Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

So in that EA UFC Mobile game, how do you get the rewards from the current event?

I have over 200 points and this little box is glowing, I want to open it !

Edit: nevermind, I see now that you get the rewards after the event is done

Quick note, I noticed that the $5 starter pack is updated now - used to be Erik Perez, Dustin Poirier, and purple rarity Carlos Condit, and they changed it to Scott Jorgensen, Dennis Siver, purple rarity (probably) Chris Weidman, and Liz Carmouche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Archbishop Karaoke posted:

Go back and watch the Stunner in 1996 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3fTqzN_SLs - it was a lot less theatrical for the first year (or at least until Royal Rumble 1997).

Oh I know. I was just hoping for proof that is was in the moves list. Back when WWF Warzone was the only game I had, it was the stunner I used to finish as Stone Cold because it had a way easier button combo than the kick version. I always liked how the stunner looked like it killed people early in that run, but I can see why he changed it up.

E: The Yukes games have had a long history of adding cool looking versions of a move in a story cut-scene but not actually putting in the game. Vader's moonsault a few years back is a prime example.

The move-sets have always been weird, they remove too many moves that guys need to feel right, like a ton of Booker T's kicks and his knee drop, and Austin's stomps and his over the shoulder spine-buster. The game that came out a year before they made a deal with Macho Man to be in the game, they actually added some of his moves and taunts, I am pretty sure this is where we got that weird version of his elbow drop that moves too fast. Well they also added his rope hang clothesline, where he grabs a guy by his head and runs and drapes his throat over the top rope. Great right? Well the next year Macho is actually going to be in the game, and lo and behold, his rope hang clothesline is gone, never been replaced either.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 26, 2015

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I just hope 2k forgot to delete the Hogan moveset.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What, did you think they'd give The Terminator an original set

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I think the only move special to him in 2k15 is his version of the leg drop, which in the last gen version literally takes up the same slot as I think leg drop 4, and only looks like the Hogan legdrop when Hogan does it, otherwise it looks like good old legdrop 4. His taunts may be a problem though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

remusclaw posted:

I think the only move special to him in 2k15 is his version of the leg drop, which in the last gen version literally takes up the same slot as I think leg drop 4, and only looks like the Hogan legdrop when Hogan does it, otherwise it looks like good old legdrop 4. His taunts may be a problem though.

He had an Axe Bomber in the game as well as a new big boot and a new scoop slam. Those were added in 2K14 though

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That axe bomber looks nothing like his axe bomber, it's just a straight clothesline with no bend at the elbow. I always give him Lex luger's forearm in place of it, not perfect , but better. The boot and the slam are pretty generic so I think they should be fine, if anything, some names change.

E: Thinking on the axe bomber, I don't know if it's any different on next gen, but doing the irish whip and trying to hit a running strike on the rebound is still way harder than it needs to be, and has been this hard ever since the addition of free run. This should not be hard to do in a wrestling game.

Axe bomber and what free run makes a drag to pull off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOC6XqeK0A

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 26, 2015

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Basic Chunnel posted:

What, did you think they'd give The Terminator an original set

They might add two or so moves and a taunt for him like they did with Tyson in '13.
I'm hoping that they have the Terminator music rather than a soundalike.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
What are the chances they don't put Hogan in the game, but give you all the choices needed to do so in Create-A-Wrestler?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The free Bruce Lee in the UFC game is pretty sweet. If you let the CPU take you down, you can do a free armbar from the bottom to take away tons of damage

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So apparently every even numbered game is going to have the wrestlers look like strange plasticine monstrosities?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

So apparently every even numbered game is going to have the wrestlers look like strange plasticine monstrosities?
Yup.

Also, every odd numbered game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

He had an Axe Bomber in the game as well as a new big boot and a new scoop slam. Those were added in 2K14 though

But the leg drop in 14 didn't look like his leg drop. Also, he didn't tear off his shirt in his entrance.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
R. Mika was announced for Street Fighter V!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/27/street-fighter-v-rainbow-mika-enters-the-ring/

She does the Ganso Bomb, Stone Cold Stunner, and has a tag team partner. Her V-Skill is cutting a promo to increase her power. Her Critical Art is a double-team (She Calls That The) Rear View into Air Raid Siren. Thank you, Ono.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

Quick note, I noticed that the $5 starter pack is updated now - used to be Erik Perez, Dustin Poirier, and purple rarity Carlos Condit, and they changed it to Scott Jorgensen, Dennis Siver, purple rarity (probably) Chris Weidman, and Liz Carmouche.

