Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I've had zero time to work on the house for the nexus upload, but that should change after tomorrow.

Any final notes/bugs/recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

did you implement the farm? the wizard corner's little garden is nice but it's extremely hard to grow certain crops there (most notably creep clusters and jazbay grapes) because of how cramped it is.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Excelzior posted:

did you implement the farm? the wizard corner's little garden is nice but it's extremely hard to grow certain crops there (most notably creep clusters and jazbay grapes) because of how cramped it is.

No I haven't, I'm thinking about how best to do it still. I think my plan so far is to dump that fertile soil area and turn that into a doorway/trapdoor somehow to an attaching space/cave, where I could play with different dimensions. It's just finding something that doesn't look very out of place. I don't want to use the starting cave because I think it's weird when parts of the house are outside there, which was the main reason I moved the tanning rack in. The wood cutting area just didn't fit anywhere else and looks really good right there.

Like I said, I've had zero time but come Wednesday I'll have lots.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 23, 2015

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Praetorian Mage posted:

Wouldn't making it a toggle be simpler? Or do you just not care for that idea?

The buff is simpler and fits in with Skyrim better. There are lots of temp buffs in the game, but few to no toggle abilities. If the duration is long enough to not require babysitting, it's functionally the same as a toggle anyway. Just a bit more active so it's like a combo of sorts. If it were a non-combat ability like night eye I think a toggle would be more appropriate, but combat tends to benefit from breaking out of the "just click the same thing repeatedly" mold.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Can anyone recommend a mod to control how fast experience is gain, say if I wanted to level up at 2/3s or half the default rate?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

SkyTweak lets you gently caress with the dials.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
^^^ Community Uncapper also allows this, as well as providing a lot more options if you want them.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Mazz posted:

No I haven't, I'm thinking about how best to do it still. I think my plan so far is to dump that fertile soil area and turn that into a doorway/trapdoor somehow to an attaching space/cave, where I could play with different dimensions. It's just finding something that doesn't look very out of place. I don't want to use the starting cave because I think it's weird when parts of the house are outside there, which was the main reason I moved the tanning rack in. The wood cutting area just didn't fit anywhere else and looks really good right there.

Like I said, I've had zero time but come Wednesday I'll have lots.

Would you like to know a fun fact ? The walls that surround the Mannequin section, you can walk through them. From the Mannequin side that is. Works on my set up anyway.

Tzarnal fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 25, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

Would you like to know a fun fact ? The walls that surround the Mannequin section, you can walk through them. From the Mannequin side that is. Works on my set up anyway.

Interesting, I'll have to look at that. AFAIK they were just floor pieces I turned vertical, but who knows.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Short new Skywind video.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mazz posted:

Interesting, I'll have to look at that. AFAIK they were just floor pieces I turned vertical, but who knows.

Should be easy enough to fix, just put collision planes on them.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Agents are GO! posted:

Should be easy enough to fix, just put collision planes on them.

Yeah that was my plan. Weird though, none the less.

On another note, I've been trying to add the farming/flora area but I just can't find a place where it both 1. will work well given how things have to be put together in the CK, and 2. looks like it fits in with the rest of the cell.

Option 1 would be a trapdoor to another room, but I can't think of a single good place for that trapdoor that doesn't feel out of place. That, and then I have to build another whole room that is aesthetically interesting, which really means a cave with natural lighting for the most part, and that's tedious as all hell as I don't have any sort of real plan on how to do it in my head.

Option 2 is I could extend the hallway another section, and add in another room across from it for balance (kids room I guess, cant think of anything else), but this involves shuffling the entire rest of the house over from that point, and then trying to fill it in. It also breaks up the symmetry of everything.

Option 3 is removing the entire bathing area thing, and putting it there. Hell of a lot of work still, and I'm not sure what I make is going to look as good as that does right there. This is also all or nothing, because as soon as I starting moving big things, the only good way to revert changes is to restore a backup.

I don't know what to do goons. I'm leaning towards option 3 and thinking on how I could make that work without actually removing the fountain, just pushing it backwards or something. At the moment though I haven't made much progress.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 26, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Mazz posted:

On another note, I've been trying to add the farming/flora area but I just can't find a place where it both 1. will work well given how things have to be put together in the CK, and 2. looks like it fits in with the rest of the cell.

What about some sort of root cellar with raised beds of soil, like a greenhouse? Add a few magical grow lights, and you could have a pretty big underground "greenhouse" without the need to model natural stone walls and such. Just make it a stone hall full of planters. That would also make the trap door more logical, since presumably the room would be deep below the main building.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
The green water bug is really annoying me. It's preventing me from doing anything underwater, which locks out a lot of things (Spectraverse for instance). I've verified, uninstalled/reinstalled, disabled depth of field and radialblur, and tried the green water fix mod. Nothing's worked :(.

