Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So wait is this going to be released on Monday or Tuesday? My steam page says the 31st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sedisp posted:

So wait is this going to be released on Monday or Tuesday? My steam page says the 31st.

It's a midnight release, and Steam doesn't know how to parse those , so it says the 31st for everybody even though it'll be the 1st for most of the world when it comes out. Because time zones. Just look on the Steam store page to see how long it has left for you and then do the math.

edit: Although actually, I don't know specifically how it works. To people who might know: Does Steam release games that are midnight releases when it is midnight in your time zone? Or when it's midnight Eastern Time (in Washington, where Valve is)?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 30, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CJacobs posted:

It's a midnight release, and Steam doesn't know how to parse those , so it says the 31st for everybody even though it'll be the 1st for most of the world when it comes out. Because time zones. Just look on the Steam store page to see how long it has left for you and then do the math.

edit: Although actually, I don't know specifically how it works. To people who might know: Does Steam release games that are midnight releases when it is midnight in your time zone? Or when it's midnight Eastern Time (in Washington, where Valve is)?

It'll probably be East coast Midnight.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Jesus, I'm glad all of you GMG purchasers mentioned getting your keys--I kept checking my e-mail accounts and wasn't finding anything so, on a whim, I checked my spam/junk folder (that periodically clears itself out) and found that the key had wound up there. So if you're expecting a key that hasn't arrived yet, you might want to double check for that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, Steam midnight releases are EST midnight releases, and so that's whatever it is for every other time zone. Their other two release windows are 10AM PST globally and staggered releases which are usually midnight per individual time zone going backwards from the earliest time zone to reach that specific midnight, which is where VPNs come into play.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 30, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The PS4 pre-order theme you get is garbage btw. Just two static images, not worth the download. Makes me wonder why PS4 doesn't just let you assign screenshots to use as themes, with static themes being so drat lazy.

Guys, we've got 2 days to rewatch the all the movies. That's my plan for making the time pass quicker and to get my head fully into wasteland mode. Watch all 4 movies, and spend Wed-Friday off work doing nothing but play this game like a filthy shut in. Will stock up on snacks and wallow in my own filth for the entire time for the full crusty goon experience.

Still hype.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Stock up on radioactive two headed lizards and Dinki Di dog food.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
So in this game, the villain might bear some resemblance to the dude from Preacher who had a scar on his bald head that made him look like a penis?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

So in this game, the villain might bear some resemblance to the dude from Preacher who had a scar on his bald head that made him look like a penis?

A cross between that and Rictus Erectus.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Stock up on radioactive two headed lizards and Dinki Di dog food.

A man who never eats rusted cans of dog food is never a real man.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

A cross between that and Rictus Erectus.

It is actually his brother, the third son of Immortan Joe.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
WITNESS MEEEEEEEEEE... Clicking the play game button over and over on Steam.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Jesus, I'm glad all of you GMG purchasers mentioned getting your keys--I kept checking my e-mail accounts and wasn't finding anything so, on a whim, I checked my spam/junk folder (that periodically clears itself out) and found that the key had wound up there. So if you're expecting a key that hasn't arrived yet, you might want to double check for that.

Also check your GMG account directly. Sometimes after your key gets added it can take a while for the email to actually get sent out.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

CJacobs posted:

As a pedantic reminder, Valve is located in Washington, but Washington is not located in Eastern Time; Washington State is in the Pacific time zone, about 3 hours difference.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

As a pedantic reminder, Valve is located in Washington, but Washington is not located in Eastern Time; Washington State is in the Pacific time zone, about 3 hours difference.

Yeah but their midnight releases usually are still EST.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mendrian posted:

Whoops. :downs:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Why do I do this and watch early streams of games, they're always universally bad at the games they stream (like DPS bad) and complain about problems that only exist because they're being super oblivious. I literally watched someone bitch and moan about never having any water for heath when not a minute before he walked up to and around this giant water container with a giant water icon on it with Max saying saying out loud, "Maybe I should grab some water.":negative:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I watched one where he had to blow up a gate and there was a giant prompt about using the fuel can (AND character dialogue from Chum about using it) but instead he took a good 5-10 minutes of trying to ram through it instead.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A lot of those guys intentionally play like idiots because it attracts more viewers (because they want to see the idiot and yell at him for being an idiot).