I swear the starter pack was purchasable with the silver currency just a few days ago, it was 100k. Now there is no 100k item at all, the only thing you can buy with silver is the basic moves pack.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

triplexpac posted:

I swear the starter pack was purchasable with the silver currency just a few days ago, it was 100k. Now there is no 100k item at all, the only thing you can buy with silver is the basic moves pack.

You're not crazy, I saw it too, was even thinking about saving up to get it at some point.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ShootaBoy posted:

You're not crazy, I saw it too, was even thinking about saving up to get it at some point.

Yeah it sucks cause I'm up to 70k now! haha sigh.

I'm just gonna hold onto it until I see if something comparable comes back.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

If you don't need characters, you're better off dumping 100k into the 2k training packs since you're guaranteed at least 50 rares.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WWE 2k16 has rest holds as a gameplay element, no joke:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/08/27/wwe-2k16-hands-on-wrestle-smarter-not-harder

I actually kind of like the idea of that, it will help matches feel more real.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So with the UFC game, I ground through all 4,000 points of the challenge thing that ended today, and now it's going again and I didn't get the stuff from the one that just finished. Did I just get hosed out of all that stuff unless I grind it all out again?

edit: Yeah, there it is, had to restart the whole phone though for some reason.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 27, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Might want to force quit the game and relaunch.

Usually rewards come in the little email thing in the app, so check there after relaunching.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

If you don't need characters, you're better off dumping 100k into the 2k training packs since you're guaranteed at least 50 rares.

Hmm maybe I will. For now I just get training packs when I feel like my guys are underleveled.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/27/street-fighter-v-rainbow-mika-enters-the-ring/

She does the Ganso Bomb, Stone Cold Stunner, and has a tag team partner. Her V-Skill is cutting a promo to increase her power. Her Critical Art is a double-team (She Calls That The) Rear View into Air Raid Siren. Thank you, Ono.

Lotta butt attacks.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Blast Fantasto posted:

WWE 2k16 has rest holds as a gameplay element, no joke:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/08/27/wwe-2k16-hands-on-wrestle-smarter-not-harder

I actually kind of like the idea of that, it will help matches feel more real.

Submission holds hinge on a mini-game where you are a wedge who chases another wedge around a circle. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Steve Vader posted:

Submission holds hinge on a mini-game where you are a wedge who chases another wedge around a circle. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Sounds like what UFC did for their submissions

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snacksmaniac posted:

Lotta butt attacks.

Sold

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I can't wait for completely accurate Randy Orton v. Roman Reigns matches in 2k16.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If I'm reading that correctly they are using Virtual Pro Wrestling style reversal tokens, instead of a timing based reverse button. That's a big change.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

projecthalaxy posted:

If I'm reading that correctly they are using Virtual Pro Wrestling style reversal tokens, instead of a timing based reverse button. That's a big change.

you aren't. you still need to time it correctly.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

I think it's still timing based, just with tokens. They describe a "super reversal" (e.g. countering a missed lariat in to a sleeper) that requires more precise timing and takes 2 tokens. Not sure though.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

PunkBoy posted:

I guess the breast physics engine will be working overtime in Mika v. Mika matches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This thread is going to get so mad when restholds are just the chain wrestling system slotted into the middle of matches and I'm going to savor every single minute.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they should just take the submission/rest hold system from the day of reckoning games, it's been awhile since i played those but I remember really liking how they made that work. every time you put someone in a submission you could choose whether it was to rest and get stamina, just to do damage, to taunt them and use it like a taunt, or to actually use it as a submission and get them to tap out

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Basic Chunnel posted:

This thread is going to get so mad when restholds are just the chain wrestling system slotted into the middle of matches and I'm going to savor every single minute.

Not mad, just disappointed...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How does one become a breast physics engineer?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
2k16's graphics still look like a 2011 ps3 game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it looks like garbage and it looks like it plays like garbage.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
I remember when there was some high hopes for the 2K takeover, looks like we got SWERVED oh!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7tvd_oPHEc

also i totally missed that the Vaudevillains are in 2K16 because IGN didn't throw up a massive image for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

KungFu Grip posted:

neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7tvd_oPHEc

also i totally missed that the Vaudevillains are in 2K16 because IGN didn't throw up a massive image for them

Cool, we can make Jeff Hardy