Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

mr. mephistopheles posted:

are your eyes broken

skip @han_horan had me raising a eyebrow. Maybe Han is short for Hanna and not Hansel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Simstim posted:

you responsible for the generously sized censor sign?

yes, it was a toilet making GBS threads selfie contest thread

what does this emote mean I never understood it. cuck?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

what does this emote mean I never understood it. cuck?

He's getting a hen.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

an hen

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
am i the hen? is this sex time?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

tbh I think the ability to index a lot of data (ie use the internet to research well), critically think, and sift through bullshit is WAY more important than memorizing poo poo like an encyclopedia.

obviously it's important to remember things but imo the model of rote memorization to learn is obsolete. why memorize a bunch of dates when instead you can just remember something happened and then look it up in moments for the details? like using pointers in programming for efficiency. I don't need to know the quadratic equation if I know it exists and I can just look it up if I need it, for example.

I have to go back here. What is a millennial definition on "indexing data"? Please exclude google searching

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How did Peter Parker take all those pictures of Spiderman

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNS0JaX9_X8crosspost from antismoking thread

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Sir_Charles posted:

I was born in 87 and feel the same way. Having social media in high school or earlier seems to be a defining feature of millennials but we didn't really have that.

myspace existed and was popular the entire time you were in high school

Casimir Radon posted:

Good job on standing up for our generation Wiz Khalifa,

by acting like a douchebag at the airport.

I don't see any yellow anywhere in this

Ork of Fiction posted:

skip @han_horan had me raising a eyebrow. Maybe Han is short for Hanna and not Hansel?

no idea but it's 100% obviously a woman and not even in the "maybe could pass for a guy with the right hairstyle and clothes" sort of way

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-suhRCpfME

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I talked to my boomer parents today about this and they apologized for leaving us a poo poo world but then said to be fair their parents caused world war ii, and that was a pretty good point.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

I talked to my boomer parents today about this and they apologized for leaving us a poo poo world but then said to be fair their parents caused world war ii, and that was a pretty good point.

and their parents parents caused the bore war, the most boring war in history. absolute snoozefest.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and wwi was their kids making a more exciting war to make up for how lame the previous one was

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Naerasa posted:

Their parents might have fought in WW2, but I'm pretty sure that war was caused by the left-overs from the previous world war, which was caused by the old people in Europe, so we're talking about people born in the mid-19th century. Nice of them to blame their parents for the actions of some dickheads on another continent a hundred years before they were born.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

Their parents might have fought in WW2, but I'm pretty sure that war was caused by the left-overs from the previous world war, which was caused by the old people in Europe, so we're talking about people born in the mid-19th century. Nice of them to blame their parents for the actions of some dickheads on another continent a hundred years before they were born.

basically it's all napoleon's fault

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's Napoleon's parents' fault.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
you can go back forever to find whose fault it is but the one thing that's for certain and that matters is that millennials loving suck

girlvirus
Jul 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8TEESN6yg

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I own a house and was born in 1984 does that mean I'm better than my contemporaries? ?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Two monks were making a pilgrimage to venerate the relics of a great Saint. During the course of their journey, they came to a river where they met a beautiful young woman -- an apparently worldly creature, dressed in expensive finery and with her hair done up in the latest fashion. She was afraid of the current and afraid of ruining her lovely clothing, so asked the brothers if they might carry her across the river.

The younger and more exacting of the brothers was offended at the very idea and turned away with an attitude of disgust. The older brother didn't hesitate, and quickly picked the woman up on his shoulders, carried her across the river, and set her down on the other side. She thanked him and went on her way, and the brother waded back through the waters.

The monks resumed their walk, the older one in perfect equanimity and enjoying the beautiful countryside, while the younger one grew more and more brooding and distracted, so much so that he could keep his silence no longer and suddenly burst out, "Brother, we are taught to avoid contact with women, and there you were, not just touching a woman, but carrying her on your shoulders!"

The older monk looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, "Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying her."

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Ocean Book posted:

Two monks were making a pilgrimage to venerate the relics of a great Saint. During the course of their journey, they came to a river where they met a beautiful young woman -- an apparently worldly creature, dressed in expensive finery and with her hair done up in the latest fashion. She was afraid of the current and afraid of ruining her lovely clothing, so asked the brothers if they might carry her across the river.

The younger and more exacting of the brothers was offended at the very idea and turned away with an attitude of disgust. The older brother didn't hesitate, and quickly picked the woman up on his shoulders, carried her across the river, and set her down on the other side. She thanked him and went on her way, and the brother waded back through the waters.

The monks resumed their walk, the older one in perfect equanimity and enjoying the beautiful countryside, while the younger one grew more and more brooding and distracted, so much so that he could keep his silence no longer and suddenly burst out, "Brother, we are taught to avoid contact with women, and there you were, not just touching a woman, but carrying her on your shoulders!"

The older monk looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, "Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying her."

hosed up if plausible

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I own a house and was born in 1984 does that mean I'm better than my contemporaries? ?

Depends, what is your parents tax bracket, and are you a computer programmer?

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Millennial here. Looking forward to making being over 70 a crime punishable by death.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

myspace existed and was popular the entire time you were in high school

Myspace got popular my junior year of high school and even then it was basically Livejournal 2.0. Totally different scope.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

KakerMix posted:

where's the house

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

DenizenKane posted:

Millennial here. Looking forward to making being over 70 a crime punishable by death.

If only we elected in the Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, they would have slashed social security and not only would we be punishing the elderly to death but making it an agonizing trip on the way down.

naem
May 29, 2011

Social security is going no where, all old people do is vote

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
What the gently caress is with Millennials and having beards and wearing plaid shirts? I was at a bar and it was like I was at the worlds-scrawniest-lumberjack meetup.

naem
May 29, 2011

Archer666 posted:

What the gently caress is with Millennials and having beards and wearing plaid shirts? I was at a bar and it was like I was at the worlds-scrawniest-lumberjack meetup.

Well off young people dressing like working class people ironically has always been a thing, but the lumberjack look just hits all the right spots somehow

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Archer666 posted:

It's like suburban kids dressing up like their favorite hip hop artists. Instead of urban culture, in this case it's cosplay for masculinity.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I want to carry a worldly babe across a river

calhoun
Feb 8, 2004

quote:

The older goon looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, "Good sir, I set her printer down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying it."

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

quote:

The older goon looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, "Goon sir, I set her printer down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying it."

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

wow when they say long and hard on a black man they really weren't joking about 3rd grade

Risky
May 18, 2003

Grand Prize Winner posted:

'87 is late gen-x okay i don't wanna be a millennial

http://www.socialmarketing.org/newsletter/features/generation3.htm

'77 here and I made it into the millennials

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

"if i go down at least I'll get a bunch of likes on this photo"

i also would like to see them dead hahaha what a laff

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I don't care how rich you are, you don't wear white to a wedding unless you're the bride :argh:

Casimir Radon posted:

Good job on standing up for our generation Wiz Khalifa,

by acting like a douchebag at the airport.

Wait - so that's his loving "hoverboard"?

It's a pissy little segue wannabe.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
That a Jimmy John's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

quote:

KEEP OUR TEETH

• Locked thread