Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And nobody should be surprised that it's Julia, Steve, and Meg that was unable to make it until the end of the live show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I hate these comps that make us show watchers wait until Sunday to see the outcome

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

I hate these comps that make us show watchers wait until Sunday to see the outcome

That want to make you either watch the Sunday show or watch the feeds :D. They do it on purpose!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its honestly a huge reason why I get the feeds every year. Seeing the endurance comps play out along with the immediate fallout of HOH/noms/POV/backdoors is pretty much worth the $6 a month even if you never watch it otherwise.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

RHAP has pontificated at length that these episode carry over comps are done to drum up interest in the Sunday show which is the weakest in the bunch once BoTB is out of the picture. It could be argued that BoTB isn't worth a poo poo watching either but without the HOH carry over the Sunday show would have no comp footage at all to show and the powers that be seem to think every broadcast show needs to have comp footage.

BB learned years ago that viewers could give a rat's rear end about have/have not comps so they rightfully scrubbed 'em. Outside of a surprise luxury comp or Pandora's Box the Sunday show has the weakest weight on the schedule as far as getting eyeballs to tune in. Wednesday and Thursday have some scheduled purpose be it with POV and Eviction... Sunday is Noms and not much else.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

unfortunately 99% of BB comps are boring as gently caress

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I find comps incredibly boring to watch. I wish they'd cut them out of the Sunday episode altogether and put in more of the fun segments like James pranking people, it gives you a sense of what the house is actually like.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

rafington posted:

Yeah I find comps incredibly boring to watch. I wish they'd cut them out of the Sunday episode altogether and put in more of the fun segments like James pranking people, it gives you a sense of what the house is actually like.

Jame's pranks have become the reason I keep watching this season. I don't hate anyone in the house (which is new!), but I also don't have anyone to really back, either (especially after JMac saying he'd target Meg, of all people). Now I'm just going to enjoy watching them all turn on each other when they are forced to do so.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well, they sure are using every second of footage they got from this HOH comp.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I think they doubled the length of the HOH comp on the show.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, they sure are using every second of footage they got from this HOH comp.

With such phenomenally bad players, there probably wasn't a whole lot of planning and scheming going on.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

rafington posted:

"I was DEVASTATED when I fell" was said like five times. It's not the comps as much as its the sound-byte narration they force on us. Holy poo poo I know you -HAVE- to win this HoH/veto.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Vanessa has a serious problem now. If she gets to the final four with Austin and the twins, she never makes it to the end. If she goes after Austin or the twins, they will all hate her and she'll lose their jury votes if she does manage to make it to the end. She has to hope that someone else wins HOH and takes out Liz.

Meg will never win anything, Steve doesn't have the guts to go after anyone, this leaves Johnny Mac as Vanessa's only hope.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Svanja posted:

Jame's pranks have become the reason I keep watching this season. I don't hate anyone in the house (which is new!), but I also don't have anyone to really back, either (especially after JMac saying he'd target Meg, of all people). Now I'm just going to enjoy watching them all turn on each other when they are forced to do so.

He's so good that I was genuinely surprised that it was Julia who pranked Liztin in bed this episode. It has added a new level of depth and dimension to her character, which I guess is sad if you think about it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I liked Julia's (or was it Liz?) inability to understand why Johnny Mac may consider going after them. "Yeah, we were in an alliance with him, and yeah, we put him on the block, and yeah, he went home, but why would he be upset?"

While it was unfortunate for James and Meg to be nominated, I can't really fault them for not wanting to give up information to Vanessa. Same with not going up to her with the deal.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Orange Sunshine posted:

Vanessa has a serious problem now. If she gets to the final four with Austin and the twins, she never makes it to the end. If she goes after Austin or the twins, they will all hate her and she'll lose their jury votes if she does manage to make it to the end. She has to hope that someone else wins HOH and takes out Liz.

Meg will never win anything, Steve doesn't have the guts to go after anyone, this leaves Johnny Mac as Vanessa's only hope.

