Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KoB posted:

Is there proof SSJ Goku actually means anything apart from hearsay on the internet?

There's no like, hard numbers but plenty of people have whaled enough to test it. Super goku increases rates by some vague percent chance. Maybe 1.5x maybe 2x who knows, it's enough that almost every time you get him you'll be getting an SR at any rate.

runwiled posted:

Just to relate my experience on pulls: I did a single pull the other day, Goku was Super Saiyan and all I got was a rare. You can at least take that as evidence that yellow-hair does not equal guaranteed better than rare. Who knows if it affects overall percentages.

Conversely I've summoned multiple SRs with Goku looking normal. I have yet to summon a SSR.

I've also pulled SRs while normal and Rs while super. But at the same time single pulls feel better to me because I've pulled like three SRs in as few as five pulls but with a multi-pull I've wasted 50 stones and gotten nothing but Rs and the one token SR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

I hope they put in Xenoverse stuff because I want Supreme Kai of Time in my party

We already have Xenoverse coat Trunks cmon

i want king kai in my party

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kelp Plankton posted:

i want king kai in my party

I want a Master Roshi, dammit. I think I've gotten more Androids than anything.

Did 3 pulls today, got R PHY #17, R STR Recoome, and SR TEQ Krillin.
At least I can feed the Krillin to the other SR TEQ Krillin I have to level up his special attack.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

There's no like, hard numbers but plenty of people have whaled enough to test it. Super goku increases rates by some vague percent chance. Maybe 1.5x maybe 2x who knows, it's enough that almost every time you get him you'll be getting an SR at any rate.

I've also pulled SRs while normal and Rs while super. But at the same time single pulls feel better to me because I've pulled like three SRs in as few as five pulls but with a multi-pull I've wasted 50 stones and gotten nothing but Rs and the one token SR.

Sounds like its completely random. Its completely against their interests to make single pulls better.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

the_steve posted:

I want a Master Roshi, dammit. I think I've gotten more Androids than anything.

Did 3 pulls today, got R PHY #17, R STR Recoome, and SR TEQ Krillin.
At least I can feed the Krillin to the other SR TEQ Krillin I have to level up his special attack.

I need the awakening item to get Full Powered Roshi. I hope that's added in soon.

I've almost completed awakening my full team. Just have 7 SR's to go, and 1 R Chaotzu that I got from a friend pull. Then I'll just have to level up 18 SSR*'s and those 24 SR*'s and I'll have 53 level 60's and above. Still no natural SSR though. Although I have a feeling I'll be trying to get that SR Piccolo tomorrow, ruining my plans. Does any one know what type that Piccolo is?

Edit: According to Reddit he's a PHY type.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 28, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'll probably farm as many Piccolo Jr's as I can. I don't have enough good PHY as it is.

Edit: There's a multi-pull on Reddit of a SSR Piccolo, SSJ2 Goku, and Final Form Frieza, plus a SR STR Gohan. What the gently caress.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So the "10 or more training items acquired" mission is bullshit. I finally got lucky enough to get 10 items during Korin's Tower and I didn't get it. So you have to get at least 11 which as far as I can tell is near impossible unless you're extremely lucky.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
loving sweet, today's the day for the Supreme Kai medal from the download rewards. Soon UR SSJ Bardock will be mine! Shame about that TEQ SSJ Vegeta. Should have needed a different medal, broseph.

Now I just need 1.65 million Zeni. Hercule is going to be pretty beat up this weekend.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I was able to awaken two more of my guys tonight, meaning I only have 5 left to awaken. I was also getting bored of running with my All AGL team on the awakening event , so I decided to finally try and tackle Z-Hard Campaign Missions with my SSR* team. I've done pretty good so far, using minimal items (Cargo's and Green Capsule Corp Potions). I'm halfway through "The Emperor's Wrath", and I've gone from 5 to 38 dragon stones (thanks to being able to complete some missions without using items). I think I might just keep Fasha as leader when she hits 80 (she got to 77 tonight).

I like the team I'm running now:
Fasha
Jackie Chun
Cyborg Tao
King Cold
Mecha Frezia
Kid Vegeta

I could sub out King Cold for Raditz to be my PHY, but probably not until Jackie Chun hits max level. I didn't realize Jackie Chun linked with King Cold and Mecha Frezia (Bombardment) Although looking at the link it seems like all of the strike characters share that link since the only one who we haven't seen an event yet is Mighty Mask.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So the "10 or more training items acquired" mission is bullshit. I finally got lucky enough to get 10 items during Korin's Tower and I didn't get it. So you have to get at least 11 which as far as I can tell is near impossible unless you're extremely lucky.

I didn't find it too difficut to get in Korin's Tower, are playing it on Hard? Keep in mind "?" panels practically always give you training items as well in that map.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Petiso posted:

I didn't find it too difficut to get in Korin's Tower, are playing it on Hard? Keep in mind "?" panels practically always give you training items as well in that map.

I kept getting hit by energy blasts by them, and almost none of the fights dropped one. Even on Z Hard. Even then I kept getting dicked over by rolling 4's and higher.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got Piccolo Jr. in the fifth attempt.

As expected, he mostly links with bad guys and not with the Z-warriors.
For some reason he has a link, Strength in Unity, that only has him :psyduck:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Petiso posted:

Got Piccolo Jr. in the fifth attempt.