Modlist:
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
SPERG.esm
Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
EFFCore.esm
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
SkyUI.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
Chesko_LevelUp.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
sos - the wilds.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
OBIS.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Better Vampires.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
VMUVM.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp
Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp
CraftableCultistArmors.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
WKBendTime.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
sos - the dungeons.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
StavesofSkyrim.esp
SPERG.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
WindstadMine.esp
C1_Den_Erovrade_Staden.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
gonkishvampdens.esp
Skyrim Home.esp
Jaggarsfeld.esp
WorldEaterBeater.esp
Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
OBISDB.esp
WerewolfPerksExpanded.esp
CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp
DetailedMineMarkers.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves.esp
Aethernautics.esp
HearthfireBasements.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
funnyfollowers.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
Portal.esp
HavenBag.esp
barenziahquestmarkers.esp
The low particles and no shadows mods were added after I started having the problem. I also have ENBoost, which was added afterwards as well. My graphics card is an Intel HD 4000. Is there anything I can do?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Goredema posted:

What about some sort of root cellar with raised beds of soil, like a greenhouse? Add a few magical grow lights, and you could have a pretty big underground "greenhouse" without the need to model natural stone walls and such. Just make it a stone hall full of planters. That would also make the trap door more logical, since presumably the room would be deep below the main building.
Yeah that's not far off from what I'll likely end up doing. The nice part about using real doors is that they are actually portals to different spaces, so I won't have to make any big changes to the existing space.

I'm sitting on the idea for a couple days though, see if anything good comes to mind/I can flesh out the details before tearing things up.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Grey Elephants posted:

The low particles and no shadows mods were added after I started having the problem. I also have ENBoost, which was added afterwards as well. My graphics card is an Intel HD 4000. Is there anything I can do?

Make sure DoDepthOfField (?) in skyrimprefs.ini is turned to 0.

Did you try this mod too?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14007/

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Mazz posted:

Yeah that's not far off from what I'll likely end up doing. The nice part about using real doors is that they are actually portals to different spaces, so I won't have to make any big changes to the existing space.

I'm sitting on the idea for a couple days though, see if anything good comes to mind/I can flesh out the details before tearing things up.

I'm only casually following along with this whole conversation, but if you're talking about portaling to diferent world spaces just to grow vegetables, why not put them outside the house, like in the yard? Like how people grow stuff? If I'm remembering correctly what home mod you based it on, the front entrance is sort of hidden away and there's not a lot of space directly outside the door, but surely there's one reasonably flat patch of earth somewhere in the vicinity?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Make sure DoDepthOfField (?) in skyrimprefs.ini is turned to 0.

Did you try this mod too?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14007/

Those were the first things I tried.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Grey Elephants posted:

Those were the first things I tried.
Just to get the obvious out of the way: If you're using MO, did you make sure to edit the skyrimprefs.ini in your MO profile?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Just to get the obvious out of the way: If you're using MO, did you make sure to edit the skyrimprefs.ini in your MO profile?

...:saddowns:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Punch the plug-in button in the top row, you want the .ini editor. MO maintains its own special set of configuration files, separate from the normal ones.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I've got the weirdest issue with the mod I'm making. Skyrim simply refuses to let me enter a cell I created. Both COC and load doors just show a loading screen and then just dump me back where I started, unless I coc from the title screen. And if I coc from the title screen, once I leave the cell I can't reenter. :psyduck:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm only casually following along with this whole conversation, but if you're talking about portaling to diferent world spaces just to grow vegetables, why not put them outside the house, like in the yard? Like how people grow stuff? If I'm remembering correctly what home mod you based it on, the front entrance is sort of hidden away and there's not a lot of space directly outside the door, but surely there's one reasonably flat patch of earth somewhere in the vicinity?

No, its not that complicated. Any time you use a real door or trap door it just acts as a portal or sorts, so I can use the same cell but not actually have the things attached to the structure itself.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Can anybody reccomend some good backup management software, preferably freeware?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
V

Agents are GO! posted:

Can anybody reccomend some good backup management software, preferably freeware?

Like, Version control? Try Git if you're working with ESP stuff.

Otherwise, something like SyncBackFree should be fine.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gyshall posted:

V

Like, Version control? Try Git if you're working with ESP stuff.

Otherwise, something like SyncBackFree should be fine.

I just want something that will make backups On a schedule so I don;t have to remember.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
oh for CHRIST'S SAKE

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/bethesda-plans-revisit-skyrim-paid-mods-after-fallout-4-459131

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
Has anybody else tried Summerset Isles? I've been wandering around in it for a few hours now, after reaching the point in the main quest where I get told to buzz off and go play some side quests for a while. It feels like they picked up a JRPG and put it into Skyrim. None of the NPCs seem to have any schedule packages. They all just wander around randomly in some small area, waiting to say hello, and most of them are apparently shut-ins. You have to go in their house, and most of them just say "greetings", if they say anything, which doesn't exactly make up for the loading screens. People guarding things won't threaten you, and the mine I discovered wasn't actually being mined, or even occupied by bandits. So far I've found one bazaar (based on Riften), zero inns, and zero explanations for anything I've encountered, aside from the annoying teleportation orbs.

