Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It wasn't until a video was late that I realized how I'm used to watching the afternoon videos right as they go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It wasn't until a video was late that I realized how I'm used to watching the afternoon videos right as they go up.

Turns out it was due to Star Fox slip-ups- https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/3irdy2/no_new_3_pm_video_today/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mortal Kombat X was cancelled for last-gen. I didn't even knew there was a last-gen version in the works.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That sucks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrijMhpSkb0 hopefully coming soon to friday night fisticuffs for the SAO ranting

The fact that Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax is apparently a legit fun game and not a sloppy weird cash-in is extremely strange to me

e: oh ex-AM2 people made it that makes sense then

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 29, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Until Dawn owns, really looking forward to the SBFP of it, to see what choices they make differently.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hubris.height posted:

Until Dawn owns, really looking forward to the SBFP of it, to see what choices they make differently.

I'm probably going to buy my own copy even. Really strong concept and implementation. But also simple enough for anyone to understand.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FauxGateau posted:

I'm probably going to buy my own copy even. Really strong concept and implementation. But also simple enough for anyone to understand.

In the opinion of someone who rarely watches horror, I feel like it was really well written and executed. The tropes are all there and they are used as tools, not crutches.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
this D-MOB vs LADIES match in the Friday Night Fisticuffs is the best

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Matt, I'm gonna be honest here. As someone who's not a fan of wrestling/fighting games, I'm only watching the intros to all the Rooster Manny Tube: Soup Bowl Saturn Dane Free videos.

Sorry.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ApeHawk posted:

Matt, I'm gonna be honest here. As someone who's not a fan of wrestling/fighting games, I'm only watching the intros to all the Rooster Manny Tube: Soup Bowl Saturn Dane Free videos.

Sorry.

I hope someone makes a supercut of the intros that would be sweet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ApeHawk posted:

Sorry.

I was the same, but then I stopped that too. Really burned out on it so I'm thankful that it's almost over.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry you guys hate fun

the cool kids will be over here watching the D-Mob Chronicles

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ApeHawk posted:

Sorry.

You're missing out, there's some goofy as gently caress games this month.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I'm still upset that Rustlemania has to end, but it will bring us closer to the mythical DOS/Shareware week which I'm also pretty excited for. It'll also free up FNF for more 3rd Strike :getin:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that last match in def jam:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrijMhpSkb0 hopefully coming soon to friday night fisticuffs for the SAO ranting

The fact that Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax is apparently a legit fun game and not a sloppy weird cash-in is extremely strange to me

e: oh ex-AM2 people made it that makes sense then

it is a sloppy cash-in game that is poorly designed

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The biggest problem with Vendetta is that Fight for New York exists and is better in every way.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
While I wanna support that statement, I think Def Jam's more wrestling style with pins and a ring can appeal more to some people.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I didn't even know Until Dawn was a thing until Wednesday. My friend told me it was a survival (slasher) horror and it sold me. Watching part one of the LP sealed the deal. It's so much fun, Im already trying to figure out what choices I can do differently for the next playthrough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was the same, but then I stopped that too. Really burned out on it so I'm thankful that it's almost over.

Boo this fun hater

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Well, we've been having lots of fun making them.

But I guess the horrible pain of choosing not to watch free content will be over soon.

Anyway, more Until Dawn coming up in 15 mins.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 29, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TUS posted:

I didn't even know Until Dawn was a thing until Wednesday.

I remember seeing a Quantic Dream-style horror game gameplay trailer a while ago and didn't really think much of it, but it seems a lot cooler than I thought it was going to be.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah like I said, all the prerelease footage and especially the old Gamescom stuff was just horribly made. They barely hinted at how the game was gonna be like and it felt more like schlock than endearing weird B-movie. Unfortunately those come with pointless jump scares though.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TheRealestMatt posted:

But I guess the horrible pain of choosing not to watch free content will be over soon.

I was on the fence about this game based on the trailers, but I was hooked from the first episode. I'll probably pick it up after the Metal Gear hype train slows down.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Until Dawn is one of those games I have absolutely no interest in playing but watching someone else play it is really fun.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andrast posted:

Until Dawn is one of those games I have absolutely no interest in playing but watching someone else play it is really fun.

I really wanna play it and do the opposite of everything Matt and Pat do.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Andrast posted:

Watching is the operative word here. The game is visually amazing and the camera angles and styling really make it feel like a show/movie more than a game.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Until Dawn is pretty fun, especially with Matt and Pat trying to figure out all the relationships among the characters especially since they throw so many traits at the player.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hahaha, the intro to the latest Rustlemania video.

"Black People: The Prologue"

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Holy poo poo,how did they get Steve Blum ? Did they threaten to feed him to Pat's Mom Liam? Or throw him into the Woolie Hole?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Holy poo poo,how did they get Steve Blum ? Did they threaten to feed him to Pat's Mom Liam? Or throw him into the Woolie Hole?

Probably recorded when they were at one of the billion cons they went to. VA's will do stuff like that as long as you're polite.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it me or does mankind never show up in any of these

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Don't take it so personally man, just not for everyone v:shobon:v

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Steve Blum is a hero and my friedn

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Steve Blum is the voice of a generation.

Also man, I really miss the day when wrestling games had a ton of different backstage areas.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

The final LISA game is out now.

Yes, it's a trilogy and the 2nd game was last year.

No, I had no idea it was a trilogy and it had a game before last year.

As much as I love LISA I'm not sure how an LP of it would be. I can't think of any other game they've done that gets that depressing. Silent hill 2? Sorta?

With the right friend-kombo it might work, but I'm not sure which that would be.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rule of Rose was depressing as hell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

As much as I love LISA I'm not sure how an LP of it would be. I can't think of any other game they've done that gets that depressing. Silent hill 2? Sorta?

With the right friend-kombo it might work, but I'm not sure which that would be.
No amounts of depression could diminish the experience of the wrestling arena.
Oh and the bulldozer sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tae posted:

Rule of Rose was depressing as hell.

I thought this said Rumble Roses when I first read it.