Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Still got one xbox code to give away.

If anybodies on tonight shoot me an invite pls! 'will die alone' is the gt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Also who's ready for some Nuk3town?

http://charlieintel.com/2015/08/27/brazil-playstation-store-leaks-nuk3town-preorder-bonus-for-black-ops-3-nuketown-renamed/

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
But, but, but. Nuketown kinda sucks.

Also is there a Mumble or a TS or an IRC channel or something where PC goons are conglomerating for this? I'd like to get in on some party action.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Why would anyone want to customize this lovely low budgeted cyborg man?

I want to paint him pink :colbert:

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I hope we can give Reaper some KOSMOS-esque hair.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

SubponticatePoster posted:

I want to paint him pink :colbert:

And change your name to TACTICAL ROBOTMAN

West007
Apr 21, 2013

This game is a lot better than AW but it jitters as gently caress in most games, still pretty fun but player populations on PC and in Europe at the same time will be really low.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Paintshop is busted on Xbone. It doesn't copy and paste layers properly.

Also the game froze on me as soon as I got into a lobby today. :laugh:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Javes posted:

Player customization will be in the full game.

Oh that's good. Then I just want some more guns and more overpowered killstreaks. Not liking how the past few games have so few secondaries, made the maps so small you run into people within five seconds and nerfed killstreaks so much since MW 1/2. It was a lot more fun when most things were powerful even if some poo poo was way too strong and explosives were a bit out of control.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

AirRaid posted:

Also is there a Mumble or a TS or an IRC channel or something where PC goons are conglomerating for this? I'd like to get in on some party action.

Reticulated Splines mumble, check PGS.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
maybe Nuketown will actually be good this year because they'll change it to accomodate wallruns or something

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Unless they bring back Kawaii camo no buy :colbert:

I really liked the beta and I hope more people play on PS4 and stick around.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

AirRaid posted:

Haha look how wrong you are

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Unless they bring back Kawaii camo no buy :colbert:

I really liked the beta and I hope more people play on PS4 and stick around.

add znorps on psn. I'll be looking for battle buddies come november

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

OneDeadman posted:

maybe Nuketown will actually be good this year because they'll change it to accomodate wallruns or something
As long as I can lay down in the garage with a LMG and shoot fuckers as they spawn it will be great.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Turns out guys using Rejack get mad if you chuck a space-claymore into their cloud of dust.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
So far the PC version looks to have many issues. I have problem aiming and I get fps spike drops. This is going to drive a lot of potential players away.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Good games fellows. Miss u.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BobbyBaudoin posted:

So far the PC version looks to have many issues. I have problem aiming and I get fps spike drops. This is going to drive a lot of potential players away.

All 20 people on pc lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vile posted:

All 20 people on pc lol

:eyepop:

What caused the tenfold increase!?

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
Fun games, missed playing with goons. Will be better once we can start asking if there are cute boys in the lobby...

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

We could, if ingame chat wasn't hot garbage.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Knifegrab posted:

So just want to reiterate this for everyone who is having a hard time on PC (Insert joke about playing on PC):

:siren:

Make sure you drop your resolution to 720p. For some reason playing at different resolution fucks with teh controls in weird ways. Its hard to put but me and everyone I played with started doing immensly better when we all flipped to 720 p.

Change your 3d render scene scale to 1, instead of looking like a giant farting turd, the game will look like normal turds.

Mouse acceleration and mouse filtering are ON by default, set them to zero!

Do not use Sync Every frame unless you want garbage controls, and also set your FPS to unlimited for similar reasons.

Fullscreen definitely seems to run better than borderless windowed.

Parties are definitely hosed up, but sometimes they work. Check in the top right of your screen to see who has the (1 in party, 18max) message, if they have it, join on them.

CPU is by default set to low priority, changing this seemed to have a slight improvement in jutter (though it is still there)

The pump shotgun is amazing and everyone should use it.

:siren:

It is clear, yet again, PC was an afterthought.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

One for free for xbone: XC4RW-77DM4-99RH4-QRWQR-HJWGZ

One in the chamber for anyone that needs it. PM me.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Vile posted:

Haha look how wrong you are

I mean, it's no HOTDOG.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I definitely got rid of the mouse anchoring by cracking down the scaling and also dropping everything to low. Why it's so harshly tied to FPS, I don't know, but it should help a lot.

Even if it looks terrible.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I uninstalled the beta already. The game would totally be my jam but it's so poorly optimized, I can't actually enjoy it. I have a feeling that the problems are coming in from the fact that you can't adjust particle quality at all, so that chugs it. Also, changing from Extra Texture, High Mesh, Filtering and Shadow to all low is only a difference of 4-5 FPS and does nothing to affect the stuttering during combat, so that's not the problem. Changing to 720p didn't help either. It's so hosed.

Oh well!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Is this game peer to peer? It is isn't it?

Also are classified guns just guns not in the beta?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Nash Regex posted:

One for free for xbone: XC4RW-77DM4-99RH4-QRWQR-HJWGZ

One in the chamber for anyone that needs it. PM me.

Rad! Used this so I could play on my roomie's Xbone. Thanks much man!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

The real shame is that there are still plenty of morons interested in COD on PC. Even in australia I am getting instant queue pops for TDM, DOM and KC at virtually all times of the day.

Hopefully the beta does what its meant to do and none of this makes release and its worth getting (without DLC).

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

It may be a driver issue. When I first went to play the game told me I had to update my driver as it was out of date and wouldn't play correctly. I ignored it and I am having none of the PC issues you are all describing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stop playing games on a word processor idiot.s

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Is this game peer to peer? It is isn't it?

Also are classified guns just guns not in the beta?

Supposedly all platforms have dedicated servers now, but its hard to tell with this awful netcode.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003
Friend Token: RMX7H-C36CR-2YM2T-RXKR2-TPD7Z
Friend Token: XG2FF-J64VM-6FTYH-6PK26-F97PZ

Xbox One.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Seems that they nerfed Rejack. Using it no longer preserves your streak.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

On the PC front - Even if you change the priority in task manager, the game defaults to low when you tab back in.

edit: ZOMG. Try changing your audio format down to 16bit 44100Hz, I was on 48XXX and it removed the stuttering.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 28, 2015

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
So if I preorder ed this through xbox live do I not get friend codes to give away?

The website says that I haven't preordered.

Vvv: welp that's what I get for preordering after the beta came out.

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 28, 2015

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Quabzor posted:

So if I preorder ed this through xbox live do I not get friend codes to give away?

The website says that I haven't preordered.

They eventually send you an Xbox message with the extra codes.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

JAssassin posted:

Yeah I uninstalled the beta already. The game would totally be my jam but it's so poorly optimized, I can't actually enjoy it. I have a feeling that the problems are coming in from the fact that you can't adjust particle quality at all, so that chugs it. Also, changing from Extra Texture, High Mesh, Filtering and Shadow to all low is only a difference of 4-5 FPS and does nothing to affect the stuttering during combat, so that's not the problem. Changing to 720p didn't help either. It's so hosed.

Oh well!

DON'T PLAY ON PC

Mill Village posted:

Paintshop is busted on Xbone. It doesn't copy and paste layers properly.

Also the game froze on me as soon as I got into a lobby today. :laugh:

Yeah i tried to accept invites and it hardlocked my Xbone. This beta runs through the weekend, right?

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn the pump action shotgun is super fun :h:

Also, there's something hilarious about wallrunning at some dude on the other team and having a ridiculous gunbattle while trying to not fall off the map. It's been a while since i've had this much fun playing a CoD game.

• Locked thread