Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Macaluso posted:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/shovel-knight-amiibo/

I mean that's all tied to the amiibo so if you don't like amiibos i guess there's nothing there for you, but there is free DLC coming soon and then more after that so

Anyway. Gimme dat amiibo

If you don't love shovel knight enough to get the amiibo then you don't deserve that extra poo poo

If co-op is a Wii U exclusive then I guess I'm gonna have to buy the Wii U version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

buying the shovel knight amiibo will help assuage my guilt about yacht club giving me this super cool looking DLC package for free

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So then, will shovel knight get an unlockable costume in mario maker like the other amiibo?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
All DLC should have Amiibo versions from now on.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Does it matter in what order I play the Sin & Punishment games? Like, will the N64 version feel dated and lovely if I play the Wii one first?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Does it matter in what order I play the Sin & Punishment games? Like, will the N64 version feel dated and lovely if I play the Wii one first?

Not super dated but the Wii one is nicer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chill Penguin posted:

Play the N64 one first.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Best controller for the N64 one? I have Pro controller, Wiimote+Nunchuk, GameCube, and Gamepad obviously.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GameCube won't work so Pro or Gamepad.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pro controller's probably the best bet.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
So, for those who picked up S&P1, how is it? I understand there's a dark filter, but how does it handle? Input lag? Remappable controls sounds nice for this game

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
All you really need to know for Sin and Punishment is the following;

Don't use Automatic Targeting, it does less damage than Manual. There's still one or two bosses where it's helpful though.

When you get to the Aerial Railgun stage, go pop some blood thinners or chug a beer first. On Normal or higher it will poo poo you right off.

You can farm a whole lot of extra continues in the first few levels off the critters passing by.

Get the Extra Time pickups when you see them. There's one or two later levels that push the time limit even without you getting hung up on events, and you start burning health when it hits zero.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Polo-Rican posted:

I really wish Duck Hunt hadn't been spoiled with the big leak pre-release, because otherwise his reveal would have been a massive holy poo poo moment. It's the perfect surprise addition to the Smash roster, because he's one of the most iconic characters from one of the most popular NES games, and absolutely nobody saw it coming.

The best part of Duck Hunt is all the nerds mad at his inclusion instead of (insert more modern character here). Yea know cuz one of the most important and early Nintendo mascots doesn't deserve the honor.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Gutcruncher posted:

The best part of Duck Hunt is all the nerds mad at his inclusion instead of (insert more modern character here). Yea know cuz one of the most important and early Nintendo mascots doesn't deserve the honor.

I think my favorite part about Smash is when we get curveball characters that people hate, but eventually warm up to. I remember when Melee came out and while there was tons of bitching about Marth and Roy (They're JPN characters only! Roy's game isn't even OUT yet!) the inclusion of Mr. Game & Watch was downright baffling to some people. They wanted Wolf or Meta Knight instead, and were pissed about his inclusion, but now it feels like the Smash roster wouldn't be complete without him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Unless the entire game is reworked for it I couldn't care less honestly. All the platforming was made with a single person in mind and I have a hard time seeing how the old Sonic problem won't fit in where one shovel knight speeds ahead leaving the other behind.

Sorry but I don't think co-op is instantly a boon with some games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What controllers work with Sin and Punishment: Star Successor on the Wii U?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Unless the entire game is reworked for it I couldn't care less honestly. All the platforming was made with a single person in mind and I have a hard time seeing how the old Sonic problem won't fit in where one shovel knight speeds ahead leaving the other behind.

Sorry but I don't think co-op is instantly a boon with some games.

me (in co-op owns shirt and co-op rules funny foam pointer finger): wow... g*d...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Augus posted:

It was designed for remote+Nunchuk, and it works very well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oddium posted:

me (in co-op owns shirt and co-op rules funny foam pointer finger): wow... g*d...

For once I'm... not sorry.......

