Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I have to correct myself, it's 10k below employee price + 1k Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would be really surprised if that even got you down to the american price.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is $950 too high for these tires for rims? there's a tiny bit of road rash on one and the shoulders on the front set are a little rubbed from autocross.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/calgary/bridgestone-potenza-re-760-225-45r17-tires-with-enkei-ekm3-rims/1098953410?src=topAdSearch

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Today's drive to Ft. McMurray was surprisingly easy, we had good weather - even the lightning storm ahead of us mostly moved out of the way - and traffic was light and well-behaved.

Drivers actually IN Ft. Mac are as rear end-tastic as always, of course - SO. MANY. COAL-ROLLING LIFTED GODDAM BRODOZERS. Urgh.

On a lighter note, Westlock is very well-laid out for the traveller pausing in town just long enough for fuel and a bite to eat. Even wrong turns are prepared for, with side-access roads easy to get on and off of to turn around. The only downside is the abundant "Choose Life!" propaganda on decomissioned trailers.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is this Aron guy one of us ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMhAnElQmgA

Can't recall where I found this guys videos from. Wondering if it's from Alberta

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

jonathan posted:

Can't recall where I found this guys videos from. Wondering if it's from Alberta

I don't know but I want to be bros with him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

jonathan posted:

Pretty sure it was and took place outside of edmonton.

Thanks for inviting us :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm running to the pick-n-pull today, anybody want me to look out for anything?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

I'm running to the pick-n-pull today, anybody want me to look out for anything?

My dignity. :smith:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Which yard?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Which yard?

both 52nd and barlow. it seems 52nd has the BMW bits i need, and barlow has the ford bits.

El Scotch posted:

My dignity. :smith:

they did have a maserrati biturbo in there the last time i checked, i'll look around there for it, but no guarantees.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Can you let me know if you see a GMT800 in there with the back textured front OE fender flares? I've been out there pretty reguarly (you should only need to look at the freshest 4 or 5 rows) but they go missing almost immediately when the trucks get set because every one of these trucks has fender/quarter rust.
Also if you venture into the fullsize section in 52nd be careful around the red Superduty, it's about to fall over if it hasn't already.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I know that both Barlow and 52nd have Mazda 323s.

Would it be too much to ask if you could pull the front seats?

I need them for.. reasons.

If you don't have the room, no big deal. :)

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Help me out guys, I can't shake the itch to trade in the Wrangler for a short box reg cab F150 with a Coyote (sub 35k MSRP and it's basically a mustang GT with a bed). Stupid Roadkill and their muscle truck. I'm hoping that once I can pull the doors and roof off the Wrangler and finally have my Superleggera the urges will subside...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

McTinkerson posted:

Help me out guys

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1982-delorean/1085065339?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Buy this and use it to go back to February, before Ford did the big price hike and also had a decent sized rebate for doing a build sheet on one.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 1, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, what sick gently caress would spend money to rebuild a PRV?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Isn't the PRV pretty much the european equivalent of the Vulcan engine? They did turbo it though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Can you let me know if you see a GMT800 in there with the back textured front OE fender flares? I've been out there pretty reguarly (you should only need to look at the freshest 4 or 5 rows) but they go missing almost immediately when the trucks get set because every one of these trucks has fender/quarter rust.
Also if you venture into the fullsize section in 52nd be careful around the red Superduty, it's about to fall over if it hasn't already.

Barlow has this. They are smooth and the drivers side is scratched up a bit

:siren: tomorrow is 50% off everything for toolkit members :siren:

Leg wagon with a good set of grey leather

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 1, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't the PRV pretty much the european equivalent of the Vulcan engine? They did turbo it though.

I would say it's more the European equivalent to the GM 60-degree V6.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Calgary Sports Car Club's 2015 Loop TSD Rally is coming up. It's going on overnight on September 19th so if anybody here is interested in fun driving on gravel roads in the middle of the nightcompletely obliterating their car make sure you con somebody into being your codriver and sign up.

http://cscc.ab.ca/Loop_Rally/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is this wheels anonymous?

My name is powershift and I have a problem.

3 in the trunk 4 in the back seat and 1 riding shotgun. I was only v coming for a tailgate emblem and little random Ford bits so like an rear end in a top hat I took the car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man that's not a problem at all. That there is a solution.

