Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

MGSV doesn't really interest me. I'd rather be driving cars and blowing stuff up rather than sneak around and hide in cardboard boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Starhawk64 posted:

MGSV doesn't really interest me. I'd rather be driving cars and blowing stuff up rather than sneak around and hide in cardboard boxes.

:agreed: Besides,MGS doesn't allow the player to tear across a giant desert in a custom deathmobile while cackling maniacally and shouting things like "WITNESS ME!" and :mediocre:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd rather just play a game about explosions and killing than get into Konami microtransactions or tacked on dark souls invasions.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

VolticSurge posted:

:agreed: Besides,MGS doesn't allow the player to tear across a giant desert in a custom deathmobile while cackling maniacally and shouting things like "WITNESS ME!" and :mediocre:

mgs5 has horses that poop

hth

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJCQVLNQGU

If you're like me and you have no willpower and you wanna see what the first hour or so of the game is like check this out. A fairly competent player has the prologue up and roughly 40 minutes of stuff right after that.

Edit: Fixed broken link :confused:

Al Cu Ad Solte fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 31, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCnBdFM3444UlBYYRsUteZaQ

If you're like me and you have no willpower and you wanna see what the first hour or so of the game is like check this out. A fairly competent player has the prologue up and roughly 40 minutes of stuff right after that.

link does not work

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I saw an old muscle car in traffic today that was missing it's front bumper and it made me think about how to armor it and make it offensive.

28 hours to go.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VolticSurge posted:

Uh yes it does, 25 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgNUFSoHv8

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Agrajag posted:

link does not work

Weird, it's supposed to link to the playlist. Anyway here's Part 1, just go to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJCQVLNQGU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rama of Ra posted:

Not enough bullets in the Wasteland for all those headshots.

A John Wick game could be good. Not really anything to do with the movie, just poo poo from his life. Seems like some good potential there. Bonus points for the game somehow penalizing you if you don't finish every opponent with a headshot.

Max Payne 3 is already basically John Wick The Video Game. Although that but with Stranglehold-style points and combos and would be crazy awesome for a John Wick game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJCQVLNQGU

I'm glad Chum is so likable considering we're spending so much time with him. I was worried he'd be grating.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That's less sneaking around in cardboard boxes and more like shenanigans you would pull off in the Far Cry games, I could get behind this game as well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I like how the character profiles have a little quote the character says, really spruces up the usual Batman profile gallery that's really only useful for audio logs.

Rama of Ra posted:

Not enough bullets in the Wasteland for all those headshots.

A John Wick game could be good. Not really anything to do with the movie, just poo poo from his life. Seems like some good potential there. Bonus points for the game somehow penalizing you if you don't finish every opponent with a headshot.

Wick already exists in a game, but they're going work with Starbreeze to make a VR game with Wick while the sequel/prequel film is in production.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm glad Chum is so likable considering we're spending so much time with him. I was worried he'd be grating.

Same, when I was watching those older videos I wasn't so keen on him constantly being in the back of the Opus but he seems, well, like a real chum.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So does the steam pre-load unlock at midnight, or sometime later on in the day tomorrow?

*ed*

oh durr, tomorrow is Monday not tues, but same question 1 day forward.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crabtree posted:

I like how the character profiles have a little quote the character says, really spruces up the usual Batman profile gallery that's really only useful for audio logs.

Wick already exists in a game, but they're going work with Starbreeze to make a VR game with Wick while the sequel/prequel film is in production.

wow, now i am sad about vr only. i still like starbreez even if alot of them moved onto machine games. But yeah. i like that all wb games seem to have little codexes in them. its cool

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 31, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

So does the steam pre-load unlock at midnight, or sometime later on in the day tomorrow?

*ed*

oh durr, tomorrow is Monday not tues, but same question 1 day forward.

Midnight EST 1st, 9PM PST 31st, extrapolate as necessary.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Heh, when I saw shirtless Max my first thought was to wonder where his big descriptive tattoo was.

I wonder if you can get a flyswatter shiv...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Orv posted:

Midnight EST 1st, 9PM PST 31st, extrapolate as necessary.

I thought steam users get it a day early (i.e. August 31st or midnight tonight).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I thought steam users get it a day early (i.e. August 31st or midnight tonight).

I think I get it around 10:00 PM Mountain Time,if my math is right.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Game unlocks in 1 day and 1 hour.

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
I feel like an irradiated peasant waiting for the Immortan to begin pouring thousands of gallons of water into the dirt for us tomorrow.

*tries to fashion a funnel for his canteen in the meantime*

e: Is the Citadel ingame?

KlavoHunter fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 31, 2015

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Oh hey, this game's coming out.

And just when I had finally stopped annoying my friends by talking about Mad Max constantly. :negative:

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Semi-on topic: Anyone going to Wasteland Weekend in California next month? It's yearly and I imagine it'll be so chrome this year with Fury Road being out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

KlavoHunter posted:

I feel like an irradiated peasant waiting for the Immortan to begin pouring thousands of gallons of water into the dirt for us tomorrow.

*tries to fashion a funnel for his canteen in the meantime*

e: Is the Citadel ingame?

Nah.Gastown is,though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, this game is only loosely in canon with the film. Which is fine. Though I'd really love Aunty Entity to show up.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
That said, if they did it right I wouldn't mind some Immortan Joe DLC.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Crabtree posted:

That said, if they did it right I wouldn't mind some Immortan Joe DLC.

I'd pay a disgusting amount of money for a Furiosa skin.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Crappy Jack posted:

I'd pay a disgusting amount of money for a Furiosa skin.

With new game+

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
So, is the thread consensus that there's no degree of VPN trickery that will allow this New Yorker to unlock early?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Do not grow addicted to early access, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Barracuda Bang! posted:

So, is the thread consensus that there's no degree of VPN trickery that will allow this New Yorker to unlock early?

UK gets it in 18 hours, US gets it in 23, I plan on playing it while I wait for and download MGSV

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

UK gets it in 18 hours, US gets it in 23, I plan on playing it while I wait for and download MGSV

I think he was asking where to connect to in order to get it earliest, to which I don't have an answer because I don't know poo poo about VPNs.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I think he was asking where to connect to in order to get it earliest, to which I don't have an answer because I don't know poo poo about VPNs.

Would be pretty rad to get it unlocked earlier - anyone know what time it's saying it'll unlock in NZ?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

iGestalt posted:

Would be pretty rad to get it unlocked earlier - anyone know what time it's saying it'll unlock in NZ?

Steam says 22 hours even though it will be midnight here in 6 hours :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dragonstoned posted:

Steam says 22 hours even though it will be midnight here in 6 hours :(

Alas. I guess it's midnight.. somewhere unlock. No Mad Maxin' today.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

iGestalt posted:

NZ gets it in 22 hours. Maybe their stuff is broken, but going down a list of VPN connections, Europe in general is the fastest you'll get it as of right now.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I've heard that if you kiss an effigy of Gaben at exactly 11:59pm local time, then the game you want to play the most unlocks a minute later.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
21 hours to unlock. Just got my cdkey via email and I'm downloading it now.

Work in the morning, then I have afternoon (an hour before it unlocks) and the next two days off, this works out very well.

Have a Fury Road explosion: http://i.imgur.com/E0BcGTz.gifv http://imgur.com/n8JAC3B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Speedball posted:

Do not grow addicted to early access, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

Gaben Joe's son Corpus notices a sudden large number of region changes on accounts - "Hey Pa! You know about this?"

• Locked thread