Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Baby Boomers: Literal babies who had everything in their lives catered to them and are still loving it up as they reach their unaffordable retirements and will have to be bailed out since they never imagined anything difficult could ever happen to them, but are very angry and judgmental of Snake People because they aren't admiring the struggles and sacrifices Boomers endured.

don't get mad, get even, by being completely unable to pay for their retirement hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

This is true of every generation in every country, so I'm not sure why it's worth calling out Millennials in particular over.

That's just a little bit of an overgeneralization, don't you think? There are better and worse generations in terms of either embracing or rejecting the politics of their times. You'd hardly say that Vietnam protesters were just as big suckers as these loving yellow ribbon support our troops who cares if Bush lied shitkickers, would you?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Is George Bush Jr a millennial? He even paints his own selfies

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

ethanol posted:

Is George Bush Jr a millennial? He even paints his own selfies

depends if you believe he has come of age or not yet

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toadstrieb posted:

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling me or not, but what we are asking is, "do millennials suck, and why?", and I'm answering that question in a way that's relevant to what's been in the thread recently, ie, this dude and his art project.

Are you trying to defend him? Because his work isn't even really what I'm honing in on, its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

To break it down further, some would argue that a lack of critical insight and ability to be easily pandered to are two criteria for being poo poo people.

Let me argue for you though and go a step further to assert, as I bet you are, that "nothing matters" , so it's dumb to get upset about anything, culture included, OR perhaps you're one of those quasi-nihilists who's actually a closet positivist and is excited by anything you see, as long as you don't have to be critical of it.

I really hope you have more to say than that, but I'm also pretty sure you'll just shitpost again.

Jesus Christ

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

ghlbtsk posted:

Jesus Christ are those stupid scarves ever going to go away?

I dont see a problem with these scarves

full disclosure:

<--- Millennial

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadstrieb posted:

its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

every generation is happily duped into being sold lifestyles and material poo poo

also shut up you sound real snotty

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
shut the gently caress up and post pictures

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Prorat posted:

Millennial.jpg MEGATHREAD, I'll start it off.

Is that a Rembrandt?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Preoptopus posted:

Is that a Rembrandt?

nah man its an iphone 6

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ratjaculation posted:

nah man its an iphone 6

Jejeje

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Toadvine posted:

every generation is happily duped into being sold lifestyles and material poo poo

also shut up you sound real snotty

Wow yall have some reading to do, everything hasn't been the same forever just because it's easy to say that it has. I'm outa here tho :rolleyes:

Toadstrieb fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 30, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadstrieb posted:

Wow yall have some reading to do, everything hasn't been the same forever just because it's easy to say that it has.

the difference back then was when you were selling the new american lifestyle, well-off people could actually attain what was being advertised

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al Nipper posted:

epic samery

for the win

ugh gently caress you

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

ugh gently caress you

Whatevs

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Sorry for the meme but this showed up on my fb the other day.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

that's not the worst style, weird that it became a teenager trend

just think how rank those feet must smell

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Phlegmish posted:

just think how rank those feet must smell

Not w a sprinkle of baby powder :cmon:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Ka0 posted:

shut the gently caress up and post pictures

She is loving perfect

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

buddhanc posted:

She is loving perfect

Little less perfect after the picture.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

sincx posted:

loving idiot. He'd have easily gotten laid by at least a 6/10 if he'd just act less creepy. His face is fine.

lol

its almost as if elliot rogers was completely insane and incapable of just acting less creepy, hosed up if true

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Professor Shark posted:

Millenial Poetry

90's Brit Pop lyrics

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Preoptopus posted:

Sorry for the meme but this showed up on my fb the other day.

My ex tried to dress me in these stupid loving shoes

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

you were right to sever over this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Legit, what is with this poo poo? Like, I understand in a formal setting, but dressing your boyfriend to see his friends?

The gently caress is that about?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

also wearing any kind of closed shoe without socks is just gross.

except beach shoes I guess.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Legit, what is with this poo poo? Like, I understand in a formal setting, but dressing your boyfriend to see his friends?

Ladies like to play dress up, some of them are also crazy control freaks.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You've never seen a preppie before? Man, those dudes would swarm like locusts around protestant schools all over. Same dudes you'd see with popped collars a decade ago.

They never stopped making those dudes.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

they make loafer socks specifically for wearing with loafers and boat shoes you loving plebs

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

She wants to gently caress a rich dude but has to settle for a guy who dresses like a rich dude

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

mr. mephistopheles posted:

they make loafer socks specifically for pussies you loving plebs

Ftfy

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

gently caress

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Ork of Fiction posted:

You've never seen a preppie before? Man, those dudes would swarm like locusts around protestant schools all over. Same dudes you'd see with popped collars a decade ago.

They never stopped making those dudes.

i think the new surprising thing is that they no longer know what twill pants, linen pants, or even a second kind of shorts are

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

extra stout posted:

i think the new surprising thing is that they no longer know what twill pants, linen pants, or even a second kind of shorts are

Survival of the least-fitted.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
PICS PLEASE

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i use the word "whilst"

*strokes millennial neckbeard*

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

i'm ignorant of the majority of english speaking countries commonly using the word "whilst"

*strokes assault rifle*

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

sinking belle posted:

i'm ignorant of the majority of english speaking countries commonly using the word "whilst"

*strokes assault rifle*

lol you sure got him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Wow, and I thought I was the ugliest transsexual on the planet.

• Locked thread