Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Michael Corleone posted:

Can you link the site for these mocks against computers, I have only found one, and it is not very good.
The Fantasy Pros Draft Sim lets you change the numbers of QBs and set it to PPR and all that. It seems to have enough built in variance that it will feed you drafts with players falling and people reaching and so forth, which is really nice because that is how most real drafts go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Franks Happy Place posted:

On the other hand, Travis Kelce ain't getting poo poo. :mad:

:shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
THE loving IDP FRENZY is looking for 3 or 5 owners so that we can fill this league and set a draft date next week. I've got invites out to four owners from last year that have gone unclaimed, so right now I'm just at a first come, first served basis for the last spots.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

cheese posted:

The Fantasy Pros Draft Sim lets you change the numbers of QBs and set it to PPR and all that. It seems to have enough built in variance that it will feed you drafts with players falling and people reaching and so forth, which is really nice because that is how most real drafts go.

Thanks.

I picked 2nd, like I am going to be:

QBRyan Tannehill (MIA)
RB1Justin Forsett (BAL)
RB2Alfred Morris (WAS)
RB3Melvin Gordon (SD)
RB4Jonathan Stewart (CAR)
RB5T.J. Yeldon (JAC)
RB6Carlos Hyde (SF)
RB7Isaiah Crowell (CLE)
WR1Antonio Brown (PIT)
WR2A.J. Green (CIN)
WR3Roddy White (ATL)
WR4Kendall Wright (TEN)
WR5John Brown (ARI)
WR6Eddie Royal (CHI)
WR7Victor Cruz (NYG)
TEHeath Miller (PIT)
KStephen Gostkowski (NE)
DSTBaltimore Ravens (Bal)

Best overall, Best in starters, and number 2 in bench by like 4 points, because I don't have a 2nd QB. This is actually the site I was talking about, it is a lot easier to use than I thought. 1Q 2R 2W 2RWT 1T K D 8BENCH 10 teams. 6 PTD, but I didn't draft on that because I knew the computer wasn't, 1 PPR. I did good, I think. Had to take all the RB's after getting Brown and Green 1 and 2, but this would work out.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

MrSargent posted:

What position do you draft in? That would give some better context to your targets each round.

Sorry, drafting 7/8th

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
.5 PPR league and I was just offered his Mike Evans & Marty Bryant for my Alshon Jeffery and Crowell. My other receivers are A. Brown and AJ81. My inital reaction is to decline because I don't really need either of those players and I think he is trying to get me to handcuff Brown, however a few 'trade value calculator' sites I ran it through all told me I'd be gaining value. Am I missing something if I decline?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dandy Kaiser posted:

THE loving IDP FRENZY is looking for 3 or 5 owners so that we can fill this league and set a draft date next week. I've got invites out to four owners from last year that have gone unclaimed, so right now I'm just at a first come, first served basis for the last spots.

Don't be intimidated if you have never done IDP before. If there ever was a way to learn, this is it.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Martavis Bryant looks unstoppable.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

ZIGfried posted:

Pretty good team but you don't need 2 QBs let alone 3. Same with Tight ends. Brees is probably too valuable to just drop but in an 8 man league everyone probably has a quality QB unless several people drafted 3. You definitely need some more RB depth since RBs are generally very injury prone and especially since Lacy and Hill have the same BYE week. I'd drop Bridgewater and Eifert for RB fliers (who knows, if you got J.stew in the 7th there might be a starter or two sitting on the wire) and I'd try to trade Brees to someone who will overpay for the name. I'll also say your WR depth is pretty bad too but I don't expect anything from Floyd or Cruz this year. You should post the top 10 available RBs and WRs and I'm sure someone on here will tell you who to pick up.

So for future drafts: Draft only 1 QB, Draft only 1 TE, wait until the last 2 rounds to draft your Defense and Kicker, Load up on RB and WR talent.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah once the draft was over I realized I got way too many QB's, the only reason I got brees in the first place was in hopes of trading him for a RB/WR. Here are the top 10 (going by NFL.com rankings) RB/WR's still available:

Larry Fitz is still available as well although I will most likely stay away from him. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm still gonna see if I can work a trade out for a WR2 but these guys are stingy as gently caress so I'll probably end up working the waiver wire. Here's my team again:

QB - Russell Willson (4.06)
RB1 - Eddie Lacy (1.03)
RB2 - Jeremy Hill (3.03)
WR1 - Odell Beckham Jr (2.06)
WR2 - Jordan Matthews (5.03)
TE1 - Travis Kelce (6.06)
K - Prater (11.03)
DEF - Rams (8.06)

Bench
QB - Drew Brees (9.03)
QB - Teddy Bridgewater (15.03)
RB - Jonathan Stewart (7.03)
WR - Brandon Marshall (10.06)
WR - Michael Floyd (13.03)
WR - Victor Cruz (14.06)
TE - Tyler Eifert (12.06)

Cheers guys.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I don't suppose it's possible to do some excel magic and edit the beersheets yourself by adding keepers and getting all the fun data like positional scarcity and etc to adjust accordingly, is there?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

nrr posted:

I don't suppose it's possible to do some excel magic and edit the beersheets yourself by adding keepers and getting all the fun data like positional scarcity and etc to adjust accordingly, is there?