At least, this is what I like to tell myself.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A lot of those guys intentionally play like idiots because it attracts more viewers (because they want to see the idiot and yell at him for being an idiot).

At least, this is what I like to tell myself.

Nope.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Wasn't Shadow of Mordor the same way? At least, I think it was.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's cosmic law that anyone streaming a game before release is a monumental retard that can't follow the most obvious clues. There's no way all of them are running the same scam, especially since 95% of the time it's some nobody who got the street date broken, and their streams last for minutes or hours at most.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
I am so jealous of you shits. I won't be back from my vacation until late on the third. Happily I will still have 4 days after that before returning to work so that's four days of playing without a break like a filthy shut in. I'm keeping my scuzzy travel beard to get into character. WITNESS ME ......irritate my wife by playing a video game for half a week.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Leave me some faith in humanity.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Orv posted:

It's cosmic law that anyone streaming a game before release is a monumental retard that can't follow the most obvious clues. There's no way all of them are running the same scam, especially since 95% of the time it's some nobody who got the street date broken, and their streams last for minutes or hours at most.

And people wonder why some games are starting to be point to point corridors WITH objective arrows. Any, Mad Max is looking like it will own.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Leave me some faith in humanity.

Nope.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So has anyone in the thread got it early yet? if so hows the gameplay?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, your poo poo taste in video games does enough damage to my faith in humanity, so why not. ;)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, your poo poo taste in video games does enough damage to my faith in humanity, so why not. ;)

No-one gets to talk poo poo about my taste in games after the last eight months of the Steam thread.

Also I was First Prophet for SoM so get fuuuuucked.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 30, 2015

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Saw the movie twice in the theaters, bought it on xbox video two weeks ago and have watched it probably 5 times since. Preordered for the console two weeks ago, bought it for the PC when the $20 key was posted the other day. Taking off Tuesday to play until my eyes see Valhalla. I think I might have a problem.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Looks like you start out only able to hold one shiv and, at most, two shots for your shotgun. Which starts out as a PIPE shotgun, not even Max's signature breach-loader. Wow.

I remember Fallout 2 and how the first lovely gun you could find was a pipe musket.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The pup finds that pipe shottie for you at the start yeah.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The first objective of the game is fixing that poor dog's leg, right? :ohdear: Man, I just know that dog is not gonna live through the game, and that makes me sad.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
This game actually started out as a John Wick tie-in.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The first objective of the game is fixing that poor dog's leg, right?
Now I want to upgrade the pup like I will Max.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

evil_bunnY posted:

Now I want to upgrade the pup like I will Max.

Imagen if that is the secret the developers have been able to keep under wraps until release.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

Male Man posted:

This game actually started out as a John Wick tie-in.

Not enough bullets in the Wasteland for all those headshots.

A John Wick game could be good. Not really anything to do with the movie, just poo poo from his life. Seems like some good potential there. Bonus points for the game somehow penalizing you if you don't finish every opponent with a headshot.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Orv posted:

No-one gets to talk poo poo about my taste in games after the last eight months of the Steam thread.

Also I was First Prophet for SoM so get fuuuuucked.

On the other hand, we were both on the Watch_Dogs train :smith:

But holy hell is this the single longest weekend I've ever experienced.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

On the other hand, we were both on the Watch_Dogs train :smith:

Woah buddy, I was in like, coach at best for Watch Dogs. Mods please change thread name to Orv's Game Opinion Beligerancy Wasteland.

I'm passing the weekend by drinking heavily, staying up way too long and then waking up at like 8PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ShootaBoy posted:

I've got both MGS V and Mad Max sitting on my PS4 hard drive just waiting for the unlock....

• Locked thread