Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'm starting to wonder if McCluster is the guy to own in Tennessee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Dobson gets cut so I don't have to go through another year of "waiver wire sleeper" bullshit from Pats homers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zypher posted:

No

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Benne posted:

I hope Dobson gets cut so I don't have to go through another year of "waiver wire sleeper" bullshit from Pats homers

I am a pats homer, which is exactly why I think we should fire Dobson into the sun.

Also lol Tolbert touchdown. I think that almost counts as a fatguy td.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Forever_Peace posted:

Also lol Tolbert touchdown. I think that almost counts as a fatguy td.

tolbert-tummy-rub.gif

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

You're right. The answer is no one on the Titans is worth owning :smith:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Give me Yeldon (and Robinson if he is still WR eligible) or give me death!

fe; uh lets revisit that tomorrow, plans are always subject to change.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
I'm going to pretend this is the trade advice thread for anyone willing.

Martavis Bryant goes down. Why not take advantage of a little panic?

12 Team Flex, standard scoring.

Hero has:
Megatron, Jeremy Hill, Decker, VJax, Blount, Latavius Murray, Davante Adams, Knile Davis, McFadden, and DeAngelo Williams

Villain is offering:
Brandon Lafell, Martavis Bryant, Lamar Miller

Hero gives up:
Adams, Blount, McFadden.

My initial reaction is that I'm fleecing him, but villain is usually fairly savvy so I'm hoping for a fresh pair of eyes to take a look...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's your WR depth look like? If you can afford to stash Martavis then I'd say pull the trigger. You'd also be getting a guaranteed starter in Miller and get the McFadden stench off your team.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Benne posted:

Carolina's offense is a tire fire and Funchess will get hilariously overdrafted

I love everyone drafting rookie receivers this year like last year's class was normal or something.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Zypher posted:

https://vine.co/v/OID7uwW6mtj

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Benne posted:

What's your WR depth look like? If you can afford to stash Martavis then I'd say pull the trigger. You'd also be getting a guaranteed starter in Miller and get the McFadden stench off your team.

Decker and VJax. Which isn't the best in the world... but I'm feeling that 3 top 15 RBs makes up for it. We can always drop one of our handcuff RBs to play with WRs on the waiver wire as well.

Thanks for the advice!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Gyshall posted:

I love everyone drafting rookie receivers this year like last year's class was normal or something.

I'm almost sort of buying into the Funchess hype just because there is no one else to throw to, but luckily I picked him up in the 13th so if hes a bust who cares.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Where should I draft OBJ in a 1 PPR keeper league? The narrative here is that he is an injury risk and not going to do what he did last year, or even that close to it. But, what if he IS that good?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Need one person to sign up for my MFL25 before midnight or the league is cancelled. Please someone save us.

Password is WHB2005

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gyshall posted:

AC/DC gonna own

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gyshall posted:

This wr class is going to be really good in the long run

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

Need one person to sign up for my MFL25 before midnight or the league is cancelled. Please someone save us.

Password is WHB2005

I get "no leagues with that password"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zypher posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhaha

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.

Hahahahah

Ha

Ah

gently caress Dexter McCluster. He always goes I drafted, blows up on the waiver wire and then does jack poo poo until you drop him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

gently caress Dexter McCluster.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many lovely years does McCluster have to have before fantasy people stop talking themselves into him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Holdup people actually believed in McCluster doing something sustainable in any point in time?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
But but but it's his year!

I will say Mariota / the offense looked better when McCluster was on the field. Especially for the two minute drill.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Didnt he have RB/WR designation at one point?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yes. That's where the original hype came from

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhaha

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.

Hahahahah

Ha

Ah

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you're interested in lovely backs on terrible teams I have this 2014 Toby Gerhart to sell you for a low low value of 4th round ADP.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

If you're interested in lovely backs on terrible teams I have this 2014 Toby Gerhart to sell you for a low low value of 4th round ADP.

Trigger warning please

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is the year for kirk cousins

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm doing my first auction draft tonight, and our budget is set at 100$ not 200$ like in the auction draft beersheet, should I just halve the values or should I use their relative values as a guide only?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Poonerman posted:

this is the year for kirk cousins

To throw all the INTs?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Did people here buy the Toby Gerhart talk last year? Because while I've been wrong plenty of times (didn't think odb was any good coming out of college for example) I saw his train wreck of a season coming from a mile away and I'm sure others here did too. He went late 3rd round in my draft lmao.

Getting "volume" anywhere doesn't mean jack poo poo if you just plain suck rear end.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If he's there late, I'm buying all the shares of Zach Zenner that I can.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

Did people here buy the Toby Gerhart talk last year? Because while I've been wrong plenty of times (didn't think odb was any good coming out of college for example) I saw his train wreck of a season coming from a mile away and I'm sure others here did too. He went late 3rd round in my draft lmao.

Getting "volume" anywhere doesn't mean jack poo poo if you just plain suck rear end.

I drafted Gerhart in the 5th round last year and was saved by a wonderful angel in my league who offered me a 4th round pick (keeper league) for him literally 15 minutes after the draft.

Boy was he mad.

