Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Daimo posted:

If you're connecting it to a computer make sure it has displayport 1.2. Unless it has hdmi 2.0 hope you like 30hz. Without that it's not really futureproof.

Enjoy.

It's got HDMI 2.0 connections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Got a really good deal on a Capcom Big Blue Arcade Cabinet. I'm hoping to restore it over the next few months and put Darksoft's CPS2 Multi system in it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TheHouseofM posted:

Got a really good deal on a Capcom Big Blue Arcade Cabinet. I'm hoping to restore it over the next few months and put Darksoft's CPS2 Multi system in it.

How much did it run you ? What're you going to do for a monitor?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
I have an extra monitor already I can use.
I paid $100.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

It's got HDMI 2.0 connections.

It's a stealth edit :ssh:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This chart ignores a lot of facts about human vision, including the fact that we don't see in "pixels" and there are often still subtle improvements the eye notices with a finer detailed screen. Depending on how you measure it, the human eye's limitations in differences in detail vary wildly. You may as well try saying that the human eye can't comprehend more than 30FPS.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Got a pair of these:

But when you bounce a flash off of it:

e: Here's some pictures, since I was skeptical of it actually working as intended:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 10:43 on Aug 29, 2015

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That is rad as gently caress.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I love this thread, just because it is nice to see people buy things they believe will enrich their lives and the silly bickering about pixels, knives, guns, shoes and just about everything else.

I also hate this thread, it makes me want things I do not need.

My bonus arrived this month.

For me as I did not yet have a Lamy in my collection of usage pens:

For my younger daughter who had some really small wooden Lamy:

For my older daughter who ran out of ink some Turquose, for my younger blackblue:

And for each of us a converter so we could get some truly rad ink:

I went a bit overboard and got me the full set of 8 inks of the anniversary so they would make a nice circle... Online so if I change my mind I can send them back... right?

One for each of my daughters.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Xenoletum posted:

Flash and at distance:

Are these supposed to help you not get run over at night?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Keetron posted:

I went a bit overboard and got me the full set of 8 inks of the anniversary so they would make a nice circle... Online so if I change my mind I can send them back... right?

Just make sure those aren't pigmented inks. Unless you're using a dip pen, pigmented inks can clog up a fountain pen. It doesn't ruin the pen or anything, but it can be a hassle to clean. Most reservoir pens work best with dyed ink.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

flosofl posted:

Just make sure those aren't pigmented inks. Unless you're using a dip pen, pigmented inks can clog up a fountain pen. It doesn't ruin the pen or anything, but it can be a hassle to clean. Most reservoir pens work best with dyed ink.

I checked and Diamine is sold specifically as fountainpenink, but I dived into the internets.

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/ink/diamine.htm

Seems they know what they are doing, heralded as realy frigging good colored ink which is funny as it is the cheapest per ml we could find that was specifically for fountainpens.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

New sofa

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

http://www.amazon.com/BILT-IRON-WORKERS-Womens-Motorcycle/dp/B00CHT37UC

I'm not always a piece of poo poo!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Xenoletum posted:

Got a pair of these:

e: Here's some pictures, since I was skeptical of it actually working as intended:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

Link, drat you! Link for all that is good and holy!

Content: a board game!

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

Got a pair of these:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

I was looking at some ZX Flux with that same design. I feel like I'm sold now.

HP Artsandcrafts has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Aug 30, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

49" Vizio 4K LED Smart TV.

Good deal at only $600 with free shipping. I was looking at ~50" TVs and non-4K TVs were in the $400-$500 range, so $100 more to future-proof myself for a few years isn't a bad deal.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xenoletum posted:

Got a pair of these:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

as a person whom does a hell of a lot of walking, these look awesome.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Good deal at only $600 with free shipping. I was looking at ~50" TVs and non-4K TVs were in the $400-$500 range, so $100 more to future-proof myself for a few years isn't a bad deal.

You bastard. I'm currently saving as much as I can for the coming zombpocolypse, report back on how awesome it is. To make me even more jelly.

