Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Paint it chrome and black and it'll fool most cops.

Put it in the hands of a black child and it'll fool cops now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
I have some bullets marked "not suitable for hunting". Like, the manufacturer is actually saying "no guys these are not meant for shooting animals, they will do a bad job, they were designed for targets and that's it".

How can this be??

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

tumblr.txt posted:

I have some bullets marked "not suitable for hunting". Like, the manufacturer is actually saying "no guys these are not meant for shooting animals, they will do a bad job, they were designed for targets and that's it".

How can this be??

Probably some kind of manufacturing error. Guns are only allowed to kill people and that is final!!!!!.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
guns will not save you.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
PERHAPS THE TRUTH IS SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

tumblr.txt posted:

How can this be??

I don't know what the numbers mean on the box, but those bullets don't look normal to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are there actual gun arguments happening anywhere in the USA, or just pantomimes of one like this thread?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there actual gun arguments happening anywhere in the USA, or just pantomimes of one like this thread?

9mm vs. .45 ACP

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'll get back to you with this information.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

Put it in the hands of a black child and it'll fool cops now.

Don't worry, the cops'll put it there themselves after the fact.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't know what the numbers mean on the box, but those bullets don't look normal to me.
I think they're for dispelling vampires, or possibly ghosts, I always forget.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

tumblr.txt posted:

I think they're for dispelling vampires, or possibly ghosts, I always forget.

I don't think this guy is being serious.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
The gunstore near me sells this:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

tumblr.txt posted:

The gunstore near me sells this:

but if guns are made for killing... how can you that... which is already dead?!?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

There isn't anything to argue. The "solutions" are completely uninteresting and trivial. The implementation is impossible because "gun control" is just code for banning them all so anything that doesn't do that, isn't of any interest to the people "just asking questions" about gun control.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Fog Tripper posted:

I heard there was a happening thread in here.

ASK ME: How fun it is to shoot WWII era milsurp

It's pretty damned fun.

What sort of WWII era milsurp we talking? Because that does sound fun.

Also I own a dart gun it's pretty cool but I gotta be honest I don't actually think it would be very good at killing people. Hurting them, yeah, but killing would probably be pretty tough. Possible, though!

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SedanChair posted:

They're dopes like most Americans.

I thought you were supposed to be one of the "progressive" gun nuts?

If you want to keep that up, you should probably work a little bit harder to mask your sneering contempt of black Americans.

Why on earth you imagine your personal second-hand opinion as to what black people think about gun control is somehow more reliable than what black people actually think about gun control, I can't imagine. Feel free to educate yourself.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
you americans are really strange about your human killing machines

like, really intense you know

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

JawKnee posted:

mods please change topic to GUN!!!!!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

raven4267 posted:

You better believe that gun safety is a priority for both my wife and myself. The safety of my family includes being safe with my firearms. All off our guns besides our conceal carry pieces are stored safely. My conceal piece I carry everywhere that I am legally allowed to carry it, and it is loaded with a round in the chamber.
Do you walk around with a gun with a round chambered because you believe you will not have time to work the slide when you need to use the gun, or because you believe you may need the additional round?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Insect Court posted:

If you want to keep that up, you should probably work a little bit harder to mask your sneering contempt of black Americans.
SedanChair is a board certified black person so if he wants to contempt them it is his right and by trying to deny him that right it is in fact you who are the racist.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

JawKnee posted:

Clearly you don't understand how scary black people are and the ever-present threat they present

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

cheese posted:

Do you walk around with a gun with a round chambered because you believe you will not have time to work the slide when you need to use the gun, or because you believe you may need the additional round?

Hello fellow cheese. It's the former, but the latter never hurts. You should only carry a gun with a quality holster that protects the trigger from being accidentally pulled. Carrying a loaded gun without a holster is a very bad idea.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

cheese posted:

One less thing to think about when you are under stress and have more important details to pay attention to. Like identifying your target, making certain nothing behind it is in danger if you misd or it passes through the target. Oh, and because carrying without one in the chamber is asinine.

Edit: also because real life is not a movie, where people rack slides for dramatic effect.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

Clearly you don't understand how scary black people are and the ever-present threat they present

Well, their main threat is to each other, so maybe they sould work on that.

raven4267
May 7, 2009

cheese posted:

Yes. It is also how I was trained to carry in the CCW class that I took to get my permit. Also, my wife carries a revolver which basically always has a round chambered.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Well, their main threat is to each other, so maybe they sould work on that.

I think they did which is why far less black people die to guns than white people but I am not sure :shrug:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JawKnee posted:

For most people who own guns it's a tool as part of a hobby, target shooting/plinking, hunting, w/e. Ironically for people who Don't own guns, guns are a lifestyle.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Powercrazy posted:

For most people who own guns it's a tool as part of a hobby, target shooting/plinking, hunting, w/e.
For me it is less of a hobby and more of a spiritual affirmation.

Knowing that whatever happens, I have got. The Maxim gun, and they have not.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
I probably spend 99% of my hobby time on other things, 1% on guns, yet that makes me a Gun Nut.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

tumblr.txt posted:

yet that makes me a Gun Nut.

Nah. Your rabid shitposting makes you a gun nut.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
if people were trying to ban power tools without knowing the difference between a hammer and a drill you bet I'd rapidly shitpost about those as well.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

raven4267 posted:

Yes. It is also how I was trained to carry in the CCW class that I took to get my permit. Also, my wife carries a revolver which basically always has a round chambered.
I thought his wasn't a thing, what is this wizardry?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tumblr.txt posted:

if people were trying to ban power tools without knowing the difference between a hammer and a drill you bet I'd rapidly shitpost about those as well.

i disagree with you, but more importantly, I heard a black person might disagree with you, ergo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SedanChair posted:

9mm vs. .45 ACP

STOPPING POWER!!!!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

finally the D&D crew gets to the bottom of What's Up With Those Black People

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

tumblr.txt posted:

Are people actually asking for a full ban? That'd be dumb.

I know poo poo all about cars, but I can still confidently say there needs to be a way to make sure people driving actually know how to drive and are capable of doing so safely. I'm sure without those controls a lot of people would still learn how to drive properly and be responsible about it, but it's best for society as a whole if we make sure that's really the case.

I also know poo poo all about weapons, but I do know the way things are now in the US criminals and crazy people can very easily get their hands on one, so you guys should try to do something about that. This doesn't mean banning guns, not even their use for self-defense, but it does mean some kind of control. You might even call it gun control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

Are people actually asking for a full ban? That'd be dumb.

I know poo poo all about cars, but I can still confidently say there needs to be a way to make sure people driving actually know how to drive and are capable of doing so safely. I'm sure without those controls a lot of people would still learn how to drive properly and be responsible about it, but it's best for society as a whole if we make sure that's really the case.

I also know poo poo all about weapons, but I do know the way things are now in the US criminals and crazy people can very easily get their hands on one, so you guys should try to do something about that. This doesn't mean banning guns, not even their use for self-defense, but it does mean some kind of control. You might even call it gun control.

Wait what if we have a total prohibition on being crazy that could stop other problems too.

• Locked thread