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm playing plenty of runbow, it's really awesome. I highly recomend it. One problem - there are character unlocks for playing so many multiplayer matches - 2, 5 and 10 I think. I have the characters for 5 and 10 multiplayer unlocks - but not two. Anyone else have this problem?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Starfox Gameplay

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

Micromanaging that lil robot to open doors does not seem fun at all

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This is a really unhype video. Where's the actual on-rails shooter portions of this game?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Technically not new, it's literally one of the ones shown at E3 like the rest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Augus posted:

It definitely controls better with a wiimote and nunchuk, but you'll be alright with muscle memory and a gamepad if you've already played S&P:Successor to the Earth.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is a really unhype video. Where's the actual on-rails shooter portions of this game?

Every other stage they've shown has been that.

I don't think this stage was playable on the floor at e3 but it was the one they showed a glimpse at when they introduced the gyrowing (I think). I dunno, as long as these stages aren't super frequent I think it's kinda cool v:shobon:v

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Every other stage they've shown has been that.

I don't think this stage was playable on the floor at e3 but it was the one they showed a glimpse at when they introduced the gyrowing (I think). I dunno, as long as these stages aren't super frequent I think it's kinda cool v:shobon:v

Nah, they totally showed that level at E3, I think it was only shown in the treehouse, like everyone on the floor could access the other two and some Treehouse person put in a command to enter that third level.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It definitely controls better with a wiimote and nunchuk, but you'll be alright with muscle memory and a gamepad if you've already played S&P:Successor to the Earth.
Is the difficulty balanced differently when using a gamepad? I remember the Treasure guys saying (in Iwata Asks?) they tested based on a controller initially but it became too easy with the remote so they made the game harder to compensate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There went any desire to want to buy this. :/

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, it looks tedious.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I can't get over how annoying the gameplay in the new Starfox looks. I can't imagine having 3rd person view on the TV and 1st person view on the controller working well.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

There went any desire to want to buy this. :/

It's Starfox. You should have seen this coming by now.

One of these days Nintendo might realize they can, like, make a decent straight rail shooter for the franchise and sell it on the eShop for like $20 and make millions and millions of dollars instead of shoveling in a whole bunch of bullshit nobody wants, try to sell the bloated carcass of Fox McCloud for $60, then drop Starfox like a bad habit for another seven years.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Star Fox is good. I like Star Fox.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Mr. Locke posted:

It's Starfox. You should have seen this coming by now.

One of these days Nintendo might realize they can, like, make a decent straight rail shooter for the franchise and sell it on the eShop for like $20 and make millions and millions of dollars instead of shoveling in a whole bunch of bullshit nobody wants, try to sell the bloated carcass of Fox McCloud for $60, then drop Starfox like a bad habit for another seven years.

lmao no one wants to buy that. In fact, only a very vocal minority even cares about Starfox so be glad you're getting anything at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Katana Gomai posted:

lmao no one wants to buy that. In fact, only a very vocal minority even cares about Starfox so be glad you're getting anything at all.

That "vocal minority" being the entire Starfox playerbase.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That "vocal minority" being the entire Starfox playerbase.

Yea that's my point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New Star Fox game isn't good, Star Fox fans still don't realize that 64 was a fluke, all this and more at 11.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The entire history of Star Fox is utterly bizarre to begin with. Starts with a couple well-received rail gun shooters, then things go nuts once they pasted the theme on a generic Rare Zelda knockoff, and from there it becomes furry soap opera.

Bring back F-Zero Nintendo, at least that's a niche series with a more entertaining story (referring to GX, dunno if Climax's story was any good).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

So platinum finally gets a game where it's appropriate to make rail shooter segments for the whole entire game and instead they make a helicopter management sim with stealth sections.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Am I interpreting something wrong, or are people really, actually saying that because they saw 4 minutes of non-railshooter gameplay star fox is dead and buried and the game is poo poo?

• Locked thread