Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

"Can I work in with you?"

Yeah, I guess so.

"Thanks!" *proceeds to take off a 25 plate and a 45 plate on each side, does 3 reps, doesn't put the plates back on*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
that would be annoying if they changed the weight, or did not at least change it back

the rule should be if you can't finish and return it to my former weight by the time i'm rested up for my next set THEN BEAT IT

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
squats for the thots

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

300# clean triple oh my god im so happy

https://instagram.com/p/63qbN2JQeD/

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FizFashizzle posted:

good job, i'd probably find a way to dislocate my shoulder trying that

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Strong poo poo, good work.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

FizFashizzle posted:

#crossfit

:getout:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

squats for the thots

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Eyyy grats on the swole lift, even if its exfit

Whatever gets you swole, until it kills you (then we laugh)

e:
:eyepop:

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015
My friends and coworkers tell me that I'm crazy and take counting calories too far.

The thing is I'm not that anal about it and last Friday I consumed over 4k cals of beer and rich and fatty food.

Maybe tracking my food intake at all is what makes them think I'm crazy.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I knew a guy that only consumed protein shakes and rice, because that way he could control his caloric intake down to the gram. He probably had an eating disorder.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

midnightclimax posted:

I knew a guy that only consumed protein shakes and rice, because that way he could control his caloric intake down to the gram. He probably had an eating disorder.

please don't dox me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

disregard_last posted:

My friends and coworkers tell me that I'm crazy and take counting calories too far.

The thing is I'm not that anal about it and last Friday I consumed over 4k cals of beer and rich and fatty food.

Maybe tracking my food intake at all is what makes them think I'm crazy.

My mom can't handle the concept of scanning food into MFP and looking at serving sizes, so im p sure its the latter

like, she's tried thrice and fallen off the wagon each time because taking 10 seconds to scan barcodes is haaard

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 27, 2015

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

If you can even perform the first part of that movement at that weight, the swole gods await your video proof.

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

My mom can't handle the concept of scanning food into MFP and looking at serving sizes, so im p sure its the latter

like, she's tried thrice and fallen off the wagon each time because taking 10 seconds to scan barcodes is haaard

One of my friends who's getting back on the health wagon said that it was too stressful for her. Which I guess I kind of get. For me it has been more empowering. That added since of control really makes a difference for me.

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015

midnightclimax posted:

I went to University with a guy who had an eating disorder. He would hover around the dorm kitchens and be like "what you got there? Looks delicious. Can I try?" Took a bite then would be like "do you know how many calories is in that?!"

He relapsed and had to withdraw midway through his first semester. Never saw him again. Poor guy.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

evil spiff posted:

If you can even perform the first part of that movement at that weight, the swole gods await your video proof.

I deadlifted 405 a few weeks ago and my back still hurts if that's what you're asking

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

I deadlifted 405 a few weeks ago and my back still hurts if that's what you're asking

No, video required is required

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Cleaning 300 is a fuckton harder than deadlifting 405.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

bamhand posted:

Cleaning 300 is a fuckton harder than deadlifting 405.

Yeah but if he's going to tag his instagram video with #crossfit I'm going to assume he does crossfit. And if he does crossfit then he deserves to get poo poo on. :colbert:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't crossfit a like minded community of individuals? Sounds cool, like a kind of irl internet forum.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

Isn't crossfit a like minded community of individuals? Sounds cool, like a kind of irl internet forum.

crossfit is awesome if you feel that your lifestyle does not put you at enough risk for various debilitating injuries

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lunixnerd posted:

crossfit is awesome if you feel that your lifestyle does not put you at enough risk for various debilitating injuries

My girlfriend makes a good bit of cash off of Crossfit people hurting themselves and then needing a deep tissue massage, so I'm cool with it

Feb 1, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

That is half of what I am asking, good job.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
You're defending crossfit, maybe you'd be more comfortable in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522035

Miguel Angel Face posted:

Donald Kimball posted:

What are the benefits, if any, to kipping a pull-up?
It allows you to continue the exercise past the point of failure (which may happen after a small number of reps if you use strict technique).

It's a similar concept to doing drop sets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_set

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Whiskey Sours posted:

But the guy you're trying to shame is stronger than you and gets paid by crossfit. Probably doesn't hurt himself with warmup weight deadlifts either.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Whiskey Sours posted:

It allows you to continue the exercise past the point of failure (which may happen after a small number of reps if you use strict technique).

It's a similar concept to doing drop sets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_set

[/quote]

That dude's going to have some SWOLE(n) rotator cuffs brah. Ladies love a joint that sounds like its full of gravel when it moves.

edit: I kind of feel that crossfit is in the same league as mud running and krav maga, all things that people who have jobs and families and responsibilities would do to feel a bit hardcore and superior to their peers. Much like how I lift weights as a crutch for not having a personality.

Gasbraai fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 28, 2015

Feb 1, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

But the guy you're trying to shame is stronger than you and gets paid by crossfit. Probably doesn't hurt himself with warmup weight deadlifts either.

Also there are Cool and Strong crossfitters just as there are Weak and Bad traditional weightlifters.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hmm, was wondering when this thread was going to get all crossfitty

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
When I rotate my right shoulder the tendon skips off some process in my humerus and produces an audible clicking noise.

Feb 1, 2005

notZaar posted:

When I rotate my right shoulder the tendon skips off some process in my humerus and produces an audible clicking noise.

Look up

Feb 1, 2005

That's your gravestone

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Unironic defense of crossfit itt

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The doctor palpitated my shoulder and said my rom is okay so I'm not too worried but that shoulder is significantly weaker in adduction motions such as pull ups.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Whiskey Sours posted:

Unironic defense of crossfit itt

Crossfit is this decade's bosu ball training. It's popular so it attracts lots of idiots and charlatans

Anything can be done in a way that's helpful

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Starting up a non-name brand crossfit gym has to be the best thing ever.

"Oh, you mean instead of taking this large building and buying a ton of machines I just have to get 10 kettle bells and pullup bars? Then I can charge more than a regular gym?"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

turbomoose posted:

Starting up a non-name brand crossfit gym has to be the best thing ever.

"Oh, you mean instead of taking this large building and buying a ton of machines I just have to get 10 kettle bells and pullup bars? Then I can charge more than a regular gym?"

I'm sure between rent and the franchise fees most of these will go bankrupt anyways.

Feb 1, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

Would you like to have a pullup contest? 1 set, strict form, you choose the grip, loser eats a 1 month probation?

Alternatively, keep bagging on a hashtag from a dude that is undoubtedly much stronger than you, and getting paid for it. You're seeing the trees, not the forest.

ps I don't crossfit

genderfluid and beautiful fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 28, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
this is a lot of faggotry over a dude using a hashtag in an otherwise impressive lift, and i say this as someone into dudes sucking dude cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

evil spiff posted:

Would you like to have a pullup contest? 1 set, strict form, you choose the grip, loser eats a 1 month probation?

Alternatively, keep bagging on a hashtag from a dude that is undoubtedly much stronger than you, and getting paid for it. You're seeing the trees, not the forest.

ps I don't crossfit

lol look at this guy care posting in gbs

YLLS is that way buddy

• Locked thread