I guess if you are smart. I just delete everything but player name, VAL, and position scarcity, then make a big board. Delete the guys that are kept, delete nelson and benjamin, and anyone else. But, this is becoming a problem as I practice using it in mock drafts. So going to just make that a second sheet and keep the original sheet to see if like I NEED a WR because player X is the last startable player. VAL will be screwy ater the deletions, but should still give you a rough idea.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Kloaked00 posted:

Sorry, drafting 7/8th

No problem. I'll echo the sentiments of the other poster and say you should target one each of QB / RB / WR in the first three rounds. But definitely pay attention to how the other owners draft and make sure to get value where you can. In 0PPR, your QBs and RBs will be more valuable but don't ignore those stud WRs who will provide consistent play like Brown, Dez, Julio, Thomas, Cobb. I would expect a few of those guys to be available in the third.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

zeldadude posted:

Thanks for the advice! Yeah once the draft was over I realized I got way too many QB's, the only reason I got brees in the first place was in hopes of trading him for a RB/WR. Here are the top 10 (going by NFL.com rankings) RB/WR's still available:

Larry Fitz is still available as well although I will most likely stay away from him. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm still gonna see if I can work a trade out for a WR2 but these guys are stingy as gently caress so I'll probably end up working the waiver wire. Here's my team again:

QB - Russell Willson (4.06)
RB1 - Eddie Lacy (1.03)
RB2 - Jeremy Hill (3.03)
WR1 - Odell Beckham Jr (2.06)
WR2 - Jordan Matthews (5.03)
TE1 - Travis Kelce (6.06)
K - Prater (11.03)
DEF - Rams (8.06)

Bench
QB - Drew Brees (9.03)
QB - Teddy Bridgewater (15.03)
RB - Jonathan Stewart (7.03)
WR - Brandon Marshall (10.06)
WR - Michael Floyd (13.03)
WR - Victor Cruz (14.06)
TE - Tyler Eifert (12.06)

Cheers guys.

I would drop Prater, Bridgewater, Cruz, Eifert, and Floyd and pick up Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, John Brown, Joique Bell, and Rashad Jennings. If the Abdullah hype train doesn't get derailed, you can plan to drop Bell after a week or two for someone that looks better. Same with Jennings once you see whether Vereen and Williams are going to take a bunch of carries or not. If either of them keep most of the carries on their team, they'll be a serviceable top 15-20 RB. Keep a close eye on Mathews and the Atlanta RB duo too, as an injury to Murray will put Mathews into RB1 consideration and if either Freeman or Coleman can outpace the other and take most of the carries, they could be a solid RB2. Right before the first game, if there isn't an obvious drop candidate after an injury, drop Brees or Bell or Jennings for a kicker.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I am recruiting people for the 2nd year of my redraft league. It is a $50 buy in, 12 teams, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. The draft is Thursday 9/3 at 8:30PM PST. Winner nets a cool $500.

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739014&pagenumber=1#post449543454

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm drafting second in a 10 person PPR league with CJ Anderson and Hill as my keepers.

Obviously I'm going for Brown, but if the first guy takes him, do I take Dez, or take Peterson to have massive RB depth and hope someone decent falls to me at the end of the 2nd? The only WRs kept are ODB, Cobb, Alshon, Cooks, Allen, and Watkins. Or do i take Gronk with the #2 pick?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
so on the beer sheets what do adp, 1/2/p, sdv, and ps mean?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Same position in a startup keeper league, I have 2nd pick, will be taking Brown if he falls, otherwise I guess I have to role the dice on Bell, maybe not with the Pouncey injury on top of the suspension. ADP or Lacy if that happens. I mean my BeerSheet says Brown and Bell are in a tier of their own, will be looking at the update next week to make sure, but I hate the suspension and this is just icing on the cake.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

born on a buy you posted:

Average Draft Position, weeks as a 1 or 2 at the position and games played, Standard Deviation, and Positional Scarcity.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

born on a buy you posted:

adrien peterson, half an adrien peterson, switch damage variance, scrotal pertinacity

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
OBJ: still a machine :3:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hold off on your Duke Johnson hype, got laid out on a bad throw by McCown, probably a concussion. 5 snaps all preseason....

