Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I think you have misunderstood something here.

You seem to have misunderstood who the condescending one is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

You seem to have misunderstood who the condescending one is here.

I responded in kind. In the initial words of whoever the other person was, hope that helps!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Aha! Now that you've said the tables have turned, that means you thought there were unturned tables!

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Grim posted:

I liked the part of the interview right at the end where they confirm that MPB will be back later this season :)

And yea looking forward to Stephen Colbert as an alien who lives inside Rick's space-car battery, I wonder if Roiland will ever end up on the new Late Show

Yeah they said something in a interview about Colbert being equal terms with Rick, which is something we have never seen before. So the stakes are high.

Edit: Colbert's character I should say.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I probably butchered that.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I wonder if this is going to be a Futurama Universe 1/Universe A scenario.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I responded in kind. In the initial words of whoever the other person was, hope that helps!

Yes, stooping to their perceived level makes you somehow not awful.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough, holy poo poo.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
the phrase "hope this helps" is used exclusively by tiresome shitheads

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I don't know if it's just that one line in the preview (which it may very well be, since the EW clip sounds more normal), but I love Colbert's delivery for some reason.

"THAT'S WHAT YOO USE MY UNIVERSE FORRR? TO RUN YORE CAAARRRR??"

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Yes, stooping to their perceived level makes you somehow not awful.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough, holy poo poo.

Sometimes you have to show the smug Tumblrers why they're being lovely.

If that makes me an awful person, :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my god shut up

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm gonna make this thread a Rick and Morty episode 'bout tumblr.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
the gently caress's dota?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Well I'm leaving!"
"Yeah ok, that was always allowed"

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

"Well I'm leaving!"
"Yeah ok, that was always allowed"

This place is full of Jerry's.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raserys posted:

All four of those things are good

Some things that are good become bad when consumed to excess and/or in exclusion of other things.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I used to like the Steven universe thread then it became pages and pages of fan art and tagents about the shows themes or something. So I left.

I was in a accident I have been bed bound since June the hospital has cartoon net work. I could watch teen titans go all day. Strangle I lost interest the same time I refused my pain meds.

I often reflect on being 30 and watch kids cartoons. I look at my self and 5hink it s okay then I look at Fandoms and it makes me feel sad about my self.

Rick and morty is not a kids show, and I can feel the creators energy coming out of it and it's entertaining in funny and dark way. Morty get abused so much in the show the rape scene the having to kill fart. And it's all done for our entertainment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

edit

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 30, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ernie Muppari posted:

the gently caress's dota?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VnVgtYzKjM

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

max4me posted:

I used to like the Steven universe thread then it became pages and pages of fan art and tagents about the shows themes or something. So I left.

I used to like the Rick and morty thread then it became pages and pages of tagents without fanart or discussing the shows themes. So I left.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Steven Universe freakin sucks

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

henkman posted:

Steven Universe freakin sucks

Jeez Rick, I mean, the Steven Universe thread is right there, and they don't seem to be bothering anyone... Maybe we should just go...

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What the gently caress did I bring to this thread.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

pksage posted:

I used to like the Rick and morty thread then it became pages and pages of tagents without fanart or discussing the shows themes. So I left.

If only.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

What should a thread be, if not for posting fanart and discussing themes..?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

max4me posted:

I often reflect on being 30 and watch kids cartoons. I look at my self and 5hink it s okay then I look at Fandoms and it makes me feel sad about my self.

I'm 30 too and this here is the exact reason why I never identify myself with any fandom, ever, no matter how much I might like something. Nor any anti-movement either, when it comes to entertainment. In Rick's words: "Well, that's retarded."

Like what you like and watch whatever you like. If others happen to be fans of the same things, and they happen to be obsessive morons about it, that's entirely on them and not you. Unless, of course, you decide you must defend your fandom when it comes to, sayyy...Steven Universe in a thread that doesn't have that as its topic. Then yea, proceed to feel bad about yourself for acting upon its defense/offense and identifying with a mass of internet strangers based solely on what you and they (dis)like.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I try not even to be aware of most fandoms. I mean they ruined most anime for me (thank God), and I take little enough pleasure out of life as it is.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

VideoTapir posted:

I try not even to be aware of most fandoms. I mean they ruined most anime for me (thank God), and I take little enough pleasure out of life as it is.

Someone once asked me what Fandoms I was a part of and I was like "What?" I had to look up the term because I didn't understand it. Turns out it's not enough to just like something anymore. You have to get creepily obsessive about it to the point of driving it into the ground.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

You guys probably saw this rick invention. it went through quite a few iterations because of its shear importance to the episode. There was even a special meeting that took place between Justin, James, Mike and myself to discuss it. I tried to come up with a lot of terrifying ways for rick to attempt suicide. which was really hard because it was a fairly depressing idea. I really liked the heat lamps but i’m glad they went with the tattoo gun blender. I guess there is no official name for this device.

I also worked out a few ways for the effect to work. This was all very preliminary stuff that didn’t really get used. but i just wanted to share with you all the beginnings of this design.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The heat lamps are my favorite.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I'm a bit partial to that last one, that looks kinda like an ironing heater. But yea, with that one he'd flop down and it'd follow, even if I see that's not quite how it'd work. Lovely concepts.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I think it's interesting that in the concept art it looks as though Rick is coldly ordering the blob creature he created to his death whereas in the finished product it looks more like a mercy killing.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

NiceGuy posted:

I think it's interesting that in the concept art it looks as though Rick is coldly ordering the blob creature he created to his death whereas in the finished product it looks more like a mercy killing.

That's a really interesting change. I thought it was significant that in the final version Rick pets the creature sympathetically a few times before sticking it in the machine.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
That first design in the second image reminds me of the head-removing arcade machine from Blips and Chits.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

a cop posted:

What should a thread be, if not for posting fanart and discussing themes..?

Closed two days after each episode airs.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Wait, that was a suicide machine? I thought it was just some kind of crazy device that got him super drunk or high or something.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

So would anyone introduce someone to this series with 'Total Rickall'?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Segmentation Fault posted:

Wait, that was a suicide machine? I thought it was just some kind of crazy device that got him super drunk or high or something.

Like it did with the baby cronenburg thing?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

FireWorksWell posted:

I wouldn't, if only because it takes most of the punch out of the Mr. Poopy Butthole gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Typical posted:

You guys probably saw this rick invention. it went through quite a few iterations because of its shear importance to the episode. There was even a special meeting that took place between Justin, James, Mike and myself to discuss it. I tried to come up with a lot of terrifying ways for rick to attempt suicide. which was really hard because it was a fairly depressing idea. I really liked the heat lamps but i’m glad they went with the tattoo gun blender. I guess there is no official name for this device.

I also worked out a few ways for the effect to work. This was all very preliminary stuff that didn’t really get used. but i just wanted to share with you all the beginnings of this design.
Heavy.

I like what you ended up with. It's like a cobbled-together futuristic version of a cattle bolt.

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm thinking about trying this today so I'm also interested in hearing answers.

• Locked thread