you can fulton any other animal in the game.

One of the vids I saw that got pulled down showed the guy fultoning two wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone's gonna jerk off with that robot hand, aren't they?

• Locked thread