Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It was authentic enough to fool the IDF, who are arguing it was supposed to be a lawful arrest, so...

I don't understand why a soldier is wearing a balaclava. The IDF just making sure to look more and more sinister...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

The cartoonist has no idea how Tinder works.

I'm actually a little surprised to learn Muir does not use Tinder, but how lazy do you have to be to not even look up its control scheme before making a cartoon about it? It involves only TWO BUTTONS, you can clearly see them by looking at a single screenshot of the app, and neither one of them even resembles a "search" button.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Did Bruce's wife leave him?

Pretty sure he's been doing this "joke" since the strip's VERY FIRST YEAR.

This, THIS is Tinsley's idea of a "classic running-gag."

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

As relevant today as it was two weeks ago.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Support this man, or the terrorists win.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I don't understand why a soldier is wearing a balaclava. The IDF just making sure to look more and more sinister...

It's common among special forces, as you want to prevent enemies and onlookers from identifying the soldiers.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

Cronyism in the House of Lords.

Sunday Telegraph:

A nap a day could save your life, research suggests

Independent on Sunday:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It was authentic enough to fool the IDF, who are arguing it was supposed to be a lawful arrest, so...

I love how Latuff rushed to gloat over an obviously staged propaganda video and how the IDF were also fooled, looked at it, nodded and decided, "This was an accurate and perfectly acceptable operation".

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

It's common among special forces, as you want to prevent enemies and onlookers from identifying the soldiers.

Do you really need special forces for a protest?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

It's kind of weird that the soldier in the background has got a bunch of poo poo on and looks way more realistic, while the front and center of the operation looks like a really crappy extra.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought the soldier looked fake at first, but when I saw the IDF response I figured it was real. So is it real? No? I don't know anymore. The gun though really looked weird to me, what gun is it? I never saw an IDF soldier with such a gun, though the soldiers I tend to see are mostly teens on their way home from base or vice versa.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
All this over a bunch of lovely land littered with giant rocks

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I thought the soldier looked fake at first, but when I saw the IDF response I figured it was real. So is it real? No? I don't know anymore. The gun though really looked weird to me, what gun is it? I never saw an IDF soldier with such a gun, though the soldiers I tend to see are mostly teens on their way home from base or vice versa.

It looks like it has two sights on it which seems a bit ridiculous?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It's a IMI Tavor TAR-21. Standard issue IDF assault rifle. It's been modified.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's a IMI Tavor TAR-21. Standard issue IDF assault rifle. It's been modified.

Huh, I always see soldiers with what seems to be a M16A1, or similar.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Of all places a kung fu card game put a Harry on their Facebook page.

Not really political, but I don't often get a chance to contribute cartoons at all.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
BoJack has fallen on hard times.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ThatPazuzu posted:

BoJack has fallen on hard times.
Back in the 90s I was in a very famous politoon...

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Remember this?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah, gently caress the whales!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Remember this?

I like this and I like you for making it. :glomp:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Well, one of them did swallow Jonah. But that was only because God ordered him to because Jonah was trying to run away from him (from God, not the whale) so I don't think the whale can really be blamed for that.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sexual health, caring for the enviroment and loving your fellow man, all concepts well know to be inherently hostile to christians.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Man it's way too easy to AGC this one. Look how happy that child is to go to such a nice, no-bullshit school.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, one of them did swallow Jonah. But that was only because God ordered him to because Jonah was trying to run away from him (from God, not the whale) so I don't think the whale can really be blamed for that.

Even then I'm sure it's a sin to swallow seamen.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Erenthal posted:

Sexual health, caring for the enviroment and loving your fellow man, all concepts well know to be inherently hostile to christians.

Turns out Christianity was the problem! Sorry Dan you aren't selling me.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A little background, these cartoons are from Answers in Gensis, which is the organization building a life size ark in KY.

https://answersingenesis.org/media/cartoons/

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

A little background, these cartoons are from Answers in Gensis, which is the organization building a life size ark in KY.

AGC.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The March of Progress is misleading and confuses people about evolution. A Good Cartoon.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Ted Rall you loving hack

There, I tried.

edit: this one almost looks normal.

Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 30, 2015

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
I'm pretty sure that Edward Snowden doesn't have a lazy eye.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You forget this is Dan "No Cartoony Noah's Ark" Lietha.

As I learned it in my Bible study, it wasn't some cutesy rounded whale. The "big fish" was probably a SHARK!

(no, really, that was what I was taught to make it less ridiculous that he spent three days in its digestive tract, and I give it at least even odds he'd take something similar)

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Both of these look so familiar, do anti-abortion people just slap a new date on cartoons like these every couple of years?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

beepsandboops posted:

Both of these look so familiar, do anti-abortion people just slap a new date on cartoons like these every couple of years?
Maybe they only have a handful of lovely messages and have to keep cycling through them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beepsandboops posted:

It's from the beginning of the year. The anniversary of Roe v Wade is late January, and he'll generally poo poo out a cartoon for it.

Yes, pro-lifers are the only people that celebrate Roe v Wade :ironicat:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

This hasn't gotten near enough love, for what should be a triumphant return.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rorus Raz posted:

Yes, pro-lifers are the only people that celebrate Roe v Wade :ironicat:

Is that what you think? Oh man you've been missing out. If you go to PP on the anniversary of Roe v Wade you get a free abortion and fetus burger.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Another new Lang. Clumsy even by his standards.

SOFREP posted:

Reports are coming out revealing that the Pentagon may have cooked the books when it comes to the number of airstrikes undertaken against ISIS. If someone in CENTCOM did that they have a pair of brass ones, but it is more likely that it was done under pressure from White House staffers.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Christ, how are these people so incapable of drawing Obama? Rhetorical question, I know they're racist, and that they inject all their hate into their drawings of him, but jesus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Hmmm, I need to represent Nazis and Commies - the Commies are easy, I'll just use Stalin to represent them. But a Nazi? Who best represents the Nazis? What one figure in history is instantly recognizable as a Nazi? Nope... nope I'm drawing a blank, it'll just have to be a generic blond dude in a Nazi uniform, there's no one person I can possibly think of that would represent Nazis and pure evil to every single person who looked at it. Not a one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lord_Ventnor posted:

I'm pretty sure that Edward Snowden doesn't have a lazy eye.

Citizenfour had a large special effects budget supplied by the LAPD to cover it up and discredit Rall. It's all in the enhanced audio tape.

• Locked thread