As expected, he mostly links with bad guys and not with the Z-warriors.
For some reason he has a link, Strength in Unity, that only has him :psyduck:

Huh, if I had to guess maybe an upcoming Kami and Nail?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Apparently Cyborg Tao is a secret drop on this - not much information yet on how to pick him up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: ^^^ I just fought him there.. dropped a R Support though. He was on the leftmost branch. Your opponents seem to rotate. Tien is a clever callback, and he's worth a shitload of XP, but he's blue so he can wreck your red team.

Donuts AND bagels at work, Piccolo Jr. on my 3rd Z-Hard, and tonight starts an awesome hangout weekend with friends. Today is going to be a good day, goons.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 28, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Apparently Cyborg Tao is a secret drop on this - not much information yet on how to pick him up.

Is it the same tao? Because that seems kind of weird.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nuebot posted:

Is it the same tao? Because that seems kind of weird.

Cyborg Tao did make his debut during the 23rd Budokai.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Edit: ^^^ I just fought him there.. dropped a R Support though. He was on the leftmost branch. Your opponents seem to rotate. Tien is a clever callback, and he's worth a shitload of XP, but he's blue so he can wreck your red team.

Donuts AND bagels at work, Piccolo Jr. on my 3rd Z-Hard, and tonight starts an awesome hangout weekend with friends. Today is going to be a good day, goons.

Picked up Piccolo Jr. on my first completed Z-HARD. I'm liking this mission.

Going to farm it on HARD all day for that sweet EXP.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If you can manage it on Z-Hard (and my SSJ team is breezing through it), I've farmed 4 already on a stamina bar. It's insane. Plus the course is phenomenal for training items.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I keep rolling and I still don't have any SSRs. It's kind of a bummer, I like this game but it's really a downer when the cool things you want have an incredibly good chance of literally never being obtainable. But then there are so many people just rolling like five of them in one go.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The game is totally playable without SSRs. I realize I'm one of the luckiest bastards in the game so far, but I still made a rainbow SR Z-Fighters team just for fun and I'm rolling through with little to no problem with them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

The game is totally playable without SSRs. I realize I'm one of the luckiest bastards in the game so far, but I still made a rainbow SR Z-Fighters team just for fun and I'm rolling through with little to no problem with them.

Games like this are way less fun when you're stuck with a team of characters you don't like though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't know if it's deliberated but I'm pretty sure they just copypasted the cyborg tao from the event, maybe forgetting he could still drop his card.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got King Piccolo on my first Z-Hard attempt. Not too bad. My STR team isn't quite buff enough to do that reliably, though. Maybe after I awaken Bardock.

I really like the team building. I have a lot of flexibility from whaling, so I could make a good swing at a lot of builds, from Friezas, to the androids, to Z-Fighters, Battlefield Divas, or the Ginyu or Saiyan teams I already have. Kind of a shame that the farming stages reward mono teams, I'd love to mess with more varied teams on the regular.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why the gently caress is "Piccolo - Demonic Pride" not part of Piccolo Jr's "Demon" link?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
So I've got a solid if a little boring team:

This is my current roster:

I'm saving my stones for Perfect Cell as an all Android team sound sweet. I think I could make a decent AGI team, and a partial Saiyan team. Anyone have suggestions for teams that I'm just not seeing?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 28, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Got Piccolo on my first attempt :psyduck:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Drop rate on this event seems pretty good. Lots of gold capsules as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well, got him to Super 10.. Kinda gonna miss that level though, may keep going back to get some golds while it's here.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whoa, if a character activates Guard Break, not only does his own attack ignore blocking, any subsequent attacks in the same turn do too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guard break sounds quite nice. Wish I had the spare Gregories to SR* the R PHY #17 I have. Instead I had to awaken Yajirobe for my PHY team.

R Cell Jr. was totally a good idea, though.

Edit: Welcome aboard 17. Go back to your cat boyfriend, Bean Doctor.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 28, 2015

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. can be on the same team :getin: I wish they had stuff in common I'm really not sure if I'll even use Jr. Is he worth getting to 10, or should I focus on other things?

E: He has demon in common with green and purple R piccolo's but nothing in common with SSR Yellow, who would be the most likely pairing since its easier to get links in general from a rainbow team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He's the easiest strike to get to +10 and the level drops great loot. I don't see why not get him to +10

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wish I could run this strike on Z-Hard, but my STR guys are pretty bad.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I was able to get my Piccolo to level 60 Z-awakened with lvl 9 super attack tonight. I've used a lot of Cargo's, Green Capsuls and Dende's and Senzu's to make it happen though. Getting some good experience for my strength guys though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Once again I complete Korin's Tower with 10 items and no challenge complete. This is annoying.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Nuebot posted:

Once again I complete Korin's Tower with 10 items and no challenge complete. This is annoying.

I just got this to work for me. Hate to ask the stupid question, but are you getting10 training items?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I just got this to work for me. Hate to ask the stupid question, but are you getting10 training items?

Yes. I don't think support items even drop on Korin's Tower. I finally got it complete when I got super lucky and got like 13 in one go.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nuebot posted:

Go for fights, they sometimes drop 3 as a reward which is always nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Yes. I don't think support items even drop on Korin's Tower. I finally got it complete when I got super lucky and got like 13 in one go.

You sometimes get training locations to drop, I don't think they count.