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hmmm Davante Adams is looking better and better. Randall Cobb with a "shoulder injury".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TNG posted:

Hmmm Davante Adams is looking better and better. Randall Cobb with a "shoulder injury".

Suspected collarbone.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Great, all the Packers I drafted are broken

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How bout that Sam Bradford

10 for 10, 3TDs

In what? One quarter?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

89 posted:

How bout that Sam Bradford

10 for 10, 3TDs

In what? One quarter?

I have Bradford in 3/4 of my money leagues. :getin:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

how many to Matthews?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
No WR TD's. Sproles/Celek/Burton. Burton got another one with Sanchez

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

89 posted:

No WR TD's. Sproles/Celek/Burton. Burton got another one with Sanchez

I want off Chip's wild ride.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

LmaoTheKid posted:

You can't. Just get on board!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

Owning Bradford is like having a handicap friend at a theme park

e:

Michael Corleone posted:

Even funnier because Bradford could be Mr. Bones by um, the first quarter of game 1. Thanks, I will be here all week!

:laffo:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 30, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Even funnier because Bradford could be Mr. Bones by um, the first quarter of game 1. Thanks, I will be here all week!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Michael Corleone posted:

Good news for Matthews owners.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Suspected collarbone.

not a collarbone injury

that's literally the only thing we know

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
so, I haven't watched any preseason games but judging by these recaps: Matty Ice is not going to be a refreshing treat this year?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Some thought on the two quarters of SD/SEA I just watched.

- Not touching Jimmy Graham with a 10-foot pole this year. Rather have Olsen, or more realistically, whoever is around in rounds 8-10. And I say this with Graham as Seattle's leading receiver while starters are playing (1 for 10).
- SEA O-line is gonna have issues this year. Beast mode doesn't give a poo poo if he has to truck dudes, but a passing game built around Russel bullshit magic can probably only go so far. (it can go to second and goal from the 1 but that's it)
- The CMichael experiment is definitely over. Abort! Abort!
- SEA defense could use Kam back right about now.
- Tyler Lockett could be the next Devin Hester. He is just a blur on those kick returns. Ran a 4.4 40 and had great college production, but I'm not sure he's cut out to ever be a WR1 with those little baby hands. But boy is he a hell of an open-field runner.

- Not touching Ladarius Green with a 10-foot pole this year. Rather have Gates, or more realistically, CJ Fiedorowicz literally anybody. Dude still looks like he doesn't know that playbook. How is that possible? Dude read a book.
- SD O-line is gonna have issues this year. That sucks because I don't want Rivers to die.
- OK OK parallels between the teams aside, I was mostly interested in seeing Melvin Gordon. They gave him a lot of volume, as expected, and they involved him a bit in the passing game, which was also nice. One of the announcers seemed genuinely upset that Gordon was "hesitating" too much, but it just looked like rookie jitters to me. The more important bit was the Gordon was really fighting for every goddamned inch and just refused to go down. Kinda reminds me of Chris Ivory with a bit more body conservation. He's gonna have issues with that line, though. There was just a handful of plays where they were opening up a reasonable amount of space. I think it's likely he's being overdrafted, but by no fault of his own.
- The other thing capping Gordon's ceiling is Woodhead. As the beat writers have been saying, Woodhead is still significantly more useful on passing downs. They mixed him in quite a bit today, and even if Woodhead gets hurt again, Oliver is like a little Woodhead clone (and may be even better in pass protection - that little dude is capable of straight leveling a linebacker). Woodhead looks like he still has some late-round ppr value as a bye-week guy with a high floor and low ceiling, but I wouldn't recommend him in standard. Oliver probably not worth rostering unless both Woodhead AND Gordon get hurt.
- Stevie Johnson owns. Call me crazy but if you told me his over/under was a thousand yards this year I would have to think about it really hard.
- There is an outside chance that the SD defense is not bad this year. I'm not saying they'll be good, but it's possible they won't be bad.
- Seriously Stevie owns, I hope ya'll have been listening to us and taking him in the later rounds. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

so, I haven't watched any preseason games but judging by these recaps: Matty Ice is not going to be a refreshing treat this year?

Well he went 6/6 for 86 and a TD in his first preseason game with a perfect QB rating, then went 4/5 for 75 and a TD with another perfect QB rating, so I would probably say that it's preseason so who the gently caress cares he is probably not in some sort of slump right now or anything if you're worried about him.

QB6 +/- 2 sounds about right to me this year. There is maybe a 30% chance he has better year than Brees.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
QB6 +/- 2 is the Matt Ryan Wheelhouse

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

QB6 +/- 2 is the Matt Ryan Wheelhouse

More specifically, he is QB4 in domes and QB8 outside, with occasional bouts of QBderp.

A+ would draft again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I really just want Julio to have the bestest year whether or not I fall into a position to draft him. :angel:

• Locked thread