I disagree. Steve is not stupid. This late in the game he can take out targets.

He took out Jackie and then weaseled his way out of ANY blame. I think both JMac and Steve have the potential to take out the twins.

geera
May 20, 2003

Savahontas posted:

He took out Jackie and then weaseled his way out of ANY blame. I think both JMac and Steve have the potential to take out the twins.
I hope you're right, but I don't see how. The final four is pretty much locked at this point. After this week's eviction, Austin, the twins, and Vanessa have the numbers to control the vote, have a majority of the veto players, and have the best odds at winning HoH for their alliance.

Vanessa is probably already thinking about the psychological game she's going to have to play with Austin to turn him against the twins when they get to final four.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

geera posted:

I hope you're right, but I don't see how. The final four is pretty much locked at this point. After this week's eviction, Austin, the twins, and Vanessa have the numbers to control the vote, have a majority of the veto players, and have the best odds at winning HoH for their alliance.

Vanessa is probably already thinking about the psychological game she's going to have to play with Austin to turn him against the twins when they get to final four.

The question is, is there any chance that Austin would actually vote out Julia and keep Vanessa? He certainly wouldn't vote out Liz.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I think the only way that the Final 4 isn't Austwins + whatever person they decide to keep (I think Steve Vanessa and James all have a shot at this spot) is if JMac or Steve wins this next HOH.

I don't think Austin ever betrays the twins and I think Vanessa knows that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Comps are most important in final 4, so it would come down to who won HoH and veto.

Vanessa wins both: Austin gets evicted; either twin would vote him out over the other twin, though I doubt she would put Julia up.
Vanessa wins HoH, Austin wins veto: Julia gets evicted
Vanessa wins HoH, Liz wins veto: Austin gets evicted, most likely
Austin wins both: Vanessa gets evicted, most likely
Austin wins HoH, Liz or Julia wins veto: Vanessa gets evicted

Etc.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

So, ummm, why isn't Julia going to go home this week? Steve and Johnny Mac SHOULD see this, right?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

So, ummm, why isn't Julia going to go home this week? Steve and Johnny Mac SHOULD see this, right?

The alliance with Vanessa is all they have, and they are too stupid to run the numbers and realize they could go into the next HoH 4v2 instead of 2v4.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a tricky situation since John/Steve have ZERO relationship with Meg/James and Meg/James actually fear John/Steve/Vanessa more than Aus-Twins. If you take out Julia you might just be creating a Liz/Austin/James/Meg alliance and painting a target on your new power trio (and giving Vanessa a way to slither out of it and into F5).

John and Steve are kind of in a dangerous game position any way it goes. Their move here feels like kind of a coin flip to me for which bad spot is better.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Problem with Meg going is that no one will be gunning for James, other than Vanessa, who can't play in the next HoH. Even if Steve/John win, they are going to have to put up James + an Austwin, and then have to vote against their own interests in taking out James for Vanessa, rather than taking the opportunity to take the first shot in the 3v3 battle they have lined up.

If they give James and Meg a deal to keep Meg around, they are basically covered on both ends of the house. Austwins won't let the duo stick around another week if they win HoH and will have 2 players playing for HoH, and if James wins HoH he will put up Vanessa and and Austwin pawn.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty well convinced that Vanessa is psychotic.

Sticky situation or not, Steve and Meg have to realize that as long as the three headed monster remains so, nobody is going to have a chance. They should agree to vote Julia, then Austin. That should be James argument to Vanessa. He needs to simply apologize to Vanessa, tell her he was emotional, and not thinking clearly. The only person a bitter jury affects is Vanessa

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is also where there's a problem that James has broken his word numerous times in public fashion. So making a deal with him is sketchy when you know he has no qualms breaking it.

If Steve and Johnny had better relationships with James and Meg I think it would be a no brainer. But this comes back to the game they've played for the last 70+ days. All that trust you build or break along the way ends up paying dividends at these crucial moments.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Guys, I....kind of like Austin and Liz.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Popero posted:

Guys, I....kind of like Austin and Liz.

