Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

nice, a DA/SA that you cannot safely put in DA mode

counter-counterpoint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

SedanChair posted:

counter-counterpoint:

That lever is a decocker and does exactly what you describe :colbert:

Also I really wish I bought my dad's Dan Wesson .44 when I had the chance.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Effectronica posted:

The exact point where preparedness turns into paranoia in the gunfucker's mind is a fascinating thing. Keeping a round chambered is excessively reasonable, but I'm pretty sure trading in that Glock for a dart pistol loaded with cocktails of extremely painful and extremely deadly venoms would constitute an armchair diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder.

Well, yeah - a dart gun full of deadly venoms is just...cruel and ineffectual for personal defense. Thats an implement of torture you sicko. (Much like your posts.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are you the great-great-grandson of some legendary quickdraw duelist or are you planing on temporarily stunning the man holding your arm with your halitosis? What's the game plan when he grabs your shooting arm?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

Are you the great-great-grandson of some legendary quickdraw duelist or are you planing on temporarily stunning the man holding your arm with your halitosis? What's the game plan when he grabs your shooting arm?

that's why he carries a gun on each hip, duh. can't be too careful these days

although if you weren't a chickenshit liberal you would know the immediate proper response is backflip, pocket sand, low tiger claw, 2x monkey hammer and then you can draw either weapon or a knife at your leisure, though only if you've done a proper ocular assessment of the immediate threat condition

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LeJackal posted:

Well, yeah - a dart gun full of deadly venoms is just...cruel and ineffectual for personal defense. Thats an implement of torture you sicko. (Much like your posts.)

Have fun when the guy you thought was a mugger pulls an Andy Jackson and blows your brains out. Just think, if you'd had a dart loaded with curare, he'd be too busy suffocating to realize his whole body was paralyzed. The best defense is a good offense.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

various cheeses posted:

That lever is a decocker and does exactly what you describe :colbert:

loving wily Czechs, always staying one step ahead of me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"I need to keep a round chambered at all times on the off chance a crazy Iraq war vet who lost one arm on deployment tries to grab my left arm while he robs me. No, I'm not insanely paranoid, stop saying I am!"

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The reason I think liberals are stupid is they know just how crazy conservatives are yet seem to be content with conservatives being the ones with all the guns.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think a lot of people in this thread just don't know anything about guns and are succumbing to propaganda.

But we should ban guns IMO.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sidakafitz posted:

The reason I think liberals are stupid is they know just how crazy conservatives are yet seem to be content with conservatives being the ones with all the guns.

statistically gun owners are most dangerous to themselves so it works out better this way

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SedanChair posted:

counter-counterpoint:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yeah but you don't buy a truck every time you want to move some furniture, it's just sort of extravagant if you're only planning to use it the once

I sense a new business opportunity: gun rentals

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

If a mugger is that close to you, you're likely in some real trouble anyways. A high profile example would be the George Zimmerman shooting: the zim zam was able to get a shot off while getting the poo poo beat out of him on the ground. Regardless of the crap surround that entire event, you're not going to be coming out on top with an unloaded gun in a scenario like that.

For the record I hope none of you dumbasses ever do get your houses broken into, because smugly quoting statistics and glib bullshit will get you real far I'm sure.

sonofsunaj
Mar 16, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

statistically gun owners are most dangerous to themselves so it works out better this way

If that's true you should just unregulate guns and let us be a problem that solves ourselves.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

various cheeses posted:

If a mugger is that close to you, you're likely in some real trouble anyways. A high profile example would be the George Zimmerman shooting: the zim zam was able to get a shot off while getting the poo poo beat out of him on the ground. Regardless of the crap surround that entire event, you're not going to be coming out on top with an unloaded gun in a scenario like that.

For the record I hope none of you dumbasses ever do get your houses broken into, because smugly quoting statistics and glib bullshit will get you real far I'm sure.

No, if my house gets broken into, when I come home and discover it, I'll shoot up the walls in a crude attempt at insurance fraud instead. That's the smart thing to do.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

sonofsunaj posted:

If that's true you should just unregulate guns and let us be a problem that solves ourselves.

