Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Loved the guys in the back who were getting the mounts and minions ready. Then they teased me with a mention of a Wind-Up Doomtrain :smith:

He's playing FF14 in FF14... There's a Yo Dawg in here somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
[11:05]You earn the achievement “Imagine Dragon”!

loving finally.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

[11:05]You earn the achievement “Imagine Dragon”!

loving finally.

Congratulations on beating FFXIV's endgame.

The anniversary event is legitimately good. It's been a long time since the series has had a hidden developer room.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Wasn't he the one in the 14 hour livestream last year that was farming atmas?

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Its a reference to last year's 14 hour stream where he was trying to collect all the atmas in a single sitting. At some point he began riding a mechanical horse.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Soken quote is the best and confirms the kneehigh thing with the OST, really :v:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

spoiler for the rising and heavensward msq:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I am absolutely loving this seasonal event. Also Red Mage is starting to look likely with Samurai, huh?

Boten Anna posted:

spoiler for the rising and heavensward msq:

God drat.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sword_man.gif posted:

it's like the arcade game where you sit on a motorcycle and lean it left and right to steer, except a horse

that's obviously a unicorn. :colbert:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
This anniversary event is the most amazingly ridiculous thing and I love everything about it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ActionZero posted:

This anniversary event is the most amazingly ridiculous thing and I love everything about it.

I haven't been able to get on, what's going on for the anniversary?
Also what's the fastest way to grind law? I have an item level of 148 and feel pathetic.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Rising is, you have to see it for yourself. -Morpheus

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

RC Cola posted:

Also what's the fastest way to grind law? I have an item level of 148 and feel pathetic.

Just keep running Fractal and Neverreap

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My computer died and I dont know if I can get it to an operational state before The Rising ends. If i cant then Im going to spend 60 bucks for the ps4 version

Phone posting suuucks

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 27, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Uh, I don't see any quest NPC where the site says it should be for The Rising.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Have you played Chrono Trigger? It's the developer's ending :3

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh, I don't see any quest NPC where the site says it should be for The Rising.

Should be Nonora @ Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (10,10)

bleuraindrops fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 27, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

bleuraindrops posted:

Should be Nonora @ Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (10,10)

Ohhh.. I googled "The Rising FFXIV" and it brought me to a site that mentioned it was in Limsa Lominsa. Guess that's like, last years or something.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

bleuraindrops posted:

Have you played Chrono Trigger? It's the developer's ending :3

it's a lot closer in presentation and style to the Developers Office from the FFIV games

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CrashScreen posted:

I am absolutely loving this seasonal event. Also Red Mage is starting to look likely with Samurai, huh?

Its a wonderful event. :3: I'd love for the Samurai to get a lick of Mechanist paint and turn it into a tech themed melee class, but then im a big sucker for Jetstream Sam.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Everyman posted:

Its a reference to last year's 14 hour stream where he was trying to collect all the atmas in a single sitting. At some point he began riding a mechanical horse.

I did it in nine hours. :smug:

I know a few people that still haven't forgiven me for that

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The best part about the 14-hour livestream and the Atma farming was that several fans decided to stream their own 14-hour farming session alongside the stream, because fans are weird.

One guy notably didn't get a single atma drop in that 14-hour window. :laugh:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 28, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What are the craftsmanship/control/cp and perception/gathering/gp amounts I should be aiming for?

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Mordiceius posted:

What are the craftsmanship/control/cp and perception/gathering/gp amounts I should be aiming for?

I know nothing of crafting.

The item you are going to want to gather will require a specific gathering threshold. It varies from most pieces of ore/stone. You will need 600 GP in order to effectively do collectibles (the best way to level a gatherer) past 50. I think endgame crafting is like 601 Gathering, 645 (not entirely sure on that number) Perception, and 600 GP.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

TheShadowAvatar posted:

I know nothing of crafting.

The item you are going to want to gather will require a specific gathering threshold. It varies from most pieces of ore/stone. You will need 600 GP in order to effectively do collectibles (the best way to level a gatherer) past 50. I think endgame crafting is like 601 Gathering, 645 (not entirely sure on that number) Perception, and 600 GP.

