Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

If MGS4 had actually ended with Snake and Otacon getting executed as war criminals / Snake killing himself, it would have one of the bleakest games ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you nutted and spilled some seed in your limited edition henty douji print freshly imported from Comiket 😂😂😂

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If MGS4 had actually ended with Snake and Otacon getting executed as war criminals / Snake killing himself, it would have one of the bleakest games ever.

I honestly think the Big Boss stuff is sadder. Snake dying is kinda safe, it's way more radical to randomly resurrect BB so he can kill a 120 year old British invalid and ramble to himself for 40 loving MINUTES and then die anyway.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love the MGS4 Big Boss voice actor.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I honestly think the Big Boss stuff is sadder. Snake dying is kinda safe, it's way more radical to randomly resurrect BB so he can kill a 120 year old British invalid and ramble to himself for 40 loving MINUTES and then die anyway.

was zero actually 120 yeards old in that scene?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The BB stuff is really uplifting to me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

hes aight

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

When you nutted and spilled some seed in your limited edition henty douji print freshly imported from Comiket 😂😂😂

Bruh 😭👊🍆💦

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

was zero actually 120 yeards old in that scene?

Probably not. He's freaking old though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

"This is good, isn't it?"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Big boss QCQ hugging old snake was one of the best moments in gaming history

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

The BB stuff is really uplifting to me.

I tear up when he saluted the grave in 3 (doi) but I also do when his intestines are slowly disintegrating and he is able to embrace his only living son and feebly inquire "this is good...isn't it"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

It works so well because it's Big Boss reflecting on the entirety of his life's work and the hell he inadvertently wrought, and it's also 100% Kojima speaking directly through BB, the final coda, the final moment, wondering if any of his work was actually worth it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

He played The Fury too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

He played The Fury too.

drat, what a beast.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

actually powerful

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I thought BB's end in 4 was pretty hopeful, too. It's an emotional scene for sure, but it's basically the best closure the two of them could possibly have. Respecting each other as men, instead of only as soldiers, and charging Solid to life the rest of his life for himself.

I feel like knowing where Big Boss ends up is going to make his downfall in TPP really brutal to watch. It's going to be interesting to see what Kojima leaves as the words for the series.

At least he went out like a badass, being able to make that speech while Foxdie killed him, when everyone else in the series died pretty much instantly.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

Pablo Gigante posted:

I liked it when the soldier put his hands up and just stood there while BB got in the truck and drove away

and then later was apparently like "huh that was weird, oh well back to patrolling

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
very mgs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I thought BB's end in 4 was pretty hopeful, too. It's an emotional scene for sure, but it's basically the best closure the two of them could possibly have. Respecting each other as men, instead of only as soldiers, and charging Solid to life the rest of his life for himself.

I feel like knowing where Big Boss ends up is going to make his downfall in TPP really brutal to watch. It's going to be interesting to see what Kojima leaves as the words for the series.

At least he went out like a badass, being able to make that speech while Foxdie killed him, when everyone else in the series died pretty much instantly.

It's gonna be so sad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

It shocks you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Know this... Zero and I... Liquid and Solidus. We all fought a long, bloody war for our liberty. We fought to free ourselves from nations.. and systems.. and norms.. and ages. But no matter how hard we tried... the only liberty we found was on the inside, trapped within those limits.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone's phone here just did the codec call noise

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I cried like a bitch during my re-playthrough of MGS4, even though I knew how everything would turn out.

I also am a bitch, but that's beside the point.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Logged into steam yesterday to find a 2 month early bday present of tpp. I have the best friend in the world.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

MGS2 has been quite a bit harder than MGS1 so far. I've defused the bombs in C, D, and E. Finding the nodes is tricky. Tranq gun is great.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Logged into steam yesterday to find a 2 month early bday present of tpp. I have the best friend in the world.

Be sure to do your secret handshake next time you see them

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chard posted:

Be sure to do your secret handshake next time you see them

I might do a little more than that, to show my appreciation.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Seshoho Cian posted:

MGS2 has been quite a bit harder than MGS1 so far. I've defused the bombs in C, D, and E. Finding the nodes is tricky. Tranq gun is great.

mgs2 is a loving hard game

Soral
May 30, 2009

big boss repeatedly uses the word "norm" in places where other characters would have said "meme" and i think its a better piece of story telling and character development then whatever the gently caress was talked about in that huge rear end post earlier

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i have the "WAAAA HAAAAAAAAA" part of "sins of the father" stuck in my head

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I laughed when the bugs got on my rations and I had to shake them off by going up and down in my inventory really quickly

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hi, I'm excited for this game but am unsure of where I can go to get a good sense of the backstory/

tia

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play metal gear solid 3 and peace walker. Which are available with mgs2 on a single disc for PS3

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hi, I'm excited for this game but am unsure of where I can go to get a good sense of the backstory/

tia

You still have 3 days to play MGS3 and Peace Walker, or at least watch a Lets Play. Good luck.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I-I don't have a PS3 :negative:

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

or at least watch a Lets Play. Good luck.

I think I can do this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can play MGS2, 3 and PW on a 360.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I gave my 350 to my nephew when I got my ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
has anyone played the motherbase minigame in the ground zeroes app? recently realized it was there- considering playing it through but it's kind of dry (pretty much just outer ops from PW)

and some of the the unlocks are above and beyond, like instead of just S-ranking the ground zeroes mission on hard you have to score 75000 points (~65000 required for s rank) so you'd basically need a perfect run.

• Locked thread