Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

One of the things this comic needs the least is conspiracy theories, Suzy! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So the comic Zack posted about in his comment for this page Demon's Mirror is actually super rad. It takes about an hour/90 minutes to read the archive up to now so the next time you try to come up with sick burns for your posts maybe you could read this instead!

But you don't have to take my word for it, check out this page where a demon eats someone's face

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I read the whole thing earlier today, it was a blast. It really filled the Kill Six Billion Demons-shaped hole in my life for two hours.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Is there any reason not to think that Max was Hijacked when talking to Doorman, rather than that he's double possessed?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Paramemetic posted:

Is there any reason not to think that Max was Hijacked when talking to Doorman, rather than that he's double possessed?

Red eyes versus white eyes. Likely to be same faction though, and one that defines itself through possession

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

So the comic Zack posted about in his comment for this page Demon's Mirror is actually super rad. It takes about an hour/90 minutes to read the archive up to now so the next time you try to come up with sick burns for your posts maybe you could read this instead!

But you don't have to take my word for it, check out this page where a demon eats someone's face

Haven't read that one yet but I checked out the Unsounded comic that Zack also gave a shout-out to. Holy poo poo it is good.

Chapter 2 though. :stare:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Red eyes versus white eyes. Likely to be same faction though, and one that defines itself through possession

Man I love the line "If you must be pious, boy, choose a proper priest."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Seconding this, this comic is really good and a fast read.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Paramemetic posted:

max isn't possessed by scrapdragon, the bat is

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndyP posted:

Haven't read that one yet but I checked out the Unsounded comic that Zack also gave a shout-out to. Holy poo poo it is good.

Chapter 2 though. :stare:

unsounded: life is terrible, then you die, then if you're unlucky somebody brings you back as part of a shadowy conspiracy to create a pain-fueled wmd :stonklol:

that comic is very good, and very dark

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Just binge read this, can confirm. Excellent stuff. Worst thing is that it looks like it's currently wrapping up, but not quiiiiiiiiiite there yet so it sucks when you hit the end of the archives.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
New page is up.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I love how neither Isabel or Hijack even cares the slightest bit about the fact Suzy is literally putting their entire conversation on tape right now. :allears:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

VerdantSquire posted:

I love how neither Isabel or Hijack even cares the slightest bit about the fact Suzy is literally putting their entire conversation on tape right now. :allears:

Hijack has pretty much zero reason to care, and Isabel has already exposed paranatural powers to mundanes before

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Nobody reads the school newspaper in any case.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Cody's Hitball skills being on a completely different level from everyone else's will never stop being funny.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Simsmagic posted:

Nobody reads the school newspaper in any case.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"ball opens like a droideka to reveal it was the real max all along"

seems legit

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Max is obviously transformed into a second ball hidden in the shadow of the first ball

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Max will send his white gorilla to intercept the ball, and at the last moment make it swap position with Cody.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

the entire scenario is just genjutsu, Cody has already been hit by the ball

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Cat Mattress posted:

"ball opens like a droideka to reveal it was the real max all along"

seems legit
"Star Wars!" :thumbsup:

First panel of the next update is just Max picking his nose to the side right before Cody is beaned by the Golden Switch.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AnonSpore posted:

Max is obviously transformed into a second ball hidden in the shadow of the first ball

Picture four balls on the edge of a cliff...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

AnonSpore posted:

!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Update

Not quite, but still. :stare:

Alt-text: i think that's enough freebies. anyways, here's my plan

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 1, 2015

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I like how considered Hijack is being with Jeff. He truly knows the meaning of Star Wars now.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

It's kinda weird that Hijack is saying that he isn't evil considering how eerily okay he is with crippling and murdering children.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

VerdantSquire posted:

It's kinda weird that Hijack is saying that he isn't evil considering how eerily okay he is with crippling and murdering children.

He is merely continuing the trend of all spirits being articulate and interested in ethics regardless of what those ethics actually are.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Nobody's even refereeing. They're all hitballing on the honour system.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Now watch as the flattened ball turns out to be Johnny in disguise.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Splicer posted:

Nobody's even refereeing. They're all hitballing on the honour system.

The only way to hitball, truly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Slime posted:

Now watch as the flattened ball turns out to be Johnny in disguise.

Honestly this whole attack on Cody has been so unbelievably convoluted that I wouldn't be surprised at any additional number of twists and surprises. Isabel and "Jeff" are getting in a lot of conversation in the time it takes for a couple of balls to go back and forth.

Strange that the puppeteer seems to be considerate enough to want Jeff to not get into real trouble.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolash posted:

Honestly this whole attack on Cody has been so unbelievably convoluted that I wouldn't be surprised at any additional number of twists and surprises. Isabel and "Jeff" are getting in a lot of conversation in the time it takes for a couple of balls to go back and forth.

Strange that the puppeteer seems to be considerate enough to want Jeff to not get into real trouble.

Hijack's attached to Jeff's mind and seems to be reading his thoughts; empathy for his hosts makes enough sense. He even said that he's "apparently" in a bad mood, presumably as a result of picking up Jeff's feelings after the latter was bullied by Johnny and co.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
That alt text must have changed, when I read it right after it was posted it was "just like Naruto would have".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

That alt text must have changed, when I read it right after it was posted it was "just like Naruto would have".

That happens for every update, though?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Tunicate posted:

That happens for every update, though?

I was not aware of this! Did Zack make that his default alt-text? Because, that's a pretty good alt-text and works for basically any page of this comic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This webcomic is getting so Hunter X Hunter now

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hopefully it goes into less, and shorter, hiatuses.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Oxyclean posted:

Update

Not quite, but still. :stare:

Alt-text: i think that's enough freebies. anyways, here's my plan

:smugdog:

I feel like reading Naruto was worth it just so that I could predict and then subsequently understand the homage in today's strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love this dumb anime