There's two kinds of people watching Big Brother 17, normal people that like Austin and Liz and the crazy cat ladies that are angry that Austin got too "rapey" with liz early on... then hated Liz when she decided she was in to Austin after all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find Austin/Liz fairly endearing as a couple. It feels kind of organic to me. Clay/Shelli felt very superficial with them wanting each other from the start and just hooking right up. This one was complicated and developed. She was flirting with Austin's bro, he started to fall for her, she wasn't that into him but started to fall for him, her sister has ups and downs with him which complicates things. It feels a little more real to me. They're not just Barbie and Ken who matched up in Week 1.

I mean, I'm over watching them flirt and makeout but I'm pulling for them outside the house.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
Apparently Austin called feed watchers fat nerds tonight, twitter was briefly enraged. If I didn't care for him before, I think I like him now.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Tide posted:

Sticky situation or not, Steve and Meg have to realize

And therein lies your problem. Meg isn't playing BB. I'm not sure what she's doing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Savahontas posted:

And therein lies your problem. Meg isn't playing BB. I'm not sure what she's doing.

Summer long sleep over, with an emphasis on sleep.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I find Austin/Liz fairly endearing as a couple. It feels kind of organic to me. Clay/Shelli felt very superficial with them wanting each other from the start and just hooking right up. This one was complicated and developed. She was flirting with Austin's bro, he started to fall for her, she wasn't that into him but started to fall for him, her sister has ups and downs with him which complicates things. It feels a little more real to me. They're not just Barbie and Ken who matched up in Week 1.

I mean, I'm over watching them flirt and makeout but I'm pulling for them outside the house.

Luckily, us TV watchers don't get to see the flirt/make-out sessions as frequently (if at all), so I haven't grown tired of them.

I also didn't realize the possibility of James and Meg pairing with Austin and Liz if Julia gets voted out, and I didn't realize how often James has broken his word (I think he's only broken it once on air).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James hasn't played crazy dirty or anything but he's broken his word really casually a number of times. Clelli was the big one but there was also Jace, the subsequent lies to Vanessa, Austin, and Liz, the Becky/8 person stuff, selling out Becky, targeting Vanessa after Brass Tacks. James' word has never meant anything in this game and everyone in the house has openly discussed that since Clelli, and even way back to Week 1.

And yeah, James and Austin have gotten really close over the last month as the last two "bros" in the house and James and Meg have been wanting to go deep with Aus-Twins since before the first Double Eviction because they think they'll be easier to beat at the end than Johnny/Steve/Vanessa, but the numbers advantage is just the problem they have. If you take that away and make Liztin a simple duo it shifts things around a lot and puts Meg and James on even footing with them.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ChosenbytheZetans posted:

Apparently Austin called feed watchers fat nerds tonight, twitter was briefly enraged. If I didn't care for him before, I think I like him now.

If Austin, Steve and Johnny dropped the whole "never watched the feeds things" and started ragging on the cat ladies I would love them forever.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

loving preseason football game is pushing back the show. On double eviction!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well at least it's not until after the evening news for me like it was a couple weeks ago. Didn't even bother, just downloaded a :filez: before the show aired.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

If Austin, Steve and Johnny dropped the whole "never watched the feeds things" and started ragging on the cat ladies I would love them forever.

Austin cutting promos to the cameras mocking everyone on the feeds has been a fantasy of mine ever since I started looking at #BB17 on twitter.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Looks like football is preempting BB for most of the country.
My usual CBS east coast feeds come out of NYC and Dayton Ohio which either are or will be airing football shortly.

If anyone finds a football free stream for the live East Coast airing shoot me a PM with a link. I'm still checking around but it's not looking too good. I can't even find a Global Canada stream like I could in the past. :(

If I find anything I'll pay it forward.

*** New York Market *** BB will air at it's normal time on WLNY-55

*** Los Angeles Market *** BB will air at it's normal time on KCAL-9

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Boston is just airing it on another channel.

• Locked thread