Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

i bite my hand really hard every time i see that thread and blood comes out

gotta lot of scars now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:captainpop:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

He's like a gargoyle from Snow Crash only retarded.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
epic samery

for the win

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Please keep posts to three feet or less.

( :arghfist: )

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
im never gonna understand this thread

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al Nipper posted:

epic samery

for the win

idiot

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Vee is 'bate teens b young. Greatest video hash I've encountered.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

these funeral pics still show more respect for the dead than any funeral my family has held

Lol if your drunk uncle has never tripped over the stage and knocked the corpse over at the wake

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Toadstrieb posted:

'Fraid you missed the point, or maybe you genuinely feel a warm feeling in your heart when you see the "hand written" chalk signs outside a Starbucks full of people gazing into their phones, gigantic pictures of "natives" roasting beans on the wall. poo poo's false. It's money making propaganda that disguises its own emptiness.

really piercing the veil again with scathing insight

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in some circumstances but not this

cool dead bodies:
people you've killed
bodies you dug up from the graveyard
car accidents

not cool dead bodies:
people who just died at the hospital
people at funerals

how do you know she didn't kill gran gran?

maybe she has powers. maybe she just enjoys killing.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

circ dick soleil posted:

Anything that offends you, just respond "loving millenials". Works pretty good imho.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Caption: loving Millenials

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
loving millennials

*me as I type this*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Is that really trying to make people in the past look better, because man the choices they made. Of the old; NAZI evil obviously, Rambo barely function soldier with major case of PTSD, Also may or may not support Islamic extremists and their war against the the west and everything it stands for, and random Kurosawa characters, see at least one (depending on who you ask) rapist/murderer, bunch of other morally dubious people, possibly a good guy or two, but been a while since seen.

Anyway when compared against some vaguely douchey looking, but otherwise inoffensive teens, then yeah, people in the past were all messed up gently caress ups, and we should be glad they're all dead, and replaced with lesser gently caress ups.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When men were men, not like now farrrttt

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Is that really trying to make people in the past look better, because man the choices they made. Of the old; NAZI evil obviously, Rambo barely function soldier with major case of PTSD, Also may or may not support Islamic extremists and their war against the the west and everything it stands for, and random Kurosawa characters, see at least one (depending on who you ask) rapist/murderer, bunch of other morally dubious people, possibly a good guy or two, but been a while since seen.

Anyway when compared against some vaguely douchey looking, but otherwise inoffensive teens, then yeah, people in the past were all messed up gently caress ups, and we should be glad they're all dead, and replaced with lesser gently caress ups.

don't be a millenial apologist

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

millennials make me angry, with their polaroid cameras, and tape players, and the tv, and the mtv.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Skeleton Ape posted:

Imagine watching the footage of the Hindenburg disaster or something and then suddenly you see the old timey camera operator's face in front of everything and he has a top hat and mustache and is all like :monocle:

This would be great in my opinion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
millennials are people born between roughly 1984 and 2004. SA hates an entire generation but mostly just conflate millennial behavior with hipster behavior because there is tons of overlap.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

thathonkey posted:

millennials are people born between roughly 1984 and 2004.

I'm a millennial

Take that, SomethingAwful.com

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

circ dick soleil posted:

attempt to out-irony the fat hate threads

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'm post-millenial, which makes me double meta-ironic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ThePriceIsRight posted:

don't be a millenial apologist

don't be a NAZI apologist :v:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Millenial wannabe spotted.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Section 31 posted:

Millenial wannabe spotted.

Not saying that millenials are good, just all other generations were more poo poo.

Except maybe gen X. They had the good sense to recognized they, and everything else was poo poo, and were fine with that.

I can respect that.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

hahaha if you think dead bodies or historical sites deserve reverence they're only corporeal

grow up baby

yeah, like 50-100 years ago it was common af to photo your family along with someone who just died

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I really want to have the sex with the goon pictures op

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

ethanol posted:

'mirin dat plumage a little much there, chief?

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 30, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah, like 50-100 years ago it was common af to photo your family along with someone who just died

because pictures were a luxury and you had to get one with the corpse if you wanted a picture of the person at all.

Now it's easy to take pictures of anything all the time so why not take your picture with a corpse? How many people can say they have one of those?

All this ire for the living and respect for the dead is confusingly backwards.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Jesus christ :eyepop:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Bunch of lazy assholes. :buddy:

they probably got shot because they were looking at their phones lol

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

really piercing the veil again with scathing insight

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling me or not, but what we are asking is, "do millennials suck, and why?", and I'm answering that question in a way that's relevant to what's been in the thread recently, ie, this dude and his art project.

Are you trying to defend him? Because his work isn't even really what I'm honing in on, its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

To break it down further, some would argue that a lack of critical insight and ability to be easily pandered to are two criteria for being poo poo people.

Let me argue for you though and go a step further to assert, as I bet you are, that "nothing matters" , so it's dumb to get upset about anything, culture included, OR perhaps you're one of those quasi-nihilists who's actually a closet positivist and is excited by anything you see, as long as you don't have to be critical of it.

I really hope you have more to say than that, but I'm also pretty sure you'll just shitpost again.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ghlbtsk posted:

Jesus Christ are those stupid scarves ever going to go away?

last heat wave i still saw young women wearing scarves on the way to work

so no

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Toadstrieb posted:

they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

This is true of every generation in every country, so I'm not sure why it's worth calling out Millennials in particular over.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

ethanol posted:

animal fucker

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

animal fucker

wanna gently caress that bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

literally a bird must be a heron cuz she just fishin for complements from thirsty goons

• Locked thread