(You can find alloys at Pick N Pull? You must be some kind of wizard.)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm picturing towing a little red wagon, stacked with wheels.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man that's not a problem at all. That there is a solution.

(You can find alloys at Pick N Pull? You must be some kind of wizard.)

You have no idea how great my powers have become. Those m3 wheels are nothing. The wheels filling the trunk are unicorns. 5 on 5 Lincoln mark V turbine wheels with all 4 RUST FREE caps.

All 4 caps

Rust free

All 4 of em

For 90 bucks.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You should come with us next time you go, for I believe you are the Rimspeaker spoken of in legends.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

3 in the trunk 4 in the back seat and 1 riding shotgun. I was only v coming for a tailgate emblem and little random Ford bits so like an rear end in a top hat I took the car.

Jesus christ, the Lethbridge pick and pull is a desolate wasteland compared to the treasures you are uncovering. Buy me a couple of lottery tickets K?thanx.

Meanwhile, in Medicine Hat Costco about an hour ago... :sigh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Oh man, I used to have those turbines on my 77 cougar in high school. I bought them off my auto shop teacher.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

If you ever find a proper, staggered set of Style 68s in your journeys, let me know...I'd love a set for my E46.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

jonathan posted:

Yeah, it's Shoota_McG, he's Edmonton based

Finally got a pic of the sad Grand National today

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i was sweaty and worn the gently caress out by the time i bought the bimmer rims, so i din't look too too closely at them, i just got them home to check them out, and i noticed something wrong.....

10.5/32nds at the lowest point. that seems way too high. they're only 11/32nds new

Molding flash on the tread blocks :stare:

it's like somebody put $600 worth of tires on just to get the car to the junkyard.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Goddamit man wtf

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
The prophecy is true.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I too found something for a good deal a couple days ago...

http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu3000i-handi

I found it in the woods with a poo poo ton of princessauto sledge hammers, snipes, cutting discs and
this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Man, that must have been one hell of a party. Normally ATMs only hang around with other high end appliances. looks like he finished off two whole cases of bills and passed out.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

Man, that must have been one hell of a party. Normally ATMs only hang around with other high end appliances. looks like he finished off two whole cases of bills and passed out.

Heh, it was stolen from Dawson and brought out to GP. They brought tools, split it open, emptied the $60,000 inside and split leaving all the tools behind.

Generator runs well.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Any of you guys operate near slave lake on the regular?

There is a kayak at Grizzly motorsports that I might be interested in, but I don't really want to run up there from Calgary on a whim.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

anybody bother with the 50% off day battle royale at the pick n pull?

I would imagine it's going to be a month before it's worth going back there.

Also, wheel update: good news and bad news on the BMW wheels. good: they're legit OEM M3 wheels. Bad: there's a hole in one of them.
The lincoln wheels still own
i might be too lazy to finish the other 3 ford wheels.

Here's the week's haul. $800 in wheels and tires. should be able to fix up the BMW wheels and sell em on to pay for the other two.(all the bmw wheels have caps, i just had to pull the one to fit it in the car's spare tire hole.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 3, 2015

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

anybody bother with the 50% off day battle royale at the pick n pull?

I would imagine it's going to be a month before it's worth going back there.

I should have dropped what I was doing and headed down there as soon as you posted about those flares. Went first thing this morning and they were long gone, and the rears were being pulled. Hell, that truck was so thoroughly stripped I didn't recognize it at first.
The Denali one row over was still suspiciously intact, only thing missing was the factory HIDZZ. I was considering the grille and/or seats just for fun but I don't really like either (though if I ever see an Escalanche in there I'm definitely leaving with a front clip because that would be hilarious).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So this is a new level of sketchy.

http://details.maauctions.com/IndlistingYYC_Detail.aspx?Link=2/9/2015%5E1227a5403eda4e0c9559f4bb47e36cfd

they're selling a car, in the industrial auction, with ontario plates, off site in winnipeg manitoba, with pictures of pictures as the sales pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/hKZ2Zrl

Posting this from my phone hoping one of you snaps it up. That's a good deal.

Edit: I screw up on the awful app just follow the link.