I have all my DoH at 60 and equipped in HQ level 60 gear (the serpentskin stuff), I just am trying to figure out how I should be melding it.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I have all my DoH at 60 and equipped in HQ level 60 gear (the serpentskin stuff), I just am trying to figure out how I should be melding it.

From the IRC:

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/R4LL
http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/R9SM

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Inspired by a previous post, is there anyone on Excalibur who can craft up a Tremor Guillotine for me for a fair price? I'm in game as Da Qing.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just wanted to give a quick trip report for anyone in a similar situation: I have an account with PC ARR (but parted out the gaming PC long ago), a PS4 ARR+HW (which I'm temporarily away from), and most recently PS3 ARR. It's been confirmed by the devs that if you log out in a HW-only area and try to log in with an ARR-only account, it will prevent you from ever logging in.

However, I can confirm that the restriction does not apply to levels over 50. I have a 56 character that was logged out in an ARR area and was able to use it without any problems from the PS3's ARR-only account - all abilities intact (after reassigning them to the fresh hotbar), post-50 XP earned, and changing equipment/jobs back and forth didn't block anything out.

I didn't try teleporting to a HW area for fear of the teleport succeeding then the server kicking me off and basically locking the account until I shell out another $40, but everything's dandy while staying in ARR areas

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://gfycat.com/VigorousPopularKinkajou

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

CrashScreen posted:

Also Red Mage is starting to look likely with Samurai, huh?

I haven't played since 2.1/2.2~ can someone explain this to me!? I would come back in a heartbeat if this ever happened. (Thinking about coming back anyways..)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Obscurity posted:

I haven't played since 2.1/2.2~ can someone explain this to me!? I would come back in a heartbeat if this ever happened. (Thinking about coming back anyways..)

The anniversary event this year hints at red mage, blue mage, and samurai as new classes in the future.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I hope Red Mage is the new Caster dps and just sits at range shooting lasers out of their rapier and casting 2.5s healing spells for 1k.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Did nobody see the people in the left side of Yoshi's office hinting at the new housing? Haven't seen any posts about it yet

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

The anniversary event this year hints at red mage, blue mage, and samurai as new classes in the future.

I thought that was more tongue in cheek teasing than actual hinting at what new classes could be.

e: V no, tanks should be able to survive enough damage for you to actually get some DPS in before you need to heal them again. Were they geared to the right level, using cooldowns? If they're paladins they suffer a lot through the 30s since they don't get their tank stance until 40.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 28, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So levels 1-30 of CNJ were pretty cool because I could play with cleric stance and help out doing damage but now I'm in Brayflox and it's like if I do anything but spam Cure on the tank they just loving explode... I know from prior experience that things will just continue to hit harder but is WHM/AST/SCH post-30 in dungeons just a lot of tank babysitting?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rei_ posted:

So levels 1-30 of CNJ were pretty cool because I could play with cleric stance and help out doing damage but now I'm in Brayflox and it's like if I do anything but spam Cure on the tank they just loving explode... I know from prior experience that things will just continue to hit harder but is WHM/AST/SCH post-30 in dungeons just a lot of tank babysitting?

Have you gotten White Mage yet?

White Mage gives you Regen, passive healing that helps out a ton.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ignimbrite posted:

I thought that was more tongue in cheek teasing than actual hinting at what new classes could be.

That's what we thought about Lords of Verminion :tinfoil:

Rei_ posted:

Nah, it doesn't stay that bad. iirc, Brayflox is early enough that some tanks are still missing good poo poo like Shield Oath that make your life easier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

It really could go either way, but considering that they're already working on the next expansion, I wouldn't be very surprised.

e: also A3S is a cool fight but the arena just murders my framerate.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

A wonderful guide on how to play DRK edgelord correctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1cr5udb-8

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

So I haven't kept up to date..How are the 3 new classes nowadays in comparison to their role counterparts?

Also did they put a catch up system in crafting that doesnt require tons of gil?

Last question..does the golden saucer stuff give you any worthwhile rewards for playing any games (races/TT/etc)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well that blows just about every anniversary event in an MMO I've seen out of the water :kimchi:

• Locked thread