The reviews on the Nexus say the main quest is pretty good, but I don't know what sort of atmosphere they're going for. So far I've discovered two interesting things, some weird constructs and that the king has been turned into a dog, and only the first lady I've met seems to be minutely fussed about either discovery. Unless it gets much better, it'll just be confusing, and there's zero reason for my character to be involved in it. Hell, the lady who initiates the main quest pretty much tells you at the outset that you can choose to gently caress off back to Skyrim, and it really won't matter.

As a general note, you have to swim a lot. There are passes through mountains that only lead anywhere if you're prepared to dive down to crush depth looking for holes in the wall, and at least one house with a front door that can't be reached from outside, and can't be used to even get outside due to the overhang on the porch, so the only way in or out is through two gates and a trapdoor you have to swim to. If you're not using SPERG or don't have some other passive, waterbreathing or power effect going, you should probably stock up on potions before you go. I think the alchemy stand in my one marketplace was carrying one potion, so it's not like you can stock up once you get there.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

If anyone was surprised by this you are far too gullible for this (gaming) world. Paid modding is coming no matter how hard we kick and scream and games will be even more buggy and unfinished because of it. Modmakers will grovel in the corner with the scraps Bethesda deign to bestow upon them while bathing in money themselves. In the dark hallway nearby, you stand, mewling: "i-i-i just want a complete game... please..."

The publishers and developers will snicker to themselves and say "release the hounds" while modmakers rise to a truly alien stance and howl in a inhuman voice barely even resembling laughter anymore, or anything you were prepared to hear.

You last thought as the dogs disembowel you go to the times you could download CBBE tittymods for free.

It is the end times.

You are dead.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

If it's going to the draconian lengths that we're expecting, I'll be very surprised if the whole bethesda.net enforcement mechanism survives more than a week before it's cracked and bypassed.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dongattack posted:

If anyone was surprised by this you are far too gullible for this (gaming) world. Paid modding is coming no matter how hard we kick and scream and games will be even more buggy and unfinished because of it. Modmakers will grovel in the corner with the scraps Bethesda deign to bestow upon them while bathing in money themselves. In the dark hallway nearby, you stand, mewling: "i-i-i just want a complete game... please..."

The publishers and developers will snicker to themselves and say "release the hounds" while modmakers rise to a truly alien stance and howl in a inhuman voice barely even resembling laughter anymore, or anything you were prepared to hear.

You last thought as the dogs disembowel you go to the times you could download CBBE tittymods for free.

It is the end times.

You are dead.
Yep. We had a good run.

Still, there could be a bright side - PC gamers could move en masse to games that don't pull this kind of thing, of which there'll be plenty, and that in turn will inspire the makers of those games to make better, more robust toolsets. Bethesda have had a stranglehold over RPGs with modding support for a while, which is exactly what's led to this complacency.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dongattack posted:

It is the end times.

You are dead.
Please add this to the OP. TIA

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I can't wait for the what.cd of modding looks like

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Honestly, Skyrim had a great run and when Bethesda sends it into the long night, I'll be ready to bid it a fond farewell and move on. Won't be worth going to the trouble to pirate my mods and sort out how to make them work together.

With modding behind paywalls TES6 is going to be a catastrophe and it's amazing that Bethesda is so blinded by short term greed that they can't see it coming.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 29, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
If nothing else, I'd kinda figure that they're aware of Gategate and can imagine what that would be like with real money and a contract to which they are a party.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"Come on guys, surely they've learned from their mistakes by now!"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dongattack posted:

It is the end times.

You are dead.

Can this be the title of the thread? Like, the whole thing?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I wonder if Pete Hines is also running JEB!'s presidential campaign, with jumping on landmines repeatedly and such.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've been using skytweaks to slow down leveling on my new playthrough. I've been adjusting dials and everything was going fine, but now I can't hit level 10. I get my last skillup, the bar resets, I get the cool level up shouting thing, and the game popups up ever few minutes that I should open the skillmenu to level up. Except the skill menu just says skills, and not level up, and when opening it, I don't get to choose health/stam/magic, and I don't have a skill point. I haven't adjusted skytweaks in a few levels before then, and going in and fiddling with things doesn't seem to fix it either. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the bar is just hosed up.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I haven't really had time to check it out in depth, but someone's putting together a comprehensive guide to Skyrim modding: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54609/

Associated Bethesda forums thread about an addition focusing on scripting (which I'm looking forward to tbh): http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1513978-modding-skyrim-scripters-edition/

• Locked thread