No its more fun to watch you guys flail around and argue for more guns while you kill yourselfs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

various cheeses posted:

plus his kel-tec jammed

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sonofsunaj posted:

uh do you have problems identfying things that are actually true in reality right now because uh that's reality like as we speak

also there's no "if that's true" firearms are by far the most popular method of suicide in america and more american patriots exercise their second amendment rights against themselves every year than against others

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

various cheeses posted:

Allegedly getting the poo poo beaten out of him on the ground

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

Allegedly getting the poo poo beaten out of him on the ground

no, he was a grown man who picked a fight with a teenager and lost. his gym trainer even testified in his defense that he was a pathetic, weak, and paranoid man. the only reason he got off is that it's not illegal to stalk and confront strangers while armed in florida so long as you goad them into attacking you

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

lol

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Ok but what if Usain Bolt had a knife then knives would be as deadly as guns cuz you can't outrun a human bullet

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

Ok but what if Usain Bolt had a knife then knives would be as deadly as guns cuz you can't outrun a human bullet

nonsense even Pistorius preferred a gun

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

various cheeses posted:

George Zimmerman being a man you strive to emulate explains everything.

For the record I hope you've told all your friends and family never to approach you from behind lest they get a full magazine to the gut as your paranoid brain instantly kicks into kill mode at every imagined threat.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

George Zimmerman being a man you strive to emulate explains everything.

George Zimmerman is a complete loving turd, just to be clear. I'm referring to the situation he was in: getting beaten on the ground. You can't just chamber a round while that happens.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

man people get so hostile to the guy even remotely, it really explains how he seems to consistently be in life-threatening violent situations where he has to legally defend himself

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ok I have to admit my smart guns plan is all about reducing the amount of guns to ones people actually use and having them registered to their legal owners only:so its a lot harder for people to LARP rambo and shoot people up at the next avatar movie because they're sure all the viewers are secret na'vi having a communal meeting to take over earth. Im being honest its not just slapping cool blinky lights on guns there is a policy component so lets do that ok instead of just pretending each individual component exists in a vaccum. Ok good.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

various cheeses posted:

"in what ways can i be more like george zimmerman, a literal murderer?"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

nonsense even Pistorius preferred a gun

If usain had a 9mm and fired it while running forward at top speed the added velocity might upgrade the bullet impact to the equivalent of a 45

Need I remind you a 45 is a 1 shot kill on hardcore mode

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

sudo rm -rf posted:

"in what ways can i be more like george zimmerman, a literal murderer?"

All I have to do is be in my home or Florida and then I am D'guno Unchained! :smug:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

If usain had a 9mm and fired it while running forward at top speed the added velocity might upgrade the bullet impact to the equivalent of a 45

Need I remind you a 45 is a 1 shot kill on hardcore mode

i hear there's a legislative push to make his legs, like my fists, registered weapons requiring a permit to pass through airports

lfield
May 10, 2008
Funny thing about the Zimmerman example is that the gun was probably the reason things escalated that far in the first place.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
If funny because George Zimmerman is the exact reason many people want to keep guns out of some people's hands.

Edit: ^ funny jynx

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

lfield posted:

Funny thing about the Zimmerman example is that the gun was probably the reason things escalated that far in the first place.

The important thing here to remember is one had skittles and one had a gun.

If they both had skittles AND guns no one would have died.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

funny, I don't think it's funny at all when a child is killed.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

funny, I don't think it's funny at all when a child is killed.

Whats so special about children dying? Is not every living person entitled to the potential sweat of their own brow, to be allowed to proceed to greatness?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Popular Thug Drink posted:

his gym trainer even testified in his defense that he was a pathetic, weak, and paranoid man.

I missed that, but that's amazing. "Your Honor, I am clearly far too incompetent and stupid to handle a physical altercation adequately, therefore this was not murder."

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

various cheeses posted:

George Zimmerman is exactly the kind of shitbag who should not be able to carry a gun. The kind who feels empowered by it to harass and confront people, and who feels entitled to use it to "defend" himself once his overconfidence and aggression has forced him into a corner.

If a man grabs your arm, I hope you don't have a round chambered so that you are forced to actually process what is happening and look for a way to deescalate the "conflict" without resorting to killing someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonofsunaj
Mar 16, 2009

cheese posted:

George Zimmerman is exactly the kind of shitbag who should not be able to carry a gun. The kind who feels empowered by it to harass and confront people, and who feels entitled to use it to "defend" himself once his overconfidence and aggression has forced him into a corner.

If a man grabs your arm, I hope you don't have a round chambered so that you are forced to actually process what is happening and look for a way to deescalate the "conflict" without resorting to killing someone.

Zimmerman shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. However I don't know of any law suggested that would prevent him from having a gun and at the same time not encroach on the rights of other's to be allowed to defend themselves. It's an imperfect system, that sometimes allows people to legally have guns that use them in a irresponsible or criminal manner. But I reject the idea that we should begin restricting the rights of everybody, or even groups of similar people based on the premise that some of them have acted in a irresponsible or criminal manner.

• Locked thread