Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

yo momma so poor she can't afford to pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Unless posted:

yo momma so poor she can't afford to pay attention

she's not poor, that's just dementia

:smith:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://soundcloud.com/nickprince/yospos-bitch/s-fyhzJ

chipspeech is fun. so is patterning.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
https://twitter.com/snares/status/636380520255852545

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
they say the neon lights are bright on broadway

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
woot new logic update with alchemy just dropped

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

Trig Discipline posted:

woot new logic update with alchemy just dropped

how hard would it be to get mainstage into an ableton set

or maybe I should just try out logic

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no idea, i don't really ableton

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dessert Rose posted:

how hard would it be to get mainstage into an ableton set

or maybe I should just try out logic

logic is better than ableton

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if ur on osx and not using logic for ur daw idk what your'e doing with ouyr life

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

if ur on osx and not using logic for ur daw idk what your'e doing with ouyr life

honestly I like bitwig a lot more wrt interface but logic is my backup

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
if you'Re on osx, your life is already poo poo

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

i have a push so i use ableton. i don't think anything else works as well with it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
should I buy one of those Moog theremins y/n

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Tayter Swift posted:

should I buy one of those Moog theremins y/n

if you do get one used as theyre most of the time used less than 2 hours and you save like 150$

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
That's exactly wheat I'd expect to happen with mine

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wayfinder posted:

if you'Re on osx, your life is already poo poo

hmmm yeha i'll relyin on asio drivers for audio - said no one ever lmao

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Tayter Swift posted:

That's exactly wheat I'd expect to happen with mine

then buy a new one, then when it inevitably collects dust, call me and i'll buy it off you

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

sick filthy nasty oscillations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV0-JYYfm5A

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Reaktor 6 is on the way, finally. NI accidentally published some info on it. All i really want is an improved ui for connections

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
bitwig and izotope had some cross-promo where you could get iris 2 for $119, so i did that. it's pretty frickin' fun, i can see where this weekend is going

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

that there is a hot jam.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ill get bitwig at some point I'm sure but I got numerology this week it is fun but I've barely scratched the surface

does bitwig support au yet or is that a 2.0 thing

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tayter Swift posted:

ill get bitwig at some point I'm sure but I got numerology this week it is fun but I've barely scratched the surface

does bitwig support au yet or is that a 2.0 thing

not yet, dangit, and i really want my sinevibes plugs to work

i was really hoping that the inclusion of alchemy in logic would mean that it was an au that i could us in other programs, but nope. it's logic-only and the rest of my daw stuff doesn't even know it exists :smith:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
that's our apple! :iamafag:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeah. iris does a lot of the same stuff though so i'm probably not going to fire logic up that often just for alchemy

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i should find a cheap audio interface that does DC so I can send control voltage out to poo poo

MOTU I guess

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlzB5AG_D0

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
got it, look forward to working through a tutorial or two and forgetting about it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm torn. i can upgrade for $99 but i don't use reaktor that much. i might use it more now that they have th dumb babby modular interface, though, so hmmmmmmm

but then again i will eventually upgrade to komplete 11 or 12 or whatevs and get it anyway, so the real question is whether i want to shell out 99 smackeroonies to just have it a year or so earlier than i would otherwise

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I think what will happen is that the reaktor user library will fill up with hot new poo poo and I"ll be too tempted not to upgrade

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Amethyst posted:

I think what will happen is that the reaktor user library will fill up with hot new poo poo and I"ll be too tempted not to upgrade

yeah that

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

i'm torn. i can upgrade for $99 but i don't use reaktor that much. i might use it more now that they have th dumb babby modular interface, though, so hmmmmmmm

but then again i will eventually upgrade to komplete 11 or 12 or whatevs and get it anyway, so the real question is whether i want to shell out 99 smackeroonies to just have it a year or so earlier than i would otherwise

same

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

yeah I'm just gonna want komplete 12. I'm still nowhere near making music at a level that I could possibly benefit from getting this early.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

aka how i feel about all music purchases i make

i should just sell everything until i can play a fukin ukelele or smth

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i've actually been liquidating a bunch of my hardware stuff, since i just almost never use it any more. i mean i'm keeping all of my guitars and drums and poo poo, but most of my pedals are going on ebay

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

the number of times i have gone "oh, i have trouble writing percussion loops, so that must mean i need to synthesize bespoke artisanal kick drum sounds, time to buy breaktweaker" is just loving shameful

i have ableton studio and komplete 9 and some other assorted crap (lots of rando iOS apps) + a push and a k-board, and that is all i am going to buy until i can sit down and go "i am going to make a song today" and produce an actual song, start to finish, at least 50% of the time

the song doesn't have to be, like, good, or original, or anything like that, but it should be a thing that i can say "i finished this"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

korg gadget is great for that. you run into the classic limited korg sound problem, but you can do a lot in the app that you can carry over to a full song

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

electronic music used to be: "well I have this $3000 synthesizer, guess I'll use that", where now it's: "which of these sampled $2000 synthesizers shall I use today?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

korg gadget is great for that. you run into the classic limited korg sound problem, but you can do a lot in the app that you can carry over to a full song

yeah i have been using gadget to get over my "but it has to sound exactly like i want it to" problem, it's really good for shortcutting that

"well, it's never going to sound "perfect" (this is actually the secret to all music ever, but it seems easier to accept it in this smaller instance) so i can just move on to trying to make the arrangement work"

• Locked thread