Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah. I wouldn't lump mid nineties music (except for the dolly song) as millennial music. Seems odd. And picking three britpop song to go with dolly? poo poo complete the circle and use pulps common people. But then again maybe that's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
just becausew you like it that doesnt mean its not millennial lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The gay thing about that wall isn't the lyrics, it's just that it's one of those fancy rear end "infographic" JPGs in real life. These drat millebnials are too entitled to even read facts, it has to be dressed up in pretty fonts and flowing diagrams for them.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

check out these huge mellonialss :sonia:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
half the time those loving "facts" are inaccurate or flat out wrong

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fried Watermelon posted:

most goons are millenials

quote:

noun
a person reaching young adulthood around the year 2000; a Generation Yer.

:wth:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i kill my masters
i mentor none
that's means when i die that's it I'm a one of one

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

:rip: gran gran

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Robo Reagan posted:

just becausew you like it that doesnt mean its not millennial lol

none of those bands are millennial bands

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

selfie next to a dead body is p cool actually

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That has to be fake. I refuse to believe it.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spacemang_spliff posted:

selfie next to a dead body is p cool actually

in some circumstances but not this

cool dead bodies:
people you've killed
bodies you dug up from the graveyard
car accidents

not cool dead bodies:
people who just died at the hospital
people at funerals

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Christ... :doh:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://youtu.be/neqFpWDQ61w

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

ChesterJT posted:

That has to be fake. I refuse to believe it.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in some circumstances but not this

cool dead bodies:
people you've killed
bodies you dug up from the graveyard
car accidents

not cool dead bodies:
people who just died at the hospital
people at funerals

Christ you old fucks. Maybe you guys should go play a game bridge while all us cool kids go take selfies with recently deceased loved ones or at important historical sites.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Toadstrieb posted:

They are people who can't get over how cool it is to go into a building designed to make them feel special and not like just more slaves under the weight of dying capitalism.

heaven forbid someone enjoy something

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Christ you old fucks. Maybe you guys should go play a game bridge while all us cool kids go take selfies with recently deceased loved ones or at important historical sites.

:colbert: I prefer Spades or Hearts you young gently caress.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

ban smart phones

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Toadstrieb posted:

I think that's what people are on about but maybe not articulating well when they say it's "not art". Not to speak for others, but there is something entirely commercial and false-feeling about the work, especially the "vintage sales signs" fonts. Jesus, it's 2015, not 1945, you aren't buying a coke for nickle at the neighborhood corner store. Unless your cafe is some kind of ethically sourced local family owned business (if that's what gets you off; it's been true for a long time that advertising is linked to exploitation), it seems glaringly disingenuous to offer guests the feeling that you're like them--like what they like, are inspired by what they are--when, really, the majority of these institutions are completely alienating and exploitative in their practices.

Submitting that the problem with millennials is that they can't or won't see that they're being pandered to.

yes, millenials are unaware that businesses do things to attract customers and increase sales, cutting insight

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
hahaha if you think dead bodies or historical sites deserve reverence they're only corporeal

Ein cooler Typ posted:

cool dead bodies:
every single one

not cool dead bodies:
no such thing

grow up baby

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Man Whore posted:

A lot of millennials are embarrassing like the ones on tumblr but I and my millennial friends laugh at them so I feel millennials are a mixed bag imo.

having a passionate investment of any kind is much better than an air of detached superiority owing to the tremendous achievement of not caring about anything

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Ocean Book posted:

having a passionate investment of any kind is much better than an air of detached superiority owing to the tremendous achievement of not caring about anything

lol

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

being invested in Arcade Gannon being trans is probably worse than not being invested in anything at all actually because there are much better things to care about and spend energy on.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 30, 2015

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
MORE PICS PLEASE

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Was at Banksy's Dismaland a few days ago and saw the Selfie Hole and it made me think of this thread.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Man Whore posted:

being invested in Arcade Gannon being trans is probably worse than not being invested in anything at all actually because there are much better things to care about and spend energy on.

not caring is better than caring because there are things worth caring about? good point.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fluo posted:

Was at Banksy's Dismaland a few days ago and saw the Selfie Hole and it made me think of this thread.

its weird that banksy has his own themepark now

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Ocean Book posted:

not caring is better than caring because there are things worth caring about? good point.

glad to help friend.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

yes, millenials are unaware that businesses do things to attract customers and increase sales, cutting insight

'Fraid you missed the point, or maybe you genuinely feel a warm feeling in your heart when you see the "hand written" chalk signs outside a Starbucks full of people gazing into their phones, gigantic pictures of "natives" roasting beans on the wall. poo poo's false. It's money making propaganda that disguises its own emptiness.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

banksy is extremely lame now

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

It's not going to be permanent, it's like when he took over Bristol Museum for a few weeks :D

Fluo
May 25, 2007

david... posted:

banksy is extremely lame now

Counterpoint

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Fluo posted:

Counterpoint

dumb poo poo for dumbshits

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

these funeral pics still show more respect for the dead than any funeral my family has held

Fluo
May 25, 2007

david... posted:

dumb poo poo for dumbshits

Its not just for you, it's for everyone! :(

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Fluo posted:

Well its not just for you, it's for everyone :(

no flip

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ocean Book posted:

Except Millenials don't care about anything in any meaningful capacity. Generation Xers display their cynicism proudly while Millenials engage in slacktivism; better not do anything substantial, need all the time I can get to take photos of my cupcakes.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Uncle Wemus posted:

these funeral pics still show more respect for the dead than any funeral my family has held

Does your family run a train on the corpse or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252

• Locked thread