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off

DrBouvenstein posted:

You had to post the one I've been looking at - I'm using a pre-owned 2009 Black Friday SKU LG 42" 1080P LCD I bought on Craigslist, and it's weaksauce. By the time I have money to drop on a TV again, the Vizio won't be much cheaper, but it will still be worth it.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

strangemusic posted:

Link, drat you! Link for all that is good and holy!

Seems that Foot Locker has only select sizes left, and they ship to the lower 48 US only.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:236469/sku:D69366/adidas-originals-superstar-mens/gold/olive-green/

Champs Sports has size 8.5 and 13s on their website

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

It was between the superstars and the flux for me, but the Flux was out of my size at the store I was in. They're a much softer feel and wrap closer to your feet, but I couldn't get them, so I just also grabbed some shoe inserts to help with my flatfootedness.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

This chart ignores a lot of facts about human vision, including the fact that we don't see in "pixels" and there are often still subtle improvements the eye notices with a finer detailed screen. Depending on how you measure it, the human eye's limitations in differences in detail vary wildly. You may as well try saying that the human eye can't comprehend more than 30FPS.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollywood please

colas
Feb 14, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

In general are 4K TVs ok with sub-4K signals or does 1080 or less look worse than it would look on a 1080 TV?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I just purchased 2 weeks of hiking through the Barlavento islands in Cabo Verde. Money can't buy happiness but I sure am happy right now.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

colas posted:

In general are 4K TVs ok with sub-4K signals or does 1080 or less look worse than it would look on a 1080 TV?

1080p scales perfectly to 4k and looks fine from 3 feet

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Purchased (or rather financed) a couch:

Now to try and patiently wait 4-8 weeks.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

couldcareless posted:

How many people live in your house?

And how big is your front room?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

couldcareless posted:

That's a lot of couch :stare: (My parents have one about that big but minus that corner piece on the right)

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I don't think I could ever wear these myself but drat they are cool.

New footwear for myself: Red Wing Iron Rangers.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

spog posted:

How many people live in your house?

And how big is your front room?

Just 2 of us, but we entertain a lot. And our living room can fit it and more so I'm not worried.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

couldcareless posted:

Fuuuuuh I wanna sit on that couch.

DrBouvenstein posted:

God drat, I spent $200 more for the 50" model a month ago. TV prices drop fast and hard!

VendaGoat posted:

You bastard. I'm currently saving as much as I can for the coming zombpocolypse, report back on how awesome it is. To make me even more jelly.

What does this mean??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Here I was thinking I owned a huge sectional but it's like 2/3 the size of that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What does this mean??

I'm.....

I'm........ (sigh)
:negative:

I'm being an adult and fixing stuff and doing necessary things with my money instead of buying things I want. :supaburn:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Edit: Wrong!

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Aug 31, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DrBouvenstein posted:

Daaaaang.
I have a 42" Vizio that I picked up at CostCo around 10 years ago and it's never had a problem. Stay my hand, I may need to upgrade.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

New toy this weekend. Our 4th Jeep over the years. The best one so far. The list of things to buy for it could fill pages in this thread except for the whole money thing...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

IKEA Kivik KIVIK chaise for the new tiny apartment.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

beefnoodle posted:

IKEA Kivik KIVIK chaise for the new tiny apartment.

I've got my eye on a kivik sofa that I'm hoping to get in the next few months. Was really comfortable in the store.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Daaaaang.
I have a 42" Vizio that I picked up at CostCo around 10 years ago and it's never had a problem. Stay my hand, I may need to upgrade.

I got a Vizio just a couple years ago and it just happened to be the one model that had atrocious input lag, which made playing Rock Band pretty aggravating and eventually got a new receiver to try to compensate for audio lag on tv and blu-rays but man I can't wait to find a reason to ditch this thing and get something new. Stop giving me ideas everyone.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Xenoletum posted:

Got a pair of these:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

In a similar vein, I have these from 2010. Reebok Alien Stompers, the same design Ripley and Bishop wear in Aliens so the shoe design is 28 years old. These were a VCMP special edition of 56 pairs.

In daylight they just look like a very grey pair of Alien stompers.

Hit 'em with a flash though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's like those anti paparazzi hoodies that I've seen. Neat stuff.