Thinking about it now, it's amazing I finished 2nd in that league. I took Montee Ball in the 2nd, Gerhart in the 4th, and my 2 keepers were Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree :shepspends:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 29, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Some thoughts after watching Pats/Car last night:
- Losing Develin is kind of a bummer. They've been able to do some pretty creative things with him in red zone packages, and I think this could hurt our red zone efficiency for the first half of this year (particularly if we're starting Jimmy G for the first 4 games). That said, for fantasy, Blount maybe gets an extra 3-4 red zone carries this year. Chance at maybe one extra touchdown.
- I think Blount as a three-down back was a red herring. Expect Cadet and White to be more involved on passing downs during the season. I think Bill just doesn't want to show his hand.
- Chandler looked good, but last night is not representative of what his usage is going to be, with Gronk on the sidelines and all. With such poo poo receivers this year outside of Edelman (and LaFell if he's healthy), I'm hoping for a return of two-TE sets, maybe even 3-TE sets with Hooman out there as well to block. 6'6 Gronk and 6'7 Chandler could make for a fun duo. Chandler is also a good blocker (and so is Gronk), so if their usage of two-TE sets is what I'm expecting, I think the outside running game could be very good, and I think we tear any team with mediocre linebackers to shreds. However, I do think that redzone fade is something we'll be seeing again during the season. I maintain that Chandler is going to have a number of weeks as a top-10 TE.
- Fire Dobson into the sun. TIA.
- On the defensive side, Sheard looks like a phenomenal steal. He's a perfect fit for the scheme, and despite being a preseason game, they threw in a decent amount of switches between a base 3-4 and 4-3 defense, where Sheard's flexibility along the front line gives them a lot of room for creativity. Mayo/Collins/Hightower is a really exciting linebacker group (Collins was goddamned everywhere again last night), and I also have high hopes for our first-round DT Malcolm Brown (who oozes potential but needs to work on his focus and effort - NE seems as good a place as any to learn that).
- Carolina receivers are real bad ya'll.
- Cam was forcefeeding Olsen all drat night. I actually think this usage will be typical of the regular season, which just reeks of desperation. Olsen gonna get like 140 targets this year.
- Not sold on Artis-Payne, but I like the long-term opportunity. Not much competition there behind JStew.
- Carolina defense still pretty good.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Some thoughts after watching Det/Jax this morning:
- Here's the argument I put forward for Zach Zenner a few weeks ago in case you missed it. Not sure there's a higher-variance running back in football right now, in terms of expected outcome. Ceiling is a 1b stud to Abdullah's 1a (Joique sucks Joique sucks Joique sucks), floor is inactive for the entire season with maybe a handful of carries week 17. Fantastic gamble in dynasty though - I picked him up in a goon league a while back and just slapped a 5-year contract on him (though I initially leaned towards keeping Brandon Oliver over him, it's non-ppr so I eventually went with the guy who could be a stud).
- Megatron/Tate gonna own this year.
- Abdullah gonna own this year.
- Stafford gonna own a handful of games this year.
- Every time I talk myself out of liking Bortles, he just lures my right back in. I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU.
- Luke Joeckel is starting to look like a serious liability at left tackle for Jax. This is a problem for Bort, which in turn makes it a problem for ARob and Hurns, but also could be a problem for Yeldon unless he can really quickly gain the trust of the coaching staff in pass protection. He doesn't have any big problems there or anything, and he was getting three-down work with the first team, but later in the game, Pierce had a phenomenal last-second block that kept Bort from getting laid the gently caress out on his blindside (after another bad Joeckel error). QB >>>>> RB in the eyes of the organization, so if Joeckel continues to have issues, I wouldn't be surprised if the vets (like Pierce) continue to see snaps, particularly against good fronts. I really like volume guys at running back, and initially thought that Yeldon could be that volume guy this year (it seems pretty clear that the coaching staff intended to use him as such), but protecting Bort takes priority for them.
- Have I mentioned that Abdullah is gonna own this year? Abdullah gonna own this year.
- ARob actually looked really good whenever the offense was able to scheme him into a 1-on-1. Pretty decent on his routes. HOWEVER, he was in over his head whenever they moved into a compressed field. He's going to be a disappointing redzone target this year, I think. But he may put up enough yards that it doesn't actually matter. Still think Fitz has a better season though.
- Jags surprisingly deep at TE. Think that's are where TDs are gonna come from this year (that and Yeldon).
- Abdullah gonna own this year.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Finishing up my draft strategy for a 8-team 2QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1 RB/WR/TE non-PPR league. Based on the mock drafts against computers (since I can't find a good site to do a 2 QB mock against real people) I think I have at least a decent idea of how players might come off the board, but would appreciate some other thoughts on my overall rounds strategy and the players I have as preliminary targets (since they seem to be most often available). I aim to have 2 QBs a RB and a WR for rounds 1-4, so picks 1/2 would be QB/RB or RB/QB, same idea with picks 3/4

1. Best RB / QB (Wilson / Manning / Big Ben / Lynch / CJ Anderson / Jeremy Hill)
2. Best RB / QB (Wilson / Manning / Big Ben / Lynch / CJ Anderson / Jeremy Hill)
3. Best WR / QB (Romo / Tannehill / Newton / ODB Jr / Megatron / Cobb)
4. Best WR / QB (Romo / Tannehill / Newton / ODB Jr / Megatron / Cobb)
5. Frank Gore / Latavius Murray
6. DeAndre Hopkins / AJ80
7. Blount / Todd Gurley
8. Amari Cooper / Allen Robinson
9. Abdullah / CJ Spiller
10. Mike Wallace / Charles Johnson
11-16. Flyers, sleepers, DST, K

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 29, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
What position do you draft in? That would give some better context to your targets each round.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I'm not sure you NEED to have a second QB by the end of round 4. Remember, only 8 teams. I think I'd amend that to have one each of a WR/QB/RB by the end of the third round and then play it by ear. You could easily delay your second and third QBs and still end up with something like Big Ben/Bradford/Bridgewater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Kloaked00 posted:

Finishing up my draft strategy for a 8-team 2QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1 RB/WR/TE non-PPR league. Based on the mock drafts against computers (since I can't find a good site to do a 2 QB mock against real people)

Can you link the site for these mocks against computers, I have only found one, and it